Thursday, February 02, 2006

Serious As A Heart Attack

Happy Groundhog day. Groundhog day... wasn't that the movie where things happened over and over and over and nothing ever changed? Hmmm...

Lucas and Carrie shake. "Welcome to Titan," says the tycoon, "We're going to be great together. We're going to go after Austin and Sami and Nicole – those two leeches."

"Maybe you shouldn't be so hard on Sami," says Carrie, "We've had some good talks lately."

Lucas says, "Well, you know what? I haven't. And if it's all the same to you, I want to concentrate on the destruction of Austin and his company and make him pay for taking Highstyle from you." Carrie stares.

Sami says, "We can beat ourselves up until we're black and blue but we can't change anything. Carrie will never forgive you."

"I won't know unless I try," says Austin.

"But you have tried," says Sami, "Carrie loved her company and her employees. She disagrees with us that business has to be ruthless."

"I think you're wrong," says Austin, "I just figured out a way for her to forgive me."

Shawn agrees all babies look alike. Mimi stares as he rambles. She turns and goes off to think. Bonnie follows. Mimi tells her she doesn't want to live a relationship based on a lie.

Bonnie says, "I had plenty of relationships based on lies."

"And how long did they last," asks Mimi.

"If the truth has to come out, wait until you're married," says Bonnie.

"Why," asks Mimi, "So I can get alimony? I'm not gonna ruin Shawn's life. I made a mistake with Rex and I am never doing that again."

Bo and Patrick argue. Patrick figures out Bo already knew the brat did it. Bo was trying to protect Hope and the little snot. He tells Patrick about signing the license and loaning her his car.

"When Hope finds out," says Patrick, "this will kill her."

The little snot frets. She remembers Max telling her he won't let her run away. She needs to do the right thing. Billie hugs her. Tears, tears, tears.

Hope comes up to them. "MURDRER," she says, "I know the truth."

The little pus bag keeps up the charade, "I swear I don't know what you are talking about."

Hope screams, "YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KILLED MY SON!"

Shawn calls Mimi over and asks who the baby looks like.

"You'd better not say Eisenhower," says Belle.

"I see Belle in her," says Mimi. She turns to them and says, "Shawn... Belle... there is something I have to tell you both."

Bonnie immediately has a Fred Sanford style heart attack. The gang rushes into action as Mimi insists she's faking it.

Hope asks if the brat was talking on her cell phone. The brat remembers the incident. She still won't admit it, "But Billie confessed."

"It isn't true," says Hope, "I can't believe you've allowed her to do it."

Patrick says, "I won't let Billie take the fall for something Chelsea did. She killed your son. How could you not have told Hope?"

"Well," says Bo, "You know, the Idiot of the Year award is still up for grabs. And besides, Hope needs me to help her get through this. I was going to tell her after the funeral. Ten years after if I could get away with it."

"I think you're afraid she will never forgive you," says Patrick, "You were willing to let Billie go to prison. She's always paying for your mistakes."

Carrie says she needs to think about it, "I had my fingers crossed when I shook on it – only kidding. I need to help the employees Austin fired. I'd like Austin to keep a franchise in LA and give them all jobs. Or else I have a lot of recommendation letters to write."

"I'll bet you would even give them part of your salary," says Lucas.

"Not all of it," she says, "I need something to live on."

"Titan pays well, but not that well," says Lucas, "Why don't you move in with me. We could split the rent."

Carrie asks, "Why do I get the feeling you're not doing this for the money?"

"I was unemployed," says Lucas, "I need to save money. Will is going to college soon. I know I can't count on Sami to help with money for that. You'd be helping me and Will. There is nothing left for you in LA. This is a golden opportunity – a job and a place to stay. What could be better than that? Should I have Titan draw up the contracts?" Carrie stares.

Sami tells Austin he can't hire the employees back or give Carrie her company back. He has thought of something he can do.

Bonnie recovers. Shawn helps her to the couch. Carolyn tells Bonnie about her own heart attack. Bonnie insists she feels better. She doesn't want to go to the hospital. Mimi says, "Just rest, Mom, while I talk to Shawn and Belle."

That did it. Bonnie clutches her chest and gasps, "Fred and Elizabeth, I'm a-commin' ." Shawn rushes to get the car.

Mimi tells Bonnie she's faking. "I'm serious as a heart attack," screams Bonnie, "I don't want to die!"

"This is really for real, isn't it," asks Mimi, "I'm sorry."

Belle and Caroline are alone in the loft. Bonnie, Mimi and Shawn are on the way to the hospital. Caroline says she hopes Bonnie will be OK. Belle can't believe Mimi thought it was no big deal.

"Has Bonnie had a history of histrionics," asks Caroline.

Belle says, "I guess so. It's not like we were talking about anything that would upset her. It was like Mimi thought Bonnie was faking."

"Maybe she had a reason to believe that," says Caroline.

"Why would Bonnie fake it," asks Belle, "After everything we've been through with Claire, that would be a little insensitive wouldn't it?"

"Well, yes, it would, but we are talking about Bonnie Lockhart," says Caroline.

"Sometimes I think Mimi doesn't know how lucky she is," says Belle, "I would give anything to have a mom who cares – you know what I mean, I know my mom loves me. I just wish she would remember me. Anyway I hope Bonnie is OK."

"Bonnie should be happy," says Caroline, "I know she was looking forward to the wedding."

They jabber about the wedding dress. Belle is so happy for Mimi and Shawn. She tells Caroline she will be Matron of Honor. Caroline thinks it's wonderful Belle could let go of her relationship with Shawn.

"By the way," says Caroline, "Where the hell is Phillip?"

Lexie is on the phone, "Call me when Abe is out of surgery." She hangs up and talks to the nurse about Abe's corneal surgery.

They drag Bonnie in. Lexie goes into action. They wheel Bonnie into a room. Mimi asks if Bonnie isn't too young to have a heart attack.

"Not necessarily," says Lexie.

Mimi tells Shawn she shouldn't have tried to talk him out of bringing her in.

Lexie and the nurse tend to Bonnie.

"When was your last physical," asks Lexie.

"When was the last time I had insurance," asks Bonnie.

"Do you have a history of heart problems," asks Lexie.

"I've had a lot of broken hearts," says Bonnie.

"Smoking?"

"I quit every now and then."

"Drinking?"

"It's part of my job description."

"Exercise?"

"Not since my divorce," says Bonnie, "If you know what I mean."

Lexie tells her to chill. She will be back in a few minutes. Bonnie watches the monitor, "If Mimi finds out I'm faking..." She hears the guy in the next room talking about his symptoms. She gets out of bed and starts jogging in place.

Bo says, "If Hope finds out I made a decision that cost Zack his life, she won't have anything to do with me. I'm not going to let her go thorough the nightmare of burying our son alone."

"How was I supposed to know you knew the truth," asks Patrick.

"It was Billie's idea," says Bo, "She insisted. And God knows I could never have an original thought of my own."

They hear Hope screaming in the hall, "My son is dead!" Your mother lied to cover it up!"

The snot cries, "I didn't do it."

Hope screams, "YES YOU DID! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WAS DRIVING, CHELSEA!"

Carrie says she does need a job. Lucas encourages her. She will think while she makes coffee. They are out of milk, so Lucas heads for the store to let Carrie think.

Carrie mulls it over, "Maybe Lucas is right. Maybe we can prove nice guys don't always finish last."

Austin tells Sami he could hire Carrie to be the head of the Highstyle's products division. He says he is going to go tell her right now, but Sami stops him. He asks, "What is going on with you? Do you not want Carrie to be a part of my company, my life?"

Caroline looks at a scrapbook. Belle has written, "Shawn and I decided our baby girl will be named Claire."

Belle says, "That's the diary I kept in high school. It was for a psychology class project. We had to pretend to get married and have a kid and make a budget. I had forgotten about wanting to name the baby Claire, though."

"If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plan," says Caroline the philosopher, "Sometimes a detour will take you back to where you wanted to go, and sometimes it will take you in a new direction."

I feel like my family is falling apart," says Belle, "I think of you as my grandmother. It's great to know the Brady's are a part of my life."

Bonnie finishes jogging and jumps back in bed. Lexie comes back in with Shawn and Mimi. Lexie looks at the monitor, "Your heart rate is elevated. It could be stress or anxiety. What brought this on, Bonnie?" Bonnie gives Mimi a dirty look.

The brat claims she didn't do it. Billie tells her about the picture.

"How could there be a picture," she whimpers.

Hope sticks it in her face, "Look at it. You did it, Chelsea. You killed your little brother."

Billie says, "Honey, it's time for all the lies to stop."

"No it isn't," says the brat, "This is Salem. The lies never stop." She breaks down, "I am sorry. So, so, sorry. So, so selfish."

Sami just doesn't think Carrie would want to work for Austin. He would still be the CEO.

"Am I that bad to work for," he asks.

"That's not what I meant," says Sami, "I just don't know if Carrie would choose to do that."

"Any suggestions?"

"Yeah," says Sami, "Give her some space. Give her some time."

"No," says Austin, "I know Carrie. The more time passes, the worse it will get."

"What will you do," asks Sami.

"First," says Austin, "take a shower. Then go talk to her and if she accepts, take her to dinner."

"Just in case, I'll have some take out waiting," says Sami.

Sami hears Lucas whistling in the hallway. She opens the door, "Lucas what are you doing? Are you happy?"

"Really happy," he says.

"Really," says Sami, "Then you are an idiot."

Hope can't believe the brat hit Zack and didn't stop.

"I just felt this little bump," she says.

Hope cries, "If you had just stopped and called 911 he'd still be alive. You were too selfish to care!"

Billie defends her, "Blaming Chelsea won't bring Zack back. What happened was an innocent horrible accident."

Hope fires back, "If it was so innocent, then why were you lying and taking the blame for it? You were just teaching her that her lying mother would help her get away with murder."

"It wasn't murder, Hope," says Billie, "You are a cop. You know that."

Hope turns to Bo, "They knew the truth and lied to us. Sob. How could anyone be so cruel?" The cruel man stares.

Lexie questions Bonnie. Bonnie doesn't know what caused it. Lexie kicks Mimi and Shawn out.

"She's in good hands," says Shawn.

"I feel like such a bad daughter," says Mimi, "What would I do without you?"

"Well," says Shawn, "You never have to find out."

"Thanks for saying that," says Mimi, "You can go if you want to get back to Belle and Claire. You have such a strong connection with them."

"Don't' worry about that, OK," says Shawn, "The past is the past. And the future is the future. And my future is with you."

Mimi says, "Aw, I can't do this any more. I have to tell you the truth."

Bonnie overhears.

Belle will always be connected to the Brady's through her dad. Caroline will always think of little Claire as a Brady. Belle flashes back to dancing with Shawn. The ring. The proposal.

"What is it," asks Caroline.

Belle says, "I still love Shawn and I want Claire to be his baby."

Lucas asks Sami what is so idiotic about feeling good. "Nothing as along as ignorance is bliss," says Sami, "Austin is going to make Carrie an offer she can't refuse."

Austin comes out of the shower. Carrie happens by. He asks her in. He says, "Can you just hear what I have to say?"

"All right," says Carrie, "I will."

The brat claims it was an accident, "What about the woman that was supposed to be watching him? Is she a murderer?"

"It would be an accident if you hadn't stolen your father's car," says Hope, "You didn't have a license. There is no way anyone would have let you drive a car."

The brat says, "Dad gave me permission to drive his car." Hope drops her jaw and turns to Bo, "WHAT?"


Previews
========

Caroline asks Belle, "Are you saying marrying Phillip was a mistake?"

Shawn and Mimi stand at Bonnie's bedside. Bonnie asks Shawn, "Will you grant a possibly dying woman's last wish and marry Mimi while I am still here to see it?"

Carrie tells Austin, "You are just another heartless corporate shark. You haven't said or done anything here today to make me believe otherwise."

Hope tells Bo, "I don't want you anywhere near me, Brady." She walks off as Bo says, "Hope!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groundhog Day movie ....Prevuze ...the similarities are so clear and only Prevuze would have the insight to point that out.

Loved the HO'S sign and the wallet size picture captions. LOLOL

Can't wait for tomorrow's Prevuze. Squirm Bo, squirm.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs