Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Back And Forth, Back And Forth, Back And Forth

Not unexpectedly, the Wimbledon tournament preempted today's DOOL feed. In the past (for example, HERE or HERE or HERE), I have not been kind to Wimbledon or, as I have been prone to call it, Wimbledumb.

So this year I decided to turn over a new leaf and see if I could figure out what the appeal was. And what better way to do that than to attend the tournament? So I packed things up and headed for the land of strawberries and cream and video cameras on every corner.

It was very exciting and, of course, the talk of the tournament is all about Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova and her incredible upset of Venus Williams. The whole place is abuzz about how a relative unknown could defeat the second-ranked player in the world.

It was a shock to me, too. I was cheering for Venus all the way. Taking a page out of the World Cup Soccer book, I showed my support by tooting my vuvuzela every time she served, because I wanted her to know I was (say it with me) there for her.

Well, she lost in spite of my incredible effort. Actually, I'm back home now. I decided to quietly leave when I heard Venus' post-game interview. Asked why she lost, she replied, "Some nitwit in the stands kept blowing a horn every time I served and it rattled me so much I lost the match."

Oops.

Anyway, having seen things first hand, I still find it difficult to understand why anyone would want to sit in front of a TV and watch a ball go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, when instead we all can watch...

Carly go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, on whether she should tell Daniel about Chloe's (ahem) indiscretion.

Sami go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, about whether she wants to be with Rafe or EJ.

Melanie go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, over whether she should have married Phillip or stayed with Nathan.

Brady go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, about whether he should stick with Arianna or go with Nicole.

Bo and Hope go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, about who left whom.

Belle and Shawn go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, trying to find their way out of Salem Harbor.

There are more examples, but I think you catch my drift. Anyway, I guess the upshot of all this is I never realized how much DOOL and tennis have in common.

Make it a great day and join us tomorrow as we see the DOOL writers go back-and-forth, back-and-forth, back-and-forth, trying to decide whether to complete their third grade education.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuzea

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


13 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

The Alice Horton tombstone pic worthy of some serious spit ups!

4:14 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

In lieu of a Daze update, I plan to go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and than back again to Prevuze II. After viewing that clip a time or 20, I believe Prevuze deserves a humanitarian award for meritorious service to those traumatized by the Ken Corday interview. Prevuze rocks!! Somehow, I don't think I'm alone in that assessment.

5:13 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Even without a recap, Prevuze is spit-worthy.

If anyone is craving more today I suggest you go back and read the earlier Prevuze blogs through the "Here, Here and Here" links provided. Especially the third "Here".

The comments after that third "Here" post were a riot to read again.

Prevuze: Funniest Site on the Internet, Even in Reruns®

6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its actually worst this year we have 3 days of tennis lol. so that's only 2 days of prevue we would miss
the upside is we have the 2 most exciting sports to choose from tennis and soccer.if we had golf on now then it would be a triple threat

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

Now Prevuze, don't discriminate against those of us who love a good tennis match. And it's not just about the fit male bods tennis so gratuitously offers the female enthusiast. The reason I get so caught up in the game is for the adrenaline rush...gettting one up over your opponent, I guess. That what makes tennis exciting for me. But it sure is good to take a break from the back-and-forth, back-and-forth stuff once in a while and just enjoy a good match.

Thanks for the great recap, and have a great hump-day everyone!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Except for the occasional football game (when my team isn't playing, it makes me too nervous to see them mess up) I really don't watch any sports. But I would imagine the going back and forth and back and forth of a tennis ball would have the same hypnotic-snoozing effect on me that the cars of Indy or NASCAR going 'round and 'round and 'round would have. Or, as Anonymous said, the golfer going over and over and over the height of every single blade of grass within a three foot circumfrence of the hole until you just want to use your vuvuzela to TELL HIM TO HIT THE DAMN BALL ALREADY! Oops, sorry, I digress.

I'm going to take this as an opportunity to rest my weary carpal tunnel - - it got quite a workout the last week zapping thru every single Danloe scene. HA

Thanks for the Alice picture and we'll see what Prevuze has in store for us tomorrow. :D

7:56 AM  
Anonymous WingNut '75 said...

Okay - so I finally took the time last night to break my 2 plus year long boycott of DrOOL and went to nbc.com to watch the shows surrounding Alice's death and I've got a couple of comments I just had to post:

1) I thought Prevuze was taking some poetic license (I know - Prevuze take poetic license???) with their description of the shameless product placement ads. After seeing the shameless promotion of whatever cardboard/granola clumps Ally was eating, I'll believe anything Prevuze says about DrOOL's product placement. I couldn't believe it when they just started talking about it, and then when they zoomed in on the bag, my wife and I looked at each other and just busted out laughing.

2) This new goober they've got playing Will is just terrible! All he can do is stand in the background with a "deer in the headlights" look and stare. I got so annoyed every time they showed Lucas at Alice's funeral because there was Will in the background, staring.

3) After actually seeing it, I have to say that I'm even more disappointed in TPTB at DrOOL. It's unbelievable that they couldn't see fit to end the show where Alice died with a quiet zoom in on her picture. No! Instead, they have to try and pimp the stupid Danloe whose-the-daddy s/l. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

{Climbs down off his soapbox}

Okay - I feel better now. On to bigger and brighter things...No DrOOL today!!! Thankfully that didn't mean no Prevuze!!!

Now Prevuze, don't discriminate against those of us who love a good tennis match. And it's not just about the fit male bods tennis so gratuitously offers the female enthusiast.

No, it's also about the hot women with their big...eyes barely hidden from full public view :-)

Have a great Hump-day everyone!

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was it just me, or did the third "here" link remind you of the dialogue between Chloe/Carly/Daniel? The only thing missing was the "I can't let you see me until my scars heal" line.

Thanks for posting anyways Prevuze. Sadly enough, this was still one of the most interesting episodes in a long time.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

In lieu of a Daze update, I plan to go back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, and than back again to Prevuze II. After viewing that clip a time or 20, I believe Prevuze deserves a humanitarian award for meritorious service to those traumatized by the Ken Corday interview.

Between Twitter, Facebook, emails and this blog, I probably got as much comment over that clip as any I have ever done. I knew it would, which is pretty much why I put it up there. See, I wasn't going after the comments, but I knew I was really pushing some buttons by putting it out there. In other words, I was TOYING with you.

the upside is we have the 2 most exciting sports to choose from tennis and soccer.if we had golf on now then it would be a triple threat

Since golf is sacred, I'm glad you're not being sarcastic. I mean, you're not, right? I'm sure you're not. Yeah.

Now Prevuze, don't discriminate against those of us who love a good tennis match.

WHY NOT? They're discriminating against golf (I'm beginning to think there was some real sarcasm in that last post).

But I would imagine the going back and forth and back and forth of a tennis ball would have the same hypnotic-snoozing effect on me that the cars of Indy or NASCAR going 'round and 'round and 'round would have

OMG! Is there nothing sacred?

Or, as Anonymous said, the golfer going over and over and over the height of every single blade of grass within a three foot circumfrence of the hole until you just want to use your vuvuzela to TELL HIM TO HIT THE DAMN BALL ALREADY!

I can tell you've never had a beer riding on a putt.

we'll see what Prevuze has in store for us tomorrow.

I'm going to publish the rules of golf in Latin.

I'll believe anything Prevuze says about DrOOL's product placement.

Careful... you could get in real trouble believing what you read on this blog.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to worry about DOOL being cancelled because that would mean no Prevuze. But todays post reassures me that Prevuze is just as good without that crummy program.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the opening day of Wimbledon. It was my first time and I loved it! I don't normally watch it on the tele but when in London... I was also able to experience all the excitement over The World Cup. Tennis and Futball are like Gods in Europe!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

...until you just want to use your vuvuzela to TELL HIM TO HIT THE DAMN BALL ALREADY!

That had me laughing as much as anything else today.

BTW - last weekend my husband explained what a vuvuzela actually was. (Obviously I hadn't been watching any of the World Cup coverage). It gave the comments and pictures from last week's Prevuze a whole different slant.

Not necessarily a funnier slant - (my guess at what a vuvuzela was given the various contexts in which it was used was just as hilarious) - but different.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

"I was at the opening day of Wimbledon."...I hope you had a great time! :) Last time I was in London I was stuck at Heathrow because they had just bombed the Metro station near by(lucky me!)...I almost got arrested by airport security because I fell asleep on one of their blasted couches(since the British Gods blessed me with a 12 hour delay on my connecting flight to Spain)...I got hit on by every male student that wanted to crash on the airport bench next to me(the brits are so polite, how could I refuse :)...and the shopping in the airport was fantastic...best damm sandals I ever got(too bad the dog ate them as soon as I got back to the states). :)

2:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs