Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Word Is 'Whore'

Carrie and Lucas twirl and kiss. He can't wait for her to be his wife.

Carrie asks if Lucas doubted he was the one. Lucas says, "I just didn't know how long it was ganna take to have you tell me."

"Well," says Carrie, "I didn't want to drag it out, except for those endless tedious hours we spent in the hospital. That was kind of fun, don't you think? "

"I'd wait until we were old and gray and had to go down the aisle with walkers," says Lucas.

"You've already been down the aisle with a Walker," says Carrie.

"I promise you," says Lucas, "You are not gonna regret this decision. I probably will, but I'm too much of a blockhead to realize that right now."

More kissing. It sounds like toilet plungers being pulled off a tile wall.

Austin insists Sami has changed. He tells Sami he wants to start dating again. Kate hits the floor like a ton of bricks.

Sami asks, "Do you think she had a heart attack?"

"No," says Austin, "I think she fainted."

"Better luck next time," says Sami.

Hope twists her wedding ring. Patrick comes up and suggests they go back to the bungalow. She wants to stay there. She just wants to be alone. Hope runs off. Patrick stares.

Billie wants Bo to call Hope. "She doesn't want to hear from me," snarls Bo.

"She needs time," says Billie.

"All I've given her is time," says Bo, "I'm so frustrated. Dammit. I took it out on Chelsea." He remembers bawling out the little imp.

Billie tells him not to feel guilty, "She was manipulating you."

Bo yells, "I'm supposed to be the adult here. I'm supposed to teach by example. But what do I do? Chase her out of the house." He dials her cell phone.

Chelsea lies in the sewer. Actually she looks quite at home. Sewer smoke drifts. The brat-phone rings. She stirs and reaches for it. Can't make it. Bo leaves a message. He wonders why she didn't answer.

"She saw the caller ID," says Billie, "She saw it was you and didn't answer. You were right. She doesn't care. She was just pretending. The only thing she cares about is keeping her butt out of prison. You're putting your marriage on the back burner. Are you gonna just give up?"

"There is no way I can pressure Hope to change her mind," says Bo, "All we can do is hope that she changes her mind before she starts divorce proceedings."

Patrick knows Hope wants to be alone, but he came back to build a fire for her and brought her a blanket. He tells her the legend of the fire and blanket. He says he will leave when the fire is going well.

"I'm alone even if you are here," says Hope, "You can stay."

Patrick brought fresh water, local rum, sugar cane, cinnamon sticks and is going to make a couple cups of grog. He tells her the legend of the grog.

Lucas tells Carrie, "It will be so wonderful to be together all the Days Of Our Lives." He asks what made her accept the proposal, "Was it my charming smile? My great looks?"

"Well," says Carrie, "It wasn't your intelligence." Carrie remembers Lexie's speech of doom. She says she just decided he was the man she wanted to be with. Lucas asks if she has told Austin yet. She says she saw him on the roof. Lucas can't believe this is really happening. Neither can we. He wants to go out and celebrate but there is something he has to do first.

Kate comes to, "I feel like... I had this nightmare... it's impossible."

"No," says Austin, "Sami and I are going to start dating again."

"It's a wonder I didn't just drop dead," says Kate.

Nicole calls. As he leaves he tells them, "No fighting!" He does his best Robert Dinero, pointing from his eyes to theirs, "I will be watching YOU!"

Once he is out of the room, the Kate-Sami Smackdown continues. "You conniving little bitch," says Kate.

Sami asks, "Is that any way to speak to your future daughter-in-law?"

Kate says, "I don't know how you did it, but somehow you got Carrie to chose Lucas over Austin, didn't you?"

Sami remembers blackmailing Lexie, "I didn't talk to Carrie about her choice. At least be happy for Lucas."

"I want all my children to be happy," insists Kate.

"What's the big deal," asks Sami, "...Oh, I see why you don't want Carrie and Lucas to be together."

Patrick serves the grog. Hope wallows in self-pity, "I know I'm the one who asked for the divorce. I was so angry. I didn't really mean it. I never expected Bo to agree immediately. I wasn't thinking, but for him to respond so quickly, then to hang up on me... You spend your whole adult life trying to build a relationship, make a home. You really think you have it all..."

Patrick suggests, "Maybe Bo responded out of anger." He tells her the legend of the angry husband.

"Then why did he hang up on me," asks Hope.

"I don't know," says Patrick.

"I really don't want this divorce," says Hope, "I think it was my way of getting Bo to understand how upset I am. He was supposed to say, 'No, I love you Hope. I will fight for our marriage.' Instead he said yes, because he would rather be with Billie and that child-murdering daughter of his."

Billie says it's her fault. Bo says she's done everything she can to keep Hope and him together. Billie says, "I manipulated you just like Chelsea did."

"No."

"I'm the reason Chelsea is the way she is," says Billie, "I gave her half her DNA. I have done things I am not proud of. Look at my mother. Maybe it's genetic. Chelsea was raised by loving parents. When I was her age I was just like her."

"No," says Bo, "That was different. You were in a desperate situation. Your father is responsible for whatever happened with you and Kate. Curtis turned you into what you were."

"The word is whore," says Billie.

"Manipulating people was a survival skill for you. You learned that. Chelsea's behavior is learned, too. And she can unlearn it, just like you unlearned yours. The best way to teach her is by example," says Bo.

"Maybe you are right," says Billie.

"First time for everything," says Bo.

Billie says, "Even so, what must she think of us? We weren't married when she was conceived. We didn't even know she was alive."

Bo says, "The DiMeras orchestrated her disappearance."

"What kind of message are we sending her," says Billie, "Her parents never loved each other."

Bo takes the bait, "That's not true. We loved each other deeply. Chelsea has to know she can have a different kind of life."

In a sewer. Rats crawl all over the rat.

Years form now Lucas wants to be able to tell their grandchildren about this. He takes a knee, "I have loved you ever since I met you. I mean, every one did. You were the face of the 90's. When I got to know you I realized you were more beautiful on the inside."

"That's a lot to live up to Lucas," says the former face of the decade, "I've done some bad things."

"I always knew I would be married to the woman I was supposed to be with," says Lucas, "I always believed that was you. It's weird. We were going through our heartaches, but God has freed us up to be together."

Carrie says, "Talk about looking for the silver lining..."

Lucas drones on, "My program has taught me to live my life by a higher power. It's given my life purpose and led me to you. I'll never hurt or betray you again. I've done some things in my past... those days are done. I wanna be the man you can be proud of."

"You will be, Lucas."

"No one's perfect," he says, "But I love you with all my heart and soul and I know there is a God who has blessed me to have you agree to be my wife." He takes her hand and puts on the ring. She looks down to see, who else, Austin.

Lucas asks, "What's the matter? You haven't changed your mind have you?"

"No," says Carrie, "I love you. Everything is perfect."

Lucas jumps up, "OK. Let's go show off the ring. We can have fillet mignon, lobster... whatever you want."

Carrie stares. She remembers the lobster caper. "No lobster," she screams.

Sami tells Kate, "You don't care about Carrie's happiness. You just want me to be alone."

"I just don't want you with my sons," says Kate, "Austin loves Carrie. She hasn't even made her decision yet."

Sami asks, "Does breaking Lucas heart every couple months give you perverse satisfaction?"

Kate says, "When Austin and Carrie are married, I can help Lucas find a wonderful girl."

Sami says, "He is perfectly capable of doing that himself. He has Carrie and Austin has me."

"They will be with loving, caring women, not you," yells Kate.

The Smackdown heats up. Austin tells Nicole he will have to call back. Kate swings around and opens the door to find... who else? Lucas and Carrie.

The rats crawl all over the brat. Billie leaves a message, "She's so damn stubborn."

"That's is genetic," says Bo, "On both sides."

Billie asks, "Did you mean it when you said she should go to prison?"

"I was angry," says Bo, "It doesn't matter what I think. The outcome of the trial isn't up to me. I'm not gonna take the law into my hands again."

"See," says Billie, "I persuaded you to do something wrong. It is my fault." She hesitates. "There is more. Chelsea knows my history. She knows I tried to break you up in the past. She knows if I can manipulate you, then why can't she."

Hope twirls her ring. She remembers her wedding, "A wedding ring is supposed to symbolize an unbroken band of love. Once that love is gone it's just a tiny piece of metal."

"I don't believe that love is gone," says Patrick. He tells her the legend of the wedding ring.

"The magic is gone," she cries, "Goodbye Bo." She flings it into the sea.

Patrick tells her the legend of the idiot who threw her wedding ring into the sea.

Kate asks what Lucas and Carrie are doing there.

Lucas says, "Carrie and I were out to celebrate and decided to give you a little good news. Carrie and I are officially engaged."

Kate can't contain her joy. Sami asks if they have set a date. They haven't. Sami is surprised. "Especially since Carrie turned you down the first time," says Kate.

Sami meows, "It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind, isn't it Kate?"

Kate tells Lucas, "I just want to see you all happy."

Sami jabs again, "She was just saying that very thing before you came in, Lucas."

Lucas asks if Kate will welcome Carrie into the family. Kate agrees. Kate tells Carrie she will be happy to have her as her daughter-in-law again. Sami has an idea, "I'll break out the champagne we have left over from the celebration we had after the Highstyle takeover... Oops. Who cares where it came from?" Lucas and Carrie smooch as Austin watches.

Sami serves the bubbly. Kate is mortified. Sami toasts Lucas and Carrie. Sami inspects the ring, "Wow! That's way bigger than the one you got me, Lucas."

"Well I'm employed now," says Lucas. Sami asks if she will be the matron of honor. Carrie chokes and says she hasn't decided yet. Sami recommends a spring wedding.

Kate takes Austin aside, "This doesn’t mean you have to start dating Sami."

"You pushed Carrie and Lucas together," says Austin.

"No."

"Then why did he thank you for your help?"

"I don't know," says Kate.

"Save it," says he snaps.

Austin wishes Carrie and Lucas all the happiness in the world. Translation: rot in hell.

Bo tells Billie she has helped to save his marriage. "Hope and I were engaged, and you loved me enough to walk away. Things would have gotten messy." Things are smooth as silk now, though.

Billie asks, "Do you think you would have chosen Hope?"

"Yeah."

"I always knew you belonged together," says Billie, "After I left Salem I couldn't let go of the idea I had given you up. I regretted not staying and fighting. But I knew if I fought fair I wouldn't have won. I have caused a lot of trouble for you and Hope. Can you forgive me?"

"Recently, you have proven yourself," says the blind man, "When Hope left town you could have taken advantage, but you didn't. It's not your fault she isn't interested. If I push her it will make things worse."

"So will doing nothing."

"It's a lose-lose situation," says Bo, "Zack's death is ripping us apart. Maybe if we help Chelsea that'll bring us closer together."

Billie asks, "What do you mean?"

"I need you as a friend," says Bo, "Chelsea needs both of us. And a team of rat exterminators, too."

Pan to the manhole. The grizzled old sewer-worker says, "Let's seal this baby up once and for all."

Ever-vigilant Ed Norton says, "Regulations say we have to go down and check it out first."

"All that's down there are pipes and rats," says Grizzly, "And they deserve a slow, painful death. Let's go." They seal the sewer along with the brat's fate.

Patrick asks, "How could you throw your ring away."

"Our marriage is over," says Hope, "I'm alone."

"No," he insists, "You're not alone. You are an incredibly amazing woman and Bo's a fool to let you go." Kiss. FF on Hope and legend-boy.


Previews
========

Carrie says, "I'm so glad that you're willing to try again with my sister." Austin says, "We'll see what happens."

Lucas says, "I can't wait for us to spend the rest of our lives together." SAMI smiles. They kiss.

DOOL

Hope says, "I'm not going back. Not to Bo. Not to Salem."

"We've lost so much," says Bo, "We can't lose each other."

4 Comments:

Blogger Quiet one said...

Wow, Patrick sure is a wise man! He's a LEGEND in his own mind!

The picture of Kate and Sami is priceless. Thanks for the laugh!

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo & Bonnie's advice to the newlyweds - too much!

And the description of Carcus kissing - plungers being pried off a tile wall - caused me to lose it big time. LMAO!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike. A similar Kate-Sami-smackdown screencap was posted on the Second Chances board by jesky72 on April 1. The spoilers predicted the catfight, so it was an idea that many people probably had.
http://groups.msn.com/
SecondChancesTheLUMIMega-Site/
spoiledrotten.msnw?action=
get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=
202800&all_topics=0

12:50 PM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Great minds indeed. I suppose when we do four or five of these cartoons per day we're bound to duplicate something. I figured someone might point out we have used this theme a couple of times before. With Kate and Sami, it seems to keep rolling around. It isn't supposed to be significant, BTW, that they are both looking up at the Smackdown sign. It just happened that way.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs