Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wimbledumb 07/01/09

Is it just me, or does it seem like it's getting to be a regular thing that something stands in the way of getting Prevuze out? We've had bad transmissions, broken cables, equipment failures and all sorts of difficulties beset us when all I want to do is get up in the morning, watch the show and report on it. Is that too much to ask?

Today, we didn't get a feed because of... one of my personal favorites...

Prevuze

I realize we have a reputation to uphold as...

Prevuze - Best sports blog on the Internet®

But we're just not tennis experts here at the Prevuze Compound. Although... come to think of it... one time (at band camp) when I was having lunch on the outdoor terrace of a too-too chi-chi restaurant, none other than Steffi Graf walked by our table. At the time, I didn't think it was such a big deal. I mean, I didn't ask for her autograph or anything but, then again, she didn't ask for mine.

Anyway, I had almost forgotten that little encounter (I'm sure Steffi, on the other hand, treasures it to this day). But now, in retrospect, I realize I was briefly, almost, just about, maybe, on the periphery of the inner circle of a tennis superstar.

Suddenly, Prevuze has a DOOL fantasy flashback...

Sitting on the outdoor terrace of l'Hamburger Brûlé, Prevuze' napkin flies off in a gust of wind. Prevuze jumps the iron railing between the restaurant and the sidewalk to retrieve it and bumps into a woman. "I'm sorry," says the woman.

"No," says Prevuze, "I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

"No," says the woman, "I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

"No," says Prevuze, "I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

"No," says the woman, "I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

"No," says Prevuze, "I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

"No," says the woman, "I'm sorry. Are you all right?"

"Wait-a-minute," says Prevuze, "You're Steffi Graf, the great tennis player."

"That's right," says Steffi, "And I recognize you. You're Prevuze, the idiot who has nothing better to do than watch DOOL."

"Well, yeah," says Prevuze, "But... what could be better than watching DOOL?"

"For starters," says Steffi, "Maybe something like falling into a pit of fire ants. So, uh, Prevuze, could I have your autograph?"

"Humpf," chokes Prevuze, "I don't do autographs. It's beneath me. But I'd like to have yours..."

Steffi obliges and writes, "To Prevuze, my best friend ever. And now that you've met me, you qualify as...

Prevuze - Best tennis blog on the Internet®

Prevuze snaps out of it, "Yeah, that's how I remember it..."

So, I never can figure out how this feed thing works. I guess what I get every morning is the feed to the US stations, but I always figured they feed it a day early so the Canadian stations can pick it up for their day-early broadcast. But I've got to believe there will be a show in Canada today, so why didn't we get a feed? I have no idea.

I'll check and see if there was a Canadian feed somewhere and if there was, we'll try to do some kind of an update, maybe tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, make it a great day and if you happen to bump into Steffi Graf, be sure to mention her old friend Prevuze says 'hi.'

Prevuze


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could it be because Wimbledumb is on for 2 days? No DOOL in the US Thursday or Friday.

3:39 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Since this is Prevuze - Best tennis blog on the Internet® - I will make the same prediction I made last year - one of the Williams sisters on the womens' side and Roger Federer for the men. Rafael Nadal is already gone so I think I'm safe this time around. I know absolutely nothing about tennis and I care even less. If the outcome of Wimbledumb is so obvious to someone like me, why bother with the broadcast? Better yet - why both playing? However, I must admit that watching tennis is infinitely more entertaining than - close your eyes Prevuze because I am about to type blasphemy - golf.

Sing it Mark Knopfler - I want my DOOL, I want my DOOL!!! Who knew? I'm officially a Daze masochist.

Prevuze thank you for relating to the faithful your encounter with tennis royalty. You've truly brightened up my hump day morning!

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's right," says Steffi, "And I recognize you. You're Prevuze, the idiot who has nothing better to do than watch DOOL."

I as a grateful PREVUZE follower - who by the way - didn't recognize half of the people in the DAZES picture - (thanks to PREVUZE) - object STRONGLY to the use of the word idiot - please please please do not lower yourself to the DOOL standards - you are at the TOP of the list in my book. Your writing - your creatively - your snarly remarks make my day. I am sooooo grateful I get to ENJOY PREVUZE everyday and you are NOT an idiot!

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up on a daily basis, especially when there are no feeds! Thanks for the laughs, and who the heck is that in the picture?

5:33 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

the Williams sisters

Are you sure you want to go that far out on a limb?

I must admit that watching tennis is infinitely more entertaining than - close your eyes Prevuze because I am about to type blasphemy - golf.

Sing it Mark Knopfler - I want my DOOL, I want my DOOL!!!


OK, I admit it, I'm kind of a golf nut. (I hope our previous commenter doesn't object to the use of the word 'nut' becasue I'm running out of self-depricating adjectives). I once played in a golf tournament with a broken leg, and my team won the tournament (true story). Under those circumstances, we felt we truly deserved the name we had given our team...

|
|
|
V
|
|
|
V
|
|
|
V
|
|
|
V
|
|
|
V

Are you ready for this?

|
|
|
V
|
|
|
V

The Sultans of Swing

5:56 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

I as a grateful PREVUZE follower - who by the way - didn't recognize half of the people in the DAZES picture - (thanks to PREVUZE) - object STRONGLY to the use of the word idiot



WHEW! For a minute there I thought this was going to be another lecture from someone objecting to the use of perfectly good English words in favor of obfuscated and convoluted euphemisms. For example, I have on occasion been known to refer to certain characters in Salem as idiots, morons, dimwits, short-bussers and, worst of all (but my personal favorite) REE-TARDS. It seems we live in such a sensitive and whitewashed world that we no longer can use such terms, even when describing fictional characters, and must resort to ridiculous terms, most of which end in "-challenged."

And if you play this game, they start objecting to the substitute terms because it just seems we can't criticize anybody for anything. So I get taken to task for saying things like Shawn D was a REE-TARD for driving his motorcycle through a church window and nearly killing Belle and Phillip, not to mention himself. Rather, I'm supposed to suggest he was experience-challenged or, just expressing himsel...

Oh, to hell with it. The guy's a REE-TARD.

Anyway, thanks for the nice comment and sorry for the rant.

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To anonymous - the guy in the picture is Chad who is Mia's old boyfriend. SC

7:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello people's. I was actually not taking another break, I just switched ISPs and the router took forever to get here.

I don't watch sports (boo!), so I will say that I am damn glad Chloe took a bite of that apple. It was agony waiting for her to munch on it.

Why Chad's there is a mystery though. OMG, where is Kenzie??

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Wow! I think what I'm most impressed with is the fact you recognized her as Steffi Graf. I don't think I would even if I opened up my front door and she was standing there with a sign that said "I'm Steffi Graf". Which reveals how much attention I pay to tennis.

Enquiring minds want to know, tho, after you were jolted out of your fantasy did you discuss it out loud to yourself so someone could walk up behind you and demand to know "WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" (or the now popular) "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!?"

Thanks for the enjoyable story today and looking forward to seeing what Prevuze has in store for us tomorrow! :D

7:27 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Wow! I think what I'm most impressed with is the fact you recognized her as Steffi Graf. I don't think I would even if I opened up my front door and she was standing there with a sign that said "I'm Steffi Graf". Which reveals how much attention I pay to tennis.

Since there is nothing much else to talk about today it seems it's kind of "tell all" day. My dirty little secret is I didn't recognize her at all. The fact is, one of the people at my table said, "Hey, there's Steffi Graf."

That pretty much tipped me off that it was Steffi Graf.



Enquiring minds want to know, tho, after you were jolted out of your fantasy did you discuss it out loud to yourself so someone could walk up behind you and demand to know "WHAT DID YOU SAY!?" (or the now popular) "WHAT WERE YOU THINKING ABOUT?!?"


No. I picked up a megaphone and shouted, "DON'T TELL ANYONE, BUT THAT'S STEFFI GRAF."

8:14 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

I settled down, all ready to savor my Prevuze shot this morning only to be initially disappointed the show hadn't fed.

I must confess. The rendition of Prevuzes near brush with an almost famous person and the resulting comments have been as much, if not more, entertaining. Love Prevuze creativity when DOOL bombs!!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO DOOL for two entire days in the US because of Wimbledon??? What am I gonna do with myself??? OH NO!!!... I forgot to take my medication this morning...Be back!

K, sorry...took my meds...sang a song to relad...deep breaths...AHHH...as I was saying this is sad news indeed...but since Prevuze always makes it up to us with a snarky recap or flashback of something relevant, I think I'll be able to make it till Friday, when we should have at least a glimpse at Monday's eppi. Thank you Prevuze for sharing all your flashback experiences with US...and thanks NBC(sarcastic) for ruining my week's end by putting something other than my coveted DOOL on, for 2 days no less!!!!

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found this link on HULU for the Days summer TV spot (I'm not sure what else you would call it)
A little odd in my opinion, but what about this show isn't?
Happy Wednesday!

http://www.hulu.com/watch/80451/days-of-our-lives-the-days-of-summer

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

We can always resort to writing our own episode.

I still giggle thinking about some of the outlandish stuff we thought of, like Marlena doing surgery on Tony's desert island using sharpened sea shells as scalpals.

I miss Deb's stories.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

http://fantasydool.blogspot.com/

Deb's stories?

9:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol, Brendamouse, I almost thought that was an actual plot. What I get for skimming. ha.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs