Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Sami 2.0

We would like to take this opportunity to present a special Prevuze award (known as a Previe) to the reader yesterday who came up with the excellent idea to have Tony DiMera kidnap that whining nitwit Chloe and take her away forever. It would be well worth it – Tony gets a “Get Out Of Jail Free” card in exchange for doing what he does best, kidnapping people. We could come up with some kind of cash incentive for him to take Brady, too.


Kate goes through the ashes of Sami’s pictures. She flashes back to the ceremonial burning, “What were you up to Sami. Why were you disguised as a man?”

Roman comes out. Kate hides a burned piece of the photograph. Roman blurts, “Kate, there’s something we gotta talk about. I’ve hired Mickey Horton to represent me. I want’ a divorce.” With Mickey as Roman’s attorney, Kate will own the Salem PD when this is over.

Will, Sami and Lucas are at Alice’s. Lucas says this is a whole new beginning for the three of them. He goes for drinks.

Will tells Sami she’s hiding something.

Patrick and Max continue their standoff. “I’m gonna make sure you never lay a hand on Chelsea again,” says Max. I hope he brought a gun.

Chelsea says they are all lying, “I had parents, real ones. How can I be your daughter if you’ve been married to Hope? I get it, Billie is a slut! I am Hope and Billie’s bastard love child. Is that what you’re telling me? I don’t believe I’m your daughter. Did you think I’d be happy about this?”

“It was a shock for us, too, but you are our daughter, Chelsea. We didn’t know you were alive until a year ago,” says Billie.

“I don’t want anything to do with either of you,” says Chelsea. She runs out. Hope stops Billie from chasing her.

“A divorce,” says Kate.

Roman says, “That says it best.”

Kate asks, “You decided to end our marriage without talking to me?”

“We have no future together,” says Roman, “We were together as husband and wife for a total of a couple weeks.”

Kate asks, “So you’re subtracting the time you were missing and presumed dead?”

“Yes,” says Roman, “If that would not have happened, who knows, maybe things would have been different.”

“Maybe,” says Kate, “if you’d had more self control you wouldn’t have gotten your ex-wife pregnant.” The referee separates them and gives Kate a warning for hitting below the belt.

“All I want is for this divorce to be fair equitable and uncontested,” says Roman, “But that’s up to you.”

Kate says, “You’ve caught me off guard. I’m sorry about what happened between Sami and me and the loss of your baby. Why don't' we just take all of that and put I behind us?”

“You lied to me, Kate,” says Roman, “I asked you to look after Sami. I know she is no angel but I thought you would do the right thing. Instead you went after her with a vengeance.”

“I did it to protect my son.”

Roman says, “Lucas loved Sami and how you could hurt him and Will I will never understand. I’m just glad Sami didn’t go off the deep end.”

“How do you know she hasn’t,” asks Kate. Roman stares.

Sami tells Will she has something in her eye, “You don’t know me as well as you think you do if you don’t know how happy I am right now.”

“That’s all it is,” asks Will. Sami flashes back to her argument to Bart the priest. “Mom, please promise me you’re not keeping something from Dad. If you were, that would suck. He’d never speak to you again. As much as Dad and I love you, if you lie again, that would be the end. You’d be out of our lives forever.”

Sami says, “Look in my eyes, Will. You’re looking at the new Sami – Sami 2.0. I have learned from my mistakes.” She tries to hug him but he resists because they are in public. Lucas interrupts the happy scene. Lucas toasts the three of them, “You’re beautiful, you’re exasperating...”

“EXASPERATING,” asks Sami.

“Yeah, says Lucas, “In a good way. It’s a good thing.” He goes on and on about how great she is.

“Honey, I’m gonna cry,” says Sami.

They drink up. She thinks, “I’m sorry guys, I have to do one more bad thing. Then we can be happy for all the Days Of Our Lives.”

Kate thinks this is ironic. While Lucas and Sami are planning their wedding, Kate and Roman are planning their divorce.

Roman says she didn’t give Sami any money when Kate sold his house.

“She left town before I could,” says Kate, “Sami isn’t as innocent as you think she is. I know Tony has something on her.”

Roman asks, “What the hell could Tony be holding over her head?”

Kate says, “When I went to see him...”

Roman asks, “How did you get in to see Tony?”

Kate says, “Never mind. When I went to see him...”

“Forget it,” says Roman, “I wouldn’t believe a word Tony said. None of this is an excuse for what you have done. I can’t forgive you for what you did to Sami.”

“So it doesn’t matter if Sami is involved with Tony,” asks Kate, “Sami always comes first? Because of her, you and I can never reconcile?”

Roman bobbles his head.

Sami has to go. She says she has a lot to do for the wedding.

After she leaves, Will asks if Lucas thinks Sami is being honest with them.

“Yes,” says Lucas, “or I wouldn’t be marrying her.”

Will reminds him, “You know mom’s history with weddings.”

“Last time wasn’t her fault. It was your grandmother’s fault,” says Lucas.

“Well, Kate,” says Roman, “You really don’t get it. No matter what Sami did, it doesn’t matter because you hurt my daughter then lied to me. No. you and I are not going to reconcile.”

Sami listens to Kate and Roman, “If my luck holds out, I’ll never do anything bad again.”

Chelsea tries to break up the boys. She asks, “ You guys are fighting over me?” L’il ole me? “I guess I got here at the right time. Max will you take me for a ride?”

Max asks, “Now?”

“Yes,” she says, saving his life.

Patrick tells Chelsea, “You’re making a big mistake.” Chelsea and Max go off together.

Hope says, “That wasn’t the way Chelsea should have found out.”

Billie wants to go to find her. Patrick comes in and tells them Chelsea’s gone off with Max.

Hope tells them that was a bombshell they just dropped on her.

Billie the understatement queen says, “She didn’t take it too well.”

“And she said some pretty harsh things,” says Hope.

Bo tells Billie Chelsea didn’t mean what she said.

“What if we lose her all over again,” asks Billie. She hugs Bo. Hope gives a “Looks That Could Kill” seminar.

Max and Chelsea park. “I wish you’d tell me what’s wrong,” says Max.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Then how can I help you,” he asks.

“Just hold me,” says Chelsea. He hugs her. “I don’t want to be alone tonight and I don’t want to go back to Patrick’s house, either. It’s not him, it’s Billie I don’t want to see. You don’t know what she’s like Max, I hate her.”

“If you don’t want to go home, you don’t have to,” says Max.

“So I’ve lost Roman,” says Kate, “That won’t stop me from bringing Sami to her knees. I have to find out what the disguise was.”

Victor comes in, “I’ve got some news for you, Kate, about Sami and Tony DiMera.” Kate smirks.

Sami bumps into Roman. She tells Roman she overheard him and Kate. Roman doesn’t want to talk about it. Sami asks about Marlena. Roman doesn’t know if she will be back for the wedding. Sami encourages him to spend more time with her.

“Listen to me,” says Roman, “John is your mom’s husband. I have no right to interfere. Now, is there something you wanted?”

Sami is indignant, “Dad! Well... yes, I did have a favor to ask of you.”

Will says, “Some people just aren’t meant to be married, are they, Dad? Maybe if you two just snuck off and got married...”

“Yeah,” says Lucas, “Big weddings aren’t for some people. We talked about eloping but we want all our friends and family to be there. I know it’s been a hard year for us, but we got through it. It’s gonna be a great year for the Roberts family.” Let’s hope that’s not the Kate Roberts family. Lucas’ phone rings, “Hey, it’s great to hear form you. Yeah, Sami and I are gonna take the plunge. If you can make it we’d love to have you.”

Sami tells Roman how hard it is to get ready for the wedding. Will needs the computer to get ready for school. She wonders if she can borrow his.

“Whoa,” says Roman, “You’re talking bout the police computer!” Sharp as a tack. You just can’t put anything past Roman. “That’s against regulations!”

Kate asks Victor, “Sami was working for Tony, wasn’t she?”

Victor says, “My contact thinks Tony may have been blackmailing Sami.”

“I wonder what it is he has on her,” says Kate.

“I’ll keep digging,” says Victor, “Sami has always been a schemer. But a lot of people think she’s turned over a new leaf. You don’t want to sabotage her relationship with Lucas if that’s true.”

“She’s the same scheming liar she’s always been,” says Kate, “I just want them all to be happy. At least you and I can be happy about Belle and Phillip and their baby. And, Billie may have found her daughter. She may be Chelsea Benson.”

“You mean Chelsea Benson may be our granddaughter?”

“Wouldn’t it be great if my daughter and your son found their long lost child,” asks Kate.

Chelsea says, “Bo and Billie have been so desperate to find their precious daughter maybe they flipped out.”

Max says, “I don’t know why Bo would make that up. You know, in a way, Bo is my brother. He wouldn’t say something like that if it wasn’t true.”

“My mom is dead,” says Chelsea, “Why do you have to be against me, too?”

“I could never be against you,” says Max. They hug.

“I don’t want to be anywhere near Bo or Billie again,” says Chelsea.

Billie goes after Chelsea. Bo tells Patrick to lay off. He asks Hope if she is OK with this. “Absolutely,” she fibs.

Bo leaves. Patrick asks Hope, “So, do you trust Bo with Billie?” Like she trusts the fox in the henhouse.

Chelsea sniffles, “I don’t want to be anywhere near Billie.”

“Nobody’s forcing you,” says Max.

“I don’t want to be alone, and I don’t want to go back to Abby’s.”

“I have the perfect place,” says Max, “I have a place where nobody will bother us.”

“If it turns out Chelsea is Billie’s daughter I will do whatever I can to help her,” says Kate.

“What’s she like,” asks Victor. Some Kiriakis-bucks might warm her up a little.

“I don’t rally know. I saw her but it wasn’t really a positive experience. She is a beautiful girl,” says Kate.

“Like her mother and grandmother,” says Victor.

Kate tells him, “I’m worried about Billie. She doesn’t have a man in her life.”

Victor warns her, “Bo is married to Hope. Billie could never become between them. Breaking up Sami and Lucas cost you your son and grandson. Something like that would happen if you intervened between Bo and Hope.”

Kate crosses her fingers and promises she won’t interfere. Let’s see. Crossing your fingers... That’s something second graders do, right?

Sami works on Roman. “All right,” says Roman, “I guess I can bend the rules for your wedding. Come down to the office when we’re not busy and you can use the computer. Now maybe you can help me by answering a question. It’s about your involvement with Tony DiMera.”

“What do you mean,” asks Sami.

“Kate mentioned something,” says Roman.

“Kate?”

“Yeah,” he says, “She hinted you might be working for Tony.”

“She’s just miserable because Lucas and I are back together,” says Sami.

“Well, heads up,” says Roman, “Kate is bound and determined to find you guilty of something. You know how much you mean to me.”

“I just wish Kate would lay off me, but then she wouldn’t be Kate, would she,” says Sami.

“Let’s not talk about Kate any more,” says Roman.

Sami says, “I just need the password to your computer.” He writes it down.

“Sami has hurt my feelings once too many times and I will make sure it never happens again,” Kate tells Victor.

Lucas tells Sami Austin just called, “He’s going to make it home for our wedding.” Kate overhears.

Hope says she trusts Bo.

“Good,” says Patrick, “Some crazy night, huh? It gets more complicated. What do you think will happen with Chelsea?”

“Bo and Billie are in for a rough time,” says Hope.

“I feel for the kid,” says Patrick, “She’s looking for love in all the wrong places. The shock could push her over the edge.”

The hotel light flashes through the curtains in the window, “FLEA BAG MOTEL – FLEA BAG MOTEL.” Max takes the blindfolded Chelsea into the sleazy room. He takes the blindfold off. Chelsea smiles. She jumps onto the bed, “It’s perfect.”

“I don't' know about that,” Says Max, “but no one will find us here.”

“Thank you for bringing me here and for staying with me tonight. There is no place I’d rather be,” says Chelsea. They kiss.

Billie twiddles a stick in the dirt. Bo tells her it will be all right. “I don’t know how you can believe that,” says Billie.

“Chelsea’s angry,” says Bo.

“It’s not the reunion I imagined,” says Billie.

“Listen,” he says, “We’re in this together.”

“OK,” says Billie, “You and me vs. Chelsea. Do you think we’ll ever get her to accept us?”

“I think she’ll come around,” says Bo, “We’ll be a family. It’ll be all right.” Hugs. FF


Previews
========

“I thought you were going for a swim,” says Patrick. “I am,” says Hope. “Where is your swimsuit,” asks Patrick. “Who needs a swimsuit,” asks Hope.

“So that’s it,” says Sami, “No one finds out I was Stan!” Bart, dressed in a clown suit, chuckles.

Frankie tells Billie and Bo, “I got a way to track down Max – and Chelsea, too, if she’s with him.”

Chelsea says to Max, “Run away with me, please. Take me someplace where Bo and Billie will never find me.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Bulldog, for winning the first Previe! And as far as giving Tony a cash incentive to take Brady as well as Chloe...where do I contribute to that fund???!!!

I loved Pard's "computer password" and the warning given to Kate because she "hit below the belt". They will have to be the headline match on Pay Per View, 'cause Patrick is letting Bo get in all the good punches in theirs. Come one Patrick! You could wipe the floor with him! HAHAHA

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs