Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bad Bad Bad

Lexie is in her office. Tek comes in. He was just in the neighborhood...

“What can I do for you,” asks Lexie. Well, he’s not there to get his prescriptions renewed.

“You can stop pretending we don’t have feelings for each other and decide what to do about it,” says Tek.

Jack tells Patrick Frankie
s phone call didn’t sound good. He turns to Frankie and asks, “What are you going to do, Frankie.”

Frankie tells him to cool it, “Hold on Jack.”

“He doesn’t have squat on me,” says Patrick.

The girls walk up and say things sound too tense. The guys backpedal.

Jennifer offers to take Hope to the motel. Hope declines, “Chelsea won’t be happy to see either one of them. My being there would only be interfering.”

Bo and Billie try to get Chelsea to come out of the bathroom, “We know what a shock this is for you. It was a shock for us too,” says Bo. Yeah, especially since their daughter turned out to be the town brat.

“Stop saying you’re my parents because you’re not,” Chelsea whines, then says to Billie, “You’re so desperate that you’re trying to use me to tear Bo and Hope apart.”

Lexie says, “I’m not pretending – Tek, you know I have feelings for you but I can’t act on them.” Again?

Tek says, “But we made love right here in your office.”

“That was a mistake,” says Lexie, “Abe is my husband and loves me.”

“He has a really funny way of showing it,” says Tek, “He doesn’t have a right to take out his anger on you. It’s time you were honest with yourself. It’s time you admit you don’t love him anymore – That you’ve fallen in love with me.”

Jennifer asks if Chelsea was all the boys were talking about. Jack says Patrick was upset because he didn’t get invited to Lucas and Brady’s joint bachelor party.

The girls are excited about the joint Sami/Chloe shower. Jack encourages them to get ready.

Hope says they need to go so they can pick up Alice. Jack needs to take care of a few things so he’ll meet up with them later.

Jennifer warns him about the double bachelor party, “I hear things get pretty wild.
Jack reminds her the parties are in the same house, so things should be OK.

The girls take off. “I thought they’d never leave,” says Jack.

“Not now,” says Frankie, “Call me later and we will meet up.”

“Lockhart,” says Jack, “your days are numbered.” Jack leaves for an appointment.

Patrick asks Frankie, “So what did you get on me? I’m curious.”

“I’m sure you are,” says Frankie, “Let’s just say we got enough. You wanna know? I’ll tell you. I just found out there are thick files on you. That means you are more dangerous than I thought.”

“So,” says Patrick,
you just let me know you work for the government. I think I know which agency. You just blew your cover, Frankie, and you’re gonna lose your job. I hope it was worth it.”

Chelsea insists Billie and Bo aren’t her parents. They argue. Bo tells her they have proof, “We understand this is hard to believe...”

“We’re not doing this to hurt or upset you,” says Billie, “We hope one day you will be happy about this. As happy as we are.”

“Yeah, that’s gonna happen,” Chelsea whispers. Somehow she has gotten dressed. She goes for the window as Bo rambles. “I’m outta here, guys.”

Lexie doesn’t know what Tek expects. She loves him, but wants him to stop. She says they will never be together. Abe is the father of her child. Tek insists she isn’t in love with Abe any more. There is a knock at the door. It’s Jack – “Am I interrupting something?”

Frankie says, “I won’t lose my job, but it would be so worth it to get the goods on you. Your files are classified. I can’t get in and my security is pretty high. That tells me you are dangerous.”

Patrick asks, “Why haven’t they arrested me yet, then?”

“They think you can lead them to something else. Who you workin’ for? Level with me. What the hell are you up to?” Patrick chuckles.

Jennifer and Hope go through baby clothes. Hope is giving them to Jennifer for Jack Jr. Jennifer says the way Jack is these days there may be another baby in their future. “He’s exhausting me, but I’m not complaining,” she complains.

Hope says things have never been better between Bo and her, “Unless Chelsea – I don’t even want to go there. I just can’t help thinking how this will change our lives.”

Chelsea slams the window. Bo and Billie keep rambling. Bo tells her they won’t stop her if she wants to go out the front door, “We really don’t mean to push you. We just want to know you are OK.”

Chelsea sighs and goes out the door, “So where is the so-called proof?”

Zach and Jack Junior Play. “When I had Zach and Shawn I was prepared,
says Hope. Well, she may have been prepared for Zach, but no one was prepared for Shawn. “I’m not prepared for Chelsea. Bo and Billie will feel guilty she grew up without them. They’ll never be able to give her the tough love she needs.”

Billie shows Chelsea the lab report. Chelsea claims it’s fake, “I can’t figure you – why you’re so desperate to sink your hooks into me. My real mother, who just coincidentally asked you to take care of me when she was dying – how convenient, but no one else heard it. Now you come to me with this DNA scam. You need help.”

Bo says, “I asked you not to speak to your mother – Billie – like that.”

Chelsea cries, “I can’t accept it and I won’t. Never.”

Frankie tells Patrick he won’t be laughing when he goes to prison. He doesn’t think Patrick is working for DiMera, “Are you a sleeper, Lockhart, for someone worse than Tony?” I don’t know about Patrick but this episode is a sleeper.

“I am sick of your accusations and empty threats,” says Patrick.

“I’m on to you,” says Frankie, “Keep away form the Devereaux.”

“You mean Jennifer,” says Patrick.

Frankie says, “I mean her entire family.” Which pretty much means all of Salem. “I’ve seen the way you hang around Billie. Just stay away from her.”

Patrick says, “You don’t have anything on me and never will. Billie Hope, Chelsea have minds of their own and none of them see me as a threat.”

Hope thinks Sami will make it to the altar this time. Jennifer is optimistic, too.

Alice warns sometimes unexpected things happen. When Alice warns, well may Salemites tremble.

Jennifer thinks she and Jack have had their share of unplanned excitement.

Tek says he has to go, and leaves.

Jack asks about his latest test results.

Bad bad bad.

“Well,” says Jack, “I didn’t expect you to tell me I’m cured. I’m not running marathons yet. So, uh, bad, huh? What’s the latest?”

“It’s much worse than I expected,” says Lexie.

The boys are down for their nap. Alice is probably down for her nap, too. Hope thanks Jennifer for putting up with her never-ending saga of Bo and Billie. She doesn’t know what she would do without Jennifer to talk to. They express their mutual friendship.

“There is something I’d like to run by you,” says Jennifer, “It’s about Jack.”

“Oh,” says Hope, “the lloovvvee machine.”

Jennifer says, “He’s not lacking in that department, but there is this intensity behind his love. He’s been acting so strange since he’s been back. I’m worried about that. And Frankie coming back – the whole thing’s weird.”

Hope says, “Jack has been through a life-changing event. Do you think he wants to waste his time with mere jealousy?”

Bo says they are just asking Chelsea to read the test results. Dr. Carver can verify them. “Oh, Dr. Carver. One of your friends,” asks Chelsea.

Billie suggests running more tests. Chelsea’s cornered. She grabs the report from Bo. She reads, “99% probability of a genetic match. How could this be? You’re my parents? This isn’t a trick?”

“I am your biological mother,” says Billie.

Bo follows up, “I am your father.”

“What about the people I grew up with and loved and trusted? Everything they told me was a lie,” says Chelsea.

“We don’t know the whole story yet,” says Bo.

“We will get to the bottom of this,” says Billie, “But for now...”

“Right now I need to be by myself,” says Chelsea.

Abby comes in, “Hey, guys, I just heard. Chelsea, I don’t believe this. How amazing. Chelsea, I am so happy for you.” Chelsea isn’t happy for Chelsea.

Jack says, “Lexie, I’m dying. I didn’t think it could get much worse.”

Lexie gives him the bad news, “The disease is progressing much faster than anticipated. I can’t tell you how long you have.”

“So I need to live every day as if it’s my last because it just might be,” says Jack, “I was just praying for a little miracle. I guess there is no miracle in the cards for me. I’ll just have to do things faster. Do you mind if I use your phone?”

Lexie says, “Oh, finally you’re telling Jennifer.”

“I’m not telling her,” says Jack.

Lexie says, “She has a right to know.”

“She will know at the end,” says Jack, “The real end. If my plan works out...”

“What plan?”

“It’s nothing,” he says, “I’m just looking after my family so I will know they are safe after I am gone.”

Frankie says, “You may have all the women in this town fooled, but the truth will come out.”

“You see me as competition,” says Patrick.

Jack calls Frankie. He wants to see him ASAP. He says they need to talk about Patrick.

“This isn’t over,” says Frankie, “It is my personal mission to bring you down.”

“Good luck, says Patrick, “You should have never showed me your hand, Junior G-Man. That was a mistake. I have the upper hand.
Frankie leaves. Patrick puts on his ‘mysterious-guy’ sunglasses.

Tek comes back to Lexie’s office. He and Jack run into each other outside her door. Jack stammers and lets him in.

Lexie says they have to stop this. Tek says, “You’re staying with Abe out of pity and guilt. I won’t let you throw your life away. You deserve a man who will treat you right. I just want to be that man. Just give me the word. Tell me you love me as much as I love you.”

She says, “I do want you!” Lexie extends her office hours for Tek.

Frankie tells Jack he doesn’t have details but thinks he is on the right track. He doesn’t know how long it will be.

“You have to get closer to Jennifer,” says Jack, “The fact is I’m dying sooner than they thought. Help me. Make my wife fall in love with you. If Lockhart’s this bad ...”

“Frankie Brady is on to me,” says Patrick into his phone, “I’ll just move up the timetable.”

Jennifer tells Hope she has nothing to worry about where Billie is concerned. Hope says, “Whatever they know about Chelsea, I have an awful feeling it’s not going to be for the better.” What have we ever found out about Chelsea that’s for the better?

Abby was so excited she had to come right over but now sees this is an uncomfortable moment. Chelsea wants her to stay. Abby has to go. Chelsea says she will go with her. She needs to get out of there.

Chelsea asks Bo and Billie if they understand. Billie starts to hug her but Bo stops her. Billie tells her they understand. They will talk when Chelsea is ready. Abby says she will see Billie at the shower. She asks Chelsea if she is going with her. Chelsea doesn’t know.

They leave. “She’s in shock,” says Bo, “In time she will come to accept us as her parents.”

“What if she doesn’t,” asks Billie, “What if she hates us for taking everything she loves and believed in away?”

Abby apologizes for barging in. “At least it got me out of there,” says Chelsea.

“I know you loved your mom and dad, but Bo and Billie are really great people and have waited so long to find you. It’s like you’re getting a second chance. I just hope you’ll give them a chance,” says Abby.

“My whole world just got turned upside down, and someone has to pay for that.” FF.


Previews
========

“Chelsea is not my biological child,” says Hope. “She’s Billie’s and my biological daughter, and you can’t get past that,” says Bo.

“It’s you,” says Marlena. “You remembered,” says Alex. They kiss.

The girls’ shower raves on with the Chippendales.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I had the same questions. How did Abby find out (and how did she know they were at the flea-bag hotel)? And where did the dual shower/bachelor parties come from. Hadn't heard about that!

If Frankie found out there were "thick" files on Patrick that he can't get into, I'm betting that Patrick will turn out to be some super-agent who is in deep cover. It would be more interesting if he were the super-villain as Bulldog points out. But unlikely.

Great Prevuze....sorry I had to wait so late to read them today. HAHAHAHA

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs