Thursday, June 18, 2009

An Eye For An Eye

The somber crowd gathers at Grace's funeral. Sami walks in and exchanges the stare of death with EJ. Roman walks up to EJ, "Not now... not ever."

Bo steps in, "This isn't the time, guys. This is a..." he leans over and Hope whispers into his ear. "Oh, yeah," says Bo, "A church."

"I wouldn't dream of disrespecting my daughter's service," says EJ, "It wasn't me who made her entire life a lie."

Brady and Arianna meet at the Java Café and talk about the sadness of the day. Arianna says she is concerned because Rafe has told so many lies for Sami. "If I were you," says Brady, "I'd only be concerned about EJ."

Father Matt counsels Rafe. Rafe is upset with God for taking Grace.

Will and Mia arrive. Will makes a crack about Sami being there with Grace's "father" Rafe and granddad Roman tells him to cool it. Will points out EJ to Mia and tells her he is Grace's biological father.

EJ turns to Nicole, "I have the papers."

Nicole asks EJ to forget the papers and just get through the service, "You have plenty of time to get revenge later. Take this time to grieve." EJ huffs, hugs her and dives in for a pre-funeral make-out session.

Rafe and Sami stare at Grace's picture, "She was what brought us together," says Sami.

"We'll forgive her," says Rafe, "She will be with us for all the Days Of Our Lives. It's the three of us against the world. You can make it through this, OK? I'm (say it with him) here for you." EJ watches.

Max finds Melanie at the hospital. He tells her he's there to 'dis-enroll' from med school. She shows him the nursing school application, "Max, I don't think I'm gonna go to London." Little do the good people of London know their prayers have been answered.

Will tells Mia EJ didn't know he was Grace's father. "Unbelievable," says Mia.

"No," says Will, "Not really. That happens a lot with my mom." Will says he hates all of Sami's lies but kind of understands this one.

EJ asks what Mia is doing there. Nicole says she is a friend of Will's. He's upset that a complete stranger is there.

Nicole goes into the sanctuary. EJ tells her he wants to hang back so he can say a prayer. Once Nicole leaves, EJ takes out his phone, "Is everything ready?" Stephanie walks in. We don't know if everything is ready but the fireworks sure are."

Stephanie walks up to EJ and sneers, "It's me, EJ. Untied. Walking around. Maybe you want to pretend you're not a monster. I pity Sami. She loved that child. But for you... you don't know what love is."

EJ points a finger at her, "You're lucky to be alive. You'd do well..."

SLAP!

Stephanie yells, "Don't you ever even think of threatening me again!"

"I promise I won't," says EJ, "Next time, I'll skip the threat and just crush you into a pile of cootie dust."

Phillip walks up and glares at EJ, "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I'm getting slapped," says EJ. He tells Stephanie to exercise some control and walks off. Phillip tries to comfort Stephanie as they go into the sanctuary.

Caroline comes in. Will is seated with Mia. He sees Caroline, "Uh-oh they're bringing in the big guns." Caroline comes over and asks to talk to Will. Will leaves with her. Nicole puts her hand on Mia's shoulder, "I know that you're (say it with her) here for Grace, and you should be."

Caroline walks up to Sami. Sami asks if Caroline talked to Will, "Did he agree to sit with me?" Caroline didn't know she was supposed to ask him to do something so extreme. Sami decides it's time to start the blame game and beats herself up.

Caroline takes the bait, "Nobody blames you."

"That's another lie," says Sami.

Brady shows up with Arianna. He talks to Nicole, "Maybe you should have had a service for the baby you lost."

Roman leans back in his pew and flashes his badge, "EJ, see this badge? I'm telling you... You hurt one more member of my family and I will turn it in and deal with you like you do with my family. No mercy. I'll see to it you have free meals at the Brady pub for the rest of your life." Roman walks away. EJ pulls an envelope out of his pocket and fiddles with it. For those of you who weren't paying attention five minutes ago, we have a flashback to his conversation with Stephanie.

Max suggests Melanie can visit him in London on her breaks. She thinks Chelsea would just love that. Max is glad she is staying there to do something important. Nathan bustles in behind them.

Stephanie obsesses over EJ and his crimes. Arianna tells Rafe she shouldn't have faulted him for helping Sami.

Brady tells Sami he's sorry, "I know any sane person would want to keep her kid form becoming a DiMera, and so would you." Hugs.

Bo and Hope hug and comfort Sami.

Father Matt starts the ceremony.

Nathan rambles in French, "Je ne sais pas ce que je dis, mais il semble bon."

Melanie introduces him to Max, "This is Maggie's grandson and deep, deep disappointment."

Max announces Melanie has decided to stay in the US, "I was asking her what changed her mind, but that just seems to be a mystery."

"You mean the reason she's staying is a mystery," asks Nathan.

"No," says Max, "Her mind is a mystery."

Prevuze

Caroline reads from Ecclesiastes, "There is a time to live and a time to die, and a time to waste the precious gift of life God has given us by turning on the TV and watching DOOL. "

Will stands at the podium and tells a few Grace stories. He can barely go on so father Matt gets up, tells him he's done a good job and guides him back off the stage.

Then Father Matt asks, "Does anyone else want to share memories?"

EJ stands, "I don't have any memories or sense, but I would like to say something."

Melanie says she doesn't want to let Maggie down so she's going into nursing. Nathan leaves. Melanie turns and threatens to kill Max.

EJ stands at the podium, "I am here to say goodbye to my daughter. You know my family means the world to me. The Lord causes us great pain sometimes, but it is in his children that we see his finest work. Each is so perfect and unique and we love them. So on this sad day, Samantha and Rafe, I trust you will take comfort in the memories you have of my daughter. She is gone but you will always have those memories. I never even held her. I have nothing." He walks off and stares at Grace's picture.

Anyone else," asks father Matt. Mia stammers, "Uh... I don't have anything to say I just wanna..."

She starts singing 'Amazing Grace.' Caroline picks it up. The crowd stands and joins in. Sami practically collapses in tears.

Max thinks Melanie should rethink nursing school and go on the lecture circuit talking about making spur of the moment decisions after meeting a guy. "I can't screw up Nathan's life," says Melanie, "but I can ruin yours if I move to London."

"You totally underestimate yourself," says Max, "If you think you can't ruin Nathan's life."

Father Matt gives the sermon. He asks God to grant them all peace and forgiveness. Communion ensues as Sami sits and stares at Grace's picture. EJ sits down behind her, "Have you been to confession, Samantha? Have your sins been absolved?"

"At least I'm sorry for them," says Sami.

Even the extras participate in the 'putting the flowers in the basket' ceremony.

As Mia leaves, she reminds Will that Grace would want him by his mom. Rafe and Sami deposit their flowers, the EJ and Nicole. EJ tosses his in like yesterday's trash. Father Matt calls for the last farewell.

Sami thanks Stephanie for being there, "I know it wasn't easy."

Stephanie walks up to EJ and makes a few threats herself. She turns to Nicole, "The next time you see your child remember the blood on his hands."

Phillip walks up behind Stephanie. EJ snorts, "You'd better learn how to control your woman."

Rafe and Arianna talk. Rafe thinks the big mistake was letting EJ find out at all.

Nicole tells EJ she knows nothing she says can take away his grief.

Roman hugs Sami, "You're strong, just like your mom. And just as nutty."

Everyone shares more hugs and offers of help which become null and void immediately after the service is over.

Rafe tells Sami it's time to go home. To what," asks Sami.

"Now," says Rafe, "You get to take care of Allie and Johnny."

"Right," says Sami, "Have you arranged for the babysitter?"

Max gives Melanie an open-ended ticket to London in case she decides to come and stay or visit. Melanie nearly breaks down and hugs him, "You're the dumbest brother in the world."

"You're the most interesting sister," says Max, "Let me know how the hunt goes." Nathan works at the nurses' station behind them.

"The HUNT," asks Melanie.

"The hunt," says Max, "You're looking over my shoulder. I don't even have to look to know who's back there."

Phillip and Stephanie are back at the mansion. He tells Stephanie he's OK with what she said to EJ. He leaves as Stephanie looks at the headline about Owen. She pops a few pills.

Finally, after taking a few vacation hours before she ever started the job, Mia works as a full-fledged barista at the Java Café.

A guy comes up to the counter, "Hey! Long time no see."

Mia turns and reels in shock when she sees...

CHAD!

EJ fiddles with the 'papers.' Father Matt announces the nuns from the Convent of the Holy Cross have finally made it. It seems they had one of those convenient flat tires on the way to the funeral. Nicole remembers telling Sister Teresa her name was Mary, "OMG! NO!"

EJ hands the 'papers' to Sami."

"What's this," asks Sami.

"That is the beginning."

Sami turns to Rafe, "It's a court order. He's taking Johnny."

"Just like you took Johnny from me," says EJ, "An eye for an eye."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


27 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Okay now I am pissed.

For crying out loud, every one on the show is soooo above EJ and so darn saintly - puhlease!

Roman leans back in his pew and flashes his badge, "EJ, see this badge? I'm telling you... You hurt one more member of my family and I will turn it in and deal with you like you do with my family. No mercy.

Roman shut the *$%& up. First of all, I would be pissed beyond belief if someone had LIED to me about my child (okay I am suspending reality here and since DOOL does that all the time it should be okay). Second, If anyone has the right to be there and be angry it's EJ. This whole episode is all about be afraid of EJ, watch out for EJ, I can understand what Sami did because of EJ. Well you know what? GOOD I hope EJ goes ballistic on the entire town of Salem and kills off everyone and we start fresh. Now that would be must see tv.

AH but now I am drawn back out of my fantasy. I wish the DOOL writers would make up their mind. Black EJ or White EJ - because they are not doing such a good job making EJ both (gray). Which pisses me off again because that would make a good story.

I can't wait for Nicole to get hers. I just want this long drawn out baby switching story line over with before the writers ruin it for me some more and I go back to not watching the show again.

I can't even bare watching the Melaine/Max/Mia/Chad story? What is going on there? Do I care - wait no I don't.

Okay, okay this is what I get when I don't have my coffee before Prevuze. Off to go grab a cup - or maybe two because this is once again back to being craptastic. My new recycled motto is = SSDD

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where the hell is Lucas??

5:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how certain fans are screaming that nicole must pay for her crimes, yet overlook that once again EJ escapes from his. He's no victim. And his santimonous cries about someone lying and hurting him should fall on deaf ears.

I will never feel bad that someone one upped that a$$

5:21 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Where the hell is Lucas??

Searching for that elusive clue?

5:26 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Rafe and Sami stare at Grace's picture, "She was what brought us together," says Sami.

Accuracy isn’t exactly Sami’s strong suit. Rafe and Sami’s childish antics in the witless protection program proved to be one of the major commonalities that bound them together. Additionally, Sami is a serial liar, and, for all of Rafe’s holier than thou attitude, he turned out to be quite the accomplished prevaricator. Rafe was Sami’s enabler. What an incredible foundation for a lasting relationship.

"Max, I don't think I'm gonna go to London." Little do the good people of London know their prayers have been answered.

…and the hopes of the DOOL viewers have been shattered.

He's upset that a complete stranger is there.

EJ ought to welcome strangers. At least they don’t hate him. However, if Lucas shows up, it’s time to duck for cover.

Caroline takes the bait, "Nobody blames you."

"That's another lie," says Sami.

In the Brady clan, lying must be genetic.

He talks to Nicole, "Maybe you should have had a service for the baby you lost."

Brady echoes my sentiments on that little issue. What DID happen to that baby?

"EJ, see this badge? I'm telling you... You hurt one more member of my family and I will turn it in and deal with you like you do with my family. No mercy.”

I agree with Berg. In this instance, Roman’s being more than a little self-righteous. For a change, EJ is the one with a legitimate grievance.

"I can't screw up Nathan's life," says Melanie, "but I can ruin yours if I move to London."

"You totally underestimate yourself," says Max, "If you think you can't ruin Nathan's life."

Max forgot to mention the countless viewers that Melanie has made miserable. Once again the sainted Marlena gets a mention but we continue to get stuck with Melanie. Obviously, there is no justice in Salem. Geez!

Bulldog, I’ve got to agree with you and the “boys”. The women in this soap are nothing but a bunch of mindless idiots. Thanks Prevuze for brightening up my morning because it’s raining again.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

He talks to Nicole, "Maybe you should have had a service for the baby you lost."

Brady echoes my sentiments on that little issue. What DID happen to that baby?


The same thing that happened to Don & Marlena's stillborn baby DJ. They're both still sitting in brown bags somewhere waiting to be buried.

6:00 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Was DJ stillborn? I thought he died of SIDS?

Of course, not that a little thing like "history" means anything on DOOL.....

6:38 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Little do the good people of London know their prayers have been answered.

Hey! Don’t OUR prayers count for anything?

For those of you who weren't paying attention five minutes ago, we have a flashback.

Um, sorry. I snoozed for a minute there. Can we have a flashback of the flashback?

Nathan bustles in behind them.

Boy, talk about a stranger coming to a funeral.

The same thing that happened to Don & Marlena's stillborn baby DJ. They're both still sitting in brown bags somewhere waiting to be buried

Yep, Cfish is right. DJ died of SIDS. But, holy crapoli, talk about great (or sick) minds! For some reason I thought of DJ the other day and wondered how Prevuze would have handled that whole story-line. Especially the part where the show never held a funeral or memorial service for the poor child. Now we know! Lolol

With all the threatening and slapping and improbable goings on, the episode at least sounds like it has some good parts to it.

I did have a small HUH?! moment when Philip walked in behind Stephanie. I thought he couldn’t make the funeral since he had to go to Chi-town on business.

Thanks for the fabulous update and pics Prevuze!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Anonymous said...
I love how certain fans are screaming that nicole must pay for her crimes, yet overlook that once again EJ escapes from his. He's no victim. And his santimonous cries about someone lying and hurting him should fall on deaf ears.

I will never feel bad that someone one upped that a$$


I am not the only one that needs coffee this morning. You need to keep on rootin for SAFE/LUMI that will help keep the numbers low for viewership and ultimately put the nail in the coffin for Grace, I mean the show. No one on this show is above doing bad things. That is not the point. If you are calling Sami a saint - than clearly you are watching a different show than I am (which I confess I would rather read Prevuze who takes the hit for watching the show for me on most days).

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EJ's not being a victim has nothing to do with Sami not being a saint.

The fact is he's done much worse. He's ripped open people and stole organs. Yet his fans want there to be hell to pay become EJ is upset.

When it was everyone else crying while EJ laughed it up, that was all right.

Now that he's getting his turn, Nicole is the evil one to poor whittle EJ? EJ has never paid for his crime but Nicole deserve hell because of what she did to EJ? Sorry. Not buying it.

He's furious. He's angry. Well, suck it up just like he basically told all his victims to do.

7:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Black EJ or White EJ - because they are not doing such a good job making EJ both (gray),"

I agree with Berg here. I loved EJ after Kate affair (gross) when he was pining for Sami when she was pining for Austin. He was the "I love you for who you are - flawed" lover Sami needs, vs. Lucas or Austin who always want her to change. Now, Rafe is that "regardless" boyfriend - but she hasn't lied to him, yet. Anyway, point is, then EJ became a Dimera and this is he good? is he bad? confusion is getting old. I'm surprised people are still 'lumi's' - Didn't anyone pay attention to the italian/irish history flashbacks, Colleen's letters - Sami and EJ are DESTINED to be together! (Those of you who used to watch Passions will understand this fate story line from Sheridan and Luis, Teresa and Ethan. Wait. Luis and Ethan are both on Days now. Huh.)

He's ripped open people and stole organs.

Who's organs? I don't remember that story line. Maybe it's figurative.

-TZ in ND

7:30 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

I think the lumi fan was referring to Steve (didn't he get his kidney stolen for Stefano).

The fact is he's done much worse. He's ripped open people and stole organs. Yet his fans want there to be hell to pay become EJ is upset.

WHAT? Are you for real? I mean I understand rootin for your couple but really have you not seen some of the things Sami has done in the past? hahahaha at least you made me laugh. I love the evil side of Nicole. I can't wait to see her pay back because it makes for great drama. See, I like to be entertained (and I don't take this show too seriously) and I find Nicole's antics very entertaining because I love to hate her (I don't really hate her - see fantasy vs. reality?)

Oh I so enjoy these types of exchanges, they amuse me.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

-TZ in ND
Hey Lumi/Safe fans like to surface every year like the groundhog on groundhog's day. It can't be helped and makes for excellent entertainment :)

Yeah, I agree the writers are not doing a good job of making EJ gray. I don't get what they are doing. But Safe is making me sleepy.

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

He's ripped open people and stole organs.

Who's organs? I don't remember that story line. Maybe it's figurative.
TZ - EJ had Kayla kidnapped and made her remove one of John's kidneys for Stefano. All done in a warehouse with a pocketknife more or less.

Now, this could either be a sign my coffee isn't strong enough this morning or I've watched too many DOOL gatherings. But the Max/Melanie stuff I was picturing going on at the funeral. And it all seemed perfectly normal to me! HAHAHAHA Well, remember (who's was it?) the wedding where everyone in the pews kept getting up and wandering in and out and having conversations and nobody was paying any attention to the ceremony at all? I thought this was one of those times.

Loved Roman hugs Sami, "You're strong, just like your mom. And just as nutty." Amen.

And "Cootie dust" - please add to the Prevuze dictionary.

Thanks for at least trying to wake me up with some much needed laughs today, Prevuze! :D

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Saggy Baskets said...

EJ gets paid back for helping take a kidney, I don't mind.

Ej getting paid back for Sami lying? Doesn't compute. One has nothing to do with the other.

I love Melanie and I'm glad she's sticking around. I hope Ej does turn Stephanie into a pile of cootie dust so Phil can re-enter Melanie's world.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

~My problem with EJ, is that the writers are trying make him noble, or anguished, or human. But all his actions are completely contrary.

He seems baffled that Sami or other parties are afraid of him, deceive him and actively dislike him, when he just about openly plots murders and kidnappings before noon.

I like Sami, Nicole, and Melanie. All jerks. But they at least realize why certain people don't like them- even Stefano possesses this self-awareness.

EJ: I can't possibly see HOW trying to murder Philip would make her afraid of me!

EJ seems oblivious. He isn't as 'gray' as maybe the writers wanted him to be. He is either 'black' or 'white' (mostly black) depending on the scene. Victor, is a nice shade of 'gray.'

"It's a court order. He's taking Johnny."
And she was afraid he would one day use his power to take their child away. Perish the thought.

I suppose Bulldog was right and she'll be going on the run. Nicole will probably be on the run soon enough too.

~I'm a 'lumi' fan by default. I just don't like anyone else they're paired up with. I'm still lukewarm on 'safe.' And I just about hate Chloe.

~And who the heck is Chad? Is he Grace's father or something??

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Nicole will probably be on the run soon enough too.

Since the actress is pregnant and there is no plan to work the pregnancy into DOOL, Nicole will be gone before a piece of scenery is needed to hide her expanding belly.

Klaus - Chad knocked up Mia.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for recap!!!

Safe is the most boring couple I have ever scene. I wish Sami would be grey again. No one is perfect but geez is this the Walton's I'm watching.

When is EJ going to get his brains back? Love the new haircut. I can see him face again.

Nicole, honey, you should feel guilty for what you are doing. You are letting the man that you love grief for a child that isn't his just in order for you to keep your secret. Had you been honest and marriage was all that he would have stayed with your regardless. Who am I kidding we both know he would have dumped your butt in a hot minute.

Stephanie love the slap but man when the actor gives you permission to hit SLAP him. I really hope the editing was off. I know it was off when EJ/James punched Rafe/GG. I mean remember the b*** slap gave Patrick. You couldn't see it but man did it sound good.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Ave said...

I hate what the writers are doing. One day Sami says EJ is great father and now he is evil. GMAFB. I feel like the writing department is on drugs. Keep in consistent. The rest of us are trying to debate on the scenes here LOL.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. I should write in the sigular form when I talk about stealing organs. Because he stole one from John. Yet who cares, right? And let's overlook that he gleefully tortured Steve and half of the town.

Grey is not only a description for evil people. Spiderman's gray but good. Batman is gray but good. Lex Luther is grey but evil. So was roger thorpe. So is EJ.

So stop excusing action by saying he's not being his gray self when he's doing evil. EJ is evil.

And why is EJ's evilness compared to Sami? Why is it that to hate EJ you have to like Safe or Lumi. I like Nicole. I'm tired of people ranting about the character yet pitying this guy even though he constantly destroys lives.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Klaus, I totally get you. I even applaud your Lumi status, you are fairly sarcastic to ALL DOOL characters. Regardless. Which I think is an important distinction.

EJ seems oblivious. He isn't as 'gray' as maybe the writers wanted him to be. He is either 'black' or 'white' (mostly black) depending on the scene. Victor, is a nice shade of 'gray.' Amen Brother you said it. This is what I was trying to say.

I am also not comparing Apples to Oranges. I am just saying you can't be all down on EJ for doing bad, when every one on the show is also to blame for their deeds - why single someone out? Because you want to prove your own agenda.

And why is EJ's evilness compared to Sami? Why is it that to hate EJ you have to like Safe or Lumi. I like Nicole. I'm tired of people ranting about the character yet pitying this guy even though he constantly destroys lives.
Uh..I never said that. I like Nicole too (remember I love to hate her?) and there were times I loved to hate Sami (See - I don't really hate anyone). I just am good at spotting Lumi fans a mile away. You have your own agenda that's all. I am an EJAMI fan but I admit that I am (on a side note the Melaine/Chad/Mia/Nathan drama is boring me to tears). What I love about Prevuze is it is an equally opportunity forum. You cannot take personally any attacks toward your favorites - bottom line. I call it as I see it.
EJ is justified in his actions. Suffer Sami suffer mawhahahahahaha!!!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new haircut. I can see him face again.

I don't think it's the haircut as much as it is the use of half a jar of product on his hair to keep it slicked back gansta' style. Philip's got the same lame-o look going. We're all badass. Oooooo, scary. HA

I don't care to step into the who's evil, who's good, who's the color of putrid meat debate. The problem, as has been pointed out before, is that the characters are never consistent.

While no one is a saint or a sinner all the time (well, almost no one), they usually don't whipsaw between the two extremes at the drop of a hat.

Unfortunately, DOOL writers have never seemed to be able to write a complex, believable character.

Maybe it's the overall tone of the show set by the producers - everyone and everything is bigger (and more moronic and more cliched) than reality. I can't believe every writer they have ever had really writes this badly.

KOTU

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I didn't know Ari Zucker is expecting. Leslie - always first with the hot scoops!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous leigh497 said...

This will be my 1st time adding comments. I have been watching this show for 20 years and since I now work I read Prevuze to stay up to date (plus the extra notes are hilarious!).
I just have to say something about Stephanie - would the writers please stop making her fall apart?!? Didn't she already have a nervous breakdown when Ford raped her/got killed? For a supposed kick butt ex-race care driver, she DOES NOT handle stress well at all. It makes no sense - oh, right, it's DOOL. Where are Kayla/Steve? We're supposed to believe that overprotective Daddy Steve wouldn't come after the Dimeras and Owen & kick some butt? Outrageous!
I don't know what to make of the EJ/Nicole/Rafe/Sami SL - Sami shouldn't have lied about the pregnancy or shouldn't have told EJ the truth about Grace at all. Did she think they could grieve together or did she lose her mind & forget that he's a vengeful crazy man - remember, that's why she hid the pregnancy in the 1st place. I guess we're supposed to deduce she's insane with grief... If Sami had not lied about the pregnancy, Nicole would have never had the opportunity to switch babies. Of course, the writers would come up with something assinine, I'm sure. So she had to lie so we could have another baby switch SL & to bring Mia into the pic for Will. & Max has to move to London because Will can now move into his room at Caroline's. All makes perfect sense - well, at least in DOOL land.
I don't like the writers focusing on the youngsters in Salem. They did this back w/ Salem High and all those young actors back in the day. It started off awful and only got decent again when they graduated. Do we ahve to endure this again?!? The writers really need to start reading viewer comments & take their cues from that.
One last thing, can we please kill the Kate revenge SL - Kate should accidentally poison herself & go into a coma. Lucas needs to find someone else who actually loves him & will be faithful. I used to like Chloe but now she's just irritating - she needs to be slapped and go to Van Couver to tour til her brain comes back. Daniel - used to like him too - now he's just disgusting - his character not his looks. :-) Hopefully, the writers will redeem him somehow.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol, I went to shave and look at all the comments.

~Leslie, thanks. I had a feeling that's who he was. Nicole can hide behind boxes while she is pregnant. I always imagine being on the run with them living like hobos, jumping train cars.

~Anon.
And let's overlook that he gleefully tortured Steve and half of the town.
You should, I have. If you hold characters to standards, you'll be disappointed regularly.

Gray is a description for characters who behave immorally and sometimes illegally for a greater or noble purpose. Victor and arguably Kate and Stefano are supposed be of this mold.

EJ and Philip seem to really want to be a part of this club but their actions are so extreme either way, it's annoying and confusing. Especially when the characters are seemingly bewildered that the others won't treat them as 'gray' as they want to be.

It's like each character has a bunch a writers and none them of sit down with each other to discuss what direction the character is suppose to go in.

~Berg. I liked Ejami when EJ was trying to be 'good' and Sami was a (bigger) brat. I did not like the last 'lumi' because Lucas was far too controlling. Then the writers make EJ malevolent out of nowhere, Sami becomes a (bigger) crybaby, and then Nicole and Chloe come out of nowhere. And I have no idea what happened. lol.

~Yes what KOTU said. Consistency. lol

~And what is the deal with the Kate vengeance thing? She wants to kill Daniel and Chloe? Not that I mind, but still...

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TZ in ND says...

"So stop excusing action by saying he's not being his gray self when he's doing evil. EJ is evil."

EJ is not evil, no more than Sami. That's what I love about the EJ Sami connection, before it came out he was Dimera - when he was EJ Wells. He had such a hot, confident, gonna get what I want and I want Sami bad streak to him, vs. Lucas and Austin, who have no vices (if you don't count past alcoholism.) You can't pair Sami with a choir boy. I agree with someone, can't find the quote, Rafe is just an enabler. She needs to deceive him and do him wrong royally, that will be the test of the relationship. And in the pattern of DOOL, whatever that huge secret is will come out at their wedding. Dun dun duuunnnn.

"Lucas needs to find someone else who actually loves him & will be faithful."

Ha ha ha. 1) can ANYONE think of any relationship where the couple has been entirely faithful? And 2)who would that be? Arianna is possibly the only character within that age group that he hasn't married already. He's just so boring. They really forced the Chloe/ Lucas connection. There's no chemistry there.

I don't mind the Mia/Chad/etc story line, Salem High. I feel really bad for Mia - when it comes out that it's her daughter that's dead, can you imagine? I know their fake - it's all fake - but you gotta feel for a 16 year old who is sitting at this funeral not knowing her daughter is dead. On another note, though, MIA is the worst actress DOOL has EVER had, which is a huge statement (Austin, Nick, Chelsea...). She has NO expressions. None. I like her character/ story line, but I get really annoyed with her dead in the eyes line delivery.

Remember when Sami (Alison Sweeney) was pregnant the first time and they 'hid' it - she was sooo fat at the end when I think Austin dumped her at the alter and then she became a guy and terrorized the town. That was hilarious!!!!!!! Sam? Good times. They may keep Nicole there until the very end that way. I don't hate Nicole, I actually feel sorry for her too because EJ doesn't really love her. It's like watching Chloe and Lucas, you know she doesn't love him. You got to feel sorry for the person who loves their partner way more than their partner loves them.

Finally - I really just meant Gray as in, not all black, not all white. I like how people are trying to define it deeper than that:

"Gray is a description for characters who behave immorally and sometimes illegally for a greater or noble purpose."

Yeah. That's what I meant.

I truly don't remember the Steve torture story line. Don't know where I was???

Until tomorrow...
TZ in ND

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

I think the writers turned EJ from evil to gray so they could hook him up with Sami. But once that was over they tried to transition him to gray again, but now that Grace is dead and he feels like he lost a connection with Sami he's turning evil. It kind of makes sense...people grieve in different ways. The psychology of it would be about right, because without Sami EJ feels lost and perhaps trapped in his marriage to Nicole. Just my thoughts...Oh, and I like the gangsta' do for EJ. Suits him.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs