Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dead Serious

Daniel and Chloe stand in the Garden of Eden-esque setting. Chloe says, "I love Lucas. But I love you more."

Lucas grills Kate about her killer liquid vitamins. Kate evades, invites him to dinner and insists she isn't lying. Lucas doesn't let her get off track. He grabs the vial from her and asks what she is hiding. Kate flashes back to the exchange with Dr. Chippendale.

Stefano holds Sydney and tells her it won't be with her like it was with Anthony. He'll find some other way to ruin her life.

EJ has settled down... he's almost a bit too calm. He talks in measured tones as Sami defends her actions with Grace. EJ insists he wouldn't have hidden Grace's existence because he was ashamed of her, like Sami did, "You abandoned your daughter!"

SLAP!

Sami explodes and moves in on him hitting, slapping, pounding and ranting. Rafe pulls them apart, but only after giving Sami time to get in a few good punches. EJ tells Rafe he was an accomplice. He wanders and steams.

Kate grabs the vial back and says it's not vitamins, "It's a mild medicine for a slight... uh... problem. It's a little embarrassing. You know... women's problems."

Lucas looks that up in the Guy Manual...

"END THIS CONVERSATION NOW. DO NOT... REPEAT, DO NOT ASK FOR DETAILS."

Terrified Lucas immediately changes the subject. They talk about Grace. Lucas wonders how something like that can happen.

Daniel reminds Chloe she begged him to leave her alone. He says it's too late for them, "I will stick by my promise so help me God."

God chimes in, "Leave me out of this."

Nicole tells Stefano it means a lot to have him on her side. Stefano says he's not keeping the secret for her benefit. Nicole wonders what if EJ goes to prison after what he's done to avenge Tony's death.

Rafe steps in and tells EJ he won't let him talk to Sami like that. EJ says he is the one person who would have done anything to protect Grace. He asks Sami if he hasn't been a good father to Johnny, "He was my responsibility while you were gone and SOMEHOW HE DIDN'T DIE!" EJ accuses her of keeping his daughter from him to punish him.

Adam and Ev... uh, I mean Chloe and Daniel talk about moving on. Daniel wonders how he can do that when she is all he thinks and dreams about, "When my wife Rebbecca died I never believed I would love again. And then there you are. I don't regret loving you. I'm pushing you away because I love you so damn much."

Lucas tells Kate he had a fight with Chloe, "It was about Sami. I kept a secret about Grace and when Chloe found out she was furious."

Kate asks, "What kind of a secret... OMG!" Kate does the math, "Sami goes away for nine months and then comes back and adopts a baby. I knew that story made no sense. Is this why you are grieving so much? Grace was yours and Sami's wasn't she?"

Rafe comforts Sami. He tells EJ he let him vent but he will not let him savage the baby's mother, "She didn't want her daughter raised by a murderer. You put a hit out on Phillip Kiriakis. You wanna hit me again, go ahead. It won't bring Grace back."

"No," says EJ, "But it will certainly make me feel better."

"There is nothing anyone could have done," says Rafe.

"We could have hired better writers," says EJ, "But I could have told her goodbye... I could have held her hand... I could have (say it with him) been there for her."

Daniel reminds Chloe of his oath to do no harm, "When I lose a patient I ask myself if I did everything I could have done. You never know. A few months ago when Lucas almost drank himself to death... If that happened again I don't think you could take it. You're going to make... it work... with Lucas." Chloe whimpers.

Lucas tells Kate Grace was not his baby. Kate asks who the father is. Sharpie Kate does more math, "Is it EJ?" Lucas tells her yes. He asks her to keep her mouth shut. Kate tees off about Sami. Lucas asks her to lay off the rants for just a day. "So, Chloe is the lesser of two evils, isn't she? I want to make things right with Chloe."

Lucas asks, "Are you serious?"

"Dead serious."

Stefano says Owen will not rat out EJ, "Trust me."

The doorbell rings. Nicole answers. And finds Victor. The door is barely open before Victor revs up the quip machine, "Well, Nicole. Have you been demoted? Are you now the downstairs maid?" Stefano joins the festivities. Victor says he is there to offer an olive branch. Victor turns back to Nicole and admires Sydney, "What a beautiful little girl. It'd be a shame to see her caught in a war between families."

Nicole asks, "Are you threatening my daughter?"

Prevuze

Things have quieted down at the mortuary. Sami says her heart is broken too and she would do anything for things to be different. Rafe suggests they honor Grace's memory by attempting to understand each other.

Rodney King sticks his head in, "That's what I always say... can't we all just get along?"

Daniel and Chloe talk about ending things. I think, however, that one of the fundamental laws of the universe Einstein discovered is that you can't end things if the conversation you're having is endless. Daniel tells her to go back to Lucas and Allie and devote herself to them, "If you can't do it for Lucas, do it for me." He walks off.

Stefano and Victor talk about how to achieve peace. Victor says he will be back with an offer. He leaves. Stefano stares. Nicole asks if he thinks Victor meant that.

The mortician comes in with the "infant interment package." Rafe asks for more time. Morty leaves. Sami asks if EJ wants a say in the arrangements. EJ thinks it's too late for that. EJ sneers, "You killed her... you bury her." Sami and Rafe leave. EJ broods.

Chloe arrives at the Kiriakis mansion. Lucas asks her how she knew he was there. Silence. Lucas apologies and begs forgiveness. Magnanimous Chloe accepts his testicular sacrifice and forgives him. Hugs.

Kate arrives at the hospital and finds Will. She asks what he is doing there. "I had a half day at school," says Will, "It was grueling. You can't imagine how excruciating it is to have to sit in that hell-hole and concentrate for an entire half day. When school let out, I just couldn't go home, so I did what any normal teenager would do and I came here to hang out and maybe get wild and crazy and clean a few bedpans."

Kate understands, "I am so sorry about your sister. You were really attached to her weren't you?" Will whines and tells Kate he was jealous when Sami first adopted Grace and there are things he wishes he could take back now. Grammy tries to comfort him. Will blubbers.

Sami and Rafe come back to her place. Rafe comforts, "Telling EJ the truth was the right thing to do, just like not telling him the truth was the right thing to do."

We're going to pause for a few moments here while you try to wrap your brain around that one.

"EJ can't hurt Grace now," says Rafe, "And he's not gonna hurt you, either."

Morty comes back in and finds catatonic EJ siting and staring. "I have a strange request," drones EJ, "It's terribly important."

Lucas says, "The cliché is true... Secrets have a way of coming out." He vows no more secrets. They agree to make a fresh start. Chloe stares as they hug.

Kate sees Daniel as he walks through the hall. She asks him if he will host the medical segment of her show. Daniel turns her down and leaves. Kate mumbles to herself, "I've got to do it. God know I'm gonna find a way."

Sami sits at her desk. Rafe comes up and she tells him she's writing the memorial pamphlet for Grace's funeral. Rafe is amazed, "I had no idea anyone associated with this show could write."

Sami reads it to him, "Grace Raphaela Brady received her angel wings on June 8, 2009. Her final days were spent with family and friends. She enjoyed music and bath time and loved being outdoors. Her favorite story was Goodnight Moon. She loved to laugh and play with her brothers and sisters. The joy she gave us was immeasurable and she will remain in our harts for all the Days Of Our Lives. Our amazing Grace."

Sami breaks down as he shows Rafe the dress Grace will be buried in. Rafe asks when she will drop the bomb on Will. Sami says she will have to tell him soon. On cue, Will walks in. Sami says she has to talk to him about something. Rafe the coward can't get out of the room quick enough.

Sami says, "I have to tell you something and I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. It's about Grace. Grace was my baby. I gave birth to her."

Will gives a confused look, "And then you adopted her?"

Nicole assures Sydney their secret is safe with Stefano. She babbles. So does Sydney.

Morty and EJ walk into the morgue. Morty opens the Stephanie Johnson memorial drawer and rolls the tray out. He leaves as EJ hyperventilates. EJ walks over and talks to the covered, lifeless body, "Hello, Grace, it's me... Your father. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I wish I could have known you and held your hand. I wish you could have known your beautiful sister Sydney." He lifts the cover, shivers, recovers and says, "Be in peace. You'll be in my heart always." He breaks down. His plaintive wailing bounces off the tile walls and echoes around the room.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

okay I am borrowing a line from Nicole. Damn that Sami Brady!

Anyone want to push Rafe into a Steponme memorial morgue drawer? I know I do.....

Happy Thursday one day closer to TGIF!

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Nicole tells Stefano it means a lot to have him on her side.

That just goes to show you how delusional Nicole is. With friends like Stefano, who needs enemies?

Adam and Ev... uh, I mean Chloe and Daniel talk about moving on.

With the serpent, Kate, lurking about, that analogy works well.

"There is nothing anyone could have done," says Rafe.

Perhaps, bringing in an actual pediatrician might have been a better option than Dr. Exactly What Is His Specialty.

Daniel and Chloe talk about ending things. I think, however, that one of the fundamental laws of the universe Einstein discovered is that you can't end things if the conversation you're having is endless.

Prevuze, you are oh so correct. Chloe and Daniel continually have the same conversation, and all the writers do is the rearrange words. To break things up and create more interest for the distaff portion of the audience, the gals are treated to a shirt free Dr. Gropper. It only seems fair because the guys always get a boobilicious Chloe. Can’t anyone find that woman a dress she isn’t spilling out of? By the way Prevuze, that cleavage photo is hysterical!

"Telling EJ the truth was the right thing to do, just like not telling him the truth was the right thing to do."

We're going to pause for a few moments here while you try to wrap your brain around that one.

...and to think that Rafe is the smart one in this dynamic duo. Good grief!! Well at least we can count on Prevuze to acknowledge that the viewers actually have brains. With the way this soap is written, the DOOL scribes must assume the drivel is being broadcast to a brain cell challenged audience.

Great censored link Prevuze, and Bulldog thanks for letting us know that even Victor is cursing that pesky little sperm. Once again Prevuze has brightened up another dreary rainy morning.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Saggy Baskets said...

Hasn't Nicole ever heard "keep your friends close but your enemies closer?" Nicole is so screwed!

Your censored link was great but would have been more effective if it had been Nick.

Someone is absolutely correct. How stupid is Sami if Rafe is the brilliant one of this duo?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I don't regret loving you. I'm pushing you away because I love you so damn much."

And the Emmy for unbelievably hackneyed dialogue goes to…

Rodney King sticks his head in, "That's what I always say... can't we all just get along?"

There’s Prevuze for you. Taking an inane scene and making a socially relevant statement out of it. I just wanna say….CUT IT OUT! We now return to the snark.

Daniel tells her to go back to Lucas and Allie and devote herself to them, "If you can't do it for Lucas, do it for me."

HUH?! Look, DOOL, you already got one Emmy for hackneyed dialogue. You can stop now. Please.

The naughty shot of Chloe *snicker*
Years before Stefano disowns Sydney *laugh*
The Snarly sperm lament *LMAO*

Thank you, everyone, for this great Thursday Prevuze.

(testicular sacrifice *hehehehehe*)

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

A censored link! I knew it was going to be a great Prevuze.

"Lucas looks that up in the Guy Manual... 'END THIS CONVERSATION NOW. DO NOT...REPEAT, DO NOT ASK FOR DETAILS." LOL over that one. That usually works with male bosses, too. HAHAHAHA

"You can't end things if the conversation you're having is endless." Prevuze - best science blog on the internet!

And finally, the line that wasn't in italics but I somehow suspect it was supposed to be: "Rafe is amazed, "I had no idea anyone associated with this show could write."

Thank goodness Prevuze can write. The laughs from it and all the faithful commenters will get us thru until Friday. Thanks! :D

7:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Well at least we can count on Prevuze to acknowledge that the viewers actually have brains.

Having a brain is a prerequisite for reading Prevuze. Not so much for writing it, though.

Prevuze - Best self-depricating humor blog on the Internet®

Dr. Exactly What Is His Specialty.

It took some doing, but I think we have finally determined he is a CENSORED.

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to disagree with Rafe being the keeper of the brain in the Safe duo. He says "now EJ can't hurt Grace." Huh!?! She died while in your care! And these two wonder why EJ is pissed.

8:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^ Exactly.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Lucas keeps trying to make it work with Chloe. That puts him out of the picture and we can get some EJ and Sami goodness when EJ dumps Nichole for the baby switch and Rafe's terrible past comes out.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

When Rafe said "now EJ can't hurt Grace" he meant that EJ can't screw up her future anylonger. It wasn't Rafe who killed Grace, it was bacterial meningitis, and the child was in his mother's care. No one was at fault, except maybe for Mia and Nicole who didn't give her good prenatal care. Even Dr. Chloepuncturist couldn't have hurt the baby's chances of survival at that point. I know some of you aren't watching the show, but let's get the facts straight. I'm starting to wonder if "having a brain is a prerequisite for reading Prevuze"...lol! Good one Prevuze!

I was also wondering at the un-italicized statement Rafe was possibly thinking "I had no idea anyone associated with this show could write." ...Neither did we!!! We have daily proof they can't!

I'd like to think that Nicole is screwed, but I highly doubt it. With EJ being the brilliant one of that due, things are bound to go down south faster than the speed of light. If EJ couldn't figure out that his wife was wearing a rubber baby bump during her pregnancy, what's the chances of him "thinking" from now on...I wouldn't hold my breath. On this show Rafe wins the thinking cap award over EJ anyday!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh that is such BS! Lucas will stop trying to make it work with Cloe when he finds out about her affair and kick her to the curb. Everyone knows Lumi will wind up together they are the supercouple.And I hope you notice everyone assumes Grace is Lucas baby when they first hear about it, not the guy who had to rape her to get some.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^ Oh God. Shut up.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Censored link #2: Brilliant! Prevuze, you continue to be my hero.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

I see there are a few delusional fans left. Lumi? @$#&R%&! Come on as if Safe isn't torture enough!

On another note: What is up with Chloe's hair? Yesterday it looked plastered to her head.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs