Monday, August 29, 2005

Competition At Six-O'Clock

Brady answers the door, “Dad, Granddad, what’s so important you needed to come over right away?”

“Victor and I have a surprise for you and Chloe,” says John. Brady goes to get Chloe.

Chloe welcomes them, “It’s really a miracle we’re all together again, isn’t it?” It’s a miracle the show is still on the air. Brady tells her John and Victor have a surprise for them.

“Well,” says Chloe, “It must really be something if you are both here together.”

Aw shucks,” says John, “It’s nothin’ much, just something we wanted to do. We know you have had a rough year, what with Chloe dying and all, so we decided to subsidize your wedding.”

“We want to throw you the biggest wedding Salem has seen in years,” says Victor.

Chloe says, “No, I can’t do this.” She runs off. Ya just gotta love the little nutcase, don’t ya?

Marlena has gone domestic. She found a cookbook and baked five loaves of bread. She asks Alex to try it.

He takes a bite, chokes, then smiles, “It’s delicious. This could be a good sign you’re starting to get your memory back. Baking is apparently something you love to do.”

“Gee,” says Marlena, “I don’t know. I followed the recipe but... What if it’s not? What if I’m not getting my memory back?”

“There’s one way to find out,” says Alex.

Bo chokes Patrick. The girls and Max come running in and break it up.

“What the hell are you attacking me for,” asks Patrick.

“You were attacking Chelsea,” yells Max, “I went back to the house to get her a sweatshirt and that was just enough time for you to force yourself on her.”

Patrick yells, “That’s what you were doing you lying little...”

Billie says, “All right, that’s enough. Chelsea, why don’t you tell us what happened.” The crowd is all ears.

Bonnie asks Mimi how it’s going. Mimi says she has been a waitress before, so Bonnie doesn't need to ask her that every time she sees her. Bonnie says, “Yeah, but I’ll bet the Java Café never had a bartender like the hot one I just hired. Check him out.”

“Mom,” says Mimi, “I’m not interested.” She goes to the bar screaming her order, “I need three brewskis, a glass of merlot and...”

“Merlot,” says Shawn, “That’s red?”

“Yeah,” says Mimi, “OMG! You are the new bartender? Have you ever done this before?”

“No,” says Shawn, “But I’m getting the hang of it.” He’ll be OK as long as the job doesn’t require anything resembling a thought process.

He sees Phillip hobble in. Belle eyes Shawn and the bar wench.

Kate says to herself, “Nicole said Sami was disguised as a man. Why? I have to figure out what Sami’s been up to.”

Sami bumps into Bart, who is dressed as a priest, “Oh, God.”

“Sami,” says Father Bart, “God and all the Hail-Mary’s in the Rosary ain’t gonna get you out of the predicament you’re in right now.”

Hope asks Chelsea what really happened.

Chelsea says, “Max and I were having a great time until I spilled cider on my blouse.”

Patrick says, “But I thought...”

“I know what you thought,” says Chelsea, “but I never said he attacked me.”

Flashback to Chelsea telling Patrick what happened. “No,” says Patrick, “I guess you didn’t say anything about Max attacking you.”

“So,” says Bo to Patrick, “you just decided to move in. How about – you left the dance and found Chelsea alone and vulnerable?”

Hope tries to get Chelsea to tell everyone Patrick attacked her. Chelsea hesitates. Hope says, “You can’t do that, can you? Because he didn’t. Tell everyone the truth.”

Shawn tells Mimi, “Sami overheard the conversation between you and your mother about us. The crazy part is Belle is acting like she’s jealous. It’s none of her business. I told her I have to move on, too.”

Mimi asks, “Was she OK with that?”

“I don’t care. Belle and I are over and today is the first day of the rest of my life,” says the old philosopher.

“We’ll drink to that later,” says Mimi.

Belle asks how Phillip is doing with the new prosthesis. Phillip says it’s is uncomfortable. He says he has a long way to go. He goes to show his mom the new leg. As he starts to go, he turns to the preoccupied Belle and asks, “Are you coming or not?”

Sami tells Bart she won’t go along. Bart says, “If you don’t play ball Tony will send these photos to everyone.”

Sami goes through photos of the make-up session and her as Stan, “No Tony can’t do this to me!”

“Brady, I apologize,” says Victor, “We didn’t mean to upset Chloe.”

“It’s all probably a little overwhelming for her. I'm going up to check on her,” says Brady.

Brady walks in and sees the little nitwit fiddling with her bandages, “Chloe, what are you doing?” Chloe stares.

John checks his cell phone. “Still nothing,” he says.

Victor asks, “Expecting a phone call from your wife’s doctor?”

“A courtesy call,” says John.

“Any idea why you haven’t received one?”

John says, “He’s got her in isolation.”

Victor says, “You’d think family and friends would be just what she needs. I assume you had him checked out.”

“Yeah,” says John, “through the usual channels and the Internet. I went to www.bogus-docs.com.”

Alex has Marlena’s file, “This will tell me whether you enjoy cooking. According to your two daughters, you were a lousy cook.”

“WHAT,” says Marlena, “I just made bread.”

“That could be a dormant trait,” says Alex.

Marlena demands, “Let me see that!”

“No,” says Alex, “If you knew what’s in the file it could affect your recovery.”

Marlena gets it, “That’s why you’re keeping me away from my husband.”

“Yes,” says Alex, “Your husband and the rest of your family. Precisely.”

Marlena says, “Truth be told, it’s a relief. I don’t know them, I don’t remember them and, I know it sounds harsh, but if I never see them again, I’ll be just fine.”

Chelsea says, I never said anything about Max – or Patrick – attacking me. I don’t know why everybody’s flipping out. The truth is, after Max left me I was kind of relieved to see Patrick. I didn’t like being on the beach alone.”

Hope asks, “What about your ripped shirt?”

“It was wet from the spilled cider,” says Chelsea, “so Max told me to take it off...” Patrick gives Max the hairy eyeball. Chelsea continues, “and get under a warm blanket. I ripped it when I was taking it off and that’s when Patrick showed up.”

“Yeah,” says Patrick, “I asked her what was going on and that’s when she put her arms around me.”

Chelsea says, “He wanted to take me home because he said Billie was looking for me. I didn’t want to go.”

Bo asks, “So Lockhart didn’t touch you?”

“He didn’t,” she pouts, “except for when I hugged him.”

Hope thinks she owes Patrick an apology.

“I don’t give a crap what you think,” says the little brat.

Mommy Billie says, “CHELSEA!”

Chelsea tells Billie, “I don’t want to hear anything you have to say.” She runs off.

Billie chases her. Hope tells Bo Chelsea is a master manipulator, “I know she’s your daughter. We should give her the benefit of the doubt, but I’ll tell you this – she lies. Don’t let her take advantage of you.”

Chelsea talks to her mom and dad in heaven, “How can you leave me here with all these people? Especially Billie Reed. I hate her guts. I wish she would go away and leave me alone.” And, of course, do I even have to say it? Billie stands there listening.

Shawn mixes the drinks.

Bonnie says to Mimi, “Is this place hot or what? And that Shawn Brady – ggrroowwll.

“Tony can’t do this to me,” says Sami.

“Tony can and will,” says Bart, “The only way you can prevent him from releasing those photos is to do what he says.”

Kate tells Phillip how proud she is of him. Phillip goes to break in the leg and say hi to Shawn. Kate says to herself, “I know someone who could help me.” She digs for her cell phone.

Sami protests, “I can’t break into my father’s computer.”

Bart asks, “Have you ever tried? Oh... I forgot who I was talking to, of course you have. Listen, Stan.... I mean Sami... Gosh, I hope I don’t make that mistake with someone around. We need someone to break into that computer and you are the only one who can do it.


Sami yells, “Do you want me to betray the whole free world?”

Father Bart says, “It’s either that or...”

Sami interrupts, “I lose everything and everyone I hold dear, yeah.”

Bart says, “Well said. What’s your final answer?”

Brady asks why Chloe took her bandage off, “I know you are anxious but it won’t heal overnight.”

“I’m just terrified it won’t heal before the wedding,” she says, “Now that John and Victor are paying for the wedding, I just feel like there is so much pressure. Maybe we should just elope.”

John says, “If I’d had more time I might have rejected Dr. North’s suggestion to keep Marlena in isolation.”

“Dr. North,” asks Victor, “That name sounds familiar.”

Victor gets a call from Kate. I’d like to buy you a drink,” she says, “I need your advice, Victor.”

“I’ll be right there,” says Victor, “Excuse me, John, I’ve got to go. If you’re having second thoughts about North, you should do something about it.”

“What is wrong with me,” asks Marlena, “I don’t care about seeing my family.”

“It’s just your amnesia talking,” says Alex, “This is quite normal.” Especially when the patient’s family is a whacked out mess. “In a few weeks you’ll feel like seeing them. My job is to keep a line of communications open to them.”

“You’re not going to make me talk to them are you?”

“You’re my patient,” he says, “I have to keep your wishes.”

“There is one person I don’t want to see,” says Marlena.

“Who is that,” asks Alex.

“My husband John,” she says.

John whips out his cell phone and says, “Marlena may have amnesia, but she is still my wife.” He dials.

Belle wants to talk to Mimi.

“I’m on the clock,” Mimi says, “and I don’t have anything to say to you.”

“I see Shawn’s here,” says Belle.

“It’s nice to be working with a friend. But you wouldn’t know what that is,” says Mimi.

Phillip walks up to Shawn. He decides he’d better just order orange juice so he won’t be wobbling around on his new leg. “What’s it like working with Meems,” he asks.

“I’m just helping Bonnie,” says Shawn.

My question was how do you like working with Meems,” repeats Phillip.

“Fine,” says Shawn.

Phillip says, “Belle and I both think you may wind up as more than friends.”

Victor arrives. Kate asks him, “Do you still have contacts in the DiMera organization?” Yeah, Victor feels really tight with Tony after his kidnapping.

Victor says, “It’s been a while, but I can check. Why?”

Kate says, “I need to know what Sami is up to. She took my boys and grandchild away.”

“Kate,” says Victor “It was your own doing. You got burned.”

“Well we both know what that’s like,” she says, “Victor, I want to see Sami destroyed.”

Sami tears up the photos. Bart tells her they have more of them, “We have enough to drop them as leaflets from planes.”

“Go to hell!”

“I probably will,” says Bart, “But in the meantime we need to get into that computer.”

Max and Patrick have a standoff.

Hope tells Bo she trusts Patrick with her life, “He’s not the enemy here.”

“And my daughter is,” asks Bo.

Hope snaps back, “Don’t put words into my mouth.”

“She deserves compassion but you side with the Boy Scout. I’m outta here,” Bo runs off to pout.

Chelsea tells Billie, “The only reason you came here is you can’t stand Patrick being more interested in me than you. Or was it the deathbed promise you made to my mother? You could even be making all that up. It wouldn’t surprise me if you’re using me so you can bunk with Patrick and maybe even get Bo back. If you had an adopted daughter you could...”

Bo walks in.

“Great,” says Chelsea, “Bo. I see the way you look at him is you’re not blind. You keep hanging in there hoping for a miracle. I used to feel sorry for you. Now I just think you’re pathetic.” Well, this relationship’s going to get off to a great start.

Alex tells Marlena, “You can’t ignore John. He’s a valuable part of our treatment. If you start having memories of him you may feel different.”

Marlena says, “I can’t imagine my life in Salem was that great. When I came here I felt this sense of relief, peace. The longer I’m here, I feel so... fulfilled. I made bread. I didn’t know I could do that. I feel euphoric about that. I’m afraid if I regain my memory and try to get back to my old life I somehow won’t be able to find myself again.”

Marlena gets a call. It’s John. She tells Alex, “It’s John. I can’t talk to him.” She hands the phone to Alex.

“Hello Mr. Black.”

John asks, “Can I talk to my wife?”

Alex lies, “She went out for a walk.”

John works his jaw and does a double-squint, “I’m just checking on her progress.”

“I’m sorry,” says Alex, “There is a lot of static on the line.” He turns to Marlena, “...lost the call. I'm afraid he’ll be up here soon if he doesn’t hear from you. You have to call him back.”

“Chloe,” says Brady, “I will do whatever you want to do. If you want to elope, let’s elope.”

“Do you mean that?”

“Yeah, we’ll go to Vegas and get married in an Elvis chapel.”

“This is crazy. We should get married at St. Luke’s like we planned,” she says.

“You’re sure,” he asks. Chloe stares.

“Why the hell won’t he let me talk to her? I don't have a good feeling about this,” says John. He makes another call.

“I’d rather have a real church wedding,” says Ditzo, “Isn’t that what you want?”

“Yes, Chloe,” says Brady, I’ve always dreamed of walking down the aisle with you.” Hugs. Wretch.

John makes a call, “Gas up the chopper and we’ll go pick up my wife.” He gets another call. It’s Marlena.

“It’s so good to hear your voice,” he says, “Look, uh, I called to see how things are going. I was thinking about coming up to see you.”

Marlena says, “No, don’t do that. I’m making a nice recovery and I think you’re being here would hinder that. I’m sorry.”

“No,” says John, “If staying up there is what will help, that is what you have to do.”

Marlena says, “If that’s what you think... Goodbye.”

She hangs up. John stammers into the dead phone, “I... love... you...”

“You were right,” says Marlena, “He was coming up here. But...” she takes his hand, “He would be in the way. The only person I need is you.”

Belle orders sparkling water. Phillip asks if Belle talked to Mimi. “No,” she says, “But I never meant to hurt her and I never meant for Rex to hear what I said about the abortion.”

Shawn shays he will talk to Mimi for Belle.

Bonnie walks up to Mimi, “Competition – six o’clock.”

Mimi looks over and sees Belle talking to Shawn, “Belle isn’t competition. Belle is moving on.”

“Once you have push-push with Shawn,” says Bonnie, “He’ll move on too.” Mimi rolls her eyes. Bonnie says, “It’s gonna happen.”

Victor goes to talk to Phillip. Kate says to herself, “Oh yes, Sami is going down.”

Sami grabs the pictures.

Father Bart gives his benediction, “So, keep the faith, bless you and get us what we need.” Bart leaves. Sami lifts the glass off a candle at a table and burns the pictures, “No one can ever find out I was Stan.” Kate watches.

“Trust me, Max, you don’t want to mess with me,” says Patrick.

“It’s time someone put you in your place,” says Max.

Patrick asks, “You think you’re the man to do that?”

“I know I am,” says Max, who has obviously failed to notice Patrick outweighs him by 50 pounds.

“Lets get this over with,” says Patrick.

Chelsea says to Bo, “Billie is trying to tear you and Hope apart. And the way Hope keeps defending Patrick, I don't think that will be too hard. If I were you, I’d find someone other than these two losers.”

“Stop it,” yells Billie, “You are alienating everyone who loves you.”

Chelsea is indignant, “Loves me? Are you kidding?”

Billie says, “Chelsea, listen to me. The reason we care so much is we have recently learned you are our daughter.” Nothing like picking a tender moment to drop the bomb on her.

“No.”

“Yes, Chelsea,” says Bo, “We have DNA tests to prove it.”

“This can’t be true,” says Chelsea. She slaps Billie, “You bitch.” That went well, don’t you think? Pan in on the little brat.


Previews
========

“I’ve got some news for you, Kate, about Sami and Tony DiMera,” says Victor.

Roman says to Sami, “Maybe you can help me by answering a question. It’s about your involvement with Tony DiMera.”

Patrick asks Hope, “So, do you trust Bo with Billie?”

Bo says, “Come here, Reed. We’ll be a family. It’ll be all right.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still chuckling over the photos. Especially Marlena's desire not to go home to the Whine-a-Lots. Of course, the biggest whiner is her daughter and the second biggest whiner is her soon to be daughter-in-law. Those are two big reasons to remain oblivious.

A random thought....I wonder if Lexi is listed on the bogus-docs.com site?

HAHAHAHAHA Prevuze is a great Monday morning pick-up.

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love DOOL but every character annoys me. do you think im strange?

i realized today that i had already predicted all of this from the last episode. but now i have new predictions.

thanks prevuze for you daily crack-up!

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous - you aren't strange at all. At this point, the only two characters I can think of that DON'T annoy me are Max (the dog) and Bart.

Well, and maybe Jugs & Doolie, but that's only because they are hardly ever on any more!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs