Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The Big Kahuna

The brooding Abe tells the nurse with the bandage on his hand, he can't even dress himself. The nurse tells him he’s just getting used to being blind. Lexie comes in. Abe tells her he burned his hand on the stove. Lexie wants to look at it but Abe pulls away. She wants him to stop trying to cook for himself. Abe snaps, “What am I supposed to do, call you every time I want a cup of tea? I was monitoring the police radio and heard about the crash. Am I supposed to ask you to leave Abby Deveraux so you can come home to tend to me? Is Abby hurt badly?”

“She’ll be all right,” says Lexie, “The last thing Jennifer needs is another tragedy.” Lexie reacts as she sees Jennifer kissing Jack. We have the big reunion.

Tec says if Jan dies he may ask for murder one. Bonnie says Jan has never told the truth in her whole miserable life. She freaks out and runs into Jan's room. She shouts, “You tell the truth you lying bitch or I’ll pull your plug!”

Nicole plots to ruin Chloe’s’ surgery. Meanwhile, Chloe sleeps and dreams of Brady. In her dream, Brady says, “The surgery was a complete success. Your face is perfect. I wish you would have let me be there with you. You should have told me the truth.”

The dreaming Chloe says, “I couldn’t let you see me until I was completely healed. Only, did I wait to long? Have you fallen in love with Nicole?” Brady stares.

Stami struggles and thinks about her REVENGE. Shawn still wants to hear Stami’s answer. Stami insists he is a reporter. Brady pulls the guys aside, “I know I have seen this guy before. Lets find out if he is armed.”

Stami thinks, “If Brady frisks me, he will find out this he is a she.

Lucas looks through the binoculars, “Holy... I know who that is!”

Chloe tosses and turns. She dreams, “I don’t’ blame you. You believed I was dead and have every right to move on with your life. I know Nicole loves you but how do you feel about her?”

Brady says, “I can’t lie to you. I do love Nicole.”

Nicole slices an orange with the scalpel. A woman walks up and surprises her. Her face is scarred. She tells Nicole she already had reconstructive surgery and it did t work, “This is me for the rest of my life.”

Nicole drops the scalpel, “I can't do this.”

Brady starts to frisk Stami but Stami drops the gun. Brady asks, “Tell me something, how does a reporter who was a captive end up with a loaded gun?”

Stami insists, “I bought it.”

Stami may have bought the gun but the guys aren’t buying the story. Stami says he can help them find Phillip. Lucas peers through his field glasses, “I knew it! I knew that guy looked familiar.” Lucas remembers his conversation with Stami in Salem. “What the hell is he doing here?” Lucas whips out his handy dandy PDA and writes a message.

Brady gets the message on his handy dandy PDA and tells the guys he will be back. Shawn stares at Stami and says, “Now we will find out the truth.”

Brady gets to Lucas’ position. Lucas tells him he met Stami in Salem. “Let me question him and I will find out the truth,” says Lucas.

Mimi tells Bonnie to back off. Tec tells them he will have them arrested if they threaten Jan again. Tec leaves and Bonnie lunges toward Jan’s room. Mimi tries to stop her but Bonnie gets through, “Wake up you lying little bitch!


The bewildered Jan asks, “What...” She looks up and sees Mimi and Bonnie.

Bonnie says, “Listen, and listen good, Jan. You are going to recant your story.” Mimi begs Jan to tell the truth.

“I’ll never recant,” says Jan, “You’re toast.”

Jack tells Abe they have had experiences very few people have had – coming back from the dead. Except, of course, in Salem where if you haven't come back from the dead, you're nobody. Jennifer tells Jack about Abe’s eyesight. Jack asks if there is a treatment. Lexie tells him it’s permanent. Jack says, “I’m sorry, Abe. Is there anything I can do?”

“It’s not being able to work says Abe. I’m just so glad you’re alive, Jack. When Roman’s ready to come back to work I’m going to recommend him for my job.”

They all are sorry about Caroline and Victor. Abe speculates Tony is still alive. Jack says there is no way he could have survived. Jennifer wants Lexie to give Jack a complete physical. Jack protests but Lexie insists. Jack tells Abe they will get together later. Jack and Jennifer go into the examining room.

Lexie leads Jack to the counter. Abe talks about his complications.

In the examining room, it's Jack who wants to give Jennifer the complete physical. He wants to take Jennifer home. He wants to be alone with her. Jennifer suggests they go off to the Horton cabin for a few days. Oops. Jack remembers the cabin. He stammers, “I gotta tell you something, Jennifer, and it’s not good. Please sit down. Jennifer, I betrayed our marriage vows.” Jennifer stares.

She asks, “Which marriage vow did you betray, Jack.”

The Big Kahuna of all marriage vows. I promised when it came to you I'd be up front and truthful no matter what. I told you I escaped before. When I got home there was a woman impersonating you. She was and was not you. Her hair. Her face. She had this mask that looked and felt like you. I was exhausted. I was exhilarated. She suggested we go to the cabin. I know now she didn’t want me to see you or anyone else. But I went. She was so convincing. I slept with her, Jennifer.”

Lexie tells Abe his complications will not ruin their marriage.

Abe broods, “We don’t have a marriage anymore, Lexie. I’m impotent.” Tec walks up as Abe is talking.

Lucas tells Brady about his encounter with Stami. Brady says he has seen him back in Salem somewhere. Brady decides to go back. Lucas will stay where he is and be the backup, since Stan thinks there are only three of them.

“Something’s not right with that creep. If Brady doesn’t find out, I will,” says Lucas.

As they question Stami a bomb hits close to their base camp and the boys go flying.

Tec tells them he’s working on the Spears case. He asks about Abe’s hand. They talk about the case. When Abe hears all the evidence Tec has, he gets angry with him. He tells Tec he’s wasting the taxpayer’s money. Tec should jail the perp and move on to another case. Lexie tries to calm Abe down. It doesn’t work. The suspicious Abe asks, “Is there something going on between the two of you?”

The nurse walks up and says, “Commander Carver, I have the insurance forms for you to sign.


Abe snaps back at her, “That’s Mister Carver.”

Abe goes off with the nurse. Lexie and Tec talk. Lexie says the blindness is destroying Abe’s self-esteem. Tec reminds us blind people can live full lives.

Lexie says, “He’s just not ready yet. This is killing him.”

Tec observes, “Seems like it’s taking its toll on you too.”

Jennifer asks, “You slept with her, Jack?”

Jack says, “I dreamed of being with you for months.”

“There had to be some difference,” says Jennifer.

Jack goes on the defensive, “The DiMera’s have done this kind of thing before.” Then he realizes, “What am I saying? I’m hurting you.”

“I can’t believe you made love to her,” says Jennifer.

“I did,” says Jack, “I did and I’m sorry. And I’m hoping you’ll forgive me.” Jennifer stares.

Nicole sneaks into Chloe’s room as Chloe talks in her sleep about Brady spending the rest of his life with her. Nicole’s imagination fires up.

“I’m so grateful you’re alive,” says Brady.

“We can only be together if my face is exactly like you remembered it.”

In the dream Brady takes off the bandages. He smiles. It’s the gorgeous Chloe. Now they can have the life they have finally dreamed about. Nicole walks in and asks, “What about us?” Brady says Chloe is the one great love of his life. Brady and Nicole can’t be together. He’s going to be with Chloe. Nicole cries as the lovebirds kiss.

Nicole pops out of the fantasy. She stares at the scalpel, “You’ve given me no choice, Chloe.”

Rex helps Brady up. Everyone is OK, but Stami has escaped. They split up to search for him. Stami hides, “Oh Sami, what did you get into this time? God please don’t let me die out here.”

Lucas watches Stami wander and hide, “I know you told me to wait, Brady, but I’m going to get to the bottom of this right now.” Lucas is on the move.

Lexie tells Tec he is right, “Abe’s blindness isn’t easy on ay of us. Things will get better.”

Tec tells her she doesn’t have to handle this alone, “I’m here.”

Lexie says, “I’m fine, really.”

“You don’t look fine,” says Tec.

Lexie has to go, “I need to get on with my rounds.”

Jennifer paces. “You can’t forgive me can you,” asks Jack.

“It’s not a question of forgiveness,” says Jennifer, “I know you were Tony's victim. No one wants to find out her husband slept with someone else. How could you not know the difference with her clothes off? How could it be the same?”

Jack stammers, “It wasn’t the same, but it had been so long I didn’t give a flying leap. I didn’t question it. I let it happen. I’ve hurt you. I’m sorry. I just... please don’t let this come between us. 'Cause if you do, then Tony wins.

“It’s too late, Jack.”

Mimi slams her purse on Jan’s bed. Now it’s Bonnie trying to calm Mimi down. They leave the room. Tec walks up. He just came to see if Jan wants to add to her statement incriminating Mimi.

Tec tells Jan, “I’m here to see if you want to add to your statement.”

“Good,” says Jan.

Outside, Mimi thinks Jan is dead. The nurse says she is just asleep. Tec has to leave. Outside the room, Tec asks Mimi if she is ready to confess, “If I were you, Mimi, I’d cop a plea. If not, you’ll be going to prison for a long time.”

He leaves. Mimi considers what he said, “Maybe I should make a deal”

Bonnie tells her not to do it.

Mimi says, “Mom, I am going to jail, and if Jan dies, it could be death row.”

Bonnie says, “No way, ‘cause Momma’s gonna to bring out the big guns.


OMG, NO! NOT THE MICKSTER! Strap her to the gurney right now and start pumping in the juice.

Abe is waiting. He sarcastically tells Lexie, “I wouldn’t want to interrupt your busy schedule. I’ll leave by myself. Don’t wake me when you get home. There wouldn’t be much point anyway.
He bounces from wall to wall as he walks out.

Tec comes up and asks if Lexie is OK. “I just don’t’ know how we’re going to get through this, Tec.” Helpful Tec hugs her.

Jennifer says, “Jack, Tony already stole so much from us. We can never get that back. This hurts terribly. It wasn’t your fault. The only one to blame is Tony DiMera. I love you so much for not giving up on us. Yes, I forgive you. Of course I do.” Did we expect anything else?

The keystone cops fumble around in the dark. They have to track Stami down.

Stami sneaks around. Shawn grabs him, “Now we’ll find out who you really are.” FF on Shawn smothering Stami.


Previews
========

Jack tells Lexie, “I need to be tested for sexually transmitted disease.” Wide-eyed Lexie stares and wonders.

Shawn asks, “How do you know so much about us?” Stami says, “I’m a friend and I can help you get everything you want.”

Mimi says to Tec, “First degree murder. That’s a capital crime. I could go to death row.”

Jan tees off on Belle, “If anything happens to him I will make you suffer for all the days of your life.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been "pumping the juice" all morning - my high caffeine soft drink that is. Another great line, "If you haven't come back from the dead you're nobody." Ain't that the truth.

Not only was the moving picture great, but Pard's line in the following picture was hilarious.

Great Prevuze, as always.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs