Thursday, December 15, 2005

Start Me Up!

Bo, Hope and Zach play 'Go Fish' and munch cookies. This just isn't Bo's game. Zach suggests Gin Rummy.

Max and Chelsea arrive. Small talk. Everybody's glad everybody's there. "It's important we spend the holidays with people we love," says Hope.

"I just wish my parents were here," says Chelsea. Her parent stares.

Lucas tells Carrie she has been quiet since they left the restaurant. Carrie flashes back to Sami and Austin's kiss. Lucas asks if she really wants to get involved with Austin after everything she's seen tonight.

Carrie asks, "Do you really think Austin is falling for Sami again?"

Sami says, "I still can't believe you kissed me. I know it was for charity. But you keep talking about how our relationship has to be platonic."

"My bad," says Austin, "It won't happen again."

"I know you said this isn't a date," says Sami, "Would it be so bad if it was?"

"Damn it," says Kate, "What is Shawn doing here? He couldn't possibly know."

Phillip rushes in looking like some condemned murderer walking the last mile.

"She's dying, Phillip," wails Belle. Shawn watches. Kate seethes. Mimi comes in and Shawn fills her in. Mimi has heard about Shawn's little blood trick. Mimi says he has done everything he can.

Lexie comes out and announces Claire has been stabilized, "But we're looking at multi organ failure and acute plasitcemia. You may want to call the priest." Oh, the despair!

Hope tells Chelsea, "I can't imagine what you must be going through. You're part of our family now."

"I know that," says Chelsea, "But I grew up with the Benson's and I'll always think of them as my real parents. Christmas used to be my favorite holiday."

"We make a pretty big deal about it around here, too," says Hope, "Why don't we incorporate some of the Benson's traditions in our celebration?"

Chelsea asks, "You'd do that for me? Let's start with the tradition I liked best... The one where they showered me with wads of cash."

Max fondly remembers Christmases at the pub, "It's all so overwhelming for Chelsea."

"Don't worry, Chelsea, you're my big sister, and I love you," says Zach.

Father Jansen comes to baptize Claire and administer last rights. They all go into Claire's room. Grim, grim, grim. Mimi and Shawn stand up as godparents. Baptism... last rights... tears...

"Please call me if I can do anything," says Father Jansen. He leaves. Belle cries. Marlena comforts, "I know I haven't been much of a mother lately, but I am here for you. We are all here for you."

"Don't take this the wrong way," says Belle, "But I really need you all to go. I need to be alone with Claire."

"I don't think Austin ever loved Sami," says Lucas, "If he's stupid enough to let her back into his life, it's his funeral. He's an honorable guy. So honorable he ditched you for Sami. You didn't deserve this divorce."

"I cheated on my husband," says Carrie.

Lucas says, "Personally, I don't understand what you see in Austin, but you should let him know you are available. If you do, he will drop Sami so fast her evil head will spin."

Rori comes out yelling she's about to draw the name of the winner. GUESS WHO! Rori hands the tickets to Austin and lets him know she is free for the evening, "Put your assistant in a cab and we'll go together."

"OVER MY DEAD BODY," screams the assistant.

Max and Chelsea wind up under the mistletoe.

Bo comes out, "Who wants nutmeg in their egg... nog..."

Everybody leaves Claire's room. Marlena tells Alex she doesn't know if they're doing the right thing by leaving.

"You shouldn't be alone," says John.

"I'm not alone. I'm with Alex," says Marlena.

"This is our daughter," says John, "I want to take you home. You shouldn't be depending on a stranger."

"Alex isn't a stranger," says Marlena, "He's my husband. I'm going home with him. Please call if there is any change." John scowls.

Carrie says she isn't going to let Austin know she is there, especially with Sami around. Lucas spies a Rolling Stone's poster. He tells Carrie when he was a kid he used to tell everyone he was Mick Jagger's little brother. He tells her he will try to get tickets, "It's my goal to make you happy this evening."

Sami tells Rori, "Austin isn't taking you to the concert."

"I had no idea you two were dating."

Austin says, "I don't think it would be appropriate..."

"You mean taking advantage of my own charity," she says, "Maybe another time – For old time's sake." Kiss. "It was great seeing you again, Austin. You guys have a great time at the concert." Rori roars off into the sunset.

Sami pouts, "Obviously you would rather go with her. Don't do me any favors."

"Instead of being jealous," Austin says, "You should be happy I want to go with you to the concert."

"You don't have to reward me with concert tickets or go out of pity or make it like a bribe," says Sami.

"OK, if you don't want to go..."

Sami giggles, "I mean, if it's the Stones, it would be the most exciting thing ever."

He asks, "Has your life really been that dull?"

John opens the window at Kate's and breathes the fresh air, "I wouldn't put it past North to take advantage of her."

John rummages around in a cabinet. "What are you doing," asks Kate.

"Just gonna make sure Marlena's OK," he grunts.

Marlena is distraught. Alex tells her to snap out of it.

John listens in on his handy-dandy spy machine, "My God Kate, what's that SOB doing to her."

"Eggnog anyone," asks Bo.

"Hey," says Max, "It's your mistletoe, bro."

Bo reminds him, "My daughter, too."

Hope comes in, "What did I miss?"

"A little kissing," says Bo.

"Well," says Hope, "It's Kissmas."

Bo takes Max aside for a lecture. Max pleads innocence, "Chelsea is making me settle down like Hope did with you when you were the Wild Child.

Chelsea thanks Hope for the Christmas stocking.

"I'm really glad you're here," says Hope, "We'll always be here for you."

Shawn and Mimi arrive. Shawn tells Hope about Claire, "She's dying mom. Claire's dying."

Lucas makes calls looking for tickets. Carrie flashes back to happy times with Austin, listening to the new Stone's album. They love each other so much...

Sami can't believe it. She rambles on about the concert. Austin is distant. He has the same flashback. Finally, Austin fades back to reality.

"YES," yells Lucas, "I scored us two tickets!"

Hope tells Shawn he looks pale. Mimi tells them he's missing about three pints of blood.

He pulls an angel off the Christmas tree, "Mom, I remember you got this for us when I was younger, and said it would always protect us. I want to take it to the hospital for Claire."

Bo walks Shawn and Mimi to the door. Shawn and Mimi leave.

"My God, Bo," says Hope.

Chelsea says she should get going. Max has to go too.

"You guys didn't come together," asks Bo.

"No," says Max, "If I had come with her, then the writers couldn't orchestrate the terrible thing that is about to happen."

"Be careful," says Bo.

"I always am," says Chelsea.

"That's not what I heard," says Bo, "The guys down at the station said you've had a couple warnings."

"It won't happen again," says Chelsea, sealing her fate.

"OK." Hugs. Chelsea leaves. A final kiss under the mistletoe with Max. "I love Christmas," says Chelsea.

Marlena has a bout of hysteria that would do Belle proud.

"I'm going over there," says John.

"Stop," says Kate, "Just listen."

"What is happening to your granddaughter is horrible but it's not your fault," says Alex, "You need me to be there for you."

Marlena bawls, "I don't know what I'd do without you."

Alex says, "Then let me be there for you. Let me take care of you for all the Days Of Our Lives." Kiss.

John staggers in a daze. He sits on the couch and gives a blank stare. "I've lost her, Kate," he says, "I've lost her."

Damn shame, John," says Kate, "Damn shame."

Let the concert begin! Carrie can't believe Lucas got the tickets.

Sami can't believe they are there. Happy, happy, happy.

Start Me Up!

Meanwhile back at the hospital, things aren't quite so happy. Shawn comes into Claire's room with the angel. He tells them the angel will watch over them and protect them. He wants Claire to have it. He hangs it above her crib.

Mimi watches from outside. Two nurses walk by in the background. One of the nurses picks the hospital PA microphone and announces, "Shawn Brady's blood type matched the little girl's and her father's didn't!" Mimi overhears.

Bo and Hope think tonight went pretty well. Zach sniffles like a leaky faucet. He'll be dead in a week.

Chelsea drives, "Christmas stockings and eggnog. Can it get any more lame?" She dials her cell phone, "Hey if I could just get the movie times for... OMG!"

CRASH!!!


Previews
========

Austin rocks at the concert. He looks up at the DiamondVision screen and sees Carrie in the crowd.

Shawn asks Mimi, "Why are you so worried about me being a match for Belle's baby?"

They close the drapes on Chelsea's cold, dead body. The nurse tells Bo and Hope, "Losing your daughter... I just can't imagine it. She never regained consciousness after the impact. She probably never felt any pain." Can we be this lucky? Is the little brat really gone?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto on the blood type announcements. HAHAHAHA

That Stones' concert must really be punky if Lucas can get tickets to it like five minutes before it starts! And, just wait, if Austin is seeking Carrie on the concert screen, Lucas & Carrie must be in the first few rows (rather than in the cheap seats last minute tickets would actually put them). HAHAHA

So, all the grandparents have been hanging around the hospital day and night since Claire was sick; but, now that the priest has given the baby last rites and she's about to kick off any minute....they all go home????

8:38 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Regarding the Stones tix... Prevuze did not really go into the detail of how Lucas got the tickets. He pulled strings with Titan and scored primo seats, thereby also accomplishing the feat of proving to Carrie what a big-shot he is. So their seats are either in the front row or very close to it.

We try to pack in as much as we can, but when you type 20 wpm and they speak at 150 wpm, you tend to miss some things.

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs