Thursday, December 08, 2005

WOW!

Nicole asks Sami to get a cab. Sami tells her to get her own damn cab, "I'm not your secretary."

"No," says Nicole, "You're the receptionist. I'm going on a fact-finding mission to find out about Highstyle. The least you could do is get a cab."

Sami says, "We can't afford to play this game and lose."

"We're not gonna lose," yells Nicole.

"We didn't think we would lose the Clear Visage account, either, did we," asks Sami, "We have to be careful. Money is really thin."

Nicole says, "Austin does not agree with you. Business is about taking risks. You ought to know about that. You've taken so many risks in your love life. Get the damn taxi."

Austin comes out and says he will be going to the Airport with Nicole. He has an investor he needs to meet in LA.

"There is no way you two are going to LA without me," insists Sami.

Carrie introduces Becky and Lucas, "He works for Titan, so watch your back." Becky reminds Carrie the corporate gift consultant is on the way over for her to select the gifts she is giving the employees. Carrie asks Lucas for a rain check on dinner. Lucas ain't pleased.

Jennifer paces with Jack Junior. Frankie asks if there is anything he can do. "No," says Jennifer, "He just had a little nightmare. He doesn't understand what is going on with his dad." Flashback to happy family moments with Jack and Jack Junior. Jack sings out-of-tune songs.

Jennifer asks Frankie if he sings much, "Jack would sing these really bad songs to Jack Junior."

Abby comes down. She says she missed her dad when Jack and Jennifer spilt up, "And I miss him now, too."

Kate sneaks around the hospital. She flashes back to finding the blood types on the computer. She goes back into the office, "No one's ever going to know Shawn is the baby's father. Please forgive me, God, but this is what I have to do."

Lucas tells Carrie, "You cancel dinner on me you're going to make me cry. Can't this wait? How about if I call ahead and order, and you can leave instructions for the wrapping people?"

"I'm wrapping them myself," says Carrie.

Becky chimes in, "She believes in being a hands on CEO. We all adore her."

"It's not that big a deal, Becks," says Carrie. Becky talks about how Carrie knows all the employees kids and spouses names.

Lucas is amazed, "What about fiscal responsibilities? What about the shareholders?"

"I admit I don't have the best head for business," says Carrie, "Sometimes these things don't translate into profits."

Lucas gives up, "Well, you know, I am a great gift wrapper." Lucas orchestrates a gift-wrapping party.

Austin is tired of Sami questioning his every move. Sami says she is as much a part of the company as Nicole, "How will I ever get the experience I need if you never give me a chance?"

"You're right about that," says Austin, "Pack a bag."

Sami goes to pack. Nicole and Austin plan their takeover. Nicole says, "I hear this new CEO is really inexperienced. She's giving all the profits away. The new CEO is toast!"

Jennifer has Abby sit down, "I am so sorry."

Abby whines, "Christmas is coming soon. Daddy won't be here."

"I know that," says Jennifer.

"I knew he was leaving us," says Abby, "And I knew he was in pain, I mean, not as much pain as the audience, though. I knew it was selfish to wish for it, but I wanted him to be with us no matter what."

Jennifer says, "It's not selfish. We have to hold on to the memories."

Abby wails, "How can Daddy be gone?"

"I don't know," says Jennifer, "We face a lot of tough things in life. And this is one of the toughest. It's almost as bad as sitting and watching it."

Abby cries, "I know you're trying, but it isn't helping. Daddy was always so good at cheering me up." Flashback to the laughs, Jack's dying speech. The rambling speech dies; Jack lives on. He figures he should talk to them about dying after he dies so then he would know what he was talking about. Jennifer and Abby remember and cry.

Kate types, "It's a very dangerous thing I'm doing. I suppose someone could get sick, but if I don't do it, it could destroy Phillip's whole family. But if no one ever finds out, hell, I'm doing everyone a favor."

A security guard opens the door and asks, "What are you doing in here, ma'am?"

The gift selection consultant gives the rundown, "...Hazelnut coffee beans with a mini grinder, a Christmas pudding imported from Potter's Food Hall in London, and that's it, Ms. Brady."

"WOW! ," says Lucas, "Can I work for you?"

"I love giving people things they can't afford. You can't take it with you," says Carrie.

The consultant hands Carrie the bill, "WOW! "

Lucas reaches in and says, "You mind if I take a look... WOW! "

Lucas gives the guy his card, "I am a Vice President with Titan Industries. I would love it if you would approach us next year. And I would love it if you would give Ms. Brady a 20% discount for the things she has purchased this evening."

"I'll be happy to do that," says Mr. Consultant, "Merry Christmas Ms. Brady. You'll be hearing from me next year Mr. Roberts."

The guy leaves and Carrie asks for lessons on how to wheel and deal, "What do you know – Lucas Roberts is all grown up."

"And business should have a heart," says Lucas, "I learned that from you. So, we never ordered takeout. How about dinner?"

"You got it," says Carrie.

"We aren't taking over Highstyle to slash and burn it," says Austin.

"We need to make it a lean machine or they will take us down with it," says Nicole, "They are committing business suicide."

"I am not down with your restructuring plan," says Austin, "Don't do anything underhanded or illegal in LA while you are working for me."

"I'm not," says Nicole, "I just want to see how real the balance sheets are."

Austin leaves to change. Sami stares at Nicole. Nicole asks, "What are you staring at?"

"You were lying through your teeth to Austin."

"I want this company to make it," yells Nicole, "Austin has to look like a winner not a wimp. Success, power and money, I thought that's what you wanted."

Sami says, "Of course I do. Who doesn't?"

Nicole says, "OK, then, stay out of my way and let me do what I do best."

Pan from the Devereaux family picture. Abby says she is feeling better. It hurts that Jack is not there, but she needs to be strong for Jack Junior and Jennifer, "It's like when we were talking about Daddy and laughing, it's like he was trying to help me even though he's gone."

"He will always be with us," says Jennifer, "Talking about him will keep him alive for us."

"I'm gonna start a memory book tonight," says Abby.

"It's late," says Jennifer, "Tomorrow is your dad's memorial service. You will need all your strength."

"OK," she says, "I'll just write one page and go to sleep." She goes to make tea.

Jennifer cries. Frankie comes down, "OK, Jack Junior is tucked in. What's next on the list?"

"Packing," says Jennifer, "You're probably anxious to get back to your job."

Frankie asks, "Are you saying it's time for me to go?"

Jennifer says, "I think it's time for all of us to move on." Especially the writers.

Kate tells the guard, "You startled me. I was waiting for my granddaughter's doctor."

"No one is allowed in here," he says. He walks over and looks at the computer screen. Not only is he a security guard, but he is also a medical records expert and a computer expert, "These are Shawn Brady's records. Someone changed them not more than two minutes ago. You just broke the law, lady. You're coming with me."

The plane lands in LA. We Wish You A Merry Christmas plays in the background at the fancy eatin' place. "Wow," says Sami, "This place looks really expensive."

"We need to make an impression," says Austin, "Besides it's a tax write off."

What a coincidence! Lucas and Carrie are there. Carrie orders sparkling water. They talk about Lucas' alcoholism. He's had a few lapses. He says she can drink around him.

"Who needs wine," asks Carrie, "It's nice just to spend time together. I feel bad about leaving Salem. I just felt it would be easier starting someplace new."

"Yeah I know there's a lot of aggravation at home, not to mention the lame plots," says Lucas.

Sami thinks it is nice they are there, "Do you remember that time..."

Austin interrupts, "Sami, this isn't a date."

"Yeah," she says, "We'd better hope Nicole doesn't pull some lame stunt that lands us all in jail."

Nicole puts on her glasses disguise and goes into the Highstyle offices looking for the executive assistant job. Becky tells her, "You must have seen an old newspaper ad because I'm the executive assistant. The job isn't open."

Frankie stares out the window and whispers, "She's asking me to leave." He turns to Jennifer, "If there was ever a time you needed your friends, this is it. I don't feel right walking out on you and the kids."

"I don't' want you to leave before the service," says Jennifer, "But Abby and Jack Junior and I are a family now and we need to figure out what that means. If you are here we will become dependent on you."

"You don't have to put the whole world on your shoulders," says Frankie.

"I don't want to take advantage of your kindness any longer," says Jennifer, "Now that Jack is... now that..."

"That's OK," says Frankie, "You lost your husband. You need to cry. I just hope you're not expecting too much of yourself too soon."

"Maybe, but I need you to leave after the memorial service," says Jennifer.

Abby comes out and says it's snowing. Jack never got around to covering his rose bushes. Frankie offers to cover them. No, Jennifer can do it. What a trooper.

Kate offers the officer a bribe, "Maybe you don't realize who I am."

"I know who you are," he says, "You were married to Victor Kiriakis. You were also married to Roman Brady. You want me to give him a call?"

"No."

"I'm turning you in," he says.

"Wait," says Kate, "I was doing this for my son who is a war hero. So why don't I just change everything back and this will be our little secret?"

"You don't make something unhappen," he says, "Unless, of course, it is someone in Salem dying, then it unhappens all the time. I'm turning you in."

Nicole says she was really hoping there was an available position. Becky tells her to leave a resume. Nicole wants to meet the CEO. Becky says she is out. She gives her an application. Nicole introduces herself as Mary Smith.

"Sami," says Austin, "I am sorry. I didn't want to sound mean. I've been up front about the fact we are co-workers. You have to get used to being single."

Sami whines, "I just know if Carrie were here you wouldn't have said this wasn't a date. She's not exactly my favorite person even though she's my older sister. Way older. I'll Bet she could use some of her own skin care products."

"Let's forget about everything except enjoying each other," says Lucas.

"I'll drink to that," says Carrie.

Kate rants, "Dammit. Sami changes records and gets away with it for two years and I'm there two minutes and get caught. Phillip needs my help. Claire is Phillip's daughter and he loves her. I suppose it was dangerous to change Shawn's medical records, but he's healthy as a horse. Now Phillip will hate me just like Lucas does."

"Right this way," says the guard. He opens the door.

"OMG," says Kate, "It's you."

Frankie stares out the window and remembers Jack asking him to marry Jennifer. He looks up, "You gotta help me out Jack, but if she doesn't want me to stay it will be impossible."

Jennifer stands by the roses and pines, "Your rosebushes are alive, Jack. Oh God, I wish you were. I miss you so much already. How am I gonna do this? If only you were here."

Jack walks up behind her, "I am Jennifer. I'm here." Jennifer turns. Jennifer stares. FF on the audience barfing.


Previews
========

Frankie says, "She wants me to leave, obviously, it'll be hard, but I'll go."

Jennifer babbles, "You're not going to believe this. You're not going to believe this. Jack is alive!" What do they take us for?

Nicole snoops. Becky comes running up and says, "Excuse me, but you can't be in here."

"OMG. You," says Sami. "I don't believe it," says Carrie. Austin stares. Lucas sweats.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Kate excoriates Sami constantly about changing Belle & Will's blood types. But, she'll probably get away with it for a while. I imagine it's Victor she's seeing and the guard is in his pocket.

I don't know what good changing Shawn's blood type is going to do now. They already took blood from Shawn and said that it was compatible.

LOL at the pictures, especially poor Clair and never getting to amount to anything but a plastic doll on DOOL.

Prevuze, Prevuze - "coffee beans and a Mimi grinder"? A Freudian slip perhaps? HAHAHAHAHAHA

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs