Thursday, October 09, 2008

Steamed Clams

Nicole drinks in the pub. The Bartender comes up and they talk about the order she has coming. Nicole slips and says she's eating for two. Sami walks up behind her and gets on her case for pounding down gin and tonics so early. Nicole tells her she's drinking a club soda. Sami is skeptical. She goes to look for a table, but for the first time in its history, all the tables are filled. Sami thinks, "I've gotta sit down. My ankles are as big as cantaloupes." She walks back to Nicole.

Nicole turns, "Take a load off." She surveys Sami's bod, "And I do mean a load. Are you gaining weight or just hormonal?" Sami sits and they trade wisecracks.

The bartender comes up with a plate and sets it down in front of them, "Which one of you ordered the steamed clams?" Sami and Nicole each cover their mouths and scatter in different directions.

Outside, Marlena tells Roman she is going through with the divorce but she still loves John, "The real John, that is." She says she talked to EJ and she's giving it one last attempt. They're there to talk to Sami.

John drinks and thinks. He remembers talking to Marlena about staying in the marriage but refusing to go to the hospital. EJ comes in. He notices John doesn't look well, "Is there something I can do for you?"

John drones, "You can go away." EJ tells him he promised Marlena he would have a chat with him.

The search for Theo continues. Lexie worries that Theo might have been taken.

Chelsea intercepts Daniel. He asks her to find Kate and convince her to get back to the hospital, "Her life may depend on it. But nothing's wrong."

Lacey tells Abe and Lexie she turned away and Theo disappeared. Abe decides to call in favors from police officers and get them involved in the search. Lexie continues to worry someone took Theo. Suddenly she explodes and rages at Lacey.

Sami and Nicole return from their respective puke-fests. Nicole says she just went for air, "What happened to you?"

"Your perfume made me nauseous," says Sami.

"No," says Nicole, "You were nauseous long before I ever put this perfume on." Sami's had enough. She gets up and starts to leave but Roman and Marlena stop her.

EJ says Marlena told him about John's blackouts and his refusal to get help. John says seeing a doctor is not an option. EJ says he understands why he doesn't like doctors and is afraid to see them.

"Unfortunately," says John, "I'm not afraid, but even I can't afford the medical bills. As my attorney maybe you can stop the divorce." EJ says he's there as a friend, not an attorney and Marlena is concerned John is dying. John says EJ should be happy about that, "That will leave one less person to share the DiMera fortune. I'll die the way I lived... on my own terms."

"If you died the way you lived," says EJ, "They'd have to bury three or four different people."

Lexie's head explodes. It's a small explosion. Lacey says she can't think of any reason Theo would have left. Lexie's rage hits new levels, "THEN THINK HARDER!" Lexie continues to put on a show as Officer Krupke walks up with Theo's hat. Lexie grabs the cap and continues to spew, "Where did you find this?"

The officer says, "On the south side of the park, lying near the side of the road, next to Theo's mangled body."

Lexie nukes. Officer Krupke goes back to look for more clues, but advises Abe and Lexie to stay there, where Lexie can continue her tirade in private. Lacey decides this would be a good time to bug out and she follows the officer.

Chelsea and Daniel have been trading phone messages. Daniel tells Chelsea what he can and says Kate checked out early. He says it's crucial they run more tests. Chelsea wants to know what's wrong with her but Daniel clams up. Chelsea says, "Daniel, please do not pull this patient privacy stuff with me, OK?"

Daniel says, "Just find her and get her back here."

Prevuze

Suddenly, Theo runs in and gives something to Chelsea. I can't tell exactly what it is but unfortunately it doesn't look like a cyanide pill.

Roman asks if Sami is trying to hide something. She remembers the rattle with the Phoenix on it. Sami backpedals. She says she asked them there because she misses them. She changes the subject and talks about Caroline and Trent's murder. Sami thinks Nicole is the culprit. Roman gets back to the point. He wants to know why they are there. They grill her.

EJ tells John he's being foolish. John says he didn't ask EJ's opinion. EJ continues to try to convince John and John continues to refuse. He believes the old John is gone and never coming back. EJ says Marlena isn't convinced of that. John tosses the divorce papers at him and says they say differently. He wants EJ to mind his own business. EJ gives up and walks out, "You are devoid of compassion."

John paces. He sits at his desk and makes a call, "Hello it's me. I need to see you."

Lexie bawls. Her phone rings. Daniel tells her Theo is with him. Lexie hangs up. Bipolar Lexie switches poles. She tells Abe they found Theo. Hugs.

Daniel comes in and tells Chelsea he contacted Abe and Lexie. Chelsea questions Theo. She finally worms it out of him that he came to see her. "Wow," says Daniel, "He's worse off than we thought." Hugs.

Roman and Marlena continue to try to get anything out of Sami. Roman asks, "Are you in some kind of trouble?"

Sami says, "Yes, I am in big trouble and I need you both to tell me what to do."

"Is there any particular subject you need advice on," says Roman, "If it's about the stock market, you're going to have to ride it out. It's too late to sell."

Nicole wanders in and John thanks her for coming, "I need a friend. Do I seem like a person who isn't capable of normal emotion?"

"No," says Nicole, "You seem like a rock incapable of any emotion." Nicole tells him he's just misunderstood. John says he's given her bad advice and she needs to tell Elvis about the baby.

Chelsea makes Theo promise he won't wander away again no matter what. Lexie runs in screaming. Theo goes catatonic as she scoops him up. Daniel tells them Theo came there to find Chelsea. "Wow," says Abe, "He's worse off than we thought."

Roman and Marlena press, "Sami, what have you done?"

Sami asks, "Why do you assume it's something I've done... Well, I guess I was partly at fault. What if you know something you should tell someone you love but it might hurt someone else you love? Do you have to tell?"

Dr. Evans steps in, "You should never hide things from people you love."

Sami says, "You didn't tell Dad about your affair with John." A yellow flag lands in front of Sami and she gets fifteen yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

"I never tell any of my husbands about any of my affairs," says Marlena, "But you have to tell." Translation: Do as I say, not as I do.

Sami asks, "Do I have to tell even if it could destroy an innocent child's life?"

Daniel Chelsea she has a connection with Theo, "You're both soooo young. That's why I like you so much. You're pretty incredible." He asks if they could at least try to be friends. She says no.

Marlena asks, "Did you just say this could hurt an innocent child?"

"OK," says Sami, "I'll tell you what's up, but you have to swear to keep it a secret." Surprisingly, Roman and Marlena are smarter than that. They vow to help her but won't promise to do something that isn't right, or might hurt someone. "Why start doing the right thing now," asks Sami. We go through hours of prying.

Roman wants to know if she was talking about the twins when she mentioned the innocent child, "What are you not telling us?

Abe and Lexie are back in the park with Theo. Lexie feels terrible about the way she spoke to Lacey. Abe says, "Lacey understands — or at least she will after the exorcism."

Abe takes Theo for ice cream. As they walk away Theo thinks, "Hmmm... run away, get ice cream."

Sami decides to go and says they have helped her, "I've decided to tell the person before he hears it from someone else." She bolts.

Roman is in the dark, "Who is she going to tell... Lucas?"

"My money is on EJ," says Marlena, "I think she's going to tell him because she cares so much for him."

"You're right," says Roman, "After all, he is her only rapist."

John says a man has a right to know he has fathered his child, "I think I've lost my chance with Marlena, but it may not be too late for you."

EJ's timing is impeccable, "Too late for what?"

"To find a good show and save my acting career," says Nicole.

John asks, "Are you gonna tell him or should I?"

"Are you pregnant with his child, too," asks Nicole.

Chelsea lectures Daniel, "It's not like you forgot my birthday or bailed out on a date. It was my GRANDMOTHER! At least Nick had the common courtesy not to skip a generation." Daniel says he never meant to hurt her. "Well, you did," says Chelsea, "I can't trust you and I don't think it would have worked anyway. We are in different places and want different things." Daniel says he misses her. "I've moved on," says Chelsea.

A gal in the audience stands up and shouts, "Not far enough!"

Abe and Theo scarf down their cones. He and Lexie talk about how remarkable it is that Theo was able to find Chelsea all by himself, and decide they should be proud of him for that.

"He certainly is fond of her," says Lexie.

Abe turns, "How about a big hug for your mommy and your old man?" Theo zones. No response. "One step at a time says Abe." Family hug.

EJ presses. Nicole says it's not important but John pushes her. Out in the foyer, Sami walks in and encourages herself to march into the next room and tell EJ. She walks into the room as Nicole blurts, "OK! You wanna know? I'm pregnant. I'm having your baby." The blood drains from Sami's face.


Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

If you enjoyed today's recap and haven't left a donation in a while, please consider doing that. If you aren't in a position to donate, check out some of our advertisers. And you could also consider leaving a comment. We enjoy those. Look at it this way... I've already read Prevuze. YOU are MY entertainment.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Which one of you ordered the steamed clams?" Sami and Nicole each cover their mouths and scatter in different directions.
 
Are you sure they weren’t watching DOOL?  I’ve had the same reaction more times than I care to admit.
 
Marlena tells Roman she is going through with the divorce but she still loves John, "The real John, that is."
 
A statement like that just goes to show you that the psychiatrist is often crazier than the patient.  Jawn is about as real as you can get, Marlena.  Get over it and just deal with it.
 
I'll die the way I lived... on my own terms."

"If you died the way you lived," says EJ, "They'd have to bury three or four different people."

Lexie's head explodes. It's a small explosion.

 
A double play…two excellent Prevuzisms in a row!!!
 
Suddenly, Theo runs in and gives something to Chelsea. I can't tell exactly what it is but unfortunately it doesn't look like a cyanide pill.
 
Hopefully, he gave that to Melanie.
 
She walks into the room as Nicole blurts, "OK! You wanna know? I'm pregnant. I'm having your baby." The blood drains form Sami's face.
 
Ahh, the big reveal, and, of course, Sami overhears the entire mess.  Can I have a show of hands of anyone who didn’t see this coming?  No hands…I didn’t think so.
 
OK, Bulldog, you also deserve a yellow flag for unsportsmanlike conduct!!!  Thanks for another great Prevuze for an episode of Daze that actually appears to be worth watching. 

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulldod, I loved your pics today. "La cage aux foul" LMAO! Keep them comming, they are a welcome sight for my puffy, sleep deprived morning eyes :)

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLD THE PRESSES .... Did Sami just tell Roman and Marlena that she LOVES EJ? Yippee! Finally!

5:56 AM  
Blogger cfish said...

Loved, loved, LOVED the pic of Kate -- it truly made me LOL! And we have a vice-admiral visiting our office today -- fortunately I think he's running late.

And you almost caught me with a mouthful of tea when I got to "I'll die the way I lived... on my own terms."
"If you died the way you lived," says EJ, "They'd have to bury three or four different people."
OMG! TOO HILARIOUS!!!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, say it with me, We'll be there for you Prevuze! I haven't actually watched DOOL in over three weeks.. just keep deleting it from my DVR.. Your recaps are SO much better than the actual show.

6:27 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

we have a vice-admiral visiting our office today

Vice — Now there's a subject Kate knows something about.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"You're right," says Roman, "After all, he is her only rapist."
Haha, best part.

I don't why Sami can't keep her mouth shut, everyone always betrays trust, usually under the guise of 'doing the right thing'. Is it so hard to keep something to yourself.

I haven't watched in a few days, but happen to catch Melanie's verbal beatdown on Stephanie. I don't think the show will have too many moments like that. :(

6:47 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

All of today's pictures were a hoot. Bulldog - fabulous picture, but you ruined the big surprise for all the opera fans in KC.

Nicole turns, "Take a load off." She surveys Sami's bod, "And I do mean a load. Are you gaining weight or just hormonal?"

I always enjoyed the bantering between Nicole and Sami. Now that Nicole's other 'buds', Chloe & Ava, have been shipped off it's too bad Sami and she are being set up as adversaries. I'd rather see them as partners-in-crime.

John, "I'm not afraid, but even I can't afford the medical bills.

That would be funny if it weren't so true.

Theo runs in and gives something to Chelsea. I can't tell exactly what it is but unfortunately it doesn't look like a cyanide pill.

Damn, the bad luck!

"You're right," says Roman, "After all, he is her only rapist."

Oops, Prevuze. You flunk DAYS History 101. Sami has been raped before, back when she was a teenager. Perhaps Pard should have said EJ was her only rapist still in town.

A gal in the audience stands up and shouts, "Not far enough!"

The rest of the audience gives that gal a standing ovation.

And a standing ovation to Prevuze for another stellar submission.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze - I don't tell you enough, but I love ya! YOu make me laugh, keep it lighthearted when all the other boards are so damn serious and stupid. Love your quips!
Thanks for what you do!
-Crabs

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder Sami's so messed up. Look who she turns to for advice.

Roman said "If it's about the stock market, you're going to have to ride it out. It's too late to sell." HAHAHAHAHA

You're right, Applecheeks. Alan raped Sami before she Bobbitized him. (What could Prevuze have made of that storyline!)

"I can't tell exactly what it is but unfortunately it doesn't look like a cyanide pill." Oooh! Prevuze at its snarky best.

Yup, Theo is worse off than we thought. But we're better off starting the day with Prevuze. Thanks! :D

8:21 AM  
Blogger sooszoo said...

Actually Sami, Marlena did tell your dad about her affair with John. She told him and half the town at the same time.
Prevuze - outstanding job.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read your blog everyday but iam broke. just filed bankruptcy broke. so how much do you for clicking the links on your page? how many clicks does it take to get to a dollar? i may be able to click a few times a day.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

how many clicks does it take to get to a dollar?

I really have no idea. Just continue to read and enjoy the blog. And thanks.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs