Monday, December 19, 2005

She's Been Popped Twice In The Last Month

The concert rocks. Mick rocks. Sami rocks. Carrie and Lucas rock. Mick says good night.


"I don't' believe this," says Austin, "I am never going to find Carrie in this crowd." He asks the JumboTron operator to rewind and look for him." They guy can't do it. As you may remember, in the last episode, the guy gave Austin the section number where the camera was pointed. Don't worry too much about this little discrepancy. It's just a small way of allowing the writers to hone their history-rewriting skills.

"Hey man I'm sorry," says Austin, "Thanks."

Carrie looks around. Austin bumps into her, stares ahead blankly and apologizes..." Then he turns around and says, "Carrie?"

Jennifer thanks Father Jansen for stopping by. She comes back into the house, "It was nice of father Jensen to stop by. He's so busy with Belle and Phillip. I feel so sorry for them."

Frankie says, "We'll just have to pray she pulls through."

"I hope they get a miracle this Christmas," says Jennifer, "The one we didn't get."

"You OK," asks Frankie, "I know planning Jack's funeral will be difficult."

"Well," says Jennifer, "I have a lot of experience doing that. Unfortunately it doesn't get any easier. The hardest part is I never got a chance to say goodbye even though we yammered about it in all those endless scenes."

Max (the racecar driver, not the dog) cries. Flashback to Bo saying goodbye to Chelsea. Max says, "I tried to get here sooner, Chelsea. When I drove past and saw your car I knew it was you. They had already taken you away. The cops wouldn't tell me anything. You must have been so scared. I just wish I could have been there. But I was too late. Now I gotta tell Bo. How is he gonna handle this?"

Bo and Hope rush in asking about Chelsea. The nurse is sorry, "There was nothing we could do, she's gone. I'm very sorry."

The audience cheers.

"NO," quiver, "no."

The crowd files out of the concert. Lucas and Sami meet up. Sami asks if he is following her. "Why would I do that," asks Lucas, "Are you following me? Let me guess... you're here with Austin, right?"

"Did your date ditch you," asks Sami.

"No," says Lucas, "Why would you care anyway?"

Austin searches, "Am I nuts? How could Carrie be here?"

Carrie is on her cell phone with Becky, "I'll take care of that when I come in... Becky? Can you hear me? OK. The concert was amazing."

Flashback to Carrie and Austin making love. Back to the arena. Austin sees a blonde going up the stairs. "Oh, man," he says, "She is here."

"I just blame myself," says Jennifer, "I am so stubborn. I didn't want to accept the fact he was dying. I should have made the most of every minute. Instead I had him taking vitamins and drinking those crazy drinks."

"Jack wouldn't want you beating yourself up over this," says Frankie, "He would want you to remember the good times."

"How do I do that when I don't know how I am going to go on," asks Jennifer.

"You will because you have to and I will be there to help you," says Frankie.

Max drones on, "Did I ever tell you how much fun I had at Bo and Hope's tonight? It's the first time I ever felt I was getting into the Christmas spirit. It was all because of you." He kisses her hand. Sniffle, "OK. I can't put this off any longer. I gotta tell Bo what happened."

Bo stammers, "I don't believe she's gone. I told her to be careful. I shoulda taken the car away from her. I gotta go iden... I gotta make sure it's her. Then I gotta call Billie. How am I gonna tell her this? It will destroy her."

The nurse asks Bo to come with her. Hope offers to go instead. Bo says he has to do it.

"I don't care who you date or how she treats you," says Sami.

"She'd have to treat me better than you did," says Lucas.

"Ditto," says Sami, "All I care about is how she treats our son."

Lucas leaves. Sami vows, "If he isn't going to tell me who she is, I'll find her myself."

Austin walks up to the blonde. Goliath comes up and kisses her. He gives Austin a look, "Hey, Buddy, what's your problem?"

"Nothing," says Austin, "Sorry."

Carrie flashes back. This is her favorite album of all time. It will always remind Austin of this day with her.

Sami tells Austin Lucas is there with a date. Austin says, "I didn't see Lucas, but I saw Carrie."

The nurse pulls back the shroud and uncovers the body. Whimper. Hope hugs Bo.

"Frankie, that's sweet," says Jennifer.

"Your friends and family will love and support you," says Frankie, "But I just don't want to leave you like this."

"I can't allow you to stay," says Jennifer, "You have a job, a life you need to get back to."

"It's just until you get on your own two feet."

Jennifer says, "I don't know when I will be OK? But eventually I will be fine."

Frankie plays his trump card, "I don't want to push, but this is what Jack wanted, too. He wanted to know someone would be here for you 24-7. I promised him."

"Wait a minute," says Jennifer, "Jack asked you?"

"He gave a lot of thought to it," says Frankie, "He even told Billie and Lexie and Hope how much it meant that I would be there and how it helped him be at peace with his fate."

"This is what he said in the garden," says Jennifer, "That's crazy. I know I didn't see him, but what are the odds? You are not obligated to keep that promise."

"You think I promised because I felt obligated," asks Frankie, "You're my best friend. I care about you."

"I don't want someone looking after me," whines Jennifer, "I need to do this on my own. My children and me need this time together. I need you to understand that."

"I'll go," says Frankie, "I'll leave tomorrow after the service."

"I am so grateful for your friendship. I'll miss you so much."

"If you need me I'm just a phone call away." Hug.

Bo now knows what we all knew all along, "This isn't her."

"I don't know how this happened," says the nurse.

"Perhaps," says Bo, "it's either your complete incompetence or the fact this hospital is run like the corner gas station. Did they bring in another girl tonight?"

"I'll check," The nurse leaves.

Bo and Hope hug. They feel for this girl's parents but they are grateful Chelsea is alive. They bump into Max. Max fills them in. Chelsea will be OK. Oh, the relief! How do you spell relief? L-A-M-E P-L-O-T.

The nurse comes in and tells them Chelsea will be OK. Bo pulls out his cell phone and calls Mickey. He tells him what happened. Mickey licks his chops over the pending lawsuit.

They go in to see Chelsea. She tells Bo she is so sorry. "It's OK, says Bo."

Carrie runs through the crowd, "What if I never find Lucas?"

Lucas wanders, "Good," he says, "I lost her. I can't believe I dumped her and she still wants to ruin my life. She's not ruining my night with Carrie, though."

Austin tells Sami about seeing Carrie on the JumboTron. Sami says she was looking at it too and didn't see Carrie. Sami goes to buy a T-shirt and poster for Will.

Carrie finds Lucas. He tells her Sami and Austin are there. Carrie panics, "Lucas I am not ready for them to know I am back in the US yet."

Sami sees Lucas in the crowd and yells for him as they go off.

Jennifer tells Frankie she really will miss him. He will miss her. We won't miss this crud, though.

The doorbell rings. It's a delivery. A fully decorated tree. Frankie ordered it. Jennifer thinks it's beautiful.

"Merry Christmas to you and your wife," says the delivery boy as he leaves. Frankie wishes him a Merry Christmas as he hands him a wad. Jennifer turns on its lights. She can't believe it's this close to Christmas, "You're the most amazing man. I'm afraid I'm making a terrible mistake letting you go."

"What about my car," asks Chelsea.

"The car didn't make it," says Max.

"Who cares about a car," asks Bo.

"I do," says the brat, "I needed that car. It was the only thing I had that was all mine. It was all that mattered. Uh... besides my family and friends."

A cop comes up and asks to talk to Bo.

Max comforts Chelsea. He tells her about passing the accident. He thought maybe she was dead.

"I might as well be," she whines, "Without my car my life is over."

The cop tells Bo and Hope, "I thought you should know. I clocked her at 30mph over the speed limit. I was about to pull her over when she had the accident."

Bo says sheepishly, "Uh... I've been talking to her about her driving."

"I ran her license," says the officer, "Detective, this is her third strike."

Bo says, "We didn't know she had any tickets. We thought she only had warnings."

"She's been popped twice in the last month," says the officer, "She will have to go to court."

"Well," says Bo, "Losing her license could be the best thing that could happen to her."

"You know she won't take this well," says Hope.

"I'd better be the one to tell her," says Bo.

Not having a car is a big deal to Chelsea. Max says he will drive her around. "Winning that car was the only good thing that's happened to me since my parents died," says Chelsea.

Max reminds her, "You found your real parents."

"Don't say real," says Chelsea, "I found Bo and Billie."

Bo comes in. Max tells him Chelsea thinks her life is over now that she doesn't have wheels. Bo asks for a moment alone.

"You know something," says Bo, "You gotta think positive here. You're alive after a terrible accident."

"It sucks finding out I lost my car," she says.

Bo gives her the bad news, "That's not all you lost. Your license has been suspended."

"No way," she yells, "Dad, you have to fix this. You have to do something!"

Austin and Sami leave the arena. Sami rants. Austin says, "Will you calm down!"

Sami yells, "No! Not until I find out the name of that slut Lucas was with."

Austin asks, "Why? What're you gonna do when you find out? What're you gonna do? Just relax and enjoy the walk back."

Sami calms down. "Seeing the Stones was pretty incredible. Giggle."

"You forgot to take your Prozac again, didn't you," Asks Austin.

Lucas and Carrie come out.

Frankie says, "You're not making a mistake. You're doing what you need to do. We'll always be friends, Jen. I'll check in on you."

"I know that," says Jennifer, "You're my best friend."

Frankie sighs, "There is nothing I wouldn't do for you. Well, I'd better start packing."

"No, Frankie," she says, "It isn't going to be the same without you around."

"You'll be all right," says Frankie, "Promise me."

"Promise," says Jennifer.

Frankie says, "I'll see you in the morning."

She stops him and thanks him for everything. He leaves. Jennifer stares, sniffles and contemplates at the Christmas tree. Flashback to Santa Jennifer. She wants to be Jack's wife again. She proposes. Yes. Giggle. Hug. Frankie watches outside the window. He leaves as Jennifer inspects the tree.

Hope tells Max he couldn't have done anything to stop this, "Chelsea needs to learn from this experience."

"There is nothing I can do," says Mr. Tough-Love.

"I don't believe that," says Chelsea, "You're the senior detective on the Salem PD. And a Kiriakis and your wife is a Horton."

"Sorry," says Bo, "Can't help."

Chelsea begs, "Dad, please you have to do something. I'm your daughter. I thought you cared about me."

"That's exactly why I can't do anything."

Chelsea's head turns 360°. She spews bile, "GET OUT!"

Bo goes outside and calls Father Jansen for an emergency exorcism.

Max goes back in. He tells her Bo is doing what he thinks is right. "The right thing would be to stick up for his daughter," says Beelzebub, "They're dead to me now! As dead as my real parents are!"


Previews
========

Austin says, "It was a great concert except..." Nicole asks, "What?" Austin says, "I saw a ghost from my past." Nicole wrinkles her brow.

Lucas says, "Of all the horrible, unconscionable things you've ever done, Sami, this has gotta top 'em all!"

Bo tells Hope, "After all the time I lost with Victor, I don't want the same thing to happen with Chelsea and me."

Alice says, "You're going to be OK, Jennifer. I promise you."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so nice that neither Father Jansen nor Lexi have other parishioners/patients so that they can be running to Claire's bedside at a moment's notice.

That Becky is one zealous assistant. She's at work even in the middle of the night.

Loved the crack about Salem hospital being run like a corner gas station as well as the description of Chelsea's head turning 360 degrees. HAHAHAHA

Prevuze rocks!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs