Thursday, May 12, 2005

GOTCHA!

Mickey talks to Tec. “It’s pretty cut-and-dried,” says Tec, “I’ve got Jan on tape accusing Mimi.”

Mickey tells Tec he needs to talk to Jan but if she dies that chance will be gone.

“I’m sorry Mr. Horton,” lies Tec.

Lexie joins everyone in the waiting area and says, “I have bad news.” Tense moments. Lexie goes on, “Jan isn’t dead, but I’m not sure she will ever speak again.” Group stare.

Roman carries Kate over the threshold, “This is the official beginning of our long overdue honeymoon.”

He starts to kiss her but she stops him. “Before I go any further there’s something I have to do,” she says.

Marlena looks at a picture of her and John. She picks up a nightgown and flashes back to the TV scenes from the castle. John comes up to her.

Bart asks Tony, “What’s the story boss? I thought you were using Sami as a secret weapon to lure the Salem 4. But Sami has a secret weapon. A secret weapon inside as secret weapon. Brilliant.”

“It’s going to be so exciting to listen to,” says Tony.

Brady and Rex talking about things. Brady says Sami thinks there are only three of them, “Lucas is our backup.”

Rex says, “It’s pretty quiet. Let's make a run for it.” Brady agrees. They take off.

Shawn tells Stami, “If you’re on the up-and-up, this is your chance to prove it.” Stami shows him Phillip’s dog tags. Shawn takes the bait, “Looks like we can trust you after all.”

“Like hell we can,” says Brady.

Mickey knows Lexie doesn’t want to interfere with Jan’s recovery, but he has to talk to her.

Lexie says Jan has lapsed into a coma. She’s developed a blood clot, which conveniently isn’t operable and it is reducing blood flow to her brain. It has to dissolve on it’s own but it is possible Jan will never regain consciousness.

Mickey tells Mimi to not give up. If he can’t cross-examine Jan this will raise serous legal questions. He has Maggie researching this. Bonnie is upset because Maggie is involved.

Abe stands in the hallway. Tec goes up to him. Abe says, “I’ve been listening to all this. Why haven’t you made an arrest?”

Tec insists he is on the case still evaluating evidence.

“Wrong answer,” says mean ole Abe.

Bart says instead of saving Phillip, Sami’s luring the boys into Tony’s trap.

Shawn shows Brady and Rex the dog tags.

The skeptical Brady asks, ‘How do we know you didn’t get these because Phillip is dead? If you’ve had them all along why are you just showing them to us now?”

Listening to all this, Bart says, “Sami’s luck may just have run out.”

Kate cries. She says she needs Roman to put her ring back on her finger. Roman says, “I’m not going to propose to you Kate. I’m going to rededicate myself to our love, our future. Kate, I promise to love, cherish and honor you for all the Days Of Our Lives. He slips the ring on.”

“Make love to me,” says Kate. They go into the bedroom.

Looking at the nightgown, Marlena says, “Kate's.” John says he thought they had packed everything. He says they came to rely on each other. They were a couple of lost souls. That’s for sure.

Marlena says, “I don’t blame you or Kate for what happened.”

John says, “If I thought for a second you were still alive...”

“I know that,” says Marlena.

“I’m glad Roman was there. You may have felt tempted to turn to each other but, you knew Kate and I were still alive.”

“John, I have to tell you something,” says Marlena.

“All I want to do right now is hold you and never let you go,” says John.

Marlena tells him, “John, I don’t want there to be any secrets between us. Secrets have a way of getting out.”

John says, “Never could keep anything from you, could I? You need to know the truth."

“What,” asks the confused Marlena.

John blurts it out, “There is no easy way to say this. I am a drug addict.”

Abe asks Tec what he is waiting for.

“I am still working on it, Abe,” insists Tec

Abe says, “I recommended you for detective and I can see it was a big mistake.”

Lexie comes up and defends Tec.

Abe asks, “Has he shared the facts of the case with you? How close did the two of you get, and what have you been doing behind my back since I got home?” They don’t need to do anything behind his back, he’s blind as a bat. They can do it right in front of him.

“Look, when I split, Phillip was alive,” says Stami, “I paid off the guards but they aren’t going to admit they let me go. I’m guessing they’re taking out their frustrations on Phillip right now.”

The guys seem to buy Stami’s story. “I told you she was good,” says Tony.

Brady is still suspicious. Stan says they are running out of time. The guys huddle. Shawn thinks Stami is their only shot at finding Phillip. They have no other choice.

Brady asks Stami, “We asked you to help before and you refused. What changed your mind?”

Kate and Roman make love. Kate flashes back to making love with John. She sees his picture on her dresser. Roman asks what is wrong. Kate looks at the picture.

John takes Marlena down his drug addiction path. The pain after coming home from the island, then he promised Belle he would walk her down the aisle, and so on.

“John,” says Marlena, “Belle’s wedding was a long time ago.”

John says, “The drugs just took over. I’m not proud of this. I’m a classic junkie. Thank God Kate and Brady helped me.”

Marlena asks, “Kate and Brady knew about this? Where did you get the drugs?”

“Here and there. Then I found a pusher, or rather he found me.” John flashes back to his encounter with Stami.

“Oh John,” says Marlena, “You must have gone through hell. I’m sorry. Are you clean now or are you still addicted?”

John tells her, “I’m out of the hard stuff but still rely on my little bag-o-pills.”

Lexie asks to speak to Abe alone. Tec leaves. Lexie asks Abe how he could do this, “Tec is your friend.”

“Some friend,” huffs Abe.

“OK,” asks Lexie, “what about me? Do you honestly believe I could betray you? Yes, it’s true, when we thought you were dead, Tec helped me. You should be thanking him for that.”

Abe says, “I’m here now and I’m your husband, even if I can’t make love to you. I have every right to know what is going on.”

Lexie says, “Nothing is going on. How can you believe I would have an affair?”

Abe says, “Because I know you. You are beautiful and you have needs. If Tec isn’t satisfying those needs who is? Some other doctor here at the hospital?”

“You stop it,” says Lexie, “I am not having an affair with anyone. I love you.”

“Are you sure you’re not just telling me what I want to hear,” asks Abe.

“I’m telling you the truth,” she insists, “If you can’t accept that, then we have a serious problem.” Abe stares, blindly, of course.

Sami flashes back to her instructions from Tony. He tells the guys what Rex said got to him; Rex asked how he could leave a Marine behind to save his own butt, “You guys aren’t even military, not even close. You risked your lives to save Phillip. He was good to me. I need to return the favor.”

The guys buy it, except for Brady, who is still thinking about it.

Bart compliments Tony on his ability to fulfill his twisted goals. Tony flashes back to making the deal with Sami. She made Tony promise not to hurt the Four Mouseketeers. Tony promises. Back to reality. He tells Bart he might not hurt the guys, but he has plans for the guys Stami isn’t aware of.

Roman tells Kate this is his fault. He is rushing things.

Kate says, “I guess I’m just having a hard time processing everything. It’s hard to believe you’ve really come back to me.”

“It is real all right,” says Roman, “If you need any more proof...” he kisses her. “I know why you’re having a tough time with our making love.” Kate stares.

Marlena helps John struggle to the bed. “John you will beat this thing. And I will help you do it.”

“I know I can count on you,” says John.

Marlena suggests rehab but John immediately says no, “Now that you’re here I know I can do this. Fact is, you helped me when I thought you were dead. Between the physical pain and the pain of losing you I just wanted to block everything out. Then your vision gave me the strength to fight. Now you’re back and I will beat this thing.”

Marlena vows, “And I am going to help you. We will do this together.”

John says, “I need you so much.” Kiss. Fade out.

Mickey asks Tec, “What’s it going to be. Are you going to book her?”

Tec will go over the evidence and make his decision. Mickey will see to it Mimi doesn’t leave town.

Belle thanks Tec for not arresting Mimi.

Tec goes back to Abe and Lexie. He tells Abe, “I know you’re going through a rough time, but I haven’t made any moves on Lexie, and I resent the accusation. I also don’t want you to interfere with the Spears case.”

“I still have a lot of clout,” says Abe, “and I advise you to wrap this case up. Who is the attacker?”

Tec says, “I will tell you after I make an arrest.”

The nurse comes up and gets Abe. Lexie says, “I will wait for you out here.” She apologizes to Tec.

Tec reminds her, “He wasn’t completely wrong about us. Before he got back, we were more than just friend and you know it.”

Mickey says Tec isn’t doing anything tonight, but tomorrow is another matter. He’s going back to see if Maggie has made any progress. Bonnie offers to go with him and keep the coffee hot and Maggie and Mickey cool. They leave.

Mimi says she appreciates everyone being positive, “But I’m done for. If Jan dies I will be charged with murder. This is my punishment for lying to Rex and having the abortion. Now I will lose Rex and my freedom and maybe more...”

Kate says, “I don’t want you to be upset with me but there is something I have to tell you.”

Roman tells her, “I can sense something is wrong but I’m not upset. I completely understand. You are worried about your boys, and who can blame you. I’m worried about them too.”

“Yeah,” says Kate, “it was bad enough Phillip got captured and now two of my other boys are in danger too.”

Roman drags out an old line he used on Marlena at the castle, “Listen to me. I am here for you. However you need me to be.”

Kate says, “I’m sorry I’ve been so distracted.”

“You never have to apologize.”

Kate says, “I love you, and I need you.” Smooch. Kate pulls away. She hides the picture of John.

“Oh John, how can I tell you about Roman and me,” thinks Marlena, “I don’t want to cause you any more pain. But I have to tell you soon. If you realize I have kept it form you, you may never forgive me.”

Brady tells Stami they could use his help. He asks for a map. Stami says he can do better than that. He's come up with the perfect plan to rescue Phillip.

GOTCHA!” says Tony in the background.


Previews
========

Tec says, “I still care about you, Lexie. That’s not gonna change.”

“I made a horrible, horrible mistake and I’m going to have to pay the price,” says Billie, “a life without Bo and possibly my daughter.”

“Where the hell is Stan,” asks Brady. Rex says, “He’s already crashed.
Shawn says, “Tomorrow we find out if he is who he says he is.”

Sami thinks, “Damn you, Kate. Once Tony gives me the goods on your ass, so help me, you’re going down.”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at all that thinking Brady's suddenly doing. Maybe he should have tried that BEFORE they enacted their stupid plan.

MarRo and JoHo... I can just live without them all together. This is just so uncharacteristic of them... okay maybe not Kate.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! Thinking before acting. But that would be SO uncharacteristic of any of these bozo's. Plus, the writers couldn't be killing hours and hours and hours of time on this ridiculous rescue mission. HAHAHAHAHA

My LOL of the month came yesterday when Abe decided he was going to suggest Pard become Commander because "Bo hates being Commander and this way he can get out from behind the desk and back in the field." Excuse me? Last time we saw Bo even at the police station, let alone behind a desk, was when he was inexplicably obsessing over that random radio signal they had received (which by the way wasn't even remotely related to Salem police work). That was way back BEFORE LAST SUMMER in the middle of the island story.

Wish I had a job where I could just not show up for months and still get paid.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs