Thursday, August 18, 2005

From One Shrink To Another

Shawn and Mimi romp. Mimi stops things, “Let’s not go there. Sorry. I’m just confused right now.” And that would be different from other times... how?

“I think we both are,” says Shawn. And that would be...

“I miss Rex so much,” says Mimi, “Will we ever be able to move on?” Shawn stares.

Max and Chelsea romp. Oops. Billie and Patrick were in the neighborhood, so they thought they would drop in. Billie yells, “Get your hands off her! What do you think you’re doing?”

Chelsea states the obvious, “We’re having sex.”

“We didn’t,” says Max, “Your timing couldn’t have been worse.”

Chelsea yells at Billie, “Get out of my room. I don't want anything to do with you, ever.”

Brady tells Victor he has been praying he would come back.

Victor says, “They must have been powerful prayers, seeing as how someone else was praying I wouldn’t return. Now that I’m reunited with my wife. She will get exactly what she deserves.”

Marlena and Alex share a wonderful dinner in the cabin. Marlena says, “These are all my favorite foods, I just haven’t... I haven’t had them for years. Am I getting my memory back?”

“How much do you remember,” asks Alex.

Marlena says, “I don’t remember John or Roman or my family. There is something about the food. Why is it so familiar? How did you know, Dr. North...”

He interrupts, “I keep asking you to call me Alex.”

Marlena continues, “All right Alex. How did you know to make this food for me?” Flashback. Marlena asks, “Do you and I share a past?” Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?

Nicole starts to leave.

Victor says, “You’re not going anywhere. Nicole here is a cold-blooded killer. I had evidence in my safe.”

Nicole defends herself, “Brady, Victor tried to frame me, but we found out Colin Murphy was alive. Jan spears stole the evidence.”

“Ah, yes,” says Victor, “Jan Spears. Your partner in crime.”

Brady asks, “Jan spears was your partner, Nicole?” He turns to Victor, “The night you died Nicole handcuffed herself to me. She really needed an alibi.”

Victor says, “Yeah, I survived, no thanks to Nicole. Jan told me it was her idea.”

Brady says, “Nicole, I thought keeping Chloe away from me was the most despicable thing you had ever done, but this is worse.”

Victor puts his hand on Nicole’s shoulder and says, “I’ve waited a long time for this.” He grabs her throat and strangles her.

Chelsea tells Billie to leave. Billie tells her, “I’m not going anywhere. I promised your mother.”

“I don't' need a surrogate mother running my life,” says Chelsea.

Max says, “Hey, we’re two consenting adults here.”

Chelsea tells them to go if they don't like what they see. She says she knows what this is about. – Billie losing her daughter. She thinks having Georgia taken away was probably the best thing that ever happened to Georgia.

Mimi says she wants to get over Rex but can’t stop thinking about him, “At least you’ll be better off without Belle.” She hesitates, “Sorry. I hate being angry with her. I can’t forgive her.”

Shawn says, “Maybe not now, but someday.”

“No,” says Mimi, “I lost her and the love of my life all at the same time. Those were the two people I always counted on.”

“Now you can count on me.”

Mimi says, “It’s so weird. The four of us have been best friends for all the Days Of Our Lives. Well, thanks for listening. Belle is the whole reason we are friends. In high school... I have a confession to make. Before I met Rex, I was really hung up on you. Thing is, you never thought twice about me, did you?”

Chelsea asks how Billie would feel if this happened to her, “If you really want to help your daughter, stop looking for her right now.”

Patrick barks, “Stop it Chelsea.” He turns to Max, “Get dressed and stay the hell away from Chelsea. If I find you with her again, they’ll take you out on a stretcher.”

Billie and Patrick leave. Chelsea tells Max, “At least one good thing came out of this. I got Patrick jealous.” Oh, rriigghhtt. I forgot to mention – Patrick turned several shades of green as he was talking to them.

Max tries to inject a little reality, “The one he wants is Billie.”

Billie cries into the pool. She tells Patrick, “You heard what she said.”

“She’s mad and embarrassed,” says Patrick, “You can’t take it seriously.”

“You’re right,” says Billie, “She’s just a teenager. She just lost her parents. Of course she will lash out. So why does it feel like she just twisted a knife into my heart.”

Patrick says, “There was one thing she said that makes some sense. You wanted your daughter so badly, maybe you’ve started having maternal feelings for her.”

Billie cries, “Georgia keeps pushing me away.”

Patrick says, “You just called her Georgia. How can you say you’re not thinking of her as your own daughter?”

“You have nothing on me, says Nicole, “There is no proof.”

Victor says, “When Jan Spears sees me, she will talk.”

Nicole perks up, “OK, I’ll take you to her right now.” Brady tells Victor about Jan’s coma.

Nicole says, “Besides, Everything Jan says is a lie.”

“Gee,” says Victor, “Sounds like someone else we know.”

Brady asks Nicole why she did it, “So you could be with me?”

“No,” says Nicole, “I wanted Victor dead because he is evil and repulsive and I couldn’t live with the thought of sleeping with him again.”

Alex tells Marlena he has done research on her past. Marlena says, “That’s unsettling. You know more about my history than I do.” She changes the subject, “What is it about simple pleasures? I just feel so warm and happy. In the past I must have been loved and secure.”

“I’m sure you were.”

“You have a funny way of making me feel at ease as opposed to John, Roman, and my family. I feel anxiety around them,” says Marlena.

Alex says, “That’s why I brought you here.” He takes her hand. “Your hand is cold. It’s summer but it gets chilly here in the mountains. I’ve laid a fire, if you’ll excuse me.”

He starts the fire and some music, “Now, Doc, just sit back and relax.”

“You called me Doc.”

“That’s just a means to break down some of the barriers between us,” he toasts her, “To you, Doc, and your recovery.”

Marlena remembers another toast.

“What is it,” asks Alex.

“I remembered something.”

They go stand by the fire, Alex says “You want to tell me about it?”

Marlena asks, “Why am I remembering you and no one else?”

Alex says, “That’s good – just the way it should be.”

Shawn tells Mimi he never looked at her that way.

“I know,” she says, “Forget I asked.”

“You are a beautiful girl. But there was...”

Mimi completes his thought, “...Belle.”

“Yeah,” he says, “And how many years did she and I talk about getting married. I can’t think of my future without thinking of her. It’s so hard to accept she will spend the rest of her life with my best friend. I don’t know if I can love someone that way again. I want you to know that. There will never be another Belle. I won’t let myself be that vulnerable again.”

“I understand,” says Mimi, “I feel the same way. I loved Rex so much and it hurt when he left me. I feel like there is a hole in my heart as big as the one in your head.”

“At least we can go through this together,” says Shawn.

“Yes, as friends,” says Mimi, “Look, Shawn, I’m grateful to have you as a friend. I don't know what I would do if I lost you.” Hug.

“Wake up, Chelsea,” says Max, “Patrick wants Billie, not you.”

“I’ll change his mind,” she says, “Now I’ve made him jealous.”

“Is that what this is about,” asks Max, “We shouldn’t do this. Frankie always says...”

“Yeah,” says Chelsea, “And just what kind of love life does Frankie have?”

Max says, “He thinks you should get to know each other before you get physical.”

Chelsea doesn’t think things last anyway, “Look at Kate and Roman splitting. Billie is hung up on Bo. She keeps acting like my mother. Look at her past. She was a huge druggie and a slut, literally.”

Billie denies it, “I didn’t call Chelsea Georgia.”

Patrick says, “It’s OK if you start having maternal feelings for Chelsea.”

Billie wails, “What if she is right? What if I am a horrible mother? We were wrong about Georgia being dead. How come I didn’t feel she was out there somewhere? What if she thinks Bo and I didn’t want her? What if I am responsible for ruining her life?” Hug. Sob.

Alex and Marlena sit by the fire. Marlena says, “I keep remembering having moments like this. But they all seem to be with you.”

Alex tells her, “From one shrink to another would, you like an explanation? These memories are all signs the therapy is starting to work. We’re having transference. These memories may be with other men, but you’re projecting them onto me. Don’t fight having them. Let them come back.” Marlena stares.

Brady stares at Nicole, “I’m sorry. I never would have slept with her if I knew you were alive. I fell for it. I felt sorry for her.”

Victor tells her, “You’re a witch with a body that would seduce a saint. You got what you deserved.”

“And so did you,” says Nicole, “I hated you. I loved Brady very much.”

“Don’t lay that love crap on me,” snorts Victor, “I’ll never forgive you for doing that.”

Brady says, “I got a call today from the bank saying Nicole was transferring money to a numbered account in the Cayman Islands – 20 million dollars. The money is all she cared about.”

“No, that’s not true,” says Nicole.

“Now,” says Victor, “it’s time for you to pay, Nicole.”

“Look, Victor,” she says, “I deserve every penny for the hell you put me through.”

Victor is tender and compassionate, “Get the hell out of this house before I get my gun!”

Nicole whimpers, “I’ll get my things.”

Victor tells her to get out now. Nicole asks, “What about my clothes?”

“Pick them out of the dumpster in the morning.”

She asks, “Where will I go?”

“Frankly, Nicole, I don't' give a damn. Get out. Now.”

Billie says, “I shouldn’t have let Chelsea get to me like this.”

“There might be a good explanation,” says Patrick, “You’d better sit down.”

Max tells Chelsea to cut Billie some slack, “Billie was your rival with Patrick before you got to know her. She didn’t have to help you. I know what it’s like to be in your shoes. Who knows where Frankie and I would have ended up if not for Shawn and Caroline.”

Chelsea says, “Billie just wanted Patrick to think she was being nice, so she made me her pet project.”

Max asks, “And just how do you think you are going to get even with her?”

“I’ll think of something.” She opens her robe and walks over to him. She hugs him, “There is nothing Billie or Patrick can say or do to stop us. I want to have sex with you. I want you to make love to me.” Off comes the robe.

Shawn says he and Phillip will never be friends again, “And Belle and I...”

“She is responsible for Rex leaving me,” says Mimi, “She couldn’t wait two seconds for you to come back last summer. She had to have someone right there holding her hand.”

“We will be OK,” says Shawn, “It’s gotta get easier, right?” They hear the heavy breathing through the vent.

“God,
says Mimi, “that’s gotta be killing you. Could the walls be any thinner in this place?”

Shawn wallows in self-pity, “They’re together and I am on my own.”

“You are not alone,” says Mimi, “You have me – as a friend. Misery loves company.”

“Yeah.”

Victor kicks Nicole out. Brady pushes her out the door.

Outside, Nicole tells Brady, “Please don’t turn your back on me too.”

“Nicole,” he says, “You lied. As far as I am concerned you never had me. Go.” She walks off bawling. Brady goes back inside.

Gramps says, “Thank you Brady. I’m proud of you. Now it’s over.”

Brady says, “Thank God. Thank God you’ve come back to us.”

Outside Nicole stews, “It’s not over Victor, you SOB. I’ll get you and everyone else.”

Max and Chelsea are back in bed, “Maybe we shouldn’t do this,” says Max.

Chelsea asks, “Why not? Because of what Billie and Patrick said? I’m an adult. She’s not my mother.”

“Maybe Frankie’s right about falling in love before having sex,” says Saint Maxwell.

“You’re about 100 women too late.”

Max says, “Maybe I never took the time with them. I want this to be special with you.”

“Forget it,” she says, “I might sleep with you, but falling love with you? When it comes to love, I’m saving myself for Patrick.” Lucky Patrick.

Patrick tells Billie, “Tony said your daughter lives in Salem. She has a name we would recognize. From the smug way he said it, you might have had your daughter under your nose all this time.”

Billie asks, “What are you saying?”

Patrick says, “What if Chelsea is really Georgia?” Patrick doesn’t know for sure that she might be, but the big neon sign above Chelsea’s head flashing “Georgia-Georgia” gave him a clue.

Alex says, “It’s late. Time for bed. You need rest. Doctor’s orders.”

They blow out the candles. Stare. Flashback. Alex asks, “What do you remember, Marlena?” She runs upstairs crying. FF on Alex.


Previews
========

Sami says, “I swear, if someone tries to come between me and Lucas... I’ll just have to kill him.”

Billie looks at Tony and says tenderly, “You bastard, tell me who she is.”

John asks Kate, “What if all she remembers is being in love with Roman?”

“I remembered being in love with you,” Marlena says. “You can start,” says Alex, “by taking off your clothes.” Marlena says, “What?”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TigerLilly stole my comment. Can't wait to see the scene in the show.

At least it sounds like tomorrow we'll be spared anymore Frack discussions about "being there for Jen" after Jack is gone. That topic has been beat to death!! And at the top of their lungs in public places to boot.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs