Monday, December 05, 2005

Washed Up

Sami rustles around the kitchen and stares at Austin's Filofax, "No! I just can't believe it. I can't believe he'd write that in his freakin' Filofax. Carrie Freakin' Brady . I can't believe he's still in love with her, my bitchy sister. Good thing she's living with Mike in Israel, because if she were here right now, I'd kill her!" Pan to the Filofax.

Carrie works. Lucas comes in with coffee, "Coffee break? Union rules... I have your very favorite coffee and a croissant."

Carrie gobbles the croissant, "Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Just hard to believe you are the CEO of Highstyle. Plus you're easy on the eyes," says Lucas.

"Thanks for the compliments," smiles Carrie, "but Highstyle is not for sale."

Lucas assures her, "I’m just here to see a friend."

Carrie talks about her memories of Salem, "It seems like a lifetime ago. You never wanted to hurt me like my sister. Those memories are one of the reasons why I haven't gone back to Salem in all these years, and probably never will." Translation: I'll be back in Salem before you can say, "Cheesy predictable soap."

Bo and Hope interrupt Billie at Jennifer's door. "Oh God," cries Billie, "They found Jack's body." Roman comes up. "It's not good news is it," asks Billie.

Inside, Abby cries, "If it was good news Commander Brady would not have to come over here in person." Jennifer assures her Jack is not dead. The doorbell rings ominously.

The public address system in the hospital crackles, "CODE BLUE! PEDIATRIC ICU! CODE BLUE!" This sparks yet another Belle Époque in the waiting room, "What's happening? SHE'S DYING!!"

Lexie comes out. "Just tell me," bawls Belle, "is my baby dead?"

Lexie announces, "Despite the medical care she is receiving, Claire is still alive. Her condition seems to be worsening though. SHE NEEDS A TRANSFUSION. Even through you're her parents we need to test your blood."

Kate observes and flashes back. "No," she yells. You can't do that." Stares all around.

Max gets the door. The grim gang walks in. Jennifer thinks it's great Zach is there to play with Jack Junior. They send the kids off to play. Down to business. "Jen, Roman needs to talk to you," says Hope.

"No, Roman," cries Jennifer, "If you don't know where he is, I don't want to hear it. Because the last ten or fifteen times he died he was off somewhere else. So get out of my house and find my husband."

"Mom, stop," says Abby, "There is nowhere else to look. I wanted to believe it also, but we have to face the truth. Daddy's dead."

"Don't you dare say that," says Jennifer, "He is coming home!"

"De Nile is not just a river in Egypt," says Roman, "I am sorry, but I'm afraid Abby is right."

"Did you find his body," Asks Jennifer.

"No."

"Then I am telling you he is not dead," wails Jennifer, "I have blueberry pancakes waiting for him."

Hope tries to comfort Jennifer, but tells her, "Jack's gone. You need to accept it."

"I cannot accept that," says Jennifer, "I just can't."

Sami snoops through Austin's Filofax looking for other notes. She finds another one, "Today is the anniversary of Carrie and me getting engaged. Maybe I should check in with her and Mike."

"Maybe he should," says Sami, "When he sees how happy they are he will come to his senses. What is it about her that every single guy she meets falls in love with her? Including Lucas"

Lucas tells Carrie she is caring and unselfish, "Salem is your home. You have to come back if it's only for a visit."

"I can't tell you how many times I've thought about it," sighs Carrie, "But I don't want to deal with questions about the breakup."

"I know how you feel about that," says Lucas, "Those questions only make it worse."

"Plus," she adds, "there is the old stuff with family. I think if I went back it would only make things worse. Sami is so divisive. Can we please talk about anything else?"

"Yeah," says Lucas, "I have to check up on Will." He starts to call Sami.

"Please don't tell her you've seen me," asks Carrie.

Lucas calls Sami. He tells her he will be away a little longer.

"Away where," she asks.

Lucas is evasive, "I made arrangements for Will last night and today, but I need someone to watch him tonight, all right?"

Sami insists, "Answer me! Where are you? Who are you with?"

Kate lobbies against the blood tests. She thinks there should be blood in the blood bank already. Lexie tells her Phillip and Belle requested direct transfusion. Lexie makes arrangements for the tests. She tells them the transfusion won't solve all Claire's problems. For example, Belle will still be her mother. But at least the transfusion will allow her to fight the infection. She looks at the records, "I'm afraid we can't use your blood, Phillip."

Jennifer keeps it up. Even Abby joins the crowd ganging up on her. Roman tells her the search has been called off. Jennifer goes nuts. Roman tells her there is no hope. Jack couldn't have survived more than fifteen minutes in that cold water. Jennifer denies all. Roman tells her they combed the riverbanks. Because of homeland security they have a record of all boats on the river. Nobody picked him up. Roman is sorry but Jack is washed up.

Jennifer cries, "Ohmygosh, he's really dead this time!"

Lucas says he doesn't owe Sami an explanation. Carrie brings him coffee and he thanks her.

"Who are you with," shouts Sami, "Are you calling me when you're with some woman?"

"I'm on a business meeting," he insists.

"I know what kind of business," yells Sami, "I'll take care of Will. He needs one parent who cares for him."

Carrie pulls out a picture of her and Austin and flashes back to dancing with him. They will love each other forever, which is about three weeks DOOL time. She has made his life perfect and complete. Austin promises her, "We will spend every Christmas together for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Lucas hangs up and asks Carrie if she is OK. Carrie is distracted.

Max plays with the kids. Chelsea watches. Roman asks if there is anything he can do. Jennifer begs, "If you could reinstate the search... I know he's dead. Just find his body please."

Roman says, "You have my word on that." That pretty much guarantees it. There will be no body.

Bo asks Hope if she is OK, "Times like this make you question everything."

"Times like this make me feel closer than ever to you," says Hope.

Times like this make me want to zap through the whole show.

Bo says, "I love you fancy face." Billie watches.

Zach asks Max, "What is wrong with Mommy?"

"She will be OK," says Max, "Daddy is taking care of her."

Chelsea comforts Abby, "When we were in the accident, after my parents died... I'm sorry you didn't get to say goodbye to your dad."

"I knew he would die," cries Abby, "But we thought we had more time."

Roman tells her no one can ever prepare for a loss like this.

Hope watches Chelsea and tells Bo his daughter needs him. Bo goes over and hugs Chelsea.

Billie comes up to Hope, "Thank you for that." Hope asks if there is any news about Claire. Billie didn't know about her. When Hope tells her about Claire's situation, Billie can't believe Kate didn't call her. She starts to rush out but realizes Chelsea needs her, "I can't leave her right now, but Belle and Phillip are facing the possibility of losing a child. Even though we found Chelsea it doesn't take away the pain I felt when I thought I lost her. And having JT taken away from you, it's kind of the same thing, isn't it?"

"At least Bo and I know he is being raised by people who care," says Hope, "Losing a husband. That's unbearable, but losing a child... that's something a parent should never have to face."

Lexie says Phillip can't donate blood because of the medication he is taking for his leg. But apparently Belle can donate even though she's practicing better living through chemistry for PPD. Shawn and Mimi suggest they have their blood typed, too. Kate thinks that's a bad idea. She flashes back to going through the records.

Lexie asks if Kate is all right, "You look like you're about to pass out. Why don't you go sit down and put your head between your legs?"

Kate suggests, "Why don't you go soak your head?"

"I know this isn't easy," says Lexie, "But you need to hang in there for Claire and Phillip."

Phillip stands off to the side and prays, "Please, God, don't let her die."

"You're right," says Kate, "I need to be here for Phillip. Lexie goes off to see if she can find a warm bucket of water.

Kate picks up a bull horn and bellows, "Please don't let them figure out Shawn is Claire's father."

Phillip comes up behind her and asks, "What did you say, Mom?"

Carrie says she was just remembering some things about her past. Lucas tries to encourage her to go to Salem, "Billie is back. How about we go to dinner and I'll tell you all about her – A purely social evening."

Sami seethes, "Business... right. I know exactly what Lucas is doing. And I know Austin is still in love with Carrie. No wonder I thought Austin was more interested in Nicole and Nicole thought he was more interested in me. He will never get over her. Waitasec, does that mean he was in love with Carrie when he was with me? No! I can't think like that. If I can make him forget about her once, I can do it again. He was mad at me because of all the lies I told." She flashes back. The baby's kicking. The birth. The ring. She couldn't have gotten through it without him. He'll always be there for her. Will will always have his father with him.

"I don't care what Lucas thinks," says Sami, "I could be happy with Austin again. I could get pregnant with his kid and it would be for real this time."

Carrie says she has dinner with the marketing team tonight. "How about tomorrow," asks Lucas.

"I thought you had to go back to Salem."

"I could come back. I have Victor's jet at my disposal," says Mr. Bigshot.

"OK," says Carrie, "Dinner tomorrow night.

Hmmm... Carrie and Lucas together... Carcass?
Sami tries to convince herself, "No matter how much Austin might think about Carrie, he wouldn't come between her and Mike. Besides, she's half a world away. I don't have to worry about Carrie."

Max tells Abby to let him know if she needs anything, "I'm here for you. 24-7."

"This is just like losing my parents again says Chelsea. Why do bad things keep happening?" Bo promises he will do everything he can to be there for her. Hugs.

"He really is an incredible father," says Billie.

"It's times like this you realize how important love and support is," says Hope, "You were a good friend to Jack."

"He never judged me," says Billie, "I'm gonna miss him like crazy. But nothing like Jennifer will."

"It's like God arranged to have Jack come back just when Jennifer needed someone."

Roman promises to keep the search going as long as he can. He leaves.

Jennifer wails, "He's really gone, isn't he?"

"I'm afraid so," says Frankie.

"And I have to accept it and say goodbye again," she says, "I don't have the strength to do this again."

Frankie reassures her, "I know it won't be easy. But I will be here for you. And your kids. For as long as you want." Hug.

Kate says she was just saying it's too bad Phillip can't give blood. Phillip buys it. The important thing is for Claire to get well. Belle comes up. Happy, happy... her blood is perfectly compatible."

Mimi says, "My blood wasn't a match but Shawn's was. Weird huh?" They tap Shawn for a pint. He's happy to do it.

Kate says to herself, "Shawn may help Claire get through this. I don't care what I have to do. He will never find out he's her father."

Kate walks slo-mo past Phillip and Shawn, buddies, arm-in-arm.


Previews
========

Becky says, "I knew if you called him things would work out." Carrie asks, "Who are you talking about?" Becky holds up a picture of Austin, "Him!" Carrie says, "That's... Austin."

"Now you know," says Austin. "Austin," says Sami, "How could you still be in love with her?"

Lexie tells Belle, "We need to perform another spinal tap." Belle doesn't take it well, "I'm not going any where and you're not doing anything else to my child!"

Shawn tells Mimi, "I've been really happy when I am with you. I hope you feel the same way." Mimi giggles.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand me a paper towel.....my monitor just got sprayed with a mouthful of pop. "Carcass" for Lucas & Carrie. LMAO!!!!

Oh my. My sides are hurting. Today was a laugh riot. From the pic of Bellip and the doctors' findings that Claire was plastic right through to Kate picking up her bullhorn and announcing Shawn wasn't the father. HAHAHA

There was a cornucopia of funny Jen pictures. And Prevuze even gave that old chestnut "De Nile isn't just a river" new meaning when talking about Jen.

Happy Monday!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There go the DAZED writers. Rewriting history. I'm referring to Carrie's statement to Lucas, "You never wanted to hurt me like my sister." No, he just wanted to help Sami break you and Austin up so he could have a shot at you himself. He never did anything sneaky, underhanded or hurtful. No. Never.

Yeah, right..

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Plastic baby quote . . . . priceless. So funny today.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Prevuze as usual! Love the plastic baby comment.

It kills he how DOOL characters are always ill and dying from some mysterious illness. God forbid the writers do some researcha and make the story more credible!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs