Monday, December 12, 2005

Blood On The Floor

The pediatric ICU bustles. Phillip tells Claire she will be all right. "Mommy will be here soon. Do you know how lucky you are to have her as your mommy? And you'll grow up to be just like her. You wanna hear something funny? I wasn't much older than you when I met your mommy. Someone put us in a playpen together and look where we are now. I'm here with you and your mommy is still in her playpen. And we both loved you when we first saw you."

Victor and Kate watch. "Well," asks Kate, "Are you prepared to do this? It will break his heart. The last thing he needs to hear right now is she is the daughter of his best friend."

Jennifer rushes in and tells Frankie and Hope "Jack is alive! He talked to me! Ohmygosh, you don't believe me do you?"

LA skyline. Giles tells Austin his company looks for diamonds in the rough. That's what your company is. Very rough. Highstyle has unlimited potential."

Austin says, "After you and I work things out, I'll sit down with the Highstyle CEO and work out roles."

"What do you mean work out roles," asks Giles, "I'm not bankrolling this so you can work with Highstyle's management. Someone isn't minding the store there. You have to be ruthless. Do you have the guts to do that?"

Lucas sits alone at his table and asks, "What is taking you so long?"

Nicole walks by, "LUCAS?"

"NICOLE? What the hell are you doing here," he asks.

"I could ask you the same question," says Nicole, "Looks like you're on a date. Lipstick on the glass. Come on, Lucas, who is the lucky lady?"

Sami rants as she goes into the women's room. Carrie hides in a stall and whispers, "OMG! What is Sami doing here?"

The attendant looks at Sami's dress and says, "A guy who would do that is a loser."

"It's not the guy I'm with who did this, and he's not a loser," says Sami, "He's the real deal. I'm in love with him." The crashing sound you hear is Carrie's jaw hitting the floor.

Austin says he understands. Giles tells him he is wet behind the ears, "Highstyle's profit margins are terrible. You're a softie. Blood on the floor. That's what Highstyle needs."

"You know how I turned Permalash into a cash cow," says Austin, "When I did that, I worked with the team already in place."

"That may have worked there," says Giles, "but not with Highstyle. If you're too much of a candy-ass I can't work with you."

"Well then, another bank will be more than happy to work with us," says the candy-ass.

Lucas wants to know what Nicole is doing here.

"Business," says Nicole.

"What kind of business," asks Lucas, "It must be pretty important if you're in California. I'll bet the other two musketeers are here with you, too."

"Wonder away," says Nicole.

The attendant works on Sami's dress. She asks if the man knows Sami is in love with him. Sami says no. She encourages Sami to tell him. She finishes the dress. "I don't think I have a chance with him," says Sami, "We have a long history. I was with his brother and that didn't work out either."

"She's here with Austin," thinks Carrie.

Big Bertha says, "You're really unlucky in love."

I really don't think I have a chance with him," says Sami, "I was with his brother a long time and that didn't work out either."

Big Bertha says, "I get the feeling you don't know which brother you're in love with. How did you get in this bind?"

"I have completely messed up my life and I don't know how it happened," says Sami.

Samantha, Samantha, quite anathema
How does your love life go?
'It seems to falter;
I'm left at the altar,
Former fiancées all in a row.'

Phillip stares at Claire. Victor and Kate stare at Phillip, "You're on thin ice with me," sneers Victor, "Don't make things worse. What you did could have killed Shawn."

"I did what I had to do," she claims, "I changed the records back." When on earth did she do that? She's been with Victor or the guard ever since they nabbed her? "Can we just focus on our son?"

"He and our grandson could turn into lifelong enemies," says Victor, "They both love Belle. How long to you think Phillip and Belle's love will last when Phillip finds out."

"That's my point," says Kate, "Why do we have to say anything?"

Victor lectures, "For someone who professes to love her children, you do them a terrible disservice. He needs to know the truth."

Phillip walks up behind them and asks, "The truth about what, Dad?"

Hope wants to believe Jennifer. Frankie looks aside. Jennifer rambles. Frankie goes outside to look for Jack. Hope wants to know why Jack didn't come in with Jennifer.

Frankie yells for Jack, "Jack, is that you? Talk to me Jack!" Something rustles, "Come here!"

Giles says, "This is business Mr. Reed. Not a church social."

"I'll have to find backing elsewhere," says Austin.

Nicole interrupts. She drags Austin aside and tells him he will ruin everything.

The waitress asks Lucas if his date is coming back. "I'm beginning to wonder that myself," he says.

Sami breaks down. Carrie wonders how she will get out of there. Big Bertha gives Sami advice as Sami wails. Bertha scoots the tip jar toward her. Flashback to Sami at the altar. Lucas can't believe he ever loved her. Back to reality. Sami cries. "I'm the poster girl for bad karma. The guy I'm with isn't into me."

Big Bertha asks, "What about his brother?"

"Not him either," cries Sami. She sees the tip jar and dumps in a wad. She wishes it could be more. She says she doesn't have too many people to talk to.

"What about friends, family," asks Big Bertha. Sami tells her about the unusual circumstances in Salem. She can't reach her twin brother and isn't close to her half-sisters. "My younger half sister is perfect and my older half sister is, well, perfect, too. Her name is coming up a lot lately. I spoke to her today. The reason we don't get along is the man I am with tonight."

Flashback to Sami and Carrie talking about Austin. Sami tells her she and Austin will have a wonderful life together.

"She was married to him and I did everything I could to keep them apart," says Sami, "I told you it was complicated."

"Breaking up your sister's relationship doesn't seem to make you very happy," says Big Bertha.

"When I was talking to her on the phone," says Sami, "I realized there is no way to fix our relationship. Sometimes I really miss her. I have been the worst sister in the world to her. She ended up happy. She's living happily ever after in another country."

"Maybe it's time you started concentrating on your life," says Bertha, "Let the guy you are with know. He might be more interested than you think."

Carrie somehow slips in the stall and her shoe squirts out. Big Bertha says, "I didn't realize there was someone else here." She asks Carrie, "Miss, are you OK?"

Carrie is on the floor, "I'm fine," she says in a squeaky voice, "I just need a minute."

"Sami says, "OMG I recognize that..." Carrie grimaces.

Victor tells Phillip Kate has something to tell him about the baby. Kate hesitates. Phillip wants to know. "Your father is angry with me because I gave the nurses some cash under the table so they will give Claire extra attention," lies Kate.

Phillip says, "The care Claire is getting has been fine."

Victor says, "Your mother has more she needs to tell you." Claire's machines sound an alarm. Saved by the bell.

Jennifer says she knows Hope will say this is her imagination. Whatever would make her think that? "When you see him you'll know I was right."

Frankie looks around. He finds the cat. Jennifer runs out. Frankie says he will go around front and keep checking.

"I don't understand," wails Jennifer, "He was here. Maybe I am crazy. Am I losing my mind?"

Hope asks, "Does a one legged duck swim in circles?"

"I remember all those times I lost Jack," cries Jennifer, "My instincts told me he was alive. That's what I feel now."

Hope asks, "What did he say to you? How did he get out of the car? Do you think maybe this time he came back to say goodbye?" Jennifer stares through the tears.

"You recognize her voice," asks Big Bertha.

"No," says Sami, "I recognize the shoes. They're like Jimmy Choo's or Manolo's or something, only more expensive." She hands it back under the stall, then thanks Bertha and leaves.

Big Bertha asks if Carrie is OK. Carrie comes out and says, "I’m fine now that my sister is gone." Big Bertha is one confused attendant.

Austin and Nicole argue. Austin says, "He wants to run the show, Nicole. I can be hard nosed when the time is right. The people that built this company put their heart and souls in it. I admire your shrewdness but it isn't always necessary to kick ass. Especially candy-ass."

"Point taken," says Nicole, "But you better resolve your differences with Mr. Giles. The vultures are circling. Lucas is here and I'll bet it's to acquire Highstyle. We are running out of time. It's too late to switch horses."

"I think my relationship with Giles is strained at the moment," says Austin.

"Then let me talk to him."

Austin agrees, "OK. I'm going to go find out what my brother is doing in LA."

Nicole and Giles talk. Giles isn't thrilled with Austin. Nicole goes to bat for him, "He's the nice guy. It's my role to be the bitch."

Sami rushes up and asks Austin how it went. Austin tells her he doesn't think there will be a deal, "Mr. Giles and I have philosophical differences..." Austin sees Lucas.

Carrie tells Lucas Sami and Austin are there. They have to get out of there. "It's too late," says Lucas, "We've been spotted."

The nurse says Dr. Carver is on the way. Some of the medications may be damaging Claire's kidneys. The nurse leaves. Phillip is distraught. Victor supports him.

Phillip asks, "When is she going to get better? I can't just sit here and watch her die!"

Kate takes Victor aside. "If you make me tell him the truth, it will kill him."

Jennifer doesn't remember exactly what Jack said, "He said he was dead but..."

Hope interrupts, "He said that? He said he was dead? What part of dead confuses you?"

"Yes," cries Jennifer, "He said he was dead. And he said something about Frankie taking his place."

Frankie searches. He finds a heart-shaped locket in the snow, "What the hell?"

Kate paces. The nurse comes back. Lexie had an emergency but will be there soon. Translation: they didn't want to pay to have her on the show today. They don't think Claire needs any additional treatment, even though her kidney's are failing. Claire is strong and the nurse says she shouldn't be surprised with her dad being a marine. Or a grease-monkey. They're strong, too. She leaves. Phillip tells Claire her grandparents will take care of her while he finds Belle.

"We sure will," says Victor. They encourage Phillip to go find Belle and get something to eat. He leaves.

Victor gives Kate the look of the damned. "WHAT," asks Kate.

Victor says, "This can't go on, Kate. Our son needs to be told the truth."

"To hurt him," asks Kate, "He's feeling more pain than he has ever felt in his entire life. Why does he have to feel more? Stop insisting I tell him the truth. Let this go."

Victor stares, "God help me for agreeing to this. All right. For now, we won't tell him." Kate the master-manipulator wins again.

"To Mr. Giles and a long association," toasts Nicole, "You won't be sorry you invested with us. Don't worry about Austin. We understand each other. The CEO and the employees won't know what hit Highstyle."

Lucas tells Carrie Austin and Sami can only see her back, "The only way out is through the dance floor." They get up to dance.

Austin and Sami rush up. Austin asks, "Where did they go?" With nothing better to do, he asks, "You wanna dance?"

"OMG," says Sami, "She's here!"

"I don't' believe in ghosts, but how do you explain this," asks Frankie.

Hope tells Jennifer she may have seen Jack's ghost. Jennifer doesn't want to believe it. Hope thinks Jack wanted Jennifer to have closure. They fall into each other's arms bawling. Hope thinks maybe Jack came back to tell Jennifer it was OK for her to move on.

Jennifer says, "Frankie is a wonderful man but it isn't the same."

Hope tells Jennifer, "Jack knew Frankie was someone he could count on."

Jennifer yells, "I don't want Frankie! I want Jack!"

Frankie watches and stares. FF.


Previews
========

"Should I not be concerned with my family," asks Marlena. "No, you shouldn't," says Alex.

Sami looks up and says, "Austin, that is the biggest sprig of mistletoe I have ever seen." Passionate kiss.

Lucas says, "I'm moving on with my life and it does not include Sami." Carrie says, "You almost make it sound like you found someone else." Lucas says, "I have, at least I hope I have.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh puh-leeeze! When Shawn was Claire's age he was with his folks, saling around the world on the Fancy Face. I know they've re-written history to make Shelle the same age, but even the 40th anniversary flashbacks they just had showed Ho & Dope sailing off in the sunset right after Shawn D was born.

I got a kick out of the Austin/Giles exchange. A candy-ass, wet-behind-the-ears doofus indeed! HAHAHAHA

Good Prevuze and a Monday morning life saver.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs