Monday, October 06, 2008

Rolling On The Floor Like A Dying Fish

Maybe, just maybe, with a lot of help from our readers, we've got this satellite thing figured out. Several readers have asked for a list of the equipment it took to get this contraption working. If you missed Saturday's edition, click
here
for a list of the equipment it took to get the show back on the road, and thanks to those of you who helped us get there.

We appreciate all the support we have received along the way. Several of you have emailed privately and offered to help with the expenses. We appreciate those offers very much and would be grateful to anyone who would like to do so.

In that light, you've probably noticed I put a donation box up on the blog. We've been hesitant to do this in the past since we're really doing Prevuze for fun. On the other hand, Prevuze has never cost us much except time.

So here's what we are asking you to do. If you enjoy Prevuze and would like to help it continue, drop a couple bucks in the donation jar each month. We'll keep a button on the blog and you can donate through PayPal.

Please understand, we're not asking for the rent money, money you need for the kids' clothes or anything like that. But if you're in a position to help, please do so.

If you're not in a position to donate to the cause, there is still a way you can help, and that is by clicking on the ads and checking out our sponsors. When you click, we get paid. We're not asking you to do idle clicking, but if you see something you like, check it out. That's all it takes.

Thanks again for your support,
Prevuze

John and Marlena have a smooch-fest. The Salem Dog Catcher sticks his head in the door, "Oh, sorry. The neighbors heard all the panting and called and said I had an emergency to take care of."

Marlena breaks it off, "John... I think..."

"No," gasps John, "Don't think! That should be easy for you."

Lucas finds EJ at Chez Rouge and asks if he was cool with it when Sami told him the big shocking news. "Told me what," asks EJ, "Samantha didn't tell me anything. She has been acting strange lately. That's why I thought everything was normal. She didn't come home last night." EJ badgers Lucas as Nicole walks in.

Nicole stands at the door and says, "I wish that could be us, kiddo, but I don't think your daddy feels the same way. However, he deserves to know he's your father."

Sami wonders how she will protect her children from Stefano.

John wants to go upstairs. Marlena don' wanna., "It's not right."

John is out of control, "It feels right to me."

Marlena breaks it off. She hands the divorce papers to John and he tells her she's making a mistake. Marlena disagrees and they argue. John wants to know what he has to do to convince her. She tells him to go to the hospital. John makes his decision, "Absolutely... ... ... NOT!"

Sami sleeps on the couch and dreams. In her dream she walks into the multi-purpose room at the DiMera mansion and finds grown-up Johnny talking to Stefano, who doesn't look a day older. Hey, it's a dream. Sami grabs a cigar and a drink from Johnny and scolds him for indulging in bad habits at such a young age. Johnny sasses Mommy, "So, do you have another one on the way? Who's is it this time, Lucas' or Father's?"

Stefano tells Sami they have to discuss Johnny's upcoming semester. He turns to Johnny, "I'm going to encourage your professors to give you straight-A's."

Sami tells Johnny he is capable of getting A's on his own, "What happened to your morals?"

EJ pesters Lucas. Lucas stammers around the subject. Nicole comes up and asks Lucas to get lost. He goes. Nicole wonders why EJ didn't call her back. He says he's busy. "With what," says Nicole, "Let's see... Worried about Sami... worried about Sami... and, oh yes, you're worried about Sami." She asks to talk in private but EJ says he can't. Nicole begs, wheedles and tells EJ it will be a life changing conversation.

That, oh, so irritating, John and Marlena tinkle music plays as Marlena tells John she's said all there is to say. "I should be so lucky," says John. He's decided he can't lose her but also can't give her everything she needs.

Marlena says to John, "What I need is to have my husband back. Do you think you could be that person?"

"Which one," asks John.

"Maybe you could rotate," says Marlena - Evans - Craig - Bradford - Brady - Black - North - Black - DiMera.


John says he can't. Marlena tells him they've tried their best and it wasn't meant to be. John says, "I care. And I know you care."

A gal from the audience yells, "And we don't care!"

"I just can't find the right words," says John, "But I'm sure when I do they will be something like, 'Get lost you nagging witch.' " Marlena tells him to see the doctor and leaves.

Inside, John reads the divorce papers, rolls them up and takes a swing at the Waterford Goblet sitting on the table in front of him. It smashes the goblet to smithereens and, by God, Marlena might divorce him but that stinkin' goblet never will.

Nicole and EJ sit at a table. He tells her his leaving had nothing to do with her. She gets on him for leaving for Sami. EJ says, "I hope Samanther will tell me the whole story when she gets here."

Nicole gasps as EJ attempts to dislodge his foot from his mouth, "You're here to see her!"

He reminds Nicole that he and Sami have a son, "That is the only reason I care about her. I have to make Johnny a priority."

Nicole puts her foot down, "If this is gonna work, Sami can't be a part of our lives." EJ tells her that's impossible.

The baby-poppin' mama dreams. She walks into the rumpus room as Stefano and Johnny do a rubber-hose job on some poor guy. The guy begs, "It's all a misunderstanding. I have a wife and kids!"

Johnny pulls out his Glock and cocks it, "I'll teach you to double-cross the DiMeras!"

Sami watches in horror and screams, "NO!"

BANG!

Sami wakes and screams. Lucas runs in, sits beside her and asks what's wrong. Sami blithers, "I have to find some way to protect my children from Stefano."

Prevuze

EJ implores Nicole to stay. Nicole says she understands his situation, "Every time Sami calls you run. What you did to me was humiliating and I won't allow you to put me through that again. What was the big deal with Sami anyway?"

"She was in the hospital."

"With what," asks Nicole, "a case of the fevers?" EJ says he thought something was terribly wrong. Nicole nukes, "What you have been giving me are lies and insults. You are gonna make a decision! Who do you want to build a life with, Sami or me?" EJ contemplates the possibilities and looks up the address of the nearest monastery.

Sami tells Lucas she freaked because of the nightmare, "It was terrible. I dreamed I was... me." Lucas vows to help her. Sami says she thinks Stefano knows she is pregnant. Lucas says she'd better tell EJ before Stefano tells him. Sami don' wanna.

EJ consults the Guy Manual. He looks up "Two-timing." The manual advises, "Tell her, 'I want you both in my life.'"

Nicole says she knows she has to accept Sami because of Johnny but she needs to know who has EJ's heart. EJ wants her to give it a rest. Nicole isn't in any mood to rest, "I'd rather never see you again than feel the way I did."

EJ says, "I need to know where the relationship is going before I make a — choke — commitment."

Nicole says, "Commitment — a dirty word. I want more. I want to be with with you. If you don't feel the same way I need to know now."

EJ whispers, "I care about you and Samantha very much."

You know all those things you've said you'd do when hell freezes over? Well it's time to get that list out because EJ is definitely in hell and the temperature in the room just dropped to absolute zero. "I guess I have my answer," says Nicole, "Thanks for your honesty." Translation: "Thanks for nuthin.'" Nicole gets up to leave. EJ wants to know what it was that she had to tell him. Nicole zones, "It doesn't matter any more."

Stefano walks in on John. Stefano has put on his Mr. Rogers persona, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."

"I don't care," snorts John.

"Oooohhh," says Stefano, "We have a case of the Mondays, don't we? Is your foul mood because of Marlena?"

"She has a knack for doing that to people," says John.

Stefano offers advice, "Stay away from Marlena. She will destroy your life."

Marlena bumps into EJ at Chez Rouge, and asks for his help.

Stefano tells John he was once in love with Marlena. "I heard it was more like an obsession," says John.

"I always do things on a grand scale," says Stefano.

"Then why are you on this show," asks John. Stefano says it's ridiculous for John to pine for Marlena and suggests he sign the papers. John asks, "How did you know about the divorce papers?"

"I know everything," says Stefano, "It would do you well to remember that. Stefano leaves. John reads the papers and zones. Stefano comes back in and watches as John collapses.

Lucas tells Sami telling EJ is the right thing to do. Sami says it may be too late for Johnny but not this baby. She has decided not to tell EJ.

Marlena tells EJ about John's situation. She asks him to convince John to go for tests.

John struggles like a turtle on its back. Nicole comes in and finds him. She starts to call an ambulance but John tells her to hang up. Nicole says, "John, your headaches are getting worse!"

John's sarcasm works its way through the pain, "Yes, Einstein, my headaches are getting worse. Why do you think these headaches are a death sentence for me?"

"Because," says Nicole, "When I get headaches I'm not rolling on the floor like a dying fish." John promises to get checked out tomorrow and asks what she is doing there. She says their deal is off. She's changed her mind about wanting EJ to be a part of her life.

Lucas says, "Don't let fear guide your decision. Do what you normally do and let stupidity guide your decision. I can't respect what you've decided to do. If you won't tell EJ, the I will." Sami chases him as he walks out.

Nicole says she isn't convinced she wants to let the baby know who his father is, "I have no will power when it comes to that jerk."

"I guess that's why you're pregnant," says John, "And I know it will be hard for you now that Kiriakis has taken back his divorce settlement.". He offers her money. Nicole resists. She says she doesn't want his money but will take his friendship.

Marlena plays the Johnny card. EJ says, "You play dirty, Marlena."

"Not always," says Marlena, "John's upset with me right now because I won't play dirty with him."

"I'll give it a shot," says EJ.

Marlena is giddy, "Oh, thank you. Thankyouthankyouthankyou."


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami is so gonna marry Lucas to keep BabyDiMera's paternity a secret.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John and Marlena have a smooch-fest. The Salem Dog Catcher sticks his head in the door, "Oh, sorry. The neighbors heard all the panting and called and said I had an emergency to take care of."
 
Prevuze wastes no time…and let the snark begin!!!
 
Marlena tells John she's said all there is to say. "I should be so lucky," says John.
 
…and the rest of us, too.
 
Marlena says to John, "What I need is to have my husband back. Do you think you could be that person?"

"Which one," asks John.

"Maybe you could rotate," says Marlena - Evans - Craig - Bradford - Brady - Black - North - Black - DiMera.

 
Too funny, Prevuze, just too funny!!!!!!!!!!
 
You are gonna make a decision! Who do you want to build a life with, Sami or me?" EJ contemplates the possibilities and looks up the address of the nearest monastery.
 
That choice certainly does have “a fate worse than death” written all over it.
 
EJ wants her to give it a rest. Nicole isn't in any mood to rest, "I'd rather never see you again than feel the way I did."
 
For as many times as Nicole has been around the block, she shouldn’t need to consult the “Guy Manual” or the “Gal Manual” to figure out she’s wasting her time on this “relationship”.  First and biggest clue…EJ says Sami’s name during elevator monkey sex.  Can it get any worse than that?  Neither woman wants to tell EJ about the buns in the oven.  Who’s going to cave first?  Probably Nicole.  Now that she and Jawn are best buds, she’ll end up living in the mansion because she’s broke.  Unlike Sami, Nicole wouldn’t even consider finding a job.  Nicole will always need a man to pay her way through life.  Once it becomes apparent that Sami is pregnant, EJ will admire her spunk and independence.  At that point, it will all be over except the shouting, and there will be shouting…lots of it. 
 
Thanks for the wonderful morning pick me up, Prevuze!!!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"I always do things on a grand scale," says Stefano. "Then why are you on this show," asks John.

POW! Right between the eyes, Prevuze. Or, maybe that hit a little lower, eh?

Stephano's little "fee fi fo" ditty was great. Reminded me of the "Mother Goose for Prevuze" (or something like that) posted many, many moons ago. I'll have to look those up in the archives when I get a chance.

The Philip and Melanie pic got a snicker too. But, isn't that Dr. Dan's line? LOLOL

Thanks for the Monday morning shot in the arm.

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great comments, Leslie:

The whole 'called out the wrong name in the elevator thing.
Any woman, WITH ANY PRIDE, would have stopped right then and then.
Done. Now. Bye.

Loved the monastery quip, too!

And, I too, just can't wait for the EJAMI shouting to begin. Bring it on, DOOL!

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you think about it, absolutely nothing was accomplished in this episode. Isn't it about time for Nicole to replay her entire noir fantasy for someone else - Jawn maybe?

I loved the advice Lucas gave Sami in the picture. The thought obviously never occurred to the ninny on her own.

"I just can't find the right words," says John, "But I'm sure when I do they will be something like 'Get lost you nagging witch.'" HAHAHAHA It's a wonder Jawn doesn't say something just like that. I know most of us probably would by now.

And that gal in the audience always knows just what to say. So does Prevuze. Thanks for the Monday morning chuckles to help us face another week!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had completely forgotten about "Bara Couda." I think her real name was supposed to be "Barbara Couda" wasn't it? Too much.

JB

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So who's baby is it,is it lucas or e.j.. i see them leading toward Mr. lucas that means one child will have to die to prove the farther of these children.S.o.l

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when did Philip find time to go back to school? I only ask since he appears to be the first Salemite to graduate from Dr. Dan's School-O-Love. He must have been right at the top of the class, too...he not only got the age of the girl he's trying to pick up right, but he delivered the pick-up line with perfect timing and voice inflection - judging from the look on Melanie's face, it wasn't creepy at all!

Great picture, Prevuze!!! :-)

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leslie, Nicole has had a very successful career, modeling and helping Austin run whatever the hell business he took from Carrie.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These storylines are all over the place. First, even a blind woman can tell Sami is preggers. Second, no show should ever open with John and Marlena kissing. It's obvious to me someone in the town of Salem is going to lose a baby, there are just too many if you catch my drift. Will it be Nicole or Sami? And better yet, will any of us even care? I do love that EJ looked like a deer caught in headlights when Nicole asked him if it was her or Sami. Oh Nichole, if a guy says someone else's name during monkey sex and can't give you straight answers? He is just not that into you. Just a thought.

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami's baby will turn out to be Lucas'. They set it up by having them wake up in bed and Sami not remembering if they'd done anything the night before. There was no other reason to have those scenes.

The only shouting will be the eshami fans when they finally realize that the rapist/victim pairing is never going to happen.

And I'm sure EJ will(eventually) be thrilled that Nicole is carrying his baby, especially once he realizes that she WANTS to have his baby, unlike Sami.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs