Monday, June 15, 2009

Maggie's Home For Wayward Girls

Brady bumps into Nicole at the Java Café. He tells her he assumes she knows she wasn't the only one lying about having EJ's baby.

Victor meets Phillip and his henchmen at the dock. EJ and his goon show up.

Stephanie comes onto the terrace and finds a note from Phillip saying he has a meeting but she can have Henderson rustle up anything she wants for breakfast. Suddenly, Owen steps up, "Shall I pour you some coffee?"

Melanie meets Max at the pub. She asks about him going to London. He tells her he's not coming back and Melanie turns on the freak show.

Maggie shows Mia around her place. Mia becomes withdrawn, "I can't stay here. I didn't know you had all this. I'm not a good person, Mrs. Horton."

"See," says Maggie, "You'll fit right in. And besides, you can help us look for Mickey."

The Kiriakis and DiMera boys negotiate. Phillip wants Owen. EJ can't do that.

Owen drools over Stephanie. Stephanie quivers, "I'm gonna scream."

Owen whispers, "No one will hear you." He gets close and sniffs, "I love your perfume." Stephanie begs him to leave her alone but he says he never will, "We're gonna go away together. We're going to be happy... if you'll have me."

Stephanie considers it, "I might. How big is your mansion? "

Mia decides she can't stay there. Maggie says in order not to relapse she has to take things one day at a time.

"I'm not going to relapse," whines Mia, "Mrs. Horton, I'm not who you think I am. I've done some things I'm not proud of. Starting with my choices for an acting career."

Prevuze

Melanie rants. She turns on the waterworks and tells Max he can't go. Max points out that Melanie has started to make friends and Salem and she will do well without him. "I don't know," she blubbers, "Phillip and Stephanie are nice but they're kind of backing off of me after what happened." She tells him about the morgue caper, "Umm... can I have a donut?"

Max is concerned about other things, "Is Stephanie OK?"

Owen begs, "I want that magical smile." Stephanie wants that magical star trek transporter. Owen wants to take Stephanie away. Stephanie says she wants Phillip instead of Owen. Owen talks about Phillip's dark side, "I want to take you someplace special. I know a morgue that has larger drawers we can share together."

Henderson asks, "Would you like coffee, miss? Nightmare over. Oh those crafty writers! Henderson leaves and Stephanie hauls out her Official John Black Bag-O-Pills and has a handful of those for breakfast.

Victor wants to wait for Stefano. He thinks EJ really can't make a deal on his own, "If you think your father will let you make the decisions, you don't know him very well."

Right on cue, Stefano shows up, "EJ knows me Victor. He knows me pretty well."

Melanie tells Max about her adventure with Brady in the crypt. Max makes a note of the best way to get phone reception, "I'll have to remember that line. But how is Stephanie?"

Melanie is off in her own little world, "It was all like something out of a Rocky movie. And I was the one who snuck into the morgue." Out of the blue, Max suggests Melanie move to London with him.

"Chelsea would love that."

"I will deal with her," says Max.

With that, Melanie scoots. She bumps into Stephanie on the way out. Stephanie walks up to Max.

EJ says yesterday he lost someone important to him and vowed he would end this war quietly, "The DiMeras have decided not to pursue any counter moves. We want to broker a truce, not with Victor... with Phillip."

Brady says he heard about Sami and her baby, "If EJ got that upset when Sami lied to him what do you think he will do when he discovers your little lie?"

Nicole insists EJ won't find out, "My marriage is solid."

"So is a cow pattie," says Brady , "And they're both made of the same thing. Your marriage is really a house of lies. One simple blood test and you will be the next Sami."

Maggie serves Mia a bucket of of tea, "I had daemons to deal with the same as you."

"Yeah," says Mia, "but I'm not really a... it's not that."

Maggie tells her she can't keep dragging her past with her, "When I was having problems, people reached out to me, so now I'm reaching out to you." Suddenly, wise ole Maggie has made everything all better. Mia says she'll pay Maggie back when she gets a job. Hugs. Melanie walks in and soaks it in.

Max plays the 'I told you so' game. He tells Stephanie she and Phillip Will never be a good fit for each other, "You got lucky this time."

Victor steps in front of Phillip and looks EJ in the eye, "If you want to negotiate, it will be with me." Phillip takes Victor aside to 'splain things to him."

Stefano asks Elvis, "Are you sure about this?"

"This is about my family and my future," says EJ, "I'm not letting anybody else control my life. Never again."

Phillip tells Victor they are witnessing a changing of the guard and Victor should step aside. Victor snarls, "I disagree."

"Then fire me again," says Phillip.

"Fire you," asks Victor, "Is it Monday again already?"

Phillip draws the line in the sand, "Either fire me or step back." Victor works his gums.

Nicole reminds Brady she has made her little scheme work. "So far," says Brady.

Nicole says, "EJ is not gonna find out about Sydney and I am gonna live a happy life."

Brady asks, "What? Did you find a parallel universe? And what if Dr. Baker comes back? What if EJ gets a clue? Or there will always be others... like the person coming through the door right now." Mia walks in.

Melanie asks, "What is this... Maggie's home for wayward girls?"

"I tried to call you and tell you Mia would be living here," says Mags, "but you never returned my calls."

"You should have texted me."

"I would if you could read."

"You don't know anything about Mia," says Melanie, "What if she's a serial killer?"

"That's been done," says Maggie.

"Yeah," says Melanie, "But the people who write this show may not be literary geniuses, but they're great at recycling."


Maggie says she's proud of the way Melanie is turning out. Melanie takes advantage of the tender moment and asks to move into the new bedroom with the private bath. Maggie tells her to stop acting like a spoiled brat. She wants Melanie to be more grateful for what she has, "Did you turn in your nursing school application? Don't let the deadline pass." Maggie leaves.

Melanie's smile melts. She gets the application out of a drawer, "Maybe London wouldn't be so bad."

Stephanie insists she loves Phillip and Max says he isn't right for her. Chelsea has told Stephanie they are moving to London. She's happy for both of them and says she will miss them. Max asks her to be careful.

Phillip... EJ... Face to face. Well, with Phillip in the mix, you'd better make that face to face to face. EJ says, "Everything north of the river is DiMera territory."

Phillip grows, "Everything south is Kiriakis. No more surprises or strikes." They each give their word and shake hands.

Stephanie is back on the terrace. Phillip joins her. He moves in for a smooch, "Love that perfume." Stephanie nearly hurls, but recovers. "Good news," says Phillip.

Stephanie gasps, "Did you find Owen?"

"No," says Phillip, "The Lakers blew the Magic out of the water last night and the NBA finals are over. Now our evening TV lineup won't be messed up any more."

Nicole insists Mia won't be a problem. She says Mia has no rapport with Sydney. Conveniently, Brady gets a call. Mia joins Nicole. She thanks her for letting her hold Grace when she was so sick, "When I held Sydney I didn't feel anything, but with Grace it was different."

"Sometimes things are a mystery and you should leave them alone," says Nicole.

Brady walks up and Mia goes to talk to the manager about a job. Nicole assures Brady things are under control. Translation: Two locomotives hurtle toward each other on the same track...

Stefano and EJ return to the DiMera mansion. Stefano thinks this thing with Sami has hurt EJ deeply. EJ beats himself up for not figuring it out. Stefano tells him to be glad he has selected Nicole over Sami, "Nicole has your best interests at heart."

Melanie rushes up to the nurses station. Nurse Viv snorts, "You're late."

Melanie makes excuses, "Yeah, but I was in the building so technically I was on time. I was turning in my application for nursing school."

"Why do you want to be a nurse?"

"Uh... uh... I like helping people?"

"You like helping yourself," she says, "A nurses life is rough. Sometimes we run into people like you. You won't make it. There is your cart. Start passing out those books."

Melanie goes to the cart and finds a brochure about England.

Phillip says he guesses Owen is long gone. Henderson brings a message in. Phillip looks at it, says he will take care of it later and tucks it inside his jacket pocket. Melanie immediately throws a tantrum, "What was that?"

"It's no big deal."

"I don't believe you."

Nicole tells Brady she wants to deal with things her way, "If I had it to do over again I would do the same things." EJ, on the other hand, would stay out of elevators.

EJ rambles, "Nicole is a good mother. Samantha is so selfish. She doesn't know what love is. Who would keep a child from her father? What she did wasn't even human. No more. She will treat my wife with respect form now on. My wife doesn't lie about children."

The nurse comes down the hall and finds Melanie looking through the brochure and daydreaming, "Get to work!"

"I have a better idea," says Melanie, "I have decided sick people are boring."

"That's why there are so many of them on DOOL."

Melanie tosses the brochure back on the cart, "I QUIT!" She trundles off.

Phillip tells Stephanie to calm down. She demands to see the paper Phillip stuffed into his pocket, "No more lies, Phillip." Phillip takes the paper out of his pocket, unfolds it and hands it to her. Stephanie stares.

Nicole insists she loves her family and EJ loves her and that is reality, "I made this happen and I will keep doing that.

Brady says, "Love has nothing to do with what you are going through, and deep down you know it."

EJ says he has a plan to pay Sami back. He hands Stefano a paper.

Stefano reads and chuckles, "This is brilliant. So I assume you had nothing to do with writing it."

"She's never going to know what hit her," says EJ.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


7 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Another craptastic episode, so you know what that means? It must be Monday! Okay, maybe I got ahead of myself, since I actually broke down and watched the show after boycotting for over a year, I actually enjoyed this week. However, it appears the writers are one trick ponies because this week looks like it is starting off rather dull.

Phillip... EJ... Face to face. Well, with Phillip in the mix, you'd better make that face to face to face. EJ says, "Everything north of the river is DiMera territory."

Why am I thinking ... "Here we are, face to face (add another face for Phillip) two of us with silver spoons.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

He tells her he's not coming back and Melanie turns on the freak show.

For Melanie, that isn’t a stretch. Sigh…of all the characters I would like to see take a one way trip to Europe, Melanie would be the first on my list.

"See," says Maggie, "You'll fit right in. And besides, you can help us look for Mickey."

…and to think that Kevin Dobson thought he had finally found a steady gig. Geez!

"I want to take you someplace special. I know a morgue that has larger drawers we can share together."

Please Prevuze – tell me the second sentence was supposed to be in italics.

"My marriage is solid."

"So is a cow pattie," says Brady , "And they're both made of the same thing.”

Road apple humor – love it!!!

"Yeah," says Melanie, "But the people who write this show may not be literary geniuses, but they're great at recycling."

DOOL is a veritable compost heap of recycled scripts and dialogue.

EJ says, "Everything north of the river is DiMera territory."

Phillip grows, "Everything south is Kiriakis.”

That makes the DiMera clan Cubs fans and the Kiriakis bunch Sox fans. It could get ugly in the stands at Wrigley this week.

"Sometimes things are a mystery and you should leave them alone," says Nicole.

Yeah, like how this stupid baby switch storyline made it past a DOOL brain storming session and acquired a never ending life of its own. Hmmm – I think I put my finger on it. DOOL and brain are contradictory terms.

Everyone is so concerned that Stephanie was kidnapped. What about Stefano? He was denied insulin and went into a diabetic coma. That nefarious act is completely ignored by everyone including the SPD. As a result of the trauma, Stephanie gets hooked on pills, and Stefano sneaks cocktails and probably a cookie or 20. Oh the drama!!!

Once again, thank you Prevuze for a stellar Monday morning update!

5:36 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Great pictures about the blue, underwire bra and Stephanie preferring unfertilized eggs.

Enjoyed the timely reminder of John Black's Bag-O-Pills. (Do they come in a generic form?)

My HUH?! moment:
EJ says, "Everything north of the river is DiMera territory."

Are they dealing in drugs, prostitution, gambling? I thought they were competitors in their shipping and publishing empires. Wouldn't divvying up their territory be more like, "I get the South American market, you get the Far Eastern market, and we split Toledo, Ohio 50/50"?

"Then fire me again," says Phillip. "Fire you," asks Victor, "Is it Monday again already?"

Unfortunately for us, yes it is. Fortunately for us, Prevuze has come through again to ease the pain.

WHOA! An actual word for my verfication - "thing". I'm not sure I can handle this.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

For some reason the biggest chuckle for me was the image of Victor working his gums. HAHAHA

Why would a hospital book cart have a brochure of London on it? To torture the poor bedridden patients by showing them places they can't go?

And I couldn't agree more about the basketball statement. Talk about never-ending !!!! Unfortunately, the reprieve will only last a couple of weeks as they'll be reporting on new high school teams and we can start that crap all over again.

Stephanie on pills. Now she can act even more robotic.

Prevuze is the bright spot on an extremely gloomy and rainy Monday. Thanks! :D

8:17 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Melanie's smile melts. She gets the application out of a drawer, "Maybe London wouldn't be so bad."


What is this - are they moving the whole town of Salem to Europe? Maybe they can use the magic Salem transporter to get everyone (and everything) there. Of course, Deb might have to re-do her map and expand it to cover all of Europe!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"Yeah," says Melanie, "But the people who write this show may not be literary geniuses, but they're great at recycling."


Since we are in a recession the writers are adhering to the Great Depression adage:

use it up wear it out make it do or do without

Using up our patience
Wearing out Kate's coochie
Making do with tired dialogue
Doing without a quality storyline

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uncle Max might be right about Phillip and Stephanie but he comes off as a jealous creep. I'm surprised he didn't invite her to go with them to Europe too for a threesome.

Why do they tease the audience with the possibility Melanie will actually leave? Everyone knows that's too good to be true.

Also, Victor putting with with Phillip talking down to him is strange. I thought he would fire him again.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs