Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Queen Of The Castle

Chloe wanders through the woods and smells the flowers. Daniel smells opportunity and comes up behind her and grabs her. Chloe gasps, "You can't be here. We can't be together, OK?" Together they be.

Stefano startles Nicole and says he wants to finish their conversation.

Max sleeps. Max dreams. He wakes up to find Chelsea hovering over him. Dreams sometimes turn into nightmares.

Arianna and Rafe sit on Salem's only park bench. She tells Rafe she is so sorry Grace passed away. "Something like this happens," says Arianna, "and all your problems get really small."

"All my problems seem small now," says Rafe, "That's because someone once told me my problems are all in my mind."

Sami sits on the couch with Will watching. She reads to Johnny and Allie. It's a story about Katie the dog, who dies and has to go away forever. This show just keeps getting more cheerful by the minute. Sami breaks down and can't go on. Will takes over. Johnny and Allie wonder where this is going. Sami tells them beautiful little Grace won't be able to be with them any more, just like Katie the dog, but they will keep Grace in their hearts forever. Tears to the Max.

Nicole tells Stefano she doesn't think this is a good time to talk. Stefano does. He says he is aware if they hadn't switched the babies they would now be be preparing for Sydney's funeral. He prays that Nicolle succeeds in keeping the family together, "but you had better pray that Elvis and Samantha never find out what you have done."

Arianna comforts Rafe, "Sami will get through this."

"I'm glad even though you totally despise her and completely disapprove of me being with her, you seem to know her well enough to make assurances like that," says Rafe. He leaves. Arianna stares.

Chelsea tells Max she took Victor's jet to get home. Max asks, "Are you here for good?"

"Wherever I am," says Chelsea, "It's no good." She tells him there isn't an easy way to say this, "I don't think I'm coming back."

Brady walks east. Arianna walks west. East meets west and bags, books and trinkets go flying. "If we're going to keep meeting like this," says Brady, "we should probably start wearing body armor."

"I'd vote for you wearing deodorant over body armor," says Arianna. Arianna somehow mentions Sami. Brady asks if she had another crisis.

Arianna asks, "You don't know?"

Will calls Mia and asks if she wants to meet at the Java Café to help the kids get some breakfast, "A little caffeine should get them pumped up."

Will leaves with the kids. Sami grabs Grace's blanket and broods. Rafe calls. He asks if she wants him to come over. Sami says she just needs to be alone. "Call me if you need me,": says Rafe. They hang up. Sami stares, cries, chucks the phone across the room and goes into total meltdown.

Daniel and Chloe suck on each other. Chloe insists they can't do this, "This is wrong." Wrong it may be, but more sucking we see.

Brady and Arianna sit in the pub and debrief about Grace's passing.

Nicole wants to know if Stefano is threatening to tell. Stefano says no. He says if Nicole would not have faked her pregnancy he thinks Elvis would have figured things out, "By now Elvis would be involved in a bitter custody battle." It seems Stefano kind of admires Nicole's deceit.

Sami dreams and hears Grace crying. She gets up and asks if Grace wants to wake up and play. She turns to get grace's blanket and turns back to find Grace has disappeared. Sami freaks and runs around the place looking for Grace, then wakes up. Reality, as they say, bites.

EJ knocks. Sami answers, "Why are you here?"

"I'm here," says EJ, "to check on Johnny... and you."

Out in the audience, two Ejamis swoon and they have to carry them out on stretchers.

Max asks, "So when you go back to London you're never coming back?"

Chelsea asks, "What part of 'never coming back' confused you?" He kisses her and doesn't get a big response. She tells him he can't change her mind. Max moves in. One for the road, so to speak.

Brady tells Arianna he and Sami were never that close. Arianna thinks something seems off with the relationship between Sami and her brother, "It's too convenient... planned. He said he's the only father that baby has ever known. I don't understand why he would want to step in and adopt Grace without marrying Sami first."

"Taking on the awesome responsibility of parenthood and making a lifetime commitment to a kid with all that entails is trivial compared to marrying Sami," says Brady.

Stefano says Nicole did the right thing and he was impressed. It doesn't mean he completely forgives her but the good outweighs the bad in what she did. Stefano tells her when he brought Elvis over to the US it was so Elvis could seduce Sami and then break her heart.

"Unfortunately," says Nicole, "there was a little flaw in your plan. EJ fell in love with Sami."

Sami invites EJ in. she tells him about telling the kids about Grace, but doesn't know how much they understood. Sami tells him Rafe is strong and has really helped her, "I did what I had to do but it meant nothing."

That one throws EJ for a loss, He consults the Guy Manual for advice, "When she says something that comes completely out of left field and you don't have a clue as to what she is talking about, smile and nod as if it's the most intelligent thing you've ever heard and change the subject as quickly as possible."

Unfortunately, EJ ignores the advice, "What does that mean?"

Rafe stops at the hospital to start making the arrangements for Grace.

Nurse Nononsense asks, "The baby's name?"

"Grace Raphaela Brady. I am her father."

EJ tells Sami what she did with Grace was a good thing. Sami says Grace meant the world to her, "I wish you had known her the way I did."

"I wish I had known her more," says EJ, "She was Johnny and Allie's adopted sister."

"She was more than that," says Sami.

EJ wrinkles his brow, "I don't understand."

"I didn't tell you the truth," says Sami, "She wasn't just my baby. She was ours. EJ doesn't think that could be true. Sami insists it is.

Why is space a vacuum? Because Daniel and Chloe continue to suck on each other. Suddenly, Chloe wakes, bolts upright in bed and looks at Lucas' side of the bed.

Daniel sleeps. Kate sneaks in.

Max and Chelsea get busy.

The nurse says Rafe's name isn't in any of the records, so she can't do anything. Rafe explodes and insists he is the father. Nicole comes up and backs him up, "He's right. He is the father."

Sami cries. EJ sifts through the aftermath of the bomb she just dropped. He doesn't believe her. Sami wails, "Stop questioning my sanity and think about it for a second. You'll realize it is true."

Back to Max and Chelsea and close shots of body parts.

Lucas comes back to bed and apologizes for waking Chloe. He asks if she had a bad dream. She says she did and asks if he's upset. He says he is... "I'm upset about Grace and some other things... Remember when I said we should concentrate on our future?"

"Yeah," says Chloe, "did you change your mind?"

"No," says Lucas, "I still have the same one. As poorly as it works, I should consider changing it, though. I just don't think we should have secrets. Lets be honest. Let's start right now. Today."

Kate elects not to plunge a knife into Daniel. Instead, she slips a prescription pad out from under his hand and tears off a blank page. We flash back to her practicing his signature. Daniel wakes as she sneaks out, "Kate, what are you doing in here?"

Nicole vouches that Rafe is the father. "Big deal," says Nurse Nononsense, "and just who are you?"

"I'm Mrs. EJ DiMera."

Name-dropper.

Suddenly, nursie gets really cooperative. She runs to get the paperwork. Rafe wonders why Nicole did that. She says she knows he was Grace's father in his heart. Rafe asks why she is there. She tells him she left her cell phone at the hospital and is there to pick it up. She also expresses her condolences about Grace. Rafe wonders why she looks so upset since she had no connections to Grace. Nicole stares.

EJ starts to sort through things. Sami does the math. EJ does the math. Einstein offers to help, but it's not rocket science. EJ blows his stack when he figures out she lied to him, "TELL ME YOU DIDN'T LIE TO ME!"

"It's not exactly how I planned it."

"TELL ME YOU DIDN'T DO THAT!"

"I had to," she whimpers.

"NO!"

"Yes... yes..."

EJ hyperventilates and his eyes bug out of his head like a Boston Terrier in a butcher shop.

Max and Chelsea bask in the afterglow. "So," he asks, "Did I change your mind?"

"No," says Chelsea, "I actually came to ask if you wanted to go to London with me."

"I wish you had asked sooner," says Max.

"I wanted to warm you up first," says Chelsea. She puts on the sales job. Max scowls.

Kate comes back in and says she came to talk to Daniel, but decided not to disturb him. Daniel cuts to the chase, "You hate me Kate, what is the real reason you are here?"

"I got what I came for."

Chloe doesn't get it. Lucas tells her when Sami got out of the witless protection program she didn't lose the baby.

Chloe asks, "So, Grace was EJ's baby?"

"Yeah."

"You knew this and didn't tell me," says she asks.

"I just found out a few weeks ago," says Lucas. Wrong answer. Chloe explodes and runs out.

Prevuze

EJ is not taking things well. He stammers, staggers and shakes like Tom Horton on a bad day, "Why would you lie to me about something so important?"

Sami turns on the afterburners, "Because you are a DiMera! Your family represents everything that is evil! Your father had the mayor murdered! And worst of all, he once wrote for DOOL! And you have the nerve to ask why I didn't ell you. You planned Phillip's murder! You made all those threats to take Johnny away from me! I didn't want her to be a part of your disgusting family!

Steamin' Sami finally runs out of exclamation marks. EJ erupts. Sami tells him she came to tell him the day the mayor was killed, "And Nicole was lording it over me... acting like the queen of the castle and..."

"WHAT? SHUT UP! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NICOLE! NOTHING! SHE DIDN'T LIE TO ME ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE! SHE HAS NOT BETRAYED ME!"

If looks could kill...

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

FINALLY some real drama. Okay, okay I am getting ahead of myself. Nicole is gonna get it, Nicole is going to get it. Oh the soapiness of it all. I admittedly can't tell you what else happens in this episode because I was besotten (see? I am so stunned by all the drama I am makin up words like DOOL writers make up stories) by Sami and EJ. I guess I am one of those EJAMIS that swooned in the aisle.

Great recap today Prevuze. It's official after just over a year of not watching an episode, I will be watching this one tomorrow (fast forwarding through all the other meaningless tripe, though Nicole and Stefano will be good too).

Prevuze - you had me at hello.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Arianna comforts Rafe, "Sami will get through this."

"I'm glad even though you totally despise her and completely disapprove of me being with her, you seem to know her well enough to make assurances like that," says Rafe.


For Arianna, this was definitely a case of despise at first sight. Well, I guess it was a real time saver. If she had given herself the opportunity to get to know Sami, it would have ended up the same way.

"I'm here," says EJ, "to check on Johnny... and you."

Out in the audience, two Ejamis swoon and they have to carry them out on stretchers.


Prevuze, I’m thinking you underestimated that number by a whole bunch.

“I don't understand why he would want to step in and adopt Grace without marrying Sami first."


That truly is the $64,000 question - enquiring minds need to know.

Why is space a vacuum? Because Daniel and Chloe continue to suck on each other.


Prevuze – the best science blog on the Internet. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Back to Max and Chelsea and close shots of body parts.


Will the actress be getting this kind of action on “Heroes”?

EJ hyperventilates and his eyes bug out of his head like a Boston Terrier in a butcher shop.


Did someone say pork chops?

"WHAT? SHUT UP! THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NICOLE! NOTHING! SHE DIDN'T LIE TO ME ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE! SHE HAS NOT BETRAYED ME!"


For EJ’s sake, I hope there’s something in the “Guy Manual” that covers baby switches. When he finds out about Nicole’s switcheroo, EJ’s going to need all the help he can get. On the other hand, an industrial sized bottle of scotch would work just as well.

How novel is this? DOOL has achieved plot movement. Will wonders never cease? Prevuze thanks for the super update. I needed it on this very dreary Tuesday morning.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous devlgirl31 said...

I think my Ejami-ness that I have burried deep down is starting to rise !! Oh I cant wait !!!He's gonna kill Nicole !!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EVERY time I think I am about to give up on Ejami and get an hour of my life back they suck me back in!!! Damn.....
Hope this s/l doesn't go on and on-we need to get EJ and Sami back with their child, and Nicole needs to pay........

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Well, Prevuze, you did it. You managed to force me to LOL and then quit reading for awhile to compose myself in order to not disturb my hard working coworkers.

First with the Boston Terrier in the butcher shop and second with Tom "Shakes" Horton. I will be laughing at these two images all day.

I also got a kick out of Stephanie missing the drawer. If only we could arrange for her to go stay there.

So the brat came all the way back to tell Max she's not coming back? What, did the cell phone die again?

Well, after my outbursts of laughter I suppose I should at least pretend to be doing something other than reading Prevuze. Thanks for the great laughs on a dark and stormy morning! :D

7:40 AM  
Anonymous dobieacat said...

We can only pray that this new development with EJami isnt one of those, oh you were just dreaming/thinking. If it is, I will about blow my top!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

EJ starts to sort through things. Sami does the math. EJ does the math. Einstein offers to help, but it's not rocket science.

Finally, some Ack-shon!

EJ hyperventilates and his eyes bug out of his head like a Boston Terrier in a butcher shop.

Isn’t Killer a Boston? I had a Boston whose eyes bugged out at watermelon, so I can really relate. HAHAHA

Loved Bulldog's picture and Patch's new business. Maybe this is why Patch isn't around. He's been on the road peddling his 'upgrades'.

If EJ's reaction to this news required 21.5 pt, red, ComicSans type, I can only imagine what Prevuze will need to convey EJ's response when he finds out what "she who never betrayed me" has been up to. HA

Despite the heart-wrenching scenes of telling the twins, the show seems to be back on track with the material we love to 'dis'. Thanks Prevuze!

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Scolly said...

Why would Sami tell EJ now? What good is that going to do? (Other than some much needed plot movement for the viewers, that is.) In reality she would've just never said anything.

Waitaminute. I just used the word "reality" in a Daze comment. What's wrong with me?!? HAHAHAHAHA

Excellent Prevuze.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scolly, I think Sami is telling EJ now to punish herself. She hates herself so much that she wants someone to yell at her and make her absolutely miserable.

Finally, we are getting the awesomeness that has been long over due. Ali&James are gonna rock those scenes.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bulldog: Re. Chelsea's return--

She just came back to say goodbye.

(And that's your CanCon for the day!)


Unrelated: I cannot wait to see the fit EJ throws when he finds out what Nicole did.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Leslie said How novel is this? DOOL has achieved plot movement. Will wonders never cease? Prevuze thanks for the super update. I needed it on this very dreary Tuesday morning.


Too bad plot movement=bowel movement most of the time on DOOL

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Too bad plot movement=bowel movement most of the time on DOOL


Brendamouse - You need to come out and play more often!!!

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ej and Sami's scenes almost made it worth going through the drudge that is the Safe romance...ALMOST! I think after all Sami's whining about Ej being evil like his dad and being a [gasp!] Dimera she's been the one that's gonna push him over the freakin edge! And fine I'm one of those Ejami's (believe me there are MORE then two) who cannot wait for Nicole to get hers (OMG EJ and Sami are going to DESTROY her! And Stefano will just step to the side and pretend he had NO idea - LOL) and Rafe and his sister are such unnecessary cast members...wouldn't it be nice if they could catch the next international flight out of Salem with Chex?
I think it was very heavy handed of the writers to kill off (instead of the usual blood-test reveal) poor little Grace (poor Mia as well), and wouldn't Sami's baby's death kind of require Marlena to show up? Or will John and Marlena send flowers from the other side of the world, Hey! they can go hafsies with Carrie and Eric.

Oh and could someone...don't care whether they are a Brady, Dimera, Horton, or Kiriarkis...SOMEONE just please convince Ej to get a bloody haircut! He looks ridiculous.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? Noone missed all the Hippa violations in the hospital today?
The nurse saying Rafe wasn't listed as the father of Grace in the records, therefore couldn't have access to her paperwork. BUT, Mrs. EJ Dimera shows up and vouches for him and BOOM...no id needed or anything, the nurse goes to get the confidential paperwork to hand it over to this guy who she knows nothing about. Then, Kate sneaking into the Dr's locker room. People just can't roam in there like it's a public restroom and sneak prescrip pads off snoozing Doctors. He didn't feel the pad slip out from under his hand, but he woke up when the doorknob clicked? Sound sleeper.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous still Dazed said...

James Scott and Alison Sweeney are definately shooting for that daytime Emmy this season. Oh, the emotion!

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will this ever change? It's June 18th and this prevuze hasn't changed in nearly a week. Is something wrong?

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs