Monday, October 13, 2008

Hosting An Alien

Nick sits at the bar in the pub and pounds down a brew as Melanie walks up. He sees her and decides this would be a good time for another. Melanie is, oh-so-concerned he's drinking. Nick is oh-so-concerned he's not drunk enough to endure a conversation with her.

Bo comes in to see Kayla and they chat about the Trent Robbins case. EJ and Nicole walk by outside. They are there for the paternity test. Nicole says, "I'm glad you came with me. I know you just want to be sure. I know you've been through a lot. Including me. You just seem to cut everything in our relationship short because of Sami."

Sami bounces around the room and finally has Lucas sit down, "Wait until you hear this. You will freak out. This is the mother of all problems. That slime bucket EJ got two women pregnant."

Lucas jaw hits the floor, "HOLY... Are you saying..."

Sami jabbers, "I am saying I am not the only woman EJ DiMera knocked up." Lucas laughs.

Stephanie looks at Trent's wallet, picks up her phone and calls the cop shop, "Is detective Brady there?" As usual, Bo isn't in so Stephanie says she will call back.

Stephanie starts to pack up the wallet and leave as Max walks out, "Where are you going with that wallet?"

"Shopping?"

Lacey the evil babysitter meets Lexie in the park, "Do you want me to watch Theo while Abe makes the big announcement and declares his candidacy?"

"No, Lacey," says Lexie, "I have to tell you we will no longer be needing your services. You're fired."

Max says if she turns in the wallet she will implicate Melanie, "You accused me of being the murderer, then you accused her. So which is it? Is it me? Is it my sister? You've gotta make up your mind." Stephanie whines, whimpers, snivels and assures him she would make up her mind if she had one. She thinks Max needs to stop protecting Melanie. She tosses the wallet at him so everyone's fingerprints can be on it, and says it's evidence and they have to turn it in today.

Lacey is stunned. Lexie lectures her for being inattentive. Lacey freaks, "I made a mistake, who doesn't?" The queen of mistakes doesn't answer.

Bo tells Nicole it's a smart move to keep her lawyer close at hand. They banter about who may have killed Trent. Nicole points out Bo's career is tanking. Bo warns, "I'll be watching you." He leaves.

"To think," says Nicole, "He was once my adoring stepson. Is that creepy or what?" EJ says with what Sami put him through with the twins he needs to know who her baby's father is. "Well, I'm not Sami," snorts Nicole.

"You're a lot alike," says EJ, "More fertile than the farm belt."

Lucas is having the time of his life. He thinks this is the most entertaining situation since his last visit to the Salem Strip Club, "I can't believe it!"

"Yep," says Sami, "Nicole is pregnant. Knocked up. Hosting an alien. How could he let one slip past the goalie with that horrible woman?"

Lucas stops chortling long enough to say, "Maybe this is a good thing. Maybe the DiMeras will go after her kid and leave you alone." Sami gives him her Lucy Ricardo stare. Lucas catches on, "EJ doesn't know about the baby yet, does he?"

Lacey grovels and begs. Abe walks up. He hands Lacey her final check, "We wish you the best."

Unfortunately, there is no exorcist around. Lacey screams, "THE HELL YOU DO!" She stomps off.

Abe turns to Lexie, "That went well. I think we made the best decision." Translation: It would have been a better decision to put their life savings into the stock market two weeks ago.

Max says he can't rat out his sister. Stephanie wheedles and Max decides he has no option except to destroy the wallet.

Melanie keeps up the lecturing, "Nick, this isn't right. You just got out of jail on drunk driving charges and you're drinking a beer for breakfast."

Nick assures her, "I'm OK. Besides, have you ever had Caroline's scrambled eggs? Where do you think Dr. Seuss got that 'green eggs and ham' idea? "

Stephanie and Max argue about whether he can destroy evidence. Stephanie points out the wallet may clear his mom. Max has one of his rare lucid moments and gets it. Hugs.

ABE CARVER FOR MAYOR! The voters want change and that's all they'll have in their pockets after he's elected. Abe thanks Maggie for letting him use Chez Rouge for his big announcement. Maggie takes Theo back for cookies. Lexie broods. Abe assures her Theo is fine. Lexie wishes him well with his upcoming speech. Abe vows, "Nothing is going to stop me from winning this race."

The babysitter from hell stomps and huffs. She stops and looks at an Abe Carver for mayor poster, "Honest Abe my ass!" she calls and asks for the number to Mayor Moron-o's office.

Nicole asks, "Are you comparing me to Sami in the best ways... like, you know... we're both just so sweet and adorable?"

"Right," says EJ, "And easy."

Nicole tells EJ, "This baby is a new beginning to me. All you care about is yourself and how it affects your life."

EJ insists that isn't true, "I'm way more concerned about how the baby's wacky mother will affect my life."

Kayla walks up and announces it's time to go do the ultrasound. EJ says, "And the paternity test." He gets a call and walks off.

Kayla asks Nicole if Stefano knows about her impending bundle of joy.

Lucas says if Sami lies to EJ she's also lying to Allie, "What did your parents say about all this?" Sami changes the subject and Lucas figures out she didn't tell them. Sami says she knows they would have said she should tell EJ the truth, "Would you like to know what Mom's reaction to Nicole being pregnant was? She said thank God it's not me who is pregnant."

Lucas says, "All right, so you're not gonna tell your parents. You're not gonna tell the baby's father. You wanna lose EJ to Nicole?" Sami says she will do anything to make sure she does not raise another DiMera baby.

Abe schmoozes. Lexie tells Maggie Theo liked Lacey but likes Chelsea better. "He really does have problems," says Maggie.

The demonic babysitter introduces herself, "I'm Lacey Hanson, Mayor. It's an honor to meet you. I think I may have some information you need before Abe Carver announces his candidacy."

Since Melanie won't leave, Nick has another beer. She yanks it from him and tells him he shouldn't be drinking. She blames herself for all his troubles. She advises him to stay away from her.

Max and Stephanie go into Bo's office and give him the wallet hermetically sealed in a baggie. Bo is stunned, "How the hell did you guys get this?"

Lexie gives Abe an Obama fist butt for good luck as the ceremonies start. Evan kicks things off, "Ladies and gentlemen... and Lexie... I'm Evan Sayers and I have the honor and privilege of introducing Salem's next mayor..."

Mayor Moron-o watches on TV and makes notes. Lexie looks into the crowd and sweats when she sees Lacey walk in.

Kayla examines Nicole. EJ comes in. "Everything looks fine," says Kayla, "I think she may be pregnant." EJ reminds them he needs to know he is the father. Kayla runs off a picture of the ultrasound and hands it to Nicole. She goes for a nurse to ask her what a paternity test is.

EJ apologizes for upsetting Nicole. Nicole says, "I just want you to know you can trust the mother of your child, as long as you're not sitting in a hot tub."

Lucas lectures and mocks, "There is no way you can hide this from EJ. Sami says she will figure out a way. She asks him to promise not to tell anyone, "No one is to know I'm pregnant."

"How are you going to keep that a secret," asks Lucas.

"I'll just tell everyone I'm now buying my clothes at Salem Tent and Awning."

Max hems and haws. Stephanie tells Bo she thinks Melanie planted the wallet. She thinks the person who took it is the murderer. Bo takes it to dust it for prints.

Stephanie tells Max they did the right thing.

Nick says he can't stay away from Melanie, "I'm drawn to you like a moth to a flame."

Melanie thinks that was lame, "Maybe that's why I like you. That and the fact that you're pretty cute."

Abe steps up to the podium, "I am honored and humbled. And Salem is screwed..."

Lacey brings things to a halt, "What you are is a man who blames innocent people for your own stupidity!"

Abe tries to keep control, "Lacey... this isn't the time or place."

Lacey screams, "The voters need to know the truth. My name is Lacey Hanson. I am the Carver's babysitter. I've spent more time with Theo than they have. He's autistic and they ditched him and left his care to me."

Abe and Lexie insists Lacey is a disgruntled former employee. Lacey piles on, "Your wife couldn't stand the way you looked at me. I ignored your smiles and winks and innuendos because I love Theo."

Abe begs, "Lacey, don't do this."

Too late. The sharks from the press smell blood.

Lacey paints the grim picture, "I was babysitting and Theo took off without telling me where he was going. He has no respect for authority and The Carvers blame me and that's why they fired me."

Mayor Moron-o watches and applauds. Back at Chez Rouge, the crowd oohs, aahs and gasps. Evan tells Lacey to leave.

Lacey turns on the afterburners, "How affective will a coward be as mayor? Salem deserves a mayor who can fight for all of us. Abe Carver is not that man!" The piranhas from the press descend on Lacey and the feeding frenzy is in full swing.

Melanie says Nick is cute and sexy. And also nice. Too nice to hang out with her. Nick thinks she is awesome, beautiful, smart, funny, and nuttier than a Stuckey's Pecan Log. She agrees he's done a lot for her, "and I need to thank you." She moves in. Apparently it's the tradition where Melanie comes from to thank someone by giving him a tonsillectomy.

Bo comes back. He tells Stephanie and Max the only prints on the wallet are theirs.

Abe tells Evan he thinks mayor Moron-o is behind this. He vows to fight. Lexie vetoes it, "I can't do this, Abe." Abe tells her it's just a part of campaigning. Lexie just can't do it. She takes Theo and leaves. On her way out, she and Lacey have a stare-athon.

Kayla brings the instant paternity test results, hands the folder to Nicole and leaves. Nicole opens the folder and stares, "Congratulations, EJ. Now that that's settled... I can either do this on my own... or we can be in this together. It's all up to you."

Lucas comes out and announces he isn't happy. Sami says, "All I'm asking is for you to keep your mouth shut." Moving mountains is one thing. Asking Lucas to keep his mouth shut is a really tall order. "I am begging you not to tell anyone," says Sami, "Will you please do that for me?"

"I will keep your secret," says Lucas, "but not for long.

Prevuze

Lucas turns and leaves.

Sami whines, "Oh, God, there has to be another way... maybe there is."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Melanie is, oh-so-concerned he's drinking. Nick is oh-so-concerned he's not drunk enough to endure a conversation with her.
 
I’m not drunk enough to read about her.  Pass me a brewsky, Nick.
 
You've gotta make up your mind." Stephanie whines, whimpers, snivels and assures him she would make up her mind if she had one.
 
…but she does have boobs.  Bulldog, your photo and caption says it all.  Stephanie makes like Madonna and strikes a pose.  To keep that dress in place, I bet they had to use two sided tape.  Steph, honey, you better give up that braless look because gravity is eventually going to catch up to you.
 
"Well, I'm not Sami," snorts Nicole.

"You're a lot alike," says EJ, "More fertile than the farm belt."

 
That’s because they are both full of manure.
 
”How could he let one slip past the goalie with that horrible woman?"
 
 
The same way he got you pregnant…by not using protection. 
 
Bo comes back. He tells Stephanie and Max the only prints on the wallet are theirs.
 
OK, Bo, let’s think about this.  Since the wallet belongs to Trent, don’t you think it’s reasonable to expect to find Trent’s prints on the wallet?  If Trent’s prints aren’t on the wallet, don’t you think it’s also reasonable to assume that someone cleaned up the wallet before Stephanie and Max got a hold of it?  Duh!
 
Sami whines, "Oh, God, there has to be another way... maybe there is."
 
Sami, you might want to consider carrying around a chocolate sundae whenever you are out in public.  Maybe you can convince everyone you’re packing on pounds because you’re packing in groceries.  This is beyond silly.  Sami is on her third pregnancy.  Even Sami can’t be so stupid to think she can conceal the evidence for very much longer.  Her father is Salem’s top cop, and her mother is a physiatrist but the only person she chooses to confide in is Lucas?  I guess that says it all.
 
It’s Columbus Day and a national holiday.  The Post Office is closed, and the kids are home from school.  I’m sitting at my desk at work and very glad that Prevuze didn’t take a holiday!!  Thanks once again for a stellar Daze update.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me that they aren't setting Nick up for an alcoholic story?

Loved the jokes on the demonic babysitter.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Special Notice: We rarely preview our Saturday editions of Prevuze, but we have to tell you about this one. On tomorrow's posting, the TRUE AND PRECISE LOCATION OF SALEM WILL BE REVEALED.

If this one doesn't spark controversy, then none ever will.

Don't miss it!

So......... where is it?!?!?!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

So......... where is it?!?!?!

It was in our Saturday posting: Click here.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

C-fish, great pic and Bulldog - thanks for pointing out how totally inappropriate that dress was to be wearing around as "everyday" wear. 'Cept maybe for a hooker.

Bo warns, "I'll be watching you."

Oooooo, I bet that made Nicole quake...probably from trying to keep from bursting out laughing.

She goes for a nurse to ask her what a paternity test is.

Snark, snark. HAHAHA

Sami says, "All I'm asking is for you to keep your mouth shut." Moving mountains is one thing. Asking Lucas to keep his mouth shut is a really tall order.

Snark, snark, SNARK! Loved it.

My HUH?! moment:
Bo comes back. He tells Stephanie and Max the only prints on the wallet are theirs.

Hmmmmm. On top of Leslie's observation, how about testing the inside and the contents of the wallet? Double DUH.

It's Monday. No holiday for me. But Prevuze comes through with a day brightener.

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Lacey told the truth about one thing - she probably has spent more time with Theo than they have. HA

And I think you're right, Tripp. I can see the alcoholism story coming a mile away. Maggs will have to be his sponsor since she's gotten Lucas on the straight and narrow now.

LOL over Salem Tent and Awning and Kate's Sarah Palin test. Lord, she's even got her hair up like Sarah's. HAHAHAHA

Prevuze, I'm on the road and it's nice to know wherever I am I can log in and get my Prevuze chuckles. Thanks!!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Prevuze, I'm on the road and it's nice to know wherever I am I can log in and get my Prevuze chuckles. Thanks!!

The Prevuze Team will be on the road Thursday and Friday. I hope you'll be able to say the same thing then since we always have to fight to find wireless.

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kinda surprised the ultrasound didn't show a whole litter of babies in Nicole?

10:24 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I guess EJ is the new Stefano when it comes to baby makin'.

Stefano has, like 6 or 7 kids that we know of right?

Now EJ has 3, so far.
Or maybe it will turn out SHE'S carrying Stefano's baby instead of EJ's thanks to some Dr. Rolf trick.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So poor Nick might be an alcoholic, woe is him.

"Do you want me to watch Theo...
lolwut? Is she serious? Did she still think she had a job after that fiasco? Especially when she kept saying 'it's all my fault'.

Lucas says if Sami lies to EJ she's also lying to Allie What? She's two? Who cares!?

She thinks the person who took it is the murderer.
Because it wasn't the person who put a broken bottle up to a man's neck and said 'I'm going to kill him'. Love that Brady bias.

"I was babysitting and Theo took off without telling me where he was going.
That doesn't even make sense, she makes Theo sound like he's 15 or something.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know we have to suspend belief for this show, but isn't the baby-sitter overreacting (a lot!) to losing her job. Since Theo is autistic, she shouldn't have expected him to tell her he was leaving. Where has she been letting him go! I don't know how old he's supposed to be, but definitely not hold enough to walk to the hospital after letting her know! LOL

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs