Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Despair

Phillip and Belle are getting ready for the funeral. Belle makes over Claire. Phillip adjusts his tie and says, "It has to help Bo and Hope to know Zack is the reason Claire is alive today."

Belle vows, "And we'll tell her all about Zack. We'll never forget."

Zack was an amazing little kid," says Phillip.

Mimi is fixing breakfast. Outside, the fire department stands ready to go into action.

She gives Bonnie the tray.

Bonnie stares down at it and asks, "What is this?"

"A healthy breakfast," says Mimi.

Bonnie don't want no stinkin' healthy breakfast. She hides her bandy as Mimi tries to force feed her. Bonnie says, "If you want to keep my heart beating you will marry Shawn soon and never let him find out Claire is his daughter."

Shawn storms out half naked, "This isn't happening."

The little snot opens the door. Kate is there. The brat whines about having to go to jail. Kate doesn't want her to even think about that. "Why aren't you dressed," asks Kate.

"I am," says the brat.

"You can't go to the funeral that way," says Kate.

"I'm not going," says the brat.

"Yes you are," says Kate, "or you can kiss your freedom and future goodbye."

Jennifer and Frankie are having breakfast. They talk about Bo and Hope. Doorbell. Bo. He's worried about Hope. She didn't call last night. He wants to work things out before the funeral. He'll be lucky to work things out before his funeral.

"You can't," says Jennifer.

Hope staggers into the church.

"You don't have to do this," says Doug.

"Yes I do."

Julie wants to go with her. Hope wants to be alone with him. She works up the courage and goes in.

"Oh, God, Doug," cries Julie.

Hope sees the casket and cries. She walks toward it, touches it, more tears. She lifts the lid and breaks down.

Bo tells Jennifer he wants to see Hope if she is there. Jennifer tells him Hope is at the church. Jennifer says, "We convinced Hope to go see you yesterday."

"I didn't see her," says Bo.

"She came back in tears," says Jennifer, "The way she was talking, it seems like she doesn't ever want to see you again."

Hope cries and tells Zack she misses him. Doug comforts her. Hope is beside herself. She puts his blankey and teddy in with him. She kisses a rosary and puts it in his hand. Doug and Julie hug and cry. Doug tries to get Hope to leave. Hope won't go. She fixes his hair, and then breaks down sobbing.

The brat says she isn't going to the funeral, "They would have to replace that stained glass window again because Hope would throw me out of it."

Kate says she needs to show everyone she is mourning Zack. The little snot says, "I don't think that is a good idea."

Billie walks in, "Neither do I. This is a new low, Mom, even for you." I hear there is a new DOOL drinking game. Everyone has to toss back a shot every time Kate hits a new low. You get loaded pretty fast playing this one.

"Shawn loved his brother so much," says Belle.

"He doesn't have to go through this alone," says Phillip, "He has Mimi, remember. He will be OK. We will all be OK."

Shawn was practicing the eulogy in the shower. He can't make it through it. Mimi says she will be there for him. Bonnie watches and smiles. He goes in to change and Bonnie sneaks some booze.

Mimi comes back and Bonnie toasts her pending nuptials.

"I know that Shawn is the father of Belle's baby," says Mimi.

Bonnie says, "If you spill the beans about that, you will lose Shawn. And you will lose me, too. My heart can't take it. Lexie said I could go just like that." At the moment, Mimi thinks that would be just fine.

Frankie tells Bo to go get ready for the funeral. Bo leaves.

Frankie and Jennifer can't imagine Bo without Hope. It's the kind of love Jack and Jennifer had. Frankie needs cuff links. Jennifer says he can borrow Jack's, "I have to go find them. Just like Jack... they would be in the last place you would expect." Flashback to Jack finding them in his hat. She gives them to Frankie. They have a "J" and a rose on them.

"I gave them to him for our anniversary," says Jennifer. Flashback to Jack opening them. "Everyone will think the J is for Jack," says Jennifer.

But," says Jack, "We know it really stands for Jennifer."

Frankie says, "I can't wear these. It wouldn't be right."

Frankie leaves and Jack appears. "Tell him it's fine," says Jack, "I want him to wear them." Jennifer goes in and tells Frankie Jack wants him to wear them. Frankie stares.

Billie wants to speak to Kate alone. Kate encourages the brat to just try something on and maybe she will change her mind.

Billie says Kate thinks if Chelsea goes to the funeral it will drive a wedge between Bo and Hope and Billie and Bo can get back together. They argue. Kate tells Billie she needs to be at the funeral, too, then leaves.

Bonnie tells Mimi she could be on borrowed time if Mimi and Shawn don't get married. Mimi goes to get ready. Bonnie guzzles her booze. Kate comes to the door with honeymoon brochures. She asks what Bonnie is doing there. "Trying to put things back together," says Bonnie. She tells Kate Mimi found out about Shawn being Claire's father.

Kate ain't happy, "If Mimi tells Shawn the truth there won't be a wedding."

More despair in the church. Hope tells Maggie she went to talk to Bo yesterday, "But he made it clear he cares more about Chelsea and Billie than me and Zack. Zack is dead. How am I supposed to forgive Bo?"

Bo comes in. He slowly walks up to Hope. She jerks as he touches her. "Fancy Face," he says, "I am sorry."

"Get away from me," snaps Hope, "Get away from Zack."

Hope doesn't want anything to do with Bo, "Just leave us alone. Why don't you go comfort Billie and Chelsea?"

"Zack was our son," says Bo, "We should be together."

"Leave me alone with MY son," yells Hope.

Caroline and OMB come in. Bo goes over to Caroline, "She won't let me help, Ma."

Caroline suppresses the urge to slap him upside the head and says, "Just give her time."

Victor stands outside. Kate comes up, "I don't even know what to say."

Victor says, "When Isabella died, I thought there could never be anything worse, but Zack never got a chance to grow up. And to think our granddaughter was responsible."

"It was an accident," says Kate, "We need to be there for her."

Victor says, "Then there is my great granddaughter Claire..."

"No," says Kate, "She is your granddaughter."

Victor says, "No, and it's only a matter of time until they find out."

Victor walks away. Kate says, "No, that is not going to happen.

Jack appears to Jennifer again. He really wants her to be with Frankie, "Give him a chance. He is a good man. I know you can love him. Build a life with him. For yourself, the kids, even for me. You deserve to be loved. Always."

Frankie comes up and asks if she is OK.

"Yeah," says Jennifer, "You look very handsome. She helps him on with his coat... including the mandatory helping-you-on-with-your-coat kiss.

Finally, they break it up. Frankie apologizes. Jennifer says Jack would be glad they are getting closer. Frankie says he can't take Jack's place. But, all together now, "I will always be there for you."

The crowd has arrived. Alice comforts Bo. The priest asks for a word with Bo as Hope prays at the coffin.

Shawn, Mimi, Phillip and Belle come in. Shawn says he will be OK giving the eulogy.

Bo asks Hope to come and sit down. Hope says, "I told you I don't want to see you. And I don't want to sit next to you."

Julie takes Bo aside, "Just let her be for now."

Bo says, "I didn't tell her because I didn't think she could handle the truth. If that was wrong it was only out of love. I just want to protect her."

The service begins. Father Jansen says, "The Bible speaks of people who have been visited by angels. Zack was like one of them. He brought love and changed lives and his stay was all-too-brief. He leaves a legacy of love. His death brought the miracle of life to Claire. God has rewarded him by bringing him home."

Shawn Sr. Comes up to sing a tribute... Oh, Danny Boy. He breaks down and can't continue. Doug picks it up, and then the crowd joins in. Pan in on Zack's picture.

Billie tells the little snot to trust her, "Kate's advice sometimes comes with an ulterior motive." You don't say. "Whatever you do, do not go anywhere near Zack's funeral." If that wasn't an invitation to the funeral, I'll eat my hat.

Billie leaves and Chelsea contemplates her black dress.

Shawn steps up to the podium, "Zack wanted to be a pitcher. I suppose he saw his older brother was a pitcher for the high school baseball team and he wanted me to teach him. He had an amazing arm for a little kid. But he couldn't have thrown a curve ball, because he was a straight shooter." Yes, folks, he really said that. "His parents taught him never to lie." He turns to the casket, "I was your big brother and you taught me so much."

Shawn flashes back to the dream he had with Belle. He looks at Belle, then Mimi. "I will live up to your example. I hope we all do, because that is the greatest way we can all live up to his memory. He taught me what love means and, Zack, I will always love you."

"I can't keep the truth from him any more," thinks Mimi.

Kate watches as Phillip puts his arm around Belle.

Shawn sits down. Mimi tells him, "That was beautiful. There is something I have to tell you. Not here. Later, OK?" Kate watches.

Frankie gives Jennifer a handkerchief. She doesn't know how Hope will get through this.

Bo leans forward and talks to Hope who is sitting in the pew in front of him, "Shawn was right. Zack taught us a lot about love. And we taught him. He would want us to love each other and forgive. I will love you and be here for you all the Days Of Our Lives.

Chelsea walks in. The crowd rumbles.

Hope stands up and confronts her, "How dare you!" SLAP. FF on Hope.


Previews
========

Abe tells John, "I've got some advice for you... A way to beat Alex North at his own game."

Marlena tells Alex, "I know what you are up to. And you're not getting away with it."

Shawn tells Chelsea, "You killed my brother." The brat whines, "I'm sorry." Shawn says, "Get out before I throw you out."

We see pictures of Billie and Patrick flash by. Hope says, "He has every right to be here. I trust him a lot more than I trust you."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those subversive DOOL writers are in for it now....Joe McCarthy is on their case!! HAHAHA

LOL at the drinking game whenever Kate hits a new low.

The whole maudlin funeral sounds like a good opportunity to zap.

6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs