Monday, August 22, 2005

I Feel Like A Cheap Whore

Patrick and Chelsea suck face as Bo and Hope barge into the pool area. Bo pulls them apart and yells, “What the hell are you doing here?”

Patrick protests, “It’s not what it looks lik...” Bo gives him a nose job.

Salem PD. Nerve center of the busy metropolis. It’s a bustlin’ place. Kate walks in and thinks, “If Nicole is to be believed Tony has enough information for me to bury Sami and stop Lucas from marrying her.” Then she says, “But first I have to figure out a way to see Tony.” Don’t worry Kate, a four year old could fake out this crew.

She goes up to the guard and asks if this is where Count DiMera is being held. He starts to tell her he can’t let her in, but Billie walks out. Billie and Kate each wonder what the other is doing there.

“I just heard something amazing,” says Billie.

“From Tony,” asks Kate. No, from the maid in there mopping the floors.

Billie nods, “And if it’s true, it will change my life forever.”

Marlena and Alex are passionately making out. She flashes back to a shower scene. He maneuvers her onto the bed.

He rolls off the bed and pulls her up, “We can’t do this.”

Marlena comes to her senses, “Oh, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me. You’re my therapist. You’re here trying to help me and I tried to seduce you.”

“I don’t want you getting upset,” says Alex.

“I’m not upset,” she says, “I’m horrified. I don’t know how you can face me.” She runs off. Alex stares.

“Chelsea Benson,” asks Kate, “The one you’re living with and taking care of?” The teenage tramp? The gutter slut? “Are you sure?”

No, Billie isn’t sure but, gosh, she might have found her daughter. Kate wants to know why Tony would have just volunteered this information, and what’s in it for him, “Did he give you any proof?”

“Of course not.” Billie stops to ponder, “Patrick was actually the first person to say Chelsea might be Georgia.” Yeah, right after everyone in the audience said it. “When Patrick first said that I called Mickey Horton. He did a search for adoption papers and found out there were none. But Tony could have destroyed those, right?”

Kate is happy for her. This might bring Billie and Bo back together. Billie says, “Mom, we can’t think about that right now. The only thing that matters is finding out if Chelsea is Georgia.”

“That would mean,” says Kate, “she is Bo’s daughter, too, and she would need both of you.” Two of them together can screw up her life better than just one.

Hope wants go to give Patrick a chance to explain. “Explain what,” says Bo, “That he’s a low life scum, taking advantage of a girl half his age? Talk, Lockhart!”

Patrick hesitates, “Just know it wasn’t what you thought.”

“I’m eighteen. I’m not a child,” says the child.

Patrick tells Bo to butt out as Hope takes Chelsea aside, “You wanna tell me what just happened here?”

“It was no big deal. I don’t wanna talk about it.” Chelsea runs off.

Patrick starts to follow, “Whoa, whoa, whoa,” says Bo, “Where do you think you’re going?”

He says he’s going to check on her. Bo says she will be fine. Hope chimes in, “She’ll be OK. She’s probably just a little embarrassed.”

“Em- huh- wha-, this is the guy who oughta be embarrassed,” says Bo.

Hope tells Bo he is overreacting. Bo storms off. Patrick turns to Hope, “You wanna lay into me now, too?”

“Nope,” she says, “I have a pretty good idea of what just happened here.”

Billie reminds Kate she was a match for Chelsea’s rare blood type after the accident.

“That could be a coincidence,” says Kate.

“Or,” says Billie, “We could be mother and daughter.” Or, it could be a coincidence. But, there are no coincidences in Salem.

“So,” says Kate, “You’re thinking this is fate.”

“Well, I was at the scene of the accident to help. But, this could be Tony setting us up again. I don’t know if I could take that.”

Kate hugs her, “You are going to find your daughter. And whether that is Chelsea or not, you and Bo will be a family again.”

“Mom, Bo is married to Hope,” she says, “so give it a rest, OK? ...OMG, Bo doesn’t even know about any of this.” She whips out her cell phone.

Kate thinks, “It doesn’t matter what you say, Billie, I’m not going to stop hoping someday you will have a life with Bo.” Then she says, “But now, I have to find a way to get Lucas away from Sami.”

Bo catches up to Chelsea. He tells her Lockhart’s dangerous so she should keep her distance.

Hope speculates Chelsea kissed Patrick, but Patrick is too chivalrous to say anything. Patrick wants to drop it. Hope wants to beat it to death.

“She’s got problems,” says Patrick.

“And if you don’t watch it,” says Hope, “she could create bigger ones for you.

Hope tends to Patrick’s fat lip, “How can men be so blind when it comes to women?”

“You’re talking about Chelsea.”

“Damn right I am. When I was her age I knew girls just like her. She is trouble with a capital T.”

“No,” says Patrick, “She’s lonely and afraid. She’s not the first girl to have a crush on an older guy. She’ isn't what you think she is.”

“Oh, yes she is,” says Hope, “and because of it, Bo is more suspicious of you than ever.”

“That’s his problem.”

“No,” says Hope, “It’s your problem, too. Maybe it was a mistake letting her live here.”

“Billie’s here too,” says Patrick, “Asking them to live here was an act of friendship.”

“I’m not questioning your motives,” says Hope, “I’m just telling you to be careful.” Dr. Hope takes him to get some ice for his wound.

Bo lectures Chelsea as they come back into the pool area. Chelsea insists Patrick wasn’t taking advantage of her. Bo insists he was. He plays the trump card, “And if your father were here, he’d agree with me.” His phone rings.

It’s Billie. She says, “I have to meet you right away. I have to tell you what Tony told me.” They agree to meet at the Brady pub. Bo asks Chelsea to tell Hope he had to leave.

As Bo rides into the sunset, Chelsea says, “Billie has you jumping through hoops, too. Talk about pathetic.”

Marlena is a basket case. Alex tries to comfort her. He thinks she’s blowing this out of proportion.

“I don’t think so, she says, “I am a married woman. I know I was pregnant with my ex-husband’s child and here I am with my therapist and I... What kind of a terrible person am I?”

“You are not a terrible person,” says Alex.

“What must you think of me,” says Marlena, “I feel like a cheap whore.” No, that’s what he’s trying to turn you into.

Bo runs into the pub and startles Caroline. He tells her he is meeting Billie there. Caroline asks if Hope knows. Whaddya, nuts? Bo says it’s an emergency.

Caroline asks, “You mean like that emergency when she got you trapped in that pit? Did you think I wouldn’t hear about that? I think it would be better if you kept your distance from Billie Reed.”

“Ma,” says Bo, “I’m looking for my daughter. I know what I’m doing.” He sees Billie and excuses himself.

Billie smiles at Bo across the booth from him, “Hi. Tony says Chelsea Benson’s our daughter, Bo.”

Well, that’s the best news Bo’s had all day, “If Chelsea’s our daughter... she’s pretty messed up.”

Billie chuckles, “I don’t disagree. I didn’t think you really knew her.”

“I don’t, but Hope and I were just over at Lockhart’s and we saw him kissing her.”

PATRICK?

“Yeah,” says Bo, “And who knows how far it would have gone if we hadn’t walked in when we did.” Billie scowls.

Hope comes out and tells Chelsea, “I know what happened. So save your innocent-little-girl routine for someone else. When you mess with older guys, you’re playing with fire. You’re lucky Patrick’s a decent guy, because there are all too many men out there who would love to take advantage of you.”

“Like you’re really worried about me,” scoffs Chelsea.

“As a matter of fact, I am,” says Hope, “and so is Bo.”

“Then I’ll tell you the same thing I told him; I don’t need your advice. Why the hell can’t you people just leave me alone?”

An eleven-year-old kid walks up to the guard and shows him his Spiderman fan club ID card. The guard lets him into the prisoner area.

Kate begs the guard to let her in to see Tony. No can do. A man walks in and Kate asks if he is ISA. As a matter of fact, he is. Kate says she is Roman’s wife and would like to see Tony. He can’t do that.

“Well, my daughter was just in there speaking to him.”

“Well, your daughter is ISA. Now, if you’ll excuse me...”

He walks into the prisoner area. “Officious ass,” says Kate, “If he thinks I’m going to give up, he’s greatly mistaken. And I know just the person who can help me.” She dials, “Hi. It’s me. I need a favor.”

Alex says he won't have Marlena calling herself names. “I appreciate that,” she says, “but my behavior does speak for itself.”

“He pulls out a folder, “I think if you knew more about your past, you wouldn’t be so hard on yourself. You have lead a difficult life to say the least. Your most recent difficulty, which you’ve been told about, was being held captive with your ex-husband. Apparently you were held together in the same room, chained together for most of that time. Those are the circumstances surrounding your pregnancy.”

“We were chained together?”

Chains of lloooovvee. “Apparently that is not the only time you were abducted. There have been many times. On one occasion, you were held on a remote island and impregnated with another woman’s fertilized eggs. You gave birth to twins. A boy Rex, a girl, Cassie. You loved and cared for them until they were cruelly and abruptly taken away from you. Now, all of these things were done to you by the DiMeras. Do you want to hear more?”

“No!”

He continues, “With all the things you’ve been through, this could be your mind’s way of telling your system it needs a rest. You’ve forgotten all these things because they are just too difficult to remember.”

“That makes sense to me,” says Marlena, “What I don’t understand is why I’m so drawn to you. Did we have a relationship? Or... or... do you work for DiMera?”

“No,” he says, “I don’t.”

“Ooh blubber I’m blubber so blubber sorry I said that,” she blubbers.

“Don’t let these things bother you,” he says.

“How am I supposed to do that,” she asks, “This is all so upsetting.”

“I brought you here,” he says, “so I could get you away from all that in this serene setting. But it was for intense therapy.” How am I doing so far?

Marlena sniffles. He says, “I want you to feel safe with me, Marlena.”

“I do,” she says, “I don’t know what I would do without you.” She hugs him.

Hope insists she isn’t picking on Chelsea.

“I don’t need old witches like you and Billie reed telling me what life’s all about, go to hell,” she says.

Hope cleans her ears, “I’m sorry, what did you just say?”

“Look,” says Chelsea, “If I were you I wouldn’t be that worried about Patrick and me. I would be focused on your own husband. For all you know, Bo could be cheating on you right now. Do you even know where he is?” Shame Bo’s not a little older, Chelsea might like to tackle him herself.

Billie insists, “There is no way Patrick would let things go that far with Chelsea.”

“You wouldn’t say that if you saw what I saw,” says Bo.

Billie says Chelsea has had a crush on Patrick for a long time. She tells him about the shower incident.

“You make her sound like Lolita,” says Bo.

“Well,” says Billie, “She definitely has a wild side. And this thing with Patrick, I’m pretty sure it was coming from her.”

“You’re not gonna convince me it wasn’t him. He’s been warned,” says Bo.

“Bo! What did you do,” she asks.

“Just a little slap in the kisser,” he says, “If it turns out Chelsea is our daughter, and he touches her again, he’s a dead man.” Gosh, I didn’t think she was that repulsive.

Chelsea tells Hope, “If you’re so quick with advice, here’s some for you. Billie called and as soon as Bo heard her voice, he ran off to meet her, just like that.”

Patrick walks outside nursing his wound. He remembers being in the kitchen with Hope and telling her Bo has a temper. Hope says, “You know how to push his buttons, though.”

He tells her she has always been good to him. He trusts her. They have saved each other’s lives many times. Oh, the bonding! Island flashback – kiss.

Bo and Billie argue about who was at fault – Patrick or Chelsea. “Did you ask Patrick what happened?”

“Didn’t have to,” says Bo.

“Right,” says Billie, “Because who needs a fair trial? But the important thing is Chelsea, and finding out whether or not she is our daughter.” Caroline overhears and drops a glass. Oh, the shock!

Kate has John on the phone. She tells him she wants to talk to Tony about Billie’s daughter. John promises to call Shane Donovan. Kate hangs up, “I knew I could count on him. Now I just need to get some information on Georgia and enough dirt on Sami to send her packing.”

The ISA man tells Kate, “I don’t know what strings you just pulled, but you’ve been cleared to talk to DiMera.”

On the way in, Kate says, “Dear God, please let Tony give me some information about Georgia and enough dirt to get Sami out of Lucas’ life forever.”

Chelsea continues to twist the knife, “Bo, Patrick, I don’t think it matters to Billie who it is as long as her needs are being taken care of.”

“Wow,” says Hope, “You really don’t like her, do you? Even after all the things she’s done for you.”

Chelsea says, “She used me to get closer to Patrick. When it comes to men, she definitely knows what she wants. And right now, I think she kinda wants Bo.”

The aforementioned Bo cleans up Caroline’s mess. Caroline asks if Bo has thought what this could mean to Hope and his marriage. Bo doesn’t do a lot of thinking, but he says he has thought about this one. Hope is just peachy-keen with the whole idea. Bo tells her Billie got her information from DiMera.

“Bo,” she says, “You know you can’t trust that man.”

“Yeah,” he says, “But it could be true. I’ll be careful. And Hope really does want me to find my daughter.”

“Then why didn’t you tell her you were coming here?”

“I didn’t have time to track her down,” says Bo. Carolyn reminds him there is this pesky little thing called a cell phone.

Bo chuckles, “It's good to have you back, Ma. Everything will work out.” He walks away.

“Famous last words,” says Caroline.

Back at the booth, Billie tells Bo they shouldn’t tell Chelsea about this until they are 100% sure. Bo agrees, “Let’s go find out if Chelsea Benson is our daughter. And I know how we can do that.”

Alex gives Marlena more blather. “It’s only natural you would reach out to me. You don’t associate me with any of the negative things that have happened in your life.”

“Do you suppose,” asks Marlena, “Well, I have a confession to make. It’s a little embarrassing. I seem to have memories of kissing you and making love with you.”

He claims it’s our old friend transference. Marlena gets it – yet again. But he can see these feelings are very disturbing to her.

“I don’t want to go back to Salem,” she says, “I know all those people are my friends and family, but I have no desire to see them again. Mostly I just keep trying to think of a way to stay here. Is that just plain wrong?”

Well of course not. As they hug, he thinks, “That’s exactly what I’m counting on.”


Previews
========

Chloe tells Brady, “I’ve made up my mind. I can’t marry you looking like this.”

Abby tells Chelsea, “Billie’s been like a mother to you ever since your parents died.” Chelsea yells, “That bitch never could be my mother.”

Jennifer tells Frankie, “I think it’s wonderful you’re staying in town but I have a pretty good idea of what changed your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.”

Sami is on the phone, “What do you want?” Tony says, “I need to see you.” Lucas asks, “What is it?”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVED the pictures! Bo telling Billie to feed Chelsea and the Cheap Whore double feature were riots.

Touching Chelsea might not kill someone, but watching this storyline is sure to kill any desire to view DAYS without a fast-forward button handy. HA

And thanks for the forewarning about Wednesday's return to the never-ending "I can, I can't" Broe stupidity!

7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs