Friday, February 03, 2006

That Big Old Singles Bar In The Sky

As Bonnie watches, Mimi says Shawn needs to know the truth. Bonnie screams. Shawn and Mimi rush in. Lexie tells them to leave. Bonnie gasps, "If I'm going to go, I want my baby girl right here, where I can keep an eye on her."

Caroline asks, "You wish Shawn was Claire's father?"

"I know it's wrong," says Belle, "We spent our whole lives planning our future. Now I can't just stop wishing we were together."

"But you're married to Phillip and have a baby," says Caroline.

"Details, details," says Belle, "I know that but I still love Shawn."

The tiresome foursome stands outside Sami's apartment. Carrie tells Austin she is very angry. He asks if she will just listen to him for a minute. They go inside.

Outside, Lucas tells Sami Austin is about to make her an offer she can't refuse. They need to work together.

"I'm gonna put on a shirt," says Austin.

"I've seen you wearing a lot less," says Carrie, "It won't affect my decision."

The brat claims it was an accident. She says Bo gave her permission to drive.

"No," says Hope, "It's not true. He never would have done that." Bo tries to get Hope to back off. Hope tells him, "Call her the liar she is!" Bo squirms as his noose tightens.

Austin says, "I've come up with a way to give you back your company."

"What company," asks Lucas, "You dismantled it."

"The Highstyle product line exists," says Austin, "It's a division of Austin Reed & Company. I want you to run that division."

"You've got my attention," says Carrie.

"You take care of managing the product line and let Nicole and me take care of the distribution and it's a win-win. If you agree to this you haven't lost anything. We'll be partners."

"Business partners."

"Maybe more," says Austin.

Sami prods Lucas to go into action. Lucas butts in with a pitch to Carrie. Austin tells him to butt back out. Lucas says he won't let Austin hurt Carrie again.

Hope questions. Bo babbles. Hope turns to the little snot and chews her out for stealing Bo's SUV. Then she goes back to work on Bo, "She is a pathological liar, just like her mother!"

"Listen to me," says Bo, "There's something you have to understand. For starters, you married an idiot."

Caroline says, "Feelings for your first great love never go away. Part of me loves Victor and part of you will always love Shawn. A good trick I have learned is to remember the bad as well as the good, and focus on the life you have."

Belle says, "So the trick is to remember the bad times as well as the good life I now have. Nope. That won't work for me. My mind can't handle more than one thing at a time. Besides, what about the life I could have?

"Thinking of that is a way to make yourself crazy," says Caroline, "Of course, in your case it would just make you more crazy."

Belle goes through the scrapbook, "It's hard to look at the dreams and realize none of them came true."

"I don't know if that is true," says Caroline. Belle keeps it up. Caroline takes the book from her.

Belle says, "I thought I would forget Shawn after the baby. Maybe it's because I gave her the name Shawn and I wanted, but when I look at Claire, I love Shawn more."

Caroline asks, "Are you saying you don't love Phillip?"

"No," says Belle, "That's why I'm in this mess. It's just when I look at Claire I think of Shawn."

"There is a simple explanation," says Caroline, "I'm surprised you didn't think of it."

Lexie says Mimi can stay. Bonnie's BP goes back to normal. Lexie leaves to put a rush on the lab tests. Shawn leaves with Lexie to ask her a question.

Mimi tells Bonnie she thought this was just her act to stop her from telling Shawn he was Claire's father.

Shawn walks up as Mimi says this, "What did you say?"

Austin tells Carrie he didn't want to hurt her. Lucas stokes the fire, "What, by stealing other people's ideas?"

"What's done is done," says Austin, "I'm trying to make up for it. I need someone like you for this position."

Lucas announces, "She's going to work for me at Titan."

Austin asks, "Is this a done deal?"

"We haven't signed anything yet," says Carrie.

"Then, you're a free agent," says Austin.

"Yeah," says Lucas, "You would see it that way, the way you do business.

Austin tries to convince her. Carrie considers it as Sami pulls Lucas aside and tells him, "Austin is winning. You have to do something."

Hope doesn't understand. Bo wants to go talk privately. Patrick tells Hope that's what they should do. Hope won't cooperate. Bo blurts out, "The little snot isn't lying."

"What," asks Hope, "My God! NO! No, Bo, please tell me you didn't give her the car and approve the license."

Bo flashes back to his moment of idiocy, "I'm sorry Fancy Face."

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Bonnie insists she is OK. Mimi freaks. Bonnie claims, "I just got a little too excited about one of the orderlies I saw."

Shawn says, "You were saying something about the father of Belle's baby..."

"Phillip," asks Bonnie, "Mimi was saying I was acting like a big baby. I am the world's worst patient. I milk it for everything I've got when I'm sick."

Shawn asks if there is anything they can do. "Well," says Bonnie, "Connor had a sleepover at Jake Cline's last night and I was wondering if you could call and ask them if he could stay until I recuperate from my... cardiac event."

"Connor," says Mimi, "Is he still around? Uh, sure. I'll make the call."

Shawn goes with her. He asks what she had to tell him. Mimi stares.

Caroline says, "Little Claire looks like Shawn did when he was a baby. Maybe that's what triggered the feelings. It might make it easier for you when Shawn marries Mimi.

"Why," asks Belle, "Because he won't be available? It's like my relationship with him never had a real ending. Jan kidnapped him and by the time I figured things out, I was married."

Caroline asks Belle, "Are you saying marrying Phillip was a mistake?" Yeah... for Phillip.

Lucas asks about the Highstyle employees. Austin says, "It's not possible to hire them back." He hesitates, "Maybe... If we rethink the budget..."

Sami jumps in, "Remember, you said it would be too expensive."

"Yeah," says Austin, "You're right. Maybe in six months or a year..."

"Oh, that's great," says Lucas, "Maybe they will all be employed by then. Or else, thanks to you, they will have a very hard road back." He turns to Carrie, "I will hire as many of your former employees as you want." Sami likes that. Carrie would be in LA to manage them. Lucas says, "No, she would be managing things from Salem."

Austin asks, "Does Victor know about this? Is he gonna let you just throw his money around like that?"

Sami doesn't let him answer, "They have made their pitches. Which one are you going to choose?"

Bo babbles. Hope cries. Billie chimes in and says she begged Bo not to tell the truth. This doesn't help at all. Bo says he thought he was doing the right thing.

"This just isn't possible," says Hope, "You are my husband... Zack's father. How could you keep the truth from me? Patrick, you're the only one who's been honest with me. They are lying, right?" She turns to Bo, "Wait. I know. You're trying to take some of the blame to cover for Chelsea. That's it, isn't it?"

Belle remembers her wedding. They light candles. They say their vows, "Phillip," says Belle, "I want to spend all the Days Of Our Lives together.

"If we weren't married we wouldn't have Claire," says Belle, "I think I married him for the wrong reasons, but you can't go back and undo the misunderstandings."

"And the vows you took are sacred," says Caroline, "That's why, although I was deeply in love with Victor, I chose to give him up and stay married to OMB."

"Do you ever wonder how it would have been," asks Belle.

"Sometimes," says Caroline, "But I never regret my choice. It's hard to accept that you and Shawn will never be a couple but, as time passes, it will be easier. Anytime you need to talk about this don't hesitate to call me. You can't very well talk to Shawn or Phillip about it.

"Actually," says Belle, "I have talked to Shawn about it. We've decided we can't be together."

"We women tend to carry more of our share of life's burdens," says Caroline.

"So much for the weaker sex," says Belle.

"That's a myth men made up," says Caroline, "They don't have a clue what we do to keep our marriages and families together."

Bonnie says, "The truth is... Mimi has decided she is a terrible person because she accused me of faking my heart attack."

"You already told me about that," says Shawn, "It was something else."

Curses! Bonnie clutches her heart. Mimi tells Shawn she really did accuse her. Bonnie forgives Mimi. She vows her days of faking things like that are over, "I really thought I was gonna die. I've never been afraid of anything until now. I am truly, honestly afraid."

Mimi assures her, "You're gonna be OK."

Bonnie says, "Lexie thinks I am in a fragile state. You have to promise you won't do anything to upset me." Both Shawn and Mimi promise.

Belle hugs Caroline. She has made her decision to stay with Phillip. She's at peace with it. Caroline says she is doing the right thing.

Lexie says Bonnie's tests are inconclusive. Bonnie is concerned. Lexie says she will let her know when there is something to worry about. She decides to transfer Bonnie to a room so she can run more tests. She takes Mimi aside, "I am counting on you to keep her calm." Lexie leaves.

Shawn asks Bonnie if there is anything he and Mimi can do. Bonnie stammers around, "There is one thing that would give me a reason to live. I want to go to that big old singles bar in the sky at peace. I want my Mimi married. Will you grant a possibly dying woman's last wish and marry Mimi while I am still here to see it?" Shawn and Mimi turn to each other, shake their heads and smile.

Austin tells Carrie they would be a terrific team. "Lucas is right," she says, "It's too little too late. Lucas understands how important my family of employees is to me. I'm taking the job at Titan so my employees can get their jobs back, and Lucas can lose his when Victor finds out he's hired half of LA."

"You are making a mistake," says Austin.

Lucas fans the flames, "No, you made the mistake when you didn't bother to find out the CEO of Highstyle was."

Carrie says, "You are just another heartless corporate shark. You haven't said or done anything here today to make me believe otherwise."

Carrie and Lucas leave.

Out in the hall, Carrie says, "The Austin I used to know would understand I care about my employees as much as myself."

"You're right," says St. Lucas, "He is selfish and greedy. If I ever act like that, make sure you call me on it."

"It's a deal," says Carrie.

"You're going to get tired of hearing me say this," says Lucas, "but there is nothing I wouldn't do for you." I don't know about Carrie, but I've about had it.

Sami tells Austin Lucas was determined to turn Carrie against him, "He's declared war on you. He wants to destroy your company."

"Let him try. I'll bury him," says macho boy.

"We have to attack him before they attack us," says Sami, "That includes Carrie. He's given you no other choice."

Bo confesses to his cardinal sin. Hope screams, "You lied to me! You knew Chelsea killed my baby. You knew you gave her the car and let me think Billie was responsible." Bo tries to reach out to her. "Don't you dare touch me! I've gotta get out of here. I don't want you anywhere near me, Brady." She walks off as Bo calls for her.

As Hope rides into the sunset, Bo says, "My God, what have I done?"

FF on the idiot.


Previews
========

Lexie says, "Oh, and you think you're that man?" Tek says, "Yeah, I do."

Mimi asks, "What if my mom really is dying?"

Patrick tells Jennifer, "He may lose both of his children." Hope walks in and says, "If that happens, he has no one to blame but himself... How could I ever forgive him?"

The brat says, "Maybe this is it." Bo says, "They're going to file official charges against you for Zack's death." Bo, Billie and the brat have a group hug.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tiresome foursome hee-hee. why do we have to have this sl - weve been through this before

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to start a Friday - Belle's empty head; boredomania and Bo/Mortimer Snerd separated at birth. HAHAHA

Poor Connor. We haven't seen that kid since the Lockharts were living in the cardboard box!

And puh-leeze - like all those Highstyle employees are going to want to pack up their families and move to Salem for some job that probably pays little more than minimum wage??? Get real!!

Oh, sorry. What am I saying? This is DAZED.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs