Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give A Damn

Phillip the philanthropist yammers on the phone and then whomever he's talking to gives him the news about Kate. Phillip takes off like a bat out of hell to go see the bat from hell.

Kate and Daniel talk about her situation. Kate wants to wait until she has answers to notify anyone.

Daniel has cleared his schedule so he can spend some time with Kate in her time of trouble. He normally doesn't do this with his other patients. In fact, as we can see by this example, he just lets them rot and die under such circumstances.

The doctor comes in and tells Sami, "You're not dying."

"See," says Sami, "I told you so."

"You're pregnant," says Dr. Badnews.

"Eeeeuwww," says Sami, "Could you check again? Maybe I'm dying after all."

Nicole arrives at the DiMera mansion. EJ tells her about his trip to the zoo, "Too bad Johnny couldn't make it." He asks what she has to tell him. Nicole decides telling him later would be more appropriate, and would also give her a chance to drag this out interminably. EJ runs up to take a shower. Nicole walks into what has become the DiMera mansion's combination living-family-dining-rumpus room and surveys the spread. She touches her tummy, "Look what your daddy did for us."

"Let's have another drink," says the kid, "I don't think my FAS has kicked in yet."

John finds her, "Looks like someone has a hot date." Nicole tells him this is their first 'official' date. She sees a little present sitting on the table, "EJ is so thoughtful." John offers a drink. Nicole takes a rain check.

"That doesn't compute," says John. Nicole says she's just having stomach problems. John wants to know what's really going on.

Bo brings Mad Dog Brady into Roman's office. Mickey and Kayla are waiting there. Caroline can't believe this is happening. Neither can the audience. They all decide they need to find the magic clue that will lift suspicion off her.

The doc congratulates the happy couple as Lucas flashes back to the Sami EJ romp. Sami says, "I'm not pregnant! That can't be possible!"

Lucas says, "Oh, it's possible all right... and I know exactly when it happened."

Prevuze

Sami insists, "There is no way this could have happened!" The doctor pulls out a medical book and shows her how it happens.

Caroline tells them all about her relationship with Trent through the miracle of flashbacks. She tells them she and Trent got into an argument the night Trent died.

John presses. Nicole says she just doesn't feel like drinking. Things get quiet. "So," asks Nicole, "How bout them Cubs?"

"Don't care," says John. John's mind must be gone. It takes a cold, cold person not to care about the Cubs. John says he finds her captivating in a strange sort of way, the operative word being 'strange.' Nicole somehow decides she can trust him. John asks, "You wanna tell me what's really going on?"

Nicole says, "I'm pregnant."

John gives us his 'Home Alone' face, "EJ's kid?"

Nicole drops into sarcasm mode, "No, Stefano's." John wants to hear more. "I thought I couldn't have kids," says Nicole, "I used my abdomen to stop a bullet once."

"Apparently it's stopped something else now," says John.

Nicole says she's fine with the 'baby thing' even though she never liked kids. She hopes this will make EJ happy. She wants EJ to herself — No sharing, "EJ seems to have been sharing a lot lately and seemingly hits the bullseye every time."

The doctor tells Sami she's in her second trimester. Apparently Sami hasn't been too biologically observant lately. Sensing a bit of tension, the doctor says, "I'm giving you and your husband some privacy."

Sami blurts, "He's not my..." The doc leaves.

Sami whines, "I'm pregnant with EJ's baby. What am I gonna do?"

Mickey asks to talk to Caroline alone. They clear the room. Mickey advises Caroline, "Even though these cops are your sons, which is unlikely and stupid anyway, Bo and Roman are still cops. Well, they're supposed to be cops. So anything you say can and will be held against you."

"Victor," says Caroline.

Max bumps into Kayla. She brings him up to date on Caroline's situation. Max can't believe his SOB father is still causing trouble after he's dead.

"This is DOOL," says Kayla, "He'll probably cause even more trouble when he comes back to life."

Kate says she doesn't want Daniel as her doctor. "We can't make it personal," says Daniel, "But it's personal."

"You're going to have to give me some time to try to figure that one out," says Kate.

Daniel rolls on, "I know you don't want me near you and neither do Phillip or Victor. Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn. There is no one more right for you in this moment than I am. And there's no other place more right for us than behind that curtain in that empty patient bed back there."

Kate brings up his "cancer issues" with his wife. Daniel insists he has to stand by her, "You might be perfectly fine and that's the news no one will give you but me."

Caroline comes out and hugs Max. He says he he feels guilty because he went searching for his long lost sister and got Mad Dog mixed up in this.

"It's not your fault," says Caroline, "I was at the wrong place at the wrong time burying the wrong knife into the wrong guy's back."

Roman thinks maybe Trent was trying to tell Caroline who stabbed him when he staggered up to her.

Nicole tells John she doesn't want him taking sides in the "Me and my baby against Sami and Johnny" kerfuffle. EJ comes in.

John takes that as his cue to leave, "Well, I have been thoroughly entertained. Have fun, kids."

John leaves. EJ and Nicole tell each other how ravishing they look. "I'm looking forward to this," says EJ, "I enjoyed my trip to the zoo, but I must say, I'm starved for adult attention. But I guess I'll spend the evening with you anyway." He runs through the menu, then suggests a riverfront stroll and a jazz club, "Now, what shall we drink to?"

Nicole smiles, "I have the perfect toast."

Sami rants. Lucas says she'd better call and tell EJ, "...Or is it someone else?"

Sami is just indignant at that crack, "It's EJ and it was only ONE TIME!"

"Once a king always a king but once a night's enough," says Lucas.

Sami blabbers about standing on her own two feet and worries no one will hire her now that she's pregnant, "What am I gonna do?"

"Next time," says Lucas, "Remain standing on your own two feet. Right now, you can start by calling EJ." Sami worries Stefano won't leave her alone now. Lucas tells her to call EJ and not worry about Stefano, "Pick up the damn phone and call him and tell him."

Roman wonders if Trent saw Caroline before he was attacked and tried to get to her for help. He asks Caroline if Trent said anything. Caroline says no.

Kayla asks Max about Melanie. Max don' know and don' care, "She accused me of killing our father. How could she do that to me? I only threatened the guy about a dozen times a day."

Kate has changed her tune and agrees she will be perfectly fine. Daniel says, "There you go. Hang on to that attitude! Even though your life is about to fall apart." Kate, by golly, is going to remain upbeat.

"That's my girl," says Daniel.

"I'm not you know," says Kate.

"I'm going to take care of you anyway," says Daniel.

"I can't deal with that right now," says Kate, "I'm still trying to figure out, 'We can't make it personal, but it's personal.'" Phillip barges in and says he wants to know what is going on.

Kayla thinks maybe Melanie is in shock. Max rants and says she hated Trent. He thinks all Melanie cares about is herself, "She's a stranger and means nothing to me."

Roman asks about Mad Dog's encounter with Trent that night at the pub. We have a flashback that never really happened, known in some circles as rewriting history. In the pub, Trent tells Caroline he's been following her life for years and knows the Bradys have their share of problems. Caroline defends her family.

Mad Dog tells the goon squad she had trouble controlling her temper that night, "I'm just getting started."

Sami says she needs to process things before she tells EJ. Lucas gets on her case. He thinks she's going to start scheming. He's not going to let her keep it secret like she did with Will. He pulls out his cell phone, calls EJ and tells him Sami needs him at the hospital.

EJ tells Nicole he has to bug out. He puts the date on hold, apologizes and leaves.

Sami can't believe Lucas did that. "They don't call me the Big Buttinski for nothing," says Lucas, "I'm outta here." Sami protests but Lucas leaves.

Kate says she's just having some tests. Phillip says he is losing patience. He asks Daniel to tell him whats going on, "Are you here as her doctor or her lover?"

"That's disgusting," says Daniel, "True, but disgusting." He storms out.

Kate tells Phillip that was over the line, "I'm just here for a little outpatient surgery — A lung transplant." Lucas comes in and grills her. Together, Lucas and Phillip threaten to call the rest of Kate's brood if she doesn't tell them what's going on.

Caroline says Trent refused to leave and the argument escalated. Back in the nouveau flashback, she starts to call the cops and Trent yanks the phone. Caroline nukes, "Get out of here! I swear I'll kill you!"

"I didn't kill Trent but I had murder in my heart at that moment," says Caroline, "I'm sorry. Mickey gets a call and leaves his client twisting in the wind.

Bo asks why Mad Dog didn't tell them this before. "Because it looked so bad," she says, "I don't know why I picked up the knife, but I didn't kill him." Roman tells her this is off the record but asks what happened next. "We had a few words and Trent left."

Mickey comes back in after his phone call, "That was the DA's office. There are witnesses. They saw Caroline through the pub window holding a knife on Trent. This is starting to sound like it's not the case for me."

"Now what," asks Caroline.

"You still have a few choices," says Mickey, "Like, do you want your head shaved before they throw the switch."

They all agree she couldn't have murdered Trent. Roman thinks they'd better find the real killer fast.

Kate tells the boys she's having a biopsy to remove tissue from her lungs for tests, "They found an abnormality and want to check it out. There is a chance it may be lung cancer. Or I could be pregnant like everyone else in town. After all, I have been with Sureshot DiMera.."

Nicole can't believe EJ left her for Sami again, "Damn you Sami Brady!" John soaks it in.

EJ rushes to Sami's room, "What's wrong. You're not bleeding. No bones broken. What are you doing here?"

"You shouldn't have come," says Sami, "It wasn't my idea. I fainted... It's not that big of a deal."

"It is a big deal," says EJ. He whispers, "Samantha, answer the question. What's wrong?"

Prevuze

Previews
========

You can watch the previews later today on our PREVUZE II website. Prevuze II should be up no later than noon, Eastern Time.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trent's contract is not up on DOOL until the end of October, so he will be frequently appearing in these "flashbacks" that never really happened. That means we have a month of finding out who his killer is although we know it will probably be some woman he scorned, or Claude's goon, or some other gambling debt owner he didn't pay. Or it could be one of his prof colleagues who didn't like the bad publicity he was going to cause when his past came to light. Regardless, we still have to find out what both Nick and Max fought Trent about, when Melanie stole Trent's wallet, and how Nicole knew that Trent was deceased before it was publicly known. Now that we know that Caroline pulled a knife on Trent at the Brady Pub earlier that night, it would have been easy for one of those "witnesses" who was watching through the Pub window to have hated him enough to decide to kill him since they obviously knew she would be the prime suspect.

I also wonder why Trent was still alive in the cemetary and didn't try to tell Caroline who the killer was, unless it was because he really was planning on raping her, and was still fine, just was stalking her, then someone sneaked up behind him and stuck that knife into him. Realizing he was dying, he staggerred out of the bushes, and fell on top of Caroline. I still think it's a very plausible theory that he was definitely stalking Caroline to do her bodily harm or rape her in that cemetary. I think that will be shown soon. I still think it should be Melanie behind bars, not Caroline, then they could all work to prove her innocence. She would then know how much the people of Salem love her and accept her in her new home. As it's going right now, she thinks she should have stayed in France and that none of them care about her. Even Max said she means nothing to him. I guess not? Not if he thinks she has implicated his adopted Mother. He feels he is being forced to choose between them now.

I would also like to mention that since Melanie was carded, we know she is not 21 yet, so it is still possible that she could be Nicole's child. Nicole could have been pregnant at one point. Trent could have beat her up. She mentioned having to go to the hospital once. He could have told her later when the baby was born at home that it died when it really didn't. I do believe it could have happened like that with a man like Trent.
And Melanie surely does have a lot of Nicole's traits as well as her dear old Dad's. She is a party person who likes to prey on males with a lot of money, and she likes to drink. She seems to be right at home in front of a camera. She is an opportunist.

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why those two cops were at the cemetary gate so late that night as well? Did someone call them there for a reason? Were they just checking out the cemetary? Did it give Trent's real killer the opportunity to escape unnoticed when Caroline screamed and everyone ran to her?
I guess as viewers we are all expected to believe it was all coincidence that Bo and Hope decided to take a stroll to the cemetary at exactly that time as well. Too bad they couldn't have gone in a few minutes earlier, then poor Caroline wouldn't be behind bars now. They could have saved her from all this, and found the real killer before they escaped the cemetary. We know that Trent was doing some really heavy breathing all during that episode, so it would seem he was not stabbed until just before he came out of the bushes and fell on caroline. That heavy breathing indicated he was a pervert bent on doing some kind of harm to Caroline. He just kept watching her all through the show that day.

4:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, now we know that EJ IS the father of Sami's baby and that she is into her second trimester already.

Since John has cameras everywhere, Stefano will know that Nicole is carrying EJ's child as well. Looks like everyone will know it before EJ finds out huh? Kinda makes a person feel sorry for Nicole right now. It's like Sami always beats her to the punch line with everything. I do hope John tells EJ about Nicole being pregnant so he knows both of them are carrying his children. Maybe both of them will have triplets? What a stud!

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. I forgot that Kate and EJ had an affair on DOOL. She apparently is the only woman whom EJ did not impregnate.

Looks like Daniel will now start taking care of Kate like he did his wife who had cancer until she died in his arms. Except we know that Kate won't die already. He will probably do some kind of newfangled miraculous lung transplant on Kate and save her life now. Who knows? Kate and Dr. Dan might actually end up together.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Ana said...

I just discovered your blog and I must say, I have enjoyed it tons! I had a good time reading your preview, including all the wise cracks! Thanks for a good time! I'll be a regular reader from now on!

6:49 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

"Let's have another drink," says the kid, "I don't think my FAS has kicked in yet."

I wondered about that with all of Nicole’s drinking. We’re having an autism s/l and a “green” s/l. Maybe they can kick up the public service speeches a notch and throw in an FAS s/l.

"This is DOOL," says Kayla, "He'll probably cause even more trouble when he comes back to life."

Can’t wait.

Max don' know and don' care, "She accused me of killing our father. How could she do that to me? I only threatened the guy about a dozen times a day."

I don’t understand Max copping such an attitude whenever anyone suggests he might be a suspect given his words & actions the past month. Jeez!

"I didn't kill Trent but I had murder in my heart at that moment."

Who actually talks like that, except maybe an ex-president who admitted to having lust in his heart?

There is a chance it may be lung cancer. Or I could be pregnant like everyone else in town. After all, I have been with Sureshot DiMera.."

I know that “pregnant” part was a missed italicized prevuism, but, damn that would have been funny. LOLOL

The pictures were all inspired. LOL at pro bonehead and wondered when Bulldog’s wonderful scoreboard would show up again.

I love that we are back on the day-ahead schedule. Gives me loads of time to anticipate all the zapping I can do.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, if Sami can't remember having slept with her rapist, he must have been as mediocre at it as I've always suspected. No wonder he has to use a gun to get women into bed.

Since John has cameras all over DiMansion, no doubt he'll have fun informing Lucas & Sami that they slept together soon after Lucas came home. They've have sleepwalking sex before, so it's not a stretch.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone needs to tell Sami about the birds and the bees, IMO she doesn't think she could be pregnant because 1) she's been having her periods, it does happen and 2) s/he used protection.

For the first time in months I can't wait FOR days so I can watch.

Thanks Prevuze for giving me a heads up. :D

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why (in Daniel's opinion) MUST he be there for Kate in spite of being intimate with her but he couldn't be on the Brat's case when she had an infection just because he "had feelings" for her? TLT

So, asks Nicole, "How bout them Cubs?" "Don't care," says John. This is why I love Jawn, he just says what he thinks. HAHAHA

LOL over "How could she do that to me? I only threatened the guy about a dozen times a day." I'm with you, Applecheeks. Max is such an idiot!

And I also loved "Next time," says Lucas, "Remain standing on your own two feet." That'll never happen with Sami.

Thanks for the great Prevuze today!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So dool has done it agian so the farther of samantha's baby is can we get a clue, this is just making me mad.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I want DOOL to pull a retcon and make this baby Lucas'. I don't care, I just don't think the show needs more DiMera spawn, the next generation is coming along nicely.

Who actually talks like that, except maybe an ex-president who admitted to having lust in his heart?
That depends on your definition of the word "in", Applecheeks.

Kayla asks Max about Melanie. Max don' know and don' care, "She accused me of killing our father.
Yeah, I could see how that is offensive. I mean it was only, like, a half-dozen murderous rages and maybe 8 or 9 public death threats. What the hell was she thinking!?

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A mid-show thought. It's pretty annoying how the Brady's seem to be railroading other people into prison despite the fact the Brady suspects look pretty guilty.

I mean they glossed over Max's involvement to go straight to Melanie and Nicole, despite his attempted homicide!

ugh

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

New keyboard from I.T. - $39.00

New monitor from I.T. - $250.00

Spitting coffee all over my keyboard and monitor after reading...Sami blabbers about standing on her own two feet and worries no one will hire her now that she's pregnant, "What am I gonna do?"

"Next time," says Lucas, "Remain standing on your own two feet.


PRICELESS!

Thank you Prevuze for helping us all over "hump day." :-)

As for Saggy Basket's comment, "Someone needs to tell Sami about the birds and the bees, IMO she doesn't think she could be pregnant because 1) she's been having her periods," she may not even have been having her periods yet. If she was breast-feeding the twins, her cycle may not have been back to normal yet. I know my wife and I conceived our son "by accident" because her cycles still hadn't returned to normal since she was still breast-feeding our daughter. Believe it or not, the DROOL writers may have accidentally written a story that is actually possible...

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wingnut '75, your posting was HYSTERICAL! It's also nice to know there are men posting on here, not just us women!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Melanie stays on DOOL, I think her and Phillip would make a good pair. I sensed a lot of chemistry between those two on today's show.

Melanie always looks like she is heavily drugged to me.

I vote for Nick and Chelsea to get back together. Galen Gerig is in his late 30s so he is still too old for Chelsea, who is not even 20 yet.

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder what Nico, Victor's goon, did to Trent that night?

I hope Victor gets Caroline out of jail immediately, like he got Chelsea off the hook for killing Ford Decker with his dad and the DA. I feel certain he can do the same thing for Caroline, and yes, I do hope it gets them back together again. I think a love that has survived as long as theirs has, should be enjoyed since they are both in their sunset years now.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Sami's pregnant AGAIN? I don't know if I'm excited about that or not. I would rather see Nicole pregnant with EJ's baby and see Sami get the short end of the stick for once.

That picture of Jawn is hilarious, gotta love him!

Great Prevuze today!!!

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AFAIK, Melanie is only 17 and will likely hit 18 right before she sleeps with Nick, if that ever happens.

Chelsea is now 21 or so, as I remember her drinking during that Touch the Skies?? story disaster.

I know Michelle, I agree with you completely.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelsea was SORASED to make her 21 so she could do more adult things on DOOL.

In reality she is not even 20 yet.

Rachel Melvin was amazed at how fast they aged her character.

At the rate they are SORASing these new kids, in another two years Johnny and Allie will be grown as well.

The reason the writers on DOOL are writing Sami as pregnant again is because she is pregnant again in real life. So instead of trying to hide it from the camera, they chose to go with it in a storyline.

If Melanie is only 17, she is surely doing some very adult things already, huh? Not sure I like that the writers are making her character be this adult if she is that young. It could give young girls the idea that it's okay to do things like that and ruin their lives.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs