Thursday, August 25, 2005

Trail Of Tears

Shawn sighs, “A part time job at Alice's won’t be so bad. I’ll earn some cash and it’ll help get my mind off Belle.”

Sami lectures Belle about forgetting Shawn. Part of her still loves Shawn. She loves Phillip in a different way. Is it me or have we heard this before? Sami drags her off to have a real talk.

Josh has something stuck in his teeth. He carries floss everywhere and tonight he needs it. He’s off to the men’s room to take care of things.

Caroline and Abby talk. Abby tells Caroline about Josh. Caroline tells her she has been trying to get her life back to normal. Abby says she never really accepted the fact her dad wasn’t coming back, but he’s back where he belongs and not going anywhere again.

Jack listens as Frankie pounds the door. Frankie and Jennifer yell. “No, Jennifer,” says Jack, “Frankie is the only one who can take care of you when I’m gone.”

Chelsea and Max arrange to meet. Patrick comes up to apologize to Chelsea.

Max says, “I can’t believe she wants to meet at the beach. She should detour to my place. I’ll give her what she wants.”

“The tests show a positive match. Chelsea Benson is our daughter,” says Billie. Bo grabs the file and confirms it. Hope stares. She’s really happy for them.

Billie cries, “I never realized I was right when I said looking at Chelsea was like looking at me at her age.”

Hope leaves them so they can have some privacy. Bo hugs Hope as she goes, and asks her not to tell anyone about the test results. Billie thanks her for her sensitivity.

Bo tells Billie, “We’d better find Chelsea and tell her.”

“I’m sorry Bo,” says Billie, “I don’t think Chelsea should ever know we’re her parents.” Yeah, her life is messed up enough as it is.

Patrick says, “I was too hard on you earlier. I care about you as a friend, which is why I said what I did about Max.”

Chelsea says, “You think he just wants to sleep with me, right?”

“Look at his track record,” says Patrick, “And I’m not talking about racing.”

Chelsea says, “Was I screaming for help? I chose to be there.”

“Think about why you made that choice,” says Patrick, “What do you really know about him?”

“At least he’s interested in showing me some affection.”

Chelsea runs off to Abby and tells her she’s meeting Max, “Patrick may not be into me but I’ll guarantee Max is.”

Hope has arrived. She talks to Patrick. He tells her about his conversation with Chelsea and goes after her to stop her form leaving.

Frankie and Jennifer are trapped. They hear music. Jack has his boom box outside the door. Jennifer remembers the song from the Labor Day dance at the church when they were dating. Frankie dressed like a gangster and Jennifer dressed like a flapper. Jennifer says “Omygosh, you won’t believe this!”

Sami talks to Belle about motherhood, “Life as you know it is now over forever. It will be more different than you can imagine. You will be whole different person, Belle. You will be busier. More tired. Pretty soon you won’t even remember what life was like before you were a mother. And mom’s not around to help you out, and there’s a lot Phillip can’t do.”

Belle says, “Maybe we can get a nanny, not full time, but Phillip can afford it.”

Sami continues, “It’s a bond that goes beyond love, but as mothers we have a full-time job for all the Days Of Our Lives. So you have to get over Shawn. Don
t even think you can go back to him. That’s a fairy tale. If you leave Phillip you’re doing this on your own.”

Patrick is at home yelling for Chelsea. Hope follows. Hope says they have a bigger issue. Hope tells him, “Bo and Billie found Georgia. They know who their daughter is.” And they’re not exactly looking forward to having you as a son-in-law.

“Why don’t you want Chelsea to know,” asks Bo.

“She hates my guts. She’ll be devastated. She’ll think we’re insane.”

Bo says, “We can’t ignore the truth and she has a right to know.”

“I’m scared, Bo,” says Billie.

“Yeah,” Bo smiles, “but we’ve got a daughter.”

Billie says, “I just wish she and I had gotten off to a better start.”

“All teenage girls and their mom’s argue,” says Bo.

“I’m worried she will resent us for trying to take the place of the people she thought were her parents,” says Billie.

“Well,” says Bo, “now she’s gained a lot, a new family. She might not accept us at first but if we give her time, she will. All we can do is tell her and hope she makes the right decision.”

“And if she doesn’t?”

“We should be prepared for that,” says Bo.

Chelsea says to herself, “I Wonder why Max wanted to meet me here instead of the beach. Patrick you made one big mistake letting me get away.” She walks into the garage. Max follows. “You look nice,” she says.

“Yeah,” says Max, “I clean up real good.”

“What possessed you to clean up?”

“You did,” he kisses her.

Belle asks if Shawn said something to Sami. Sami says Mimi said she almost slept with Shawn. Then Bonnie told her, ‘Now you can finally have the man you always wanted.’

Belle is horrified, “How could Mimi do that to me? She and Rex were still in love.”

“Maybe she decided to skip love and go for the Kiriakis money,” says Sami, “I’m so sorry. I didn’t want you to hear this but you needed to. It was miserable growing up with divorced parents and I don’t want that to happen to your kid.”

“I want him or her to have a mommy and daddy who are together and happy,” says Belle. Shawn comes out.

Sami leaves, “Bye Shawn D.”

“Douglas,” says Shawn, “That’s Douglas.” He turns to Belle, “What was that all about?”

Josh and his sparkling teeth return. Josh tells Abby he’s glad she asked him out. They go for some fresh air.

Jack listens. Inside, Frankie and Jennifer dress in the flapper and gangster costumes they have found. They dance.

“I can’t believe I’m doing this,” says Jack, “It should be me in there. I’ve gotta protect Jennifer and Frankie’s the man to do it.” He hides the radio as Abby and Josh walk up.

“Listen,” says Josh, “I hear music. I think it’s playing just for us.” Jack stares in horror as they kiss.

Patrick asks who Georgia is.

“That’s the unbelievable part,” says Blabbermouth, “Chelsea is Bo and Billie’s daughter.”

“You know,” says Patrick, “I actually told Billie I thought Chelsea could be her daughter. I can’t believe I was right. That’s great. I’m happy for them. How are you doing with this?”

“It’s a little daunting,” says Hope, “Chelsea hates all our guts. I can’t help but think DiMera has something else in store for us. Why did he make it this easy? The important thing is to protect Chelsea.”

Patrick leaves to find her. Hope asks him not to say anything. He doesn’t have to. Hope knows, so it will be all over town in no time.

Chelsea and Max go at it. He tells her to slow down. He wants to take her someplace special. He blindfolds her and picks her up.

Billie says, “It would kill me not to have any sort of relationship with our daughter.”

“We’ll have to take our time and understand what she is feeling right now. You remember what you thought when you found out Kate was your mom,” says Bo.

Billie says, “It took us years to get together.”

“Same with Victor and me,” says Bo, “I didn’t know who I was if I wasn’t a Brady.”

“But you and Victor get along right now and so do my mom and me. So we should be in a position to get along with her. I just hope it doesn't take years,” says Billie.

“There are no guarantees,” says Bo, “I want to go talk to our daughter.” Off they go.

Belle tells Shawn, “It’s not important. I can’t believe you almost slept with Mimi.”

Shawn says, “Sami has no clue what really happened.

Belle says, “She heard Mimi tell her mother about it.”

“Nothing happened between us,” says Shawn, “We were just hanging out and one thing led to another and we had a kiss. That was it.”

“I believe you,” says Belle, “but I’m not sure about Mimi. She’s going for my ex boyfriend.”

“Hey,” he reminds her, “you told me to move on. We did nothing wrong. Why are you so angry? You’re not jealous are you?”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt,” says Belle, “I think Mimi’s wanted to be with you forever.”

“She had a crush on me in high school,” he says, “But that was a long time ago. She still loves Rex.”

Belle asks, “What if Mimi really does love you? Do you think you could love her back?” Maybe, Shawn really seems to have a thing for whiners.

Sami gets a phone call, “Who is this and what do you want?”

Jack worries.

Jennifer asks Frankie if it makes him feel uncomfortable considering the first time they wore the costumes they were dating. Frankie says the memories are wonderful, but it’s just a memory.

“No,” says Jennifer, “you’re wrong.”

Caroline interrupts Josh and Abby’s blissful moment. They take off.

Caroline finds Jack and asks if he has seen Frankie and Jennifer.

“I think we’re locked together in this storage room for a very special reason,” says Jennifer. Yeah, the writers have about as much creativity as Max the dog.*

“It’s meant for us to revisit our past,” she says, “It’s was nice having this time together with you.” She kisses him just as Caroline and Jack walk in.

Billie and Bo arrive. Hope explains she ran into Patrick. Patrick went to find Chelsea.

Bo asks, “You didn’t tell him about the test did you?” Hope stares.

“Oooohhhh, Hoooooope,” moans Bo, “I asked you not to tell anyone. He could be waiting for his next order from DiMera.”

“All he’s ever done,” says Hope, “is try to help Chelsea. If he wanted to kidnap her he’d have done it before.”

“Bo has a point,” says Billie, “What if DiMera is using Patrick to get her away from us?”

“You guys are jumping to conclusions,” says Hope, “I’ll bet Chelsea went to Jack and Jennifer’s.”

Patrick gets to the garage but Max and Chelsea are gone. He picks up a piece of paper, “What are you up to Max?”

Chelsea says they could have done what she wants to do back at his place. He takes off the blindfold. “OMG,” says Chelsea.

Jennifer gives the standard line, “This isn’t what you’re thinking.” Jack says it’s fine. Caroline recognizes the clothes. She asks about the cups, gets them and leaves. Jennifer asks Jack how the meeting was.

“Everything’s right on track,” says Jack.

“We need to have a little talk about what I saw Abby doing earlier,” says Jennifer.

“Kissing a boy,” asks Jack.

Jennifer says, “They must have been the ones who had the music playing – mystery solved.”

Jack vows to kill Josh if he keeps it up.

Jennifer leaves. Jack tells Frankie, “Actually, it was you I wanted to kill, but it’s OK. You‘re dong what needs to be done.”

Caroline tells Jennifer she looked like she did when she was 17 wearing the costume.

“When I had that costume on,” says Jennifer, “I felt like I was 17 again.”

Shawn says he’s not ready to love Mimi. He’s moving on with his life. Belle is upset. She wishes things could be different. The nurse comes to get her.

“Go be with your husband,” says Shawn.

Belle leaves a trail of tears behind.

“Who is this,” asks Sami.

The voice on the phone says, “Do exactly as Tony DiMera tells you or you can kiss your precious life in Salem goodbye.” Tempting, but Sami will probably do as Tony says anyway.

Sami asks, “What does he want me to do?”

“It’s time for you to help him escape,” says the voice.

Hope stares out the window. She paces, “Bo and Billie are overreacting about Patrick. I know he only wants to help Chelsea.”

Max has a tent set up. Candles provide the light. Chelsea sits by the campfire. She thinks this is amazing. “We can go back to the garage and lay down on an oil slick if you want,” says Max.

“Stop it,” says Chelsea.

Bo and Hope find the empty garage.

Patrick sees the tent, “OK, Max, if you’ve laid a hand on her you’ll live to regret it.” FF.


Previews
========

Hope says, “I just think you should be careful in getting your hopes up, because she could fight you, Bo, and she could fight hard.”

Kate tells Nicole, “I want to know everything Sami is up to and you’re going to tell me.”

Chelsea cries, “Patrick, please don’t leave. I need you here with me.”

Bart tells Sami, “It’s time to pay the piper, or you’ll lose everything. No one you love is ever gonna love you again.”

*Editor's Statement: Prevuze officially apologizes to Max the dog, specifically, and the canine species in general for comparing them to Daze Of Our Lives writers. In addition, it has come to our attention that in the past we may have implied Daze writers are the mental equivalent of multiple species of primates, sea urchins, head lice and slugs. We sincerely apologize for defaming the mental capacities of these members of the animal kingdom.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO....I'm so glad to see the Editor's Statement apologizing to Max the Dog and all the other living entities that have been used to "denigrate" the DAZED writing staff. I was about to turn Prevuze into the ASCPA for cruelty to animals and defimation of animal character. HAHAHA

Doesn't anyone wonder how Frankifer's costumes from 20 years ago ended up in the church closet?

Everyone in Salem is related...isn't that the truth?!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

<< Even with the bad hair Patrick is still 100 times more attractive than Bo. >>

Heck, Max the dog is more attractive than Bo. OH, NO!! I'll get right to work an another disclaimer.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs