Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Mine, All Mine

Mimi the Elf says, "I feel so stupid in this outfit!" Then you should feel right at home wearing it.

"Where is your Christmas spirit," asks Bonnie, "These outfits sell trees, and that's what the holidays are all about."

Mimi skates across some pretty thin ice, "I thought Christmas was supposed to be about the birth of Jesus... Or something like that."

"Something like that," repeats Bonnie, "You'll notice Max isn't complaining."

"I would if I could talk," thinks Max.

Bonnie says, "I need you to help me set up my tree lot. I don’t have much time to sell my merchandise and I could say the same for you."

"I'm not even gonna ask what that means," says Mimi, "I hope you didn't swipe your trees again this year. I don't want you to wind up in jail. I've been there, and let me rest you assure (sic), you wouldn't like it."

"I'm not selling for charity this year," says Bonnie, "The profits are mine all mine." Bonnie drags out her basketball-sized Christmas bulb. "I guess this won't be hanging on Alice's tree this year. I am having my name taken off and yours put on. If you play your cards right, you will be married to Shawn Brady this time next year."

"No way in hell that will happen," says Mimi.

Max growls.

Ho and Dope set up their tree. They talk about all they have to be grateful for. Hope's heart breaks for Jennifer and Abby. Bo says they have to get into the Christmas spirit for Zach.

Alex says, "Trust me, Kate. I think you should take advantage of this now that Marlena is committed to me. I know you're still in love with John."

"I don't want to discuss it," says Kate, "I can only think about my son and his daughter in the hospital. You're wrong if you think John will give up on Marlena."

The aforementioned couple smooches. John gives her his Popeye stare, "Merry Christmas, Marlena."

Belle freaks. Lexie won't let her or Shawn give any more blood. The nurse brings Shawn's blood. Lexie bawls her out for not checking with her first. Lexie rushes out. Belle goes to find Shawn.

Shawn gets up from the gurney and faints. Belle runs into the room. Shawn is out cold on the floor, "Shawn, are you OK? Shawn?"

"You shouldn't have done that," says Marlena, "I'm married."

"It's not what you think," says John. He points to the mistletoe, "It's just tradition." Marlena smiles. Flashback to Christmases past. Marlena remembers kissing under the mistletoe.

"And you remember we could never stop with just one," says John

"What's taking Marlena so long," asks Alex, "Where's John? If you'll excuse me..."

Marlena pulls away. John tries again. Alex comes in, "WHAT THE HELL? YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Alex attacks. Marlena steps in, "No, please, stop! Don't!"

Belle helps Shawn up. Lexie comes in and lectures him. Shawn isn't sorry. Claire got the transfusion and is stable. Now it's Shawn who needs a transfusion. Maybe Claire could donate.

Lexie gives her crack medical diagnosis, "This isn't good." Shawn gives a woozy stare.

Bonnie reminds Mimi Shawn is part Horton and part Kiriakis, "I'm not letting you make the same mistake I made. You are the Lockhart's last chance to move up in the world."

"I would never marry anyone for money," says Mimi.

"Yeah and you also told me you wouldn't marry Shawn," says Bonnie.

Mimi says, "If Shawn and I get married, which is unlikely, I would just want a normal ornament. Shawn and I are not getting married."

"You two seem to be getting pretty cozy," says Bonnie, "You are still getting close, right?"

"He has been preoccupied lately," says Mimi, "One thing on his mind is all he can handle. It's as if he thinks Claire is his own child. At least we don't have to use birth control."

Ding-ding-ding-ding-ding! JACKPOT! Bonnie goes wild, "You've been holding out on me! I knew if you put your mind to it... And your body, you could rope a cash cow!"

"Oh, why did I say that," asks Mimi, "Mom, he is a mechanic."

"Yes," squeals Bonnie, "for now, but soon his Kiriakis cash funds will come in!"

Mimi starts to leave.

"Let me guess," says Bonnie, "You have a hot date."

Mimi says, "Shawn is preoccupied with Claire. He is at the hospital with Belle."

Bonnie reels in shock, "That is the way to lose him forever!"

Hope reads a story to Zach. She goes down with Bo and tells him how excited Zach is about Christmas. Hope wants to have a turkey dinner and invite everyone, including Mimi, "I'm getting used to the sound of that. Shawn and Mimi, not Shawn and Belle. But I'll always think it's kinda sad about Shawn and Belle."

"It's over with them," says Bo.

"Gram doesn't think so," says Hope, "She purchased an ornament for Belle. She said something told her not to get rid of it yet. She seems to have a sixth sense they will get together some day. Or, if things work out it might be Mimi's ornament some day."

Bo says, "If Mrs. H is so sure about Shawn and Belle, maybe they are meant to be together." Hope cocks her head and raises an eyebrow.

"You have no right putting your hands on my wife," yells Alex. He turns to Marlena, "He was forcing himself on you!"

"He wasn't," insists Marlena, "We were under the mistletoe and it reminded us of moments in the past."

John sneers, "I know how much you hate to hear that, doctor, but it brought back memories. And I'm sure it brought back some genuine feelings as well."

"I'm just happy you are remembering," says Alex, "I'm not threatened by that. And I'm sure you have special memories of the Christmases we spent together."

Flashback. "I do," says Marlena.

"Now, the only question is which of those memories means more to you," says Alex. Marlena contemplates and remembers Christmases with Alex.

Ho and Dope argue about interfering. Bo points out Mrs. H was the only one who thought Bo and Hope should be together. Bo says she is always right.

"You're starting to convince me," says Hope, "What if Shawn and Belle really do have a future? Damn those sacred wedding vows, anyhow. Mark my words, though, wedding vows are iron clad when it comes to you and Billie."

Shawn's blood pressure is dangerously low. Shawn says, "It was worth it if I could help save the baby."

Lexie gets him to lie down. She goes check on Claire.

"You...," says Belle, "How will I ever thank you?"

"I would do anything for her," mumbles Shawn, "Just like I would do anything for you."

"I always thought when I had a baby it would be with you," sighs Belle.

"If Claire had been mine," says Shawn, "we'd probably still be together wouldn't we?" The guy's a genius.

Mimi tells Bonnie she will not lose Shawn, "He is with Belle for moral support. Besides Phillip is there. I called to check earlier and Belle told me Phillip is finally getting some sleep in the on-call room."

"Asleep in another wing of the hospital isn't exactly there," shouts Bonnie, "You have to get down there pronto and get your hot little bod between them and I don't mean in a three way. I just want you to marry Shawn, have a family and live happily ever after."

"Even though Shawn talks about adoption," says Mimi, "I know he wants his own family. I can't give him that."

Bonnie assures her, "He will be thrilled to adopt."

"Thank you. I appreciate you saying that," says Mimi.

"You know the best part," says Bonnie, "You get to keep that cute little bod. There will be no weight gain or stretch marks."

Mimi says, "I don't care if I gained 100 pounds, I'd give anything to have a baby growing inside me. If Shawn had to choose between adoption and having his own child with Belle, I sure know which he would choose."

Bo tells Hope, "I'll be happy if Shawn finds someone who makes him as happy as you have made me." Zach comes in and asks if Santa has come yet. No, but as a substitute they hang their Christmas stockings. They even got one for J.T. Hope has a surprise for Bo after Zach goes to bed. Zach doesn't want to go to bed. Bo hauls him up. Hope digs out the present.

Bo comes back down. Hope gives him the present. Not what he had in mind... a stocking for Chelsea. Bo thinks this is great. It means Hope thinks of Chelsea as family. Smoochies. Bo hangs the stocking and puts a few hundred bucks in it just to get things started. More smooches.

Marlena stares. Alex asks which memories mean more. Marlena says, "John, I’m sorry. I'm married to Alex. I will be sharing this Christmas and all the Christmases for all the Days Of Our Lives with him."

Kate watches, "Maybe I do have a chance with John."

Alex adds, "Let's get one thing straight. She is no longer your wife and kissing her is out of line."

Marlena assures him, "It meant nothing."

"Yes it did," insists John, "to both of us."

Marlena says, "Alex is my husband and I need... want to give that a chance." They leave. John starts after them but Kate stops him, "Let them go."

Shawn holds Belle's hand. Belle sighs, "Things really turned out differently than either of us planned. But the reality is Claire is Phillip's and this crisis has brought us closer."

"I understand," says Shawn, "I'm glad you feel that way."

Belle says, "But I want you to know I will never forget what you did here tonight. This is why we chose you and Mimi to be the godparents. If Claire survives..."

"She will!"

"If she survives, she will know her godfather saved her life," says Belle.

Lexie comes in. Grim news, "I am so sorry to have to tell you this. It seems her liver is starting to fail."

Shawn protests, "I thought the blood I gave her helped."

"It did for the time being," says Lexie.

Kate tells John not to go after Alex and Marlena. John has to accept Marlena's decision. Belle calls. He needs to get to the hospital.

Alex tells Marlena they will go to the hospital, too, but he's going to keep his eye on her.

Bonnie tells Mimi if Shawn loves her nothing else will matter. Mimi stayed a good person in spite of Bonnie, "Now you're finally gonna find true happiness with Shawn." Max-the-dog barks. "Even Max is sure." Gigglegigglegiggle.

Ho and Dope have removed their cumbersome clothing. Bo asks about Jennifer seeing Jacks spirit. Hope doesn't think it's so crazy. Hope tells Bo about Jack's request to Frankie, "He wanted Jennifer and Frankie to fall in love again and for Frankie to eventually take his place as Jennifer's husband."

"Boy," says Bo, "Talk about being selfless!"

Hope says, "Incredible, isn't it."

"Stupid is the word I had in mind," says Bo, "Lockhart wouldn't have even waited until Jack's body was cold."

"Billie and Patrick are getting close," says Hope, "Right now, I'm sure she's the only woman on his mind."

Bo doesn't want to spoil the evening by talking about Patrick. Hope tells him to be civil when Patrick is at the memorial service for Jack tomorrow.

Mimi picks a tree for Belle and Philip's loft. Bonnie picks mistletoe for Mimi and Shawn, "Light that's mans fire every time you can and he will be eating out of your hand like a sweet little puppy dog."

Max agrees, "Bark!"

Belle waits. Claire's organs fail like a nuclear chain reaction. Shawn comes up. Claire's machines scream. Not to be outdone, Belle puts on a hysteria clinic. John and Kate come in. Kate wonders where Phillip is. Claire hovers near death. Belle's hysteria competes with Claire's machines for attention.

FF on Kate watching Shawn and Belle hug.


Previews
========

Austin says, "You should be happy I want to go with you to the concert." Sami giggles, "I mean, if it's the Stones, it would be the most exciting thing ever."

Marlena bawls, "I don't know what I'd do without you." Alex says, "Then let me be there for you. Let me take care of you." Kiss.

John gives a blank stare, "I've lost her, Kate," says John, "I've lost her."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Max-the-dog ROCKS!

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Nicky. Max is soooooo cute!

LOLOLOLOL "Popeye stare". Now I'll never be able to watch Squints squinting without thinking about Popeye!

Lexi's crack diagnosis, "This isn't good.", was just too good.

Meems, "At least we don't have to use birth control." If that isn't a set-up for a future 'miracle' pregnancy (about the same time Shelle finally discover Claire's real paternity), I don't know what is.

Great pictures and Prevuze today!

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they would stop shoving the Rolling Stones down our throats. Does anyone even listen to them anymore? They seriously need to retire.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I was thinking the same thing as applecheeks. Meems will find out she preggers, and have told Shawn and gotten at least engaged because of it, JUST before the word comes out that Clair is his.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Yeah, Mimi will wind up pregnant again and then we'll start a Prevuze pool with odds on whether or not she will be so distraught that Claire is Shawns and Shawn is headed back to Belle that she'll have her SECOND abortion even though she's regretted her first one with all her heart and soul.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My secondary thought was whether Mimi will even TELL Shawn that she's pregnant.

I can see it now...She'll find out after he's already gone back to Belle. She'll leave town so no one knows she's pregnant and come back without a baby (telling her Mom she lost it too). The kid can then show up 5 years from now as an 18 year old who will fall in love with Claire (who will be 18 by that time too) his (or her if the show is progressive) half-sister. HAHAHAHA

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs