Monday, May 23, 2005

Chicken Feed

Mimi’s in jail.

Bonnie frets. Patrick comes up and Bonnie tells him the sad story. Patrick asks if Mimi really tried to kill Jan. Bonnie says, “No. She takes after me but not that much.” She wants Mimi to change her mind and let Mickey represent her.

They go in to see Mimi. Mimi is upset that Bonnie drug Patrick into this.

Patrick tells Mimi, “You in a jail cell is a problem. I’m getting you out of here.” Bonnie chimes in, “A jail break. That’s it. Now we’re talking.” Hey, it’s not as far-fetched as the keystone cops over in the “war zone” trying to rescue Phillip.

Nancy looks at the picture of the perfect Chloe as the mummy sleeps. She could be scarred for life.

The mummy wakes. Craig asks how she feels.

“Pretty numb.”

No,” he says, “I wasn’t talking about your brain.”

Oblivious to her condition, the poor child plans her future, “I can’t wait until they take the bandages off. I want to begin my future with Brady right now. Don’t cry mom. I’m finally going to be happy.”

“No news yet,” says John, “It’s especially tough on Kate. Now three of her sons are hostage. And what about what Bo and Hope are going through with Billie?”

“Those circumstances in the pit were horrific. They were lucky to get out alive,” says Marlena.

John says, “Yeah, but Bo still slept with Billie.”

Nicole is at the door, “I heard you were back, Marlena, but it is amazing to see you in person. I was wondering if you guys had any news about Brady.”

John says, “The news isn’t good. They have been taken hostage.”

Belle drops in from the sky, “NO!”

Phillip tells Shawn how amazing and selfless he is.

Shawn says, “It wasn’t completely selfless. I wanted to do it for Belle.”

“We almost pulled it off,” says Brady, “if Stan didn’t double cross us.”

Lucas says, “There’s something fishy about that guy.”

Sami stares into the peephole.

Lucas stares back, “Sami,” he says. Sami slams the peephole shut.

Lucas turns to the guys and says, “I just saw Sami. I’d know those eyes anywhere.”

Sami leans against the other side of the door.

“How could this happen,” asks Belle.

“The ISA is doing everything it can,” Says John.

“OMG,” whines Belle, “they could die.”

John says, “Baby, there is no indication the hostages will be harmed.” And what indication do we have they won't be harmed?

Belle freaks, “I should have stopped him. And Will could lose his father.”

Marlena says, “I wish Sami were here for Will.” Yeah, he’s not screwed up enough. He needs Sami back in his life to finish the job. “I wish there were some way to find her and bring her home.”

John says, “Well, maybe there is.”

“Open the door Sami,” yells Lucas. Brady and Phillip try to calm him down.

Brady says, “Maybe you just wanted it to be Sami.”

“No,” says Lucas, “I can’t forgive her for sleeping with Brandon.”

“Dammit Lucas,” thinks Sami as she eavesdrops, “why can’t you see the truth? That’s why I’m here. So Tony will get the goods on Kate and I can get back at her for making you think that.”

Lucas remembers his encounter with Stan. Lucas remembers the eyes in the peephole, “OMG, I know who that was.”

Bonnie tells Mimi Patrick has the right idea, “We’ll bust you outta here.”

Patrick asks Mimi, “How does a clean slate and a fresh start sound? Trust me, if this works you’ll walk out of there a free woman.”

Craig and Nancy tell Chloe the surgery was difficult.

“Dad,” she says, “Tell me. I have to know.”

“Chloe, honey,” he says, “There was a small problem with your operation. One of the nurses didn’t sterilize the instruments. And you got an infection. It’s a rare infection. You were exposed to a very virulent bacteria, which is difficult to treat. One of the possibilities is your scars could become more pronounced. But it might not be as bad as they think.”

“Don’t lie to me,” she whines, “I wanted to tell Brady I was alive. But if I look like some creature from a horror movie I don’t want him to know. OMG, it’s all coming true. My life is over. If I can’t be with Brady then I might as well be dead.” Craig reassures her flesh-eating bacteria won’t attack brain cells, so both of hers are safe.

Chloe’s’ machines go berserk.

The nurse gives Chloe a sedative. Nancy tells Chloe she won’t let her give up.

Chloe says, “I know I was lucky to survive the accident, but my life is over. I’m never going to sing again or have the life I want. The Chloe Brady knew is dead and I’m never coming back.”

Nancy takes Craig aside, “We’ve got to do something.”

Craig says, “I think we should get professional help.”

“You mean therapy?”

“I mean Marlena.”

The heavens open and the sun shines in, “OK,” says Nancy, “let’s do it.”

Chloe asks, “Mom, Dad, did you say something about Marlena? I can’t talk to her. She’s Brady’s stepmother.”

John offers to talk to the ISA about Sami.

Marlena says, “I wish she would call. She doesn’t know Roman and I are alive.”

“Right now I’m more concerned about the hostages,” says Belle, “This has been one of the worst Days Of Our Lives. On top of this Mimi’s in jail.”

“Is there anything I can do,” asks John.

“The bail is a million dollars,” says Belle.

Chicken feed,” says Billionaire John Black.

Nicole wanders. John says, “I know you care about Brady.”

“I love him,” says Nicole, “and now that it’s official Victor is dead I’m free to move on. I know you’re not thrilled, but Brady promised to marry me. What if he doesn’t come back? What if I end up alone?”

“And what have you done,” asks the skeptical John, “to make sure you’ll be with my son?”

Phillip says he would know Belle’s eyes if he saw them.

“They were Stan’s eyes,” says Lucas.

“That was close,” thinks Sami.

“Yeah,” says Lucas, “he could be alive. He was stalking me in Salem. Will and Sami could be in danger right now.”

“I will take care of Will,” thinks Sami.

Lucas tosses a cot, “What if we never make it home?” Well, for one thing, you’ll have to sleep in a broken cot.

“I think we’re being held for ransom,” says Brady, “If that’s true my dad can put up the money.”

“Wrong, Brady,” thinks Sami, “You’re not getting out of here. I’m sorry I got caught up in all this, Lucas. If I can’t have you, it’s nice to know no one else can.” Oh, yeah, Will needs this levelheaded thinker back in his life for guidance.

John asks Nicole, “What have you done?”

Nicole says, “When Brady lost Chloe he fell apart. I was there for him. Kate was there for you and so were Brady and I when you lost Marlena. I discovered your addiction. You might not be here if it wasn’t for me. You got your wife back but that’s never going to happen for Brady with Chloe. When he comes home I’d appreciate it if you’d support us, DAD.”

John says, “I give it to you Nicole. My son is missing but you stick to your own agenda.”

“While you’re busy bringing him home,” thinks Nicole, “I have to make sure Chloe stays dead.”

Belle has to leave. She thanks John for posting Mimi’s bail.

Bonnie says, “Belle went to ask Daddy Warbucks for Mimi’s bail.”

“Good,” says Patrick, “John won’t even miss it.”

“You mean jump bail,” asks Mimi.

Bonnie says it will be great. They’ll be in a foreign country sipping pina coladas together.

“I’m not skipping bail,” says Mimi

Chloe insists, “I don’t want Marlena to know I’m alive.”

“She’s bound by doctor-patient confidentiality,” says Craig, “She’ll keep your secret.”

Nancy begs her to talk to Marlena. Chloe stares.

Nicole leaves. She tells Marlena she loves Brady, “So let me hear if you get any news.”

The phone rings. It’s Nancy. She asks for Marlena.

Nancy asks if Marlena can see her. It’s an emergency. Nancy can’t tell Marlena what it’s about over the phone, and once she does, Marlena has to promise she won’t tell a soul.

Nicole calls the hospital about Chloe’s condition. The hospital won’t tell. “Thanks for nothing,” says Nicole. She thinks, “There’s gotta be some way to find out. With luck she'll be so infected she won’t want to see Brady again and I’ll be Mrs. Brady Black.”

Brady says the first thing he’s going to do when they get back is to marry Nicole.

Lucas says Nicole is despicable.

“She’s changed,” says Brady, “She’s a different person now. I’m going to marry her no matter what.”

Rex says he is going to grab Mimi tell her he loves her and never let her go.

Shawn says he is going to... OOPS... he misses everyone.

Phillip will renew his wedding vows with Belle. Without the motorcycle.

Sami says, “I’m sorry to tell you this, Phillip, but Belle is going to dump you. And as for the rest of you, if you never see your loved ones again, that’s what you deserve.”

Bonnie begs Mimi to listen to Patrick.

Mimi whines, “If I went on the lam it would be all over the news and Rex would find out. I just want this over with.”

Bonnie asks, “Why are you talking like Cruella DeVille?”

Mimi says, “What I did was cruel, Mom. This is how I protect Rex.

Patrick says, “Jail time is ugly. It will change you. You don’t want to put yourself through that, believe me.”

Belle comes in. She announces, “Bail has been posted and now all you have to do is hire Mickey back and fight.”

Mimi says she can’t accept the money.

Belle says she has bad news. The guys weren’t able to rescue Phillip. They are all hostage.

“Rex doesn’t deserve this,” says Mimi, “Why is all this bad stuff happening?” Because you had an abortion and must be punished. That’s the way it is on Daze.

Nancy breaks the news to Marlena, “You know how you and Roman and Jack and Cassie and every member of the Salem Chamber of Commerce all came back form the dead? Well Chloe is alive too!”

Marlena is soooooo happy, “Why didn’t you tell me this earlier?”

“Marlena, says Nancy, “The most tragic thing has happened.”

Chloe tells Craig she knew he would be honest with her, “I’ll never be the same. I’ll frighten people. And so will my face.”

“You’ll always be beautiful,” says Craig.

Marlena walks in. Chloe and Marlena are both so glad each other is back from the dead. Craig and Nancy leave. They’ve had too many resurrections for one day.

Marlena tells Chloe, “Your mother told me everything.”

“And you feel sorry for me,” asks Chloe.

“Is that how you feel,” asks the doctor.

“OK,” says Chloe, “before we get into this shrink stuff, nobody can know that I’m alive, especially not Brady.”

Nancy and Craig talk. Marlena is their best shot. Nancy wishes Craig didn’t have to go. He’s got to get back to the hospital. Nancy wonders about the nurse that ran off. Craig says he holds her responsible. Anyway, he has to book the flight back to New York. Nancy understands.

Nicole sneaks around the hospital. She goes through the files and finds Chloe’s records. “What,” she asks, “Is this written in secret code?” Nancy watches.

Marlena says she will adhere to strict doctor-patient confidentiality. She decides to dump the news about Brady on Chloe, “What I am about to tell you may change your mind.”

“Nicole,” says Nancy, “From clear across the room, I see you’re looking at Chloe’s fie. You don’t’ seem surprised she’s alive. Why is that?” Because anybody who’s anybody in Salem comes back from the dead.

John struggles. He looks at a file. He looks at a bottle of pills. He picks up the picture of Belle and Marlena, “My family needs me,” he says. He walks to the balcony and tosses the pills.

Mimi can’t believe the boys are hostage. “Rex will need you when he comes home,” says Belle.

Mimi says, “I am not a good person. I have done terrible things, and shouldn’t get away with them. If I am behind bars it will prevent me from ever hurting Rex again.”

“This would destroy Rex,” says Belle, “Do this for him.”

“I Hope Mimi is OK,” says Rex.

“I’m thinking about Belle too,” says Shawn.

Rex whispers, “Don’t let Phillip hear you say that.”

Shawn says, “Sooner or later he has to know the truth. Their marriage was a mistake.”

“Will you please shut up,” says Rex.

Phillip says they need a plan to get out of here.

“You guys better get comfortable,” says Sami, “You’ll be calling this place home for a while. I’m just glad Tony promised he won’t hurt you.”

The guards walk in. One of the goons says, “The orders are straight from Tony DiMera. All the hostages will be taken care of tonight.” They cock their guns.

Sami watches.

Previews
========

Chelsea says, “I’ll be the best-dressed homeless person in town.” Billie tells her, “I want you to stay with me.”

Kate tells Sami on the phone, “Neither Lucas nor Will want anything to do with you.” Sami tells Kate, “You deserve everything you’re going to get and more.”

Nicole walks into Chloe’s room. “Nicole,” asks Marlena. Pan in on Chloe.

Sami struggles as the guards restrain her. Tony says, “Imagine if the truth comes out – how you exacted REVENGE on all the good people of Salem, you’ll be branded a monster just like me.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that's EXACTLY what I was going to ask - how Crancy knew about Doc. HAHAHA

And how about Craig's statement that "the surgery was difficult". What surgery? The doc made one incision. It's more like the attempted surgery.

I hope the Mickster alerts Bonnie and Patrick to the fact that once you plead guilty and the judge makes a ruling you can't just say, "Oops" and ask for a do over!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs