Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A Terrible Injustice

Kate stands in the room where Daniel was sleeping. Daniel asks why she is there. Kate says it's nothing tangible. She's just there to offer sympathy for Grace, "Then I realized you don't need my sympathy. You did for her what you did for me when I was ill. There are so many differences between us on one level I despise you but on another I see you as the man who saved my life and the man who gave up Chloe. That's the man I want to concentrate on. I want to start all over again."

Nicole is in the hospital with Rafe. She tells him how sorry she is about Grace. Rafe wonders why she is so upset since she had no connection to Grace.

Haggard Sami stands by her couch and sneers at EJ. She says Nicole is the reason she didn't tell EJ about Grace in the first place. EJ says what she did was unconscionable, "You played God with my daughter's life... and mine!" Sami starts to say something, but a full force EJruption drowns her out.

Lucas and Chloe are in the Java Café. He asks Chloe what's going on. Chloe says she wants to be alone and claims she's not overreacting to the news about Grace being Sami and EJ's daughter.

Loserclueless says he didn't think it was that important. "I'm trying to make our marriage about US," says Chloe.

"Who else would our marriage be about," asks Lucas.

Chloe says, "There is always something coming between us. There is another person living in our marriage."

Prevuze

"Well," says Lucas, "Whoever it is, it isn't Sami."

Daniel is skeptical that Kate's revelation would turn them into friends. Kate says she has a favor to ask, "If you do it, it will move us to a much better place."

"Anything to get out of Salem," says Daniel.

Max serves Chelsea breakfast in bed in celebration of the fact that Chelsea came home. Chelsea reminds him she has to go back to London. She wonders how he feels about that, "I want you to come back there with me, so what is your answer?"

Nicole says, "I care about Grace because I am a mother."

"You're a mother all right," says Rafe.

"I can relate to the pain Sami is feeling," says Nicole, "We share something in common. We're both actors on a two-bit soap opera."

"When did the price go up," asks Rafe.

The nurse comes back and asks for Rafe's signature. Nicole flashes back to a tender moment with Grace and zones out, "I didn't know, Gracie. If I had known we would lose you so soon I'd... I can't stay here." Nicole bolts. As she leaves, Rafe hands her the cell phone she allegedly came back to pick up and says he thinks she's still upset about Grace.

"A baby dies and my heart breaks," says Nicole. She breaks down.

EJ rageifies, "YOU WERE NEVER GOING TO TELL ME, WERE YOU? If she were alive I'd still be in the dark. Well, she's dead. DEAD! Thanks to you I will never know my daughter. To think I came here to tell you how sorry I was for your loss!"

Sami blubbers, "I wanted to be a good mother..."

EJ screams, "You don't deserve to be a mother! You deserve to be in hell!"

Sami says, "I'm on DOOL. Isn't that pretty much the same thing?"

Max gets a stack of papers and jumps back into bed. Chelsea wants to know what it is. Max says, "I'm just proud..."

Chelsea grabs the papers from him and reads, "OMG... you got into medical school and got a full-ride!"

"Yes," says Max, "And I'd like to thank you for that ride, too."

Kate says her advisors tell her she needs a "meet the doctor" segment on her show. Daniel is reluctant. "Oh," says Kate, "You misunderstood. I didn't want you for the 'meet the doctor' segment. I want you for the 'meet the groper' segment." Daniel says he will think about it. He says he has to go for a run or a swim. Kate leaves. Outside, she checks out the blank prescription.

Nicole says she is sleep deprived. She also says she understands if Rafe is skeptical, but insists she has a heart, "I know what loss is all too well and just because I have a healthy girl doesn't mean I can't understand what Sami is feeling." she leaves.

The nurse tells Rafe he can take Grace.

It seems when EJ was ranting before, he was just getting warmed up, "You rot in hell! You and that beacon of light Rafe! He was in on this WASN'T HE? The two of you were going to raise my child while you were laughing yourselves silly!"

"It wasn't about you," says Sami, "It was about protecting Grace."

"I never knew her," says EJ, "Now I have to live with that. I will hate you for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Chelsea is so surprised by Max' full ride to med school. She says it was selfish of her to ask him to leave Salem. I love you and will miss you so much. Max moves in. he won't be missing her for the next few minutes however.

Chloe says she is talking about Sami. "It's not like I'm having an affair," says Lucas.

Chloe stomps out. Lucas chases her but stops short as Chloe trundles away.

EJ screams, "I Hope you keep on suffering till the day you die!" He storms out and nearly gets sick out in the hall. When he halfway recovers, he calls the hospital and talks to the nurse, "My name is EJ DiMera. I need to see my daughter Grace."

You'll have to stand in the grieving father's line," says the nurse.

Sami sits and cries.

Kate stands outside. Dr. Chippendale walks up filling out his scrubs nicely. Kate says she won't forget him for all the favors he's done for her, "Y'know, you look just like a doctor I know."

Dr. Chippendale hands her a sack, "Something you need?"

"You might say that," says Kate. She hands him something in return.

Chloe wanders in the woods and finds scrubs with Daniel's ID. Half-naked Daniel walks up.

Max says, "This is the happiest I've been forever."

"Me too," says Chelsea.

Max says he understands Chelsea has to go back, "I want to go to London, too."

Chelsea asks, "For how long?"

Max says, "However long you are going to be here in the US."

Nicole holds Sydney, "Mommy did the right thing. It was God's plan. I switched you with Grace because God wouldn't make me suffer losing my daughter a second time."

"If God's plan is not to make people suffer," asks Grace, "Then why am I with you?"

Rafe is at the funeral home making arrangements. He talks to the funeral director in his office. He says he knows Sami would want father Matt to do the service. "I understand," says the funeral director, "I'm going to go get the catalog of various choices for you." He walks out of the room.

EJ staggers in and gives Rafe his look of death. Rafe gives his look of Neanderthalism.

Dr. Chippendale tells Kate the pharmacy people said the stuff he brought is really toxic. Kate checks out the vial he has given her as Dr. Chippendale looks inside the envelope she has given him, "Wow! This is way too much. I would have done the job for one tenth of this amount."

"You're going to have to take a long trip," says Kate, "That's what the extra money is for. Y'know ou really do remind me of someone I cared for very much."

Dr. Chippendale gives her the eye, "Is that a good thing?"

"Maybe someday it will turn out to be," says Kate. She walks away.

Daniel explains, "I was just in the lake. So many people have told me to go jump in a late lately I decided to take them up on it." He dries off, "I realize this is awkward. Is something bothering you?"

"Yes," says Chloe, "the fact that you're half-naked." She tells him about her problems with Lucas, "I know I've been keeping our affair from him, but I just found out he's keeping things from me, too. I don't think married couples should keep secrets and lie to each other. That should be left up to the wife."

Daniel says he isn't sure keeping a secret and lying are the same thing. "If we are both keeping secrets," says Chloe, "What does that say about our marriage?"

Kate returns to the Kiriakis mansion. She walks inside with a blinking neon sign over her head, pointing to her hand and saying, "MYSTERIOUS VIAL... MYSTERIOUS VIAL..." Lucas finds her and asks what she has.

Nicole continues to babble. On occasion, she also talks to Grace, "I am your mommy. Your only mommy. The only mommy you will ever need or have."

EJ walks across the room toward Rafe.

SUCKER PUNCH!

Rafe collapses into a heap. Sami walks in and witnesses the one-sided cage match, "OMG!" Rafe drools and once again gives us his dazed look of Neanderthalism.

Kate tells Lucas it's a vial of liquid vitamins, "It's something to make sure everything goes the way it should."

Chloe says she is confused to see Daniel there, "I just came here to clear my mind."

"How can you clear a vacuum," asks Daniel.

"I just wanted to get away," says Chloe, "But then I ran into you. I don't know what to make of it."

Daniel stares into space, "Maybe it's a sign."

Max insists he's sure he wants to go to London with Chelsea. She reminds him he'll be giving up a lot. "Especially if I am with you," says Max.

Nicole calls and orders flowers for Grace, "We'll take the Basket of Blessings arrangement. Have the card read, 'From EJ, Nicole and Sydney.'"

Stefano walks up behind her, "You didn't add my name to the card. I'll send my own." Nicole is surprised he would do that. Stefano is happy Sydney is healthy and thriving.

"We're very lucky," says Nicole.

"It's not luck at all," says Stefano, "If you had not pulled the switcheroo, we would be in mourning now. There but for the Grace of God... the coming of one Nicole DiMera."

Sami runs to Rafe's aid. EJ rants at Rafe for hiding things from him. "CUT IT OUT," screams Sami.

"What," asks EJ, "His heart? "

The funeral director comes in and asks, "What is going on? Who are you?"

"I'm Grace's mother," says Sami.

"I'm the father says EJ," says EJ.

The director turns to Rafe, "Then who are you?"

"Her adopted father," says Rafe.

"Sounds like a typical Salem family," says the director, "If you don't settle down..."

"We will," promises Rafe, "Please just give us a minute." The funeral director leaves.

EJ and Rafe agree this isn't the time or place to fight, but no one is singing Kum Bay Yah. EJ sneers at Sami, "He helped you keep my daughter from me. A terrible injustice has been done and I'm telling you both, I will make sure it is remedied."

Chloe asks, "A sign?"

"Yeah," says Daniel, "Finding me here."

Chloe gets a clue, "You're being sarcastic. You don't believe in signs. I don't need to hear I've been a fool. It's bad enoug..."

Daniel encourages her, "Say it."

"I feel like a fool," says Chloe, "Lucas betrayed my trust." Daniel wonders why someone so committed to Lucas is ready to throw in the towel over a minor transgression. Chloe says this really hurt her. Daniel asks if she still loves Lucas. She says she does, "BUT I love you more."

Kate says the vitamins are just a precaution. She invites him to dinner but Lucas won't let her change the subject and calls her on her lie. He grabs the vial and asks what she is hiding.

Nicole hands Sydney to Stefano. He rattles off some Italian and tells Sydney it won't be the way it was with Anthony, "I won't ship you off to a deserted island and then act like I care after you come back." He says he couldn't bear to lose another child.

Rafe insists there is no injustice, "What happened to Grace couldn't have been prevented."

EJ wonders if that is true. He explodes about Sami leaving her with the nuns, "You could have left her with me!"

"I wanted to protect her from you," screams Sami.

"From me," yells EJ, "I didn't abandon her. I wasn't ashamed of her existence. She wasn't an inconvenience to me!"

SLAP!

Sami moves in and gives him one right in the solar plexus. Then Screamin' Sami goes to town. A left... a right... a left... a right... a left... a right... aleftarightaleftarightaleftaright.

YOU KILLED MY BABY," screams EJ, "YOU DID! YOU KILLED GRACE! Rafe steps in and breaks up the cage match. Sami wails uncontrollably.

Out in the audience, an Ejami fan turns to another, "Uh... that went well... don't you think?"

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a long time Ejami fan, yes, that went very well.

They've got to hit absolute bottom before they can work things out.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

“I want to start all over again."

I’m sure if Daniel consults the “Guy Manual” about starting up with Kate again it will say “run like hell”!!!

Nicole says, "I care about Grace because I am a mother."

"You're a mother all right," says Rafe.

Those are the truest words that have come out of Rafe’s mouth. Of course, it would take the ever perceptive Prevuze to put them there.

EJ screams, "You don't deserve to be a mother! You deserve to be in hell!"

Sami says, "I'm on DOOL. Isn't that pretty much the same thing?"

In unison, the audience nods their heads in agreement.

The nurse tells Rafe he can take Grace.

Wait a minute here. Since when can a “parent” transport the body of a child from the hospital to a funeral home? Rafe isn’t even Grace’s adoptive father. Only in Salem would a hospital release Grace’s body to Rafe because Nicole identified him as the baby’s father. Geez!

EJ staggers in and gives Rafe his look of death. Rafe gives his look of Neanderthalism.

DOOL’s marquis match up is a steel cage match featuring the Caveman verses the Grim Reaper. The winner is to be named the Daddy of the Year!

Dr. Chippendale tells Kate the pharmacy people said the stuff he brought is really toxic.

On the staff of Salem University Hospital, are their any doctors that have a passing knowledge of the Hippocratic Oath?

Then Screamin' Sami goes to town. A left... a right... a left... a right... a left... a right... aleftarightaleftarightaleftaright.

Apparently, the marquis needs a little updating. Let’s make that Screamin’ Sami verses Pissed Off Daddy. They’ve dispensed with the steel cage in favor of duking it out in a funeral home. I’m not sure what the winner gets out of this one.

Screaming, yelling, punching, bulging muscles, half-naked bodies, and toxic vials – it appears that the DOOL production team pulled out all the stops for this episode. Good gravy! Prevuze, Mia having another baby? Spare us!!! Thanks for the great hump day update!!!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Out in the audience, an Ejami fan turns to another, "Uh... that went well... don't you think?"

Sounds like a rousing good time was had by all. lolol

Bulldog, you really caught Bo in full Snarly mode there. Loved it! And Chloe’s observation about Allie thinking any man or woman she bumps into are her parents was a hoot.

But we are definitely back in the good-ole-DAYS school of Oh-For-Pete’s-Sake-Give-Us-A-Freakin’-Break-Already scenes:

Kate/vial/Lucas – first of all, you wouldn’t be walking anywhere flashing a vial of poison you plan to use on someone. Even if you did, no one is going to walk up to you and the first thing out of their mouth be, “What have you got?” Finally, even if they did and you said it was a special vitamin supplement for yourself the person wouldn’t snatch it out of your hand and call you a liar. Come on!

Half-naked Dr. Dan/middle of the woods/Chloe – yeah, right, happens all the time when two individuals decide to take a walk. They'll run into each other in the woods. Or a dock. Or the same restaurant.

Max/full scholarship to med school/Chelsea – need I say more?

At least the Rafe/Sami/EJ scenes, improbable as they are, sound like good, clean, nasty, dirty fun.

Thanks, Prevuze. The snark is back!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Days do better. Do you really think EJ and sami will work. you guys are trying too hard. Yea bring more babies to make it work.At the end of the day everyone wants to see Bryan and sweeney together it makes the so flows better.Too many baby farthers, Days please make up your mind you will these kids farther, E.J are Lucas.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! IA good, clean, nasty, dirty fun. Great recap :) lol EJ and Sami really are a match made in.....


Sami: "You tried to kill people! You're Evil!! I didn't let you be a father!!!"

EJ: "You killed Grace! You belong in Hell!! You don't deserve to be a mother!!!"

A concerned Lucifer looks up from the eternal fires.....

Minion: "What is wrong Unholy One?"

Lucifer: "If those two don't have their sins accounted for they will end up on MY throne breeding an army of hellspawn. Get Jesus on the phone now!!!!"

7:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Max's career path--race car driver, inventer, garage owner and mechanic,bartender, bartender, doctor

Am I missing anything there?

Why would Kate offer sympathy to Daniel for Grace? What am I missing? Oh,it's what I'm not missing, brain cells.

Ejami-fight, have sex, have children, fight, fight, hide children, safe house, fight, fight, sex, fight, sex, fight, have more children. I'm tired

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Brendamouse - let's not forget Max is also a body disposal expert. (But only if there's a spare water heater around.)

Kate returns to the mansion. Is she living there? I thought she was only staying there during her treatments. Talk about a guest who doesn't know when to leave.

Two great new definitions for the Prevuze dictionary - ragefies and Neanderthalism HAHAHAHA

My favorite Prevuisms today: "I want to go to London, too." Chelsea asks "For how long?" Max says "However long you are going to be here in the US." and "You'll have to stand in the grieving father's line."

Excellent reporting today, Prev. Thanks for the laughs on an extremely gloomy day!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Max's career path--race car driver, inventer, garage owner and mechanic,bartender, bartender, doctor

Am I missing anything there?


If he goes with Chelsea it's more like

race car driver, inventor, garage owner and mechanic,bartender, bartender, doctor reject, bartender in London

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

body disposal, how could I forget?


Who is Kate trying to poison. Sami or Chloe? If she really wanted to hide that vial she should have used her lips. There's enough collagen in those puppies for all of us.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Talk about a guest who doesn't know when to leave.

Bulldog - She has morphed into Cato Kate.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes," says Chloe, "the fact that you're half-naked." She tells him about her problems with Lucas, "I know I've been keeping our affair from him, but I just found out he's keeping things from me, too. I don't think married couples should keep secrets and lie to each other. That should be left up to the wife."


This little nugget killed me. What married couple has been honest with each other on this soap? Who doesn't get married to someone while in love with someone else or while humping someone else.


This whole show is like a circular arguement. No body learns anything, no body moves on. My brain is going to catch on fire if I try to make sense of it.

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Victoria said...

Sami has become Marlena. "You are so bad and evil I am not even though I have done so many bad and evil things..."I used to be an EJAMI fan but not anymore. I say stay with Nicole, at least she may be bad but at least she knows it.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

whether or not the storyline sucks, it was nice to see some drag out, no holds-barred emotion from somebody on the show. I am glad that the actors are really getting to act. BRAVO! just watching the little clip on Prevuze II got my heart racing.... can't wait to see it all tomorrow!

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Berg said...

At the end of the day everyone wants to see Bryan and sweeney toge HUH? That small minority went and tried to become Safe fans only to notice the chemistry once again was about as exciting as watching paint dry. That ship has done sailed (hopefully Shawn D is helming) and thank the gods it has. Now if only the same thing can happen to Safe.

It's obvious to me what the writers are attempting to do (and imagine this in really slow motion) they are breaking EJ down to HATE Sami just like she use to HATE him so we go back to zero. Those writers, so clever...okay maybe not but you get my drift.

Actually this sounds really good, great emotion. Great acting and I can't wait to see how this all unwinds for Nicole (picture Berg in her room hands together "Excellent"). Nicole is going to pay dearly. Because she so betrayed EJ - yikes!

I don't even know what is going on with the rest of the show, no idea, not an inkling and I don't care.

Love the soapy drama unfold.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't even know what is going on with the rest of the show, no idea, not an inkling and I don't care.

Berg you are SO right...sigh Ejami make the whole experience of watching DOOL worth it. Alison and James are amazing in these scenes, and personally I think Ej should get to be the one who wants nothing to do with Sami for once - yeah, so he loves her... she has to make it worth it.

OMG imagine, after Nicole is pulled apart and run off by a rabid Ejami -the Ejami family coming back together w/ Sydney in her rightful place with her ACTUAL mother will be perfection :)

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree what went well, it would be unnatural for them both to sit calm and discuss this. I am so tired of both Chloe and Rafe. Now I am sure that Rafe is too good to be true, one of these days something will come out about him.

4:46 AM  
Blogger Polly said...

Rafe will stay on the show, if only for the sake of his neanderthally studliness, but not as a permanent fixture of miss brady-roberts-dimera.

They're setting up for a trifecta of nicole/sami/ej again when ej finds nicole out and has to decide which lying witch he wants more.

Or they'll do a chloe/lucas/sami/rafe love quandrangle.

I think they should pair rafe with stephanie, so they can breed neanderbarbies for all the days of our lives :P.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs