Friday, December 09, 2005

The Mary Smith Affair

Pan down on the LA skyline. "So your name is really Mary Smith," says Becky, "Please don't tell me your boyfriend is John Doe. I'll make sure my boss reviews this application." Becky goes off and Nicole rushes into the CEO's office.

Nicole snoops. Becky comes running up and says, "Excuse me, but you can't be in here."

Lucas tells Carrie this evening has been great, "You want me to keep my paws off Highstyle. I understand you're not ready to sell. It's not like it would be a hostile takeover, but I respect your wishes. It hasn't been a total wash. If I wouldn't have had my eye on your company I wouldn't have known you were back."

Carrie says, "This time of year I really miss Salem."

"What's stopping you from going back?"

"Well," says Carrie, "I know LA is supposed to be the land of fruits and nuts, but they are amateurs compared to the wackos in Salem."

Austin and Sami go over the Highstyle numbers. Sami flashes back to a moment with Lucas.

Austin notices she is distracted, "Let's get our heads in the game. The banker will be here any minute."

Sami tires to concentrate, "Let's see, we've got the holdings, the company's assets, the CEO... Austin, OMG, you are not going to believe this!"

Victor comes in. Kate asks what he is doing there. Victor says, "The guard used to work for me. So he called me first, before contacting the authorities."

"Thank God," says Kate.

"I wouldn't be thanking Him just yet," says Victor, "Shawn is my grandson. Changing his medical record, you could have killed him."

"Why don't I just change it back?"

"No," says Victor, "That record will stay just as it is. You are going to jail for attempted murder."

Shawn knocks on the door to Claire's room. He finds Claire in Belle's arms.

Frankie stares into the abyss, "She asked me to leave Salem."

Hope asks, "Do you really think she wants you to leave?"

"I don't know," he says, "I just can't stop thinking about the promise I made Jack. I think it's too soon for her to be by herself."

"Frankie," says Hope, "You really don't want to leave."

Jennifer stands outside with Jack, "I can't believe it. I knew you were alive." She hugs him.

Jack is dispassionate.

Becky asks what she is doing in there. Nicole says she was admiring the beautifully wrapped packages. She sees the budget sitting on the desk and says, "Why don't I leave you my cell phone number?" As she reaches for a notepad, she spills half of everything on the desktop. Nicole stoops to pick up the papers and says, "I don't believe it. Is that what I think it is?"

Lucas wants Carrie to fly back with him on the company jet. Carrie declines. The spring line of products is set to ship. She can't afford to be away.

"Look," says Lucas, "I got a solution. This time I want you to seriously consider it. I want you to sell Highstyle to me."

Sami says she found something they haven't seen before. "The CEO has no experience in cosmetics. Why did they hire her in the first place?"

"Does 'her' have a name," he asks.

"No," says Sami, "but her lack of experience will seal the deal."

"Not if she doesn't want to sell," says Austin. He looks around, "It's been a long time since I was in LA. I was thinking of when Carrie and I came here to look for you. Have you been in contact with her?"

"You just lectured me about bringing up her name. And now you're bringing it up. I need a drink," Sami storms off.

Carrie is upset, "You wanted my company all along. I should have known. Excuse me." Carrie runs off.

Sami is at the bar. She starts to order. "OMG," she stares across the room.

Kate asks Victor not to call. Victor says he can't believe it, "If they would have brought him in here in an emergency they could have killed him."

Kate asks the guard to excuse them. He leaves. Kate says, "I was trying to protect our son from that slut Belle. The baby is Shawn's."

Shawn starts to leave, but Belle tells him he doesn't have to go, "You have seen me nurse the baby before. She's eating and that's a good sign."

"She is so beautiful," says Shawn.

Belle agrees. She hands Claire over to Shawn. Shawn and Claire hit it off.

Frankie says he doesn't want to leave.

Hope wonders, "You don't think Jack told her do you. Do you think she didn't want to feel obligated so she asked you to leave?"

"No," says Frankie, "Right now she might lean on me for the wrong reasons. Even if she has accepted his death, it's a long time till she will be OK. Jack has come back before, so why should she believe this time is for real, especially since they didn't find the body. The day she realizes he won't come back, that's the day I need to be there for her."

Jennifer asks Jack what happened, "You don't even look wet. Why didn't they find you?"

"You need to listen to me Jennifer," he drones, "I've come to tell you goodbye."

Becky tells "Mary Smith" she needs to get out, "I appreciate your help but you need to leave this office. You can get me fired."

"I don't think so," says Nicole, "Your CEO is obviously nice to the employees."

"You're right," says Becky, "But you have to leave."

"I hope my clumsiness doesn't exclude me from any opportunities," says Nicole.

"No," says Becky, "I know exactly where to file your application."

Nicole leaves. Outside, she leans against the door and says, "Oh, Nicole, that chick on Alias has nothing on you."

Mr. Giles meets Austin and Sami at the restaurant. Busy man, he immediately gets a phone call and goes off to take it.

Austin apologizes for bringing up Carrie's name. Sami says she has been in touch with Carrie. She is living the perfect fairly tale with Mike. Giles comes back. Let the wheeling and dealing begin.

Lucas chases Carrie outside. He says he sees a shooting star and tells Carrie to make a wish, "Yeah, I'm not gonna take over your company. But I wish you would sell Titan a small share. It has potential. When I was eyeing your company I had no idea you had anything to do with it."

"I'm sorry Lucas," she says, "I overreacted. I would let down my employees if I turned it over to anyone. Even a small percentage."

Lucas says, "I respect that. But I gotta warn you. I guarantee someone else will try to take it over."

"That would kill me." That would make some people happy.

Giles looks over the info on Highstyle, "You may have a winner here."

"Let's back this up," says Victor, "What gave you the idea Claire was Shawn's child?"

She tells him about the blood types.

"You're not a doctor," says Victor.

"Victor," says Kate, "I did the research. There is no way Phillip could be the father. Belle wouldn't have been with anyone else but Shawn. And there is some uncertainty about the due date because of the size of the baby. The date of conception coincides with the date Shawn and Belle were trapped in the burning barn. When they picked them up they were dazed and confused, which is normal, but they were also naked."

"I'm going to clear this up," says Victor, "I'm going to tell Shawn he is the baby's father."

Belle whines, "When she was first born I loved her so much. I am so sorry."

"You have nothing to apologize for," says Shawn. You were sick. I would do anything for you and your baby.

Hope says, "I know how concerned you are about Jennifer. But maybe if you let her sand on her own two feet, it will make her stronger."

Frankie says, "She wants me to leave. Obviously, it'll be hard, but I'll go."

Jennifer says she doesn’t understand. Jack, of course, tells her, "I am saying goodbye because I am dead, Jennifer. The Days Of Our Lives are now history."

Becky rummages through the budget. She can't find the top sheet, "There is something so fishy about your application, Mary Smith. I'm going to call Carrie."

Nicole says, "Oh, poor Becky and the rest of the staff. They will be so upset when they look in their stockings and find pink slips. Happy Holidays." I guess they can't say the "C" word on this show, either.

Carrie says she would be upset if someone tried to buy the company. Lucas tells her she is in a vulnerable position. Carrie gets a call. She goes off to take it. It's Becky. Becky tells her they have a potential problem.

Nicole shows up and Lucas introduces her to Giles. She hands Austin the budget sheet.

"Where did you get this," he asks.

"I was doing some research."

He hands it to Giles. Nicole thinks Highstyle has a great name and they could come up with some great marketing slogans. She rattles off a few. Giles likes her style. He advises them to, "snatch up this company."

Giles leaves to take another call. Sami and Nicole argue. Nicole spills a drink on Sami accidentally on purpose. Sami goes nuts. Austin tells them both to settle down.

Belle tells Shawn Claire is lucky to have him as a godfather. Shawn suggests Belle lie down and rest.

Kate 'splains why she did this.

"I have been down this road before Kate," says Victor, "Bo was an adult before I found out he was my son." What is he implying? They keep recycling old stale plots on this show? Naw, they would never do that.

"Maybe I wasn't thinking clearly," says Kate, "but I couldn't stand to see Phillip lose anything else.

"I'm sorry," says Victor, "I know you thought this was right, but I can't keep this secret any longer."

"Stop it Jack," says Jennifer, "This isn't funny."

Jack says, "You have to listen to what I have to say. I'll always be right here Jennifer." He touches her heart. "But logistically there are certain things I can't do for you right now. Before I died, I took certain steps to take care of you and my family. I asked Frankie to look after you. I want Frankie to take my place." Jennifer stares.

Becky tells Carrie about the Mary Smith Affair. When she started to clean up she realized the top sheet was missing. Becky thinks Highstyle may be the target of a hostile takeover. She thinks Mary Smith was a spy.

"You might have a point," says Carrie, "I just wish I knew who was behind this."

Austin tells Nicole and Sami, "If we don't snatch this company up, someone else will." Sami goes to clean up.

Lucas' phone rings. It's a text message from Eugenia, "Austin's company is moving in on Highstyle." Lucas says, "He doesn't know what he's in for."

Carrie tells Becky not to worry. Sami and Carrie walk in slow motion on a collision course.

Kate begs Victor not to say anything to Phillip. Victor tells her, "I'm not going to say a word to him. You are."

Belle overhears Shawn talking to Claire, "You know, you could have been mine."

Jennifer asks, "Why would you ask Frankie to take your place? My place is with you. You aren't dead. You're standing right here." She wants him to come with her. He won't, so she goes inside to get Frankie.

Jennifer runs in babbling, "You're not going to believe this. You're not going to believe this. Jack is alive!" "You're right," everyone says in unison, "We don't believe it.

FF on the hopeful, but delusional Jennifer.



Previews
========

Kate says, "He's feeling more pain than he has ever felt in his entire life. Why does he have to feel more?" Victor says, "He needs to know the truth." Phillip walks up behind them and asks, "The truth about what, Dad?"

The attendant asks Carrie, "Miss, are you OK?" Carrie is on the floor, "I'm fine." Sami says, "OMG I recognize that..."

Hope tells Jennifer, "Jack knew Frankie was someone he could count on." Jennifer yells, "I don't want Frankie! I want Jack!" Focus in on Frankie with a zombie-stare.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pictures were awesome today, especially the one with Austin's run-down of his business's qualifications. HAHAHAHA

And Prevuze use of additional materials to enhance the reader's viewing pleasure continues to amaze...the Christmas cartoon was a hoot!

Of course, something has to enhance the viewers' enjoyment of this show, 'cause the plot sure isn't doing it!!

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't Frankiw always have some sort of zombie look?

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the cartoon!! Thanks for posting.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs