Friday, May 13, 2005

That Great Soap Opera In the Sky

Tec will make an arrest really soon. Lexie comes up to him. Abe is still upset Tec won’t name the suspect. Tec says, “I’m not obligated to report to him. Abe is no longer on the force.”

“Is that the real reason,” asks Lexie, “or is it that you’re angry he accused us?”

“That’s not the reason,” says Tec, “even though he’s right. I’d like nothing better than to continue what we had before.”

“Why is Tec hanging around,” asks Mimi, “Why doesn't he just arrest me?” Belle tells her, “It has nothing to do with you. The writers are just trying to torture the audience.”

Belle reassures Mimi. Mickey will stumble on a way to get her off.

Mimi whines, “Once this all comes out I’m going to lose Rex forever. Tec might as well throw me in jail because my life will be over.”

Nicole has to make sure Chloe's reconstructive surgery reconstructs in a tragic way. “What if I choke,” she worries.

“Coward,” says the bimbo nurse on the computer. Nicole's bitchy alter ego tells her not to wuss out. Nicole says she found a conscience since she found true live with Brady.

Kate paces. There is a knock at the door. It’s Billie with her arm in a sling. If it were up to Hope, that would be a different body part in the sling. She tells Kate she fell and hurt her arm – it’s nothing. She needs the key to Lucas’ apartment. Billie sees the empty glasses and a shirt. “Oh,” she says, “I am interrupting.”

Kate tells her, “John is not here.”

Billie pries, “If he isn’t here, MOM, then who is?”

Brady says they’d better get some sleep. The guys talk. Stami is their last chance.

Stami comes up and asks if they are prepared for the big mission.

Brady tells him, “Hey, There is a strong possibility we can accomplish what we came here to do.”

“Poor Brady,” thinks Sami, “So cocky. If you only knew I’m leading you into a trap.”

The guys talk. Brady says, “Lucas is our backup. If Stami tries anything Lucas will take him out.”

Lucas stares through his sights. “Man. I just can’t shake this feeling. There’s just something about this guy. Whatever, one false move and you’re a dead man, guy.”

Stami asks if there is a problem or if they just don’t trust him.

“No, as a matter of fact we don’t trust you,” says Shawn.

Stami suggests, “Maybe we should just call this off.”

“No,” says Rex, “we’re not calling anything off. We just need to relax. We’ve got miles of desert ahead of us.”

Shawn and Brady go off. Brady asks what was going on back there. Shawn says he was just thinking of Belle.

Brady points out, “Stan was right about one thing. We don’t know what we’re getting into.”

Shawn says, “I’m ready for whatever happens. I just wish I could talk to Belle one last time.”

“I think I can arrange that,” says Brady.

“Actually,” says Kate, “it’s Roman’s shirt. He’s alive.”

Billie asks, “Mom, How much wine have you had?”

Kate insists, “Billie, I’m not drunk. She tells Billie the castle story.”

“OMG, you’re serious, Mom. How?”

Kate gives her more of the ridiculous fairy tale.

Billie thinks this is fantastic. Then Billie tells Kate about the accident. Chelsea’s parents went to that great soap opera in the sky. She tells Kate she helped by giving Chelsea a transfusion. She couldn’t help but think of Georgia and how she would want someone to stop in and help her, “IF she is alive,” pines Billie, “I’m starting to think Hope's been right all this time – that my little girl is dead.” Wah.

“You have to stop saying things like that,” says Lexie, “There is no chance of us getting together. Friendship is all it can be. And as for Abe – he is just under stress.”

“I know,” says Tec, “That’s why he should stay away from this case. I know it’s over for us, but I can’t just turn my feelings off. I still care about you, Lexie. That’s not gonna change.”

Nursie Nicole tells Nerd Nicole to get her act together. “Why can’t anyone stay dead in this town,” wonder’s Nicole. She doesn’t even know if she can get away with this. Dr Weiss comes up. He needs a favor. He asks Nicole to sterilize the equipment for the Chloe Lane operation tomorrow, “Please be thorough. This last patient they were used on had flesh-eating disease. If that comes into contact with Chloe the results could be disastrous.” The doc walks away.

“I know exactly what to do with those contaminated instruments,” thinks Nicole.

“How can you say that,” asks Kate, “Chances are Georgia is still alive.”

Billie tells Kate about the package and the bloody sweater. Then she tells her about the pit, everything about the pit. The gas. Bo’s hallucinations. Their little peccadillo, “Hope wasn’t there but Bo made love to her anyway.”

BOING! Kate gets it.

Billie continues, “Then Hope and Patrick found us and caught us and everything, and I do mean everything. I did a bad thing, Mom. Hope knew that I knew and she is furious with me.”

Kate says, “Hope has always been threatened by you.”

“No, Mom,” argues Billie, “this is different. And Bo is going to hate me when he finds out what I did. I made a horrible, horrible mistake and I’m gonna have to pay the price – a life without Bo and possibly my daughter.”

Presto! Brady says he snagged satellite phones from his dad’s office. He tells Shawn and Rex when they call Belle and Mimi to keep up with their cover stories. Stami asks if they have phones. Rex asks if he wants to call someone. Stami says he has a son who might not want to hear form him right now. Stami goes off to brood. Rex goes over and tries to talk him into calling someone. Stami takes the phone and thanks him.

Shawn comes up and tells Rex giving Stan a phone was a big mistake.

Brady finds Lucas. Lucas wants to talk to Stami. Brady says, “No you’re our backup. If he tries anything stupid, you shoot him. This will all be over soon. Look, you want to give Will a call? I borrowed a phone from my dad.”

Lucas asks, “I really want to talk to him but he’d just ask me questions I can’t answer.”

Brady asks, “What about Sami?”

“I don’t know where she is. If I did I wouldn’t want to talk to her,” says Lucas.

Tec says, “Lexie I have made it clear where I stand with you. I’m worried about you.”

“Don’t be. I’m fine,” says Lexie, “If you’ll excuse me Abe should be finished with his tests.”

“Just know I’ll be there for you,” says Tec.

A nurse walks up and recognizes Tec. He apologizes for cutting their date short. She Hopes they can get together again soon. “You can bet on it,” says Tec. Lexie stares.

Nicole thinks this is too perfect. All she has to do is botch the sterilization. Nursie says, “Now you’re thinking with your head. Do that, then go home and pour yourself a big martini for a job well done.” She toasts Nicole with her giant martini and says, “I’ve already got a head start on you.”

Nicole gets a call. It’s Brady, “So what are you up to?”

“I’m talking to a drunken hallucination on a computer screen and planning to sabotage your dead girlfriend’s surgery, what’s new with you?

“Sweetie, listen to me,” says Kate, “Georgia is alive and you and Bo will find her and there is nothing Hope can do.”

Billie says, “Hope is never gonna let Bo near me again.”

Kate says it seems Bo and Hope just make each other miserable all the time, “All I want to do is see my daughter with the man she loves.”

“Let me ask you something,” says Billie, “Are you with the man you love?”

“I’m with my husband,” says the diplomat.

“And what about John?”

Kate answers, “His place is with Marlena and mine is with Roman. John and I came together because we thought Roman and Marlena were dead. We helped each other through our grief.”

Billie asks, “Was that all there was?”

“No baby,” says Kate, “ Tonight John asked me to marry him. And I accepted. But then Marlena and Roman showed up so the whole thing’s off.”

“So your feelings for John are just supposed to stop,” asks Billie, “Mom, look at me. You’re in love with both of them aren’t you?” Kate stares.

Nicole insists she is up to nothing and just waiting for Brady to come home. She asks how things are with him. “Oh, just peachy,” he says, “But I will be home before you know it to put that ring on your finger. I’ve always known there was goodness inside you and that is what made me fall in love with you.” The satellite phone can’t stand any more of this, so it drops the connection. He shouts into the dead phone that he will call her back.

“Did you hear that,” Nicole asks Nursie, “He loves me. Chloe won’t matter to him.”

Nursie asks, “What if she does matter? Can you really take that chance?”

Lucas tells Brady women like Nicole and Sami don’t change.

“Nicole has,” says Brady, “I know she has.”

Sami thinks Lucas would hang up on her the second he heard her voice. OMG she calls Kate, “Sami? What do you want?”

Sami asks, “I wanted to check on Will and see how he is doing.”

“He’s fine, snaps Kate.

“How is Lucas?”

Kate says, “He’s better off without you. Give it up, Sami. This was your own doing. Don’t call me again.” Kate slams the phone down.

Sami thinks, “Damn you Kate, once Tony gives me the goods on your ass you are going down, and you will lose Lucas forever.”

Shawn calls Belle. Belle says the boys are all in big trouble.

“You found out, huh,” asks the clueless marauder.

“YyeeaaHHHHH,” says the Valley Girl. I love you and I don’t want to lose you.” Rex comes up and asks Shawn if Belle knows where Mimi is. Belle signals Mimi. Shawn assures her everything will be all right.

Belle hands the phone to Mimi. Rex asks how it’s going. “Oh, fine, I’m just packing for death row.

“Oh babe,” he says, “I need you so much.”

Nicole wishes for Brady to call him back. Nursie lectures her, “Get a clue, Nicole, Brady will never be completely over Chloe. You’d better go through with the plan. Nicole says goodbye to Nursie and presses control-alt-delete on the computer. Nursie screams as she goes into computer oblivion.

Brady calls back. Nicole asks if he loves her. Of course he does.

Nicole asks, “What about Chloe?” She just can’t leave well enough alone.

“We have been over this. Chloe is dead and gone and I have to move on.” If she were here I’d drop you like a hot potato. Nicole comes to her senses. She stares at the phone.

Kate suggests Billie stay at Lucas’ apartment. Billie advises, “Think about what I said, Mom, who you really want to be with.”

“And,” says Kate, “you think about whether Bo really wanted to be with you.”

Billie leaves. Kate stares at the picture of her and John. She turns it over and goes back into the bedroom.

Rex asks why Mimi is crying.

Mimi says, “I just miss you and wish you were here.”

Rex observes, “It’s more than that.” Tec interrupts. Mimi tells Rex to hold on. Tec warns her not to leave. Then a nurse tells her to ditch the cell phone.

Rex tells Mimi, “Shawn told me that you know where we are, and I’m sorry. We’ve always been honest with each other. Mimi says she has to hang up. Rex can’t wait to plan their future together. He’d better get a prison visitation schedule.

Mimi tells Belle what Rex said about their future, “Little does he know the only future I have is in Statesville prison.”

Brady says if Chloe were alive things would be different. But the only thing that matters right now is they are together in the present. He has to go. They express their undying love for each other.

Nursie comes out in the flesh and tells Nicole if Chloe makes a comeback she and Brady are history, “You know what you have to do.”

Nicole vows, “Chloe can never show her face to Brady again and if she doesn't have a face, so be it.”

Brady says, “We said our goodbyes. We need to get some shuteye.” They all think Stan has already crashed. The guys turn in.

Stami prays, “God I know I may not make it out. Please watch over and protect my son Will.” A confused Lucas listens.

FF on Lucas.


Previews
========

Tony says, “You drive a hard bargain Samantha, you keep your end up.” Brady comes up behind Stami and asks, “Who the hell are you talking to?”

Abe tells Lexie, “I think we should get a divorce.”

Celeste stands at a door. Tec opens it. “Oh, God...” says Celeste as she faints.

Chloe says, “Once we’re together again, that’s when I’ll be happy.” Nicole says, “Over your dead body.” I say, “Once this show gets some writers, that’s when I’ll be happy.”

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you send this each day, it saves me the pain of watching the crap for an hour. The entire DiMera thing has gone on for too long, Salem needs a new villian. The Salem kids are idiots, and why the heck can't Bo and Billie figure out that Chelsie is their dear daughter Georgia? And let me guess, after Bo's hallucination in the pit, Billie is going to be pregnant with another child for DiMera's to hide from them for the next 16 years. I don't know which is more pathetic...Days plots or the fact that I can't stay away from this show!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get writers who can actually craft interesting situations and characters and dialoge? Are you nuts! Look at how much money they are saving. Look at how much less work each actor has to do. Consider how much time the viewer saves when watching the show on tape.

Since the characters have basically the same speech(es) over and over and over, interspersed with flashbacks and fantasies of the same characters saying the same things over and over and over, the network is saving a bundle by not having to actually have writers; the actors don't have to memorize a lot of new stuff all the time; and the viewers can zap through a tape of the show in about 10 minutes.

But, Prevuze ROCKS! ROFLMAO with the pics today. N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get writers who can actually craft interesting situations and characters and dialoge? Are you nuts! Look at how much money they are saving. Look at how much less work each actor has to do. Consider how much time the viewer saves when watching the show on tape.

Since the characters have basically the same speech(es) over and over and over, interspersed with flashbacks and fantasies of the same characters saying the same things over and over and over, the network is saving a bundle by not having to actually have writers; the actors don't have to memorize a lot of new stuff all the time; and the viewers can zap through a tape of the show in about 10 minutes.

But, Prevuze ROCKS! ROFLMAO with the pics today. N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk.

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs