Friday, April 07, 2006

The Bowels Of Salem

The tiresome foursome debriefs after Kate is gone. Austin and Sami tell Lucas and Carrie they are going to be great together. Carrie and Lucas head for dinner.

Sami suggests she and Austin go out. Austin agrees. Work can wait, but only if Carrie and Lucas join them.

Billie tries to contact Chelsea again. She leaves a message and tries to be conciliatory. Yeah, the brat will wind up getting her way again.

The workers are ready to seal the sewer. Grizzly tells Ed Norton to weld it shut, "No one is ever going down there again." Meanwhile, down in the bowels of Salem, the brat lies unconscious.

FirePan up from the fire on the beach. Patrick kisses Hope, "What am I doing? I shouldn't have done that."

"No," says Hope, "You're not taking advantage of me. I know what I'm doing. Throwing my ring away changes everything. Bo made his choice. And now I've made mine.

Bo sits on his couch. "I can't lose you, Fancy Face." He goes over and looks at the family pictures. "We've lost so much," says Bo, "We can't lose each other."

Billie comes out and urges him to fight. She tells Bo the divorce doesn't have to happen. Bo says there isn't much he can do. He poured his heart out to her and she slammed the door on him, "Maybe she'll come around."

"Yeah," says Billie, "With divorce papers. You need to talk in person, not by email. If she had read your email word for word, she wouldn't be asking for a divorce. Call her."

"I can't," says Bo, "I know her. If I push her she will just get angry and more determined."

Billie says, "You're just afraid of having your heart crushed again. You have too much at stake, so do something about it. You have always found your way back to each other."

Bo says, "According to her what we had was over the day I lied. She will never forgive me. But I will never give up. I will fight till the day I die."

Patrick works on Hope. Hope says, "He lied to me to protect our son's killer."

"I know how much that hurt," says Patrick, "But Bo is grieving, too."

"And who does he keep choosing," asks Hope, "His spoiled daughter and Billie."

"If you can't be with the one you love, then love the one you're with," says Patrick, "He made a big mistake. Are you willing to throw away your marriage?"

"His actions have shown me every step of the way," says Hope, "When I sent that divorce email, I was angry. I needed to know he would fight for me, but that didn't happen. He's already moved on. He's let me go."

"You and Bo can survive anything," says Patrick, "Even this."

Hope resigns herself to it, "This divorce is really happening. Too much has happened anyway, things that can't be taken back."

Patrick says, "Before you do anything else, wait to make any final decisions until you talk to him in person."

"No, I'm not going back," says Hope, "Not to Bo. Not to Salem."

Sami pulls Austin aside and tells him Lucas and Carrie probably want to be alone. Austin thinks they should show they are behind them 100%. But he tells Lucas and Carrie if they want to be alone that's OK. Lucas says Sami and Austin can join them. Austin suggests going to the party on the pier. Carrie thinks that sounds great. Lucas is unenthusiastic, but agrees.

Carrie and Lucas leave to change. Sami tells Austin she is uncomfortable with this. Austin says, "That's because you are still in love with Lucas. And I love Carrie, but we have to accept they are together now. We can't avoid each other. We have to make peace with this. This is something YOU AND I need."

Sami asks, "Did you really mean what you said in front of Kate?"

"I'm willing to try if you are," says Austin.

Lucas asks Carrie if she is OK with this. Yes, she is. It could be awkward, but Carrie wants to get along with Austin and Sami. Lucas says as long as he is with Carrie, that's the only thing that matters.

Ed the sewer man tells Grizzly they should go down and check. Grizzly says, "et's just close the thing the hell up."

The brat comes to and cries for help. "Did you hear that," asks Ed.

"Seal it! Seal it," chants the audience.

Grizzly didn't hear anything. Ed goes to work as the brat chokes. She reaches for her cell pho0ne.

Patrick asks, "What do you mean you're not going back?"

"Salem was my home," says Hope, "But not any more. There is nothing to go back for."

"If you leave Bo, you could lose your henpecking skills," says Patrick, "You can't run away from your problems."

Hope goes for the throat, "Isn't that what you are doing?"

"Good point," says Patrick, "Then, what's next. Where do you go from here?"

"I don't know," says Hope, "Staying here is just fine until I wear out my welcome."

"That's not going to happen," insists Patrick.

"I like it here. Years ago on the Fancy Face, those were some of the happiest Days Of Our Lives."

"Sounds wonderful," says Patrick.

"It was amazing," says Hope, "Peaceful. I'd give anything to be out there right now."

"Ok," he says, "Then come with me. I have a surprise." Doesn't he always?

Bo says he won't give up fighting, "But in the past, I always knew she loved me. Now I'm not so sure."

"She still does," says Billie, "You can count on that."

"That's what she said when she gave me my wedding ring," says Bo, "It's a symbol of that love. Just like the ring I gave her. I can't imagine my life without her."

"You'll get her back," insists Billie, "I know you will."

Bo says, "Thanks for being there for me."

Billie smiles, "Who, l'il ole me? " Her phone rings. "Chelsea, where are you? Are you there? Is that you? Chelsea?" Billie tells Bo the line went dead. She redials.

As the cell phone rings down in the sewer, Ed Norton tells Grizzly, "Now, you had to have heard that." Chelsea tries to pick up her phone but goes back to never-never land.

The pier is abuzz. The tiresome foursome is having a great time. Austin asks Carrie to dance. Lucas gives his approval, as long as he gets the next one. They leave and Sami lays into him. She thinks he and Carrie should be celebrating alone. Lucas says it will be OK. He's glad Carrie and Austin are working out their problems. Lucas points out Sami will be his sister-in-law. He suggests they bury the hatchet. Fine with Sami. He invites her to dance.

Carrie tells Austin this was a great idea. She wants Austin to know it means a lot to her that he approves of her relationship with Lucas. The doofus just wants her to be happy.

Lucas says this is a dream come true for him. Sami says, "We came pretty close to ending up together."

"We should have trusted each other," says Lucas, "I'm sorry I didn't trust you. And I care for you and want the best for you. I hope my brother gives you another chance. You deserve it."

Ed Norton wants to check things out. Grizzly wants to go get a beer. Ed says he will work alone if he has to. Grizzly reluctantly gives in. They remove the lid. Ed goes down and searches. He discovers the brat's broken body lying in a heap, "Hey there is someone down here. A young girl. I think she's dead. Here is her cell phone." He tosses it up, "Call 911 now!"

Billie wonders why the brat doesn't answer, "What if she's in trouble?

Bo wonders, "When isn't she in trouble? " He gets a call form the station, "I'm on my way." He tells Billie, "Someone fell into a manhole and they want a detective on the scene." He leaves. Billie follows.

Hope can't believe how much the boat they are on reminds her of the Fancy Face.

"It is the Fancy Face," says Patrick, "This is a low budget show."

She loves the feeling of being out on the ocean, "Complete freedom. Sometimes Bo and I would just take off, not even know where we were going." Patrick goes to check the lines. Hope imagines Bo coming up behind her and caressing her face.

Austin asks if Carrie really wants him to be with Sami. Carrie just wants him to be happy. Maybe they can have something again.

"I plan to," says Austin, "I don't know if it will work out, but we'll take things slow and see what happens. What do we have to lose?"

Lucas says maybe he shouldn't have said Sami didn't deserve another chance. He thinks her days of deceit are behind her. Sami vows if she gets another chance at happiness she will make it work.

"I want the best for you," says Lucas.

He seems distant. Sami asks, "What is it?"

"I was just remembering the last time we danced like this," he says. Flashback. They are perfect for each other. Sami misses fighting with him. Making up is the most fun ever. Lucas tells her he loves her. He always will. Lucas says, "I can't wait for us to spend all the Days Of Our Lives together." Sami smiles. They kiss.

Back to choke reality. Sami asks about the night he is remembering.

Norton tells Grizzly he doesn't know if the brat is alive.

Carrie hopes things work out for Austin and Sami.

"A lot of things have changed," says Lucas.

"You're right," says Sami, "But it's over between us." Austin cuts in.

Lucas and Carrie dance. Carrie tells him she and Austin had a nice talk. He hopes things work out between Sami and Austin, but wants to focus on his bride to be. Sami watches as they kiss. Austin stares at Carrie.

Hope tells the imaginary Bo, "I knew you'd come back."

Bo says, "Shawn D is all tucked away in his cute little bunk with his cute little teddy and we have the night to ourselves." Hey, I thought this was a flashback.

"Just you me and our son," says Hope, "What could be more perfect? As long as I have you, we'll always find our way."

Bo says, "I love you, Fancy Face."

Hope says, "I love you, Brady."

Back to choke reality. "I love you, Brady," she repeats.

Bo runs up to the manhole. Grizzly fills him in. Bo heads down to check things out. Billie pulls out her cell phone and tries to call the brat again. The cell phone in Grizzly's pocket rings. A shocked Billie says, "That is my daughter's cell phone. Where did you get that?"

Bo takes charge down in the sewer. He bends down over the crumpled body, "OMG! Chelsea!"


And, yet again, thanks to Crazydazy for this:

CrazyDazy Evil Granny


Previews
========

Mimi says, "I know what a great father he's going to be. I mean, he already is with Claire..." Belle says, "What?"

The tiresome foursome dances. Lucas asks Carrie, "What is it? Why are you upset?"

Patrick asks, "Bo?" Hope whispers, "Yes." Now you just can't beat dialogue like that.

Billie yells, "I don't want her to be by herself." Bo says, "We'll figure out a way to get her outta there."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So many people hit this (kind of tardy) Prevuze today, I still haven't gotten CrazyDaisy's picture to load. But, still plenty to comment on.

Bulldog hit a lot of the high spots.

Another clue that DAYS is low-budget (besides recycling props) is the obvious ploy of recycling scripts. This must be one of the easiest soaps to be on. Actors only have to memorize a half-dozen basic speeches and just repeat them ad nauseum for weeks at a time!! I wonder why they all haven't lost their minds by now, just through pure boredom. HAHAHA

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great review today! Had me LOL! If Hope and Patrick got together.... would it be Ho-Trick?!?!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs