Monday, September 06, 2010

Santa Claus Got My Letter

Attendants wheel EJ into the hospital waiting area. Daniel puts out an APB for Carly. Stefano steps in, "If he needs blood I'll give him all I've got."

"I'm glad you've got blood to give," says Daniel, "But it's a good thing he doesn't need a heart transplant." Stefano tells Daniel to do everything he can.

Rafe is on his knee asking Sami to marry him. Sami bawls and whines that he doesn't know what he's getting into. Rafe says he knew when EJ came back with Sydney he did it so he could have that moment of triumph. Sami whimpers, "But my life has been a mess."

"Mine's been a drag," says Rafe, "I want it to be a mess... with you. I want to be the man who is (say it with him) always there for you. So... I asked you a question."

Sami ponders, "Will I marry you?"

"HELL YES!"

The ring goes on and Sami yanks him back into bed. More often than not in Salem, a marriage proposal and a booty call are the same thing.

Victor finds Brady in the Kiriakis den. He tells him he and Stefano have hit a snag and he's sending Vivian to Tahiti. Brady wonders if that's why Victor started the fight — so he could ship Vivian off and cozy up to Maggie. He offers to help Victor as Vivian listens in. Brady asks how Maggie fits in to all this.

The surgeons shave EJ's head, but don't find a brain under all the hair.

Kate and Stefano are together at the hospital. Bo finds them and says he wants to question them. "Not now," booms Stefano. He walks away. Bo asks Kate if either of them saw anything. Kate tells him about spending the night on the yacht. Bo says he would have to rent a stadium to bring in everyone who wants EJ dead.

Kate flashes back to telling Sami what EJ was planning, "I think I know who's responsible." Stefano overhears.

Rafe brings Sami coffee. She's watching TV and says she just wants to know what's going on in the world. They talk about the engagement and people's presumed reactions. Rafe promises happiness.

We pan in on EJ, who now looks like Howie Mandel on a bad hair day.

Vivian listens as Brady and Victor talk about Maggie. Brady lectures, "If you're looking for an excuse to get rid of Vivian to get to Maggie... Maggie's on to you."

Chloe and Nicole are together at Chloe's place Chloe whines, "I can't believe EJ got shot."

"Yeah ," quips Nicole, "it's like Santa Claus got my letter." Nicole decides to go to the hospital, "I want to be there when he kicks the bucket." Chloe follows.

Stefano asks, "You know who did this and did not tell me?"

Bo steps in, "Maybe she doesn't want you to take matters into your own hands."

Stefano turns to Kate, "Whoever shot Elvis is going to pay. It'll cost a fortune to have those sheets cleaned. So who did it?"

Kate stammers, "I was thinking about the scene you and Victor had last night." She explains to Bo what happened. Bo vows to find whodoneit.

Sami and Rafe are with Caroline at the pub. Caroline welcomes Rafe to the family, "And there I thought our family IQ couldn't get any lower." Johnny runs out and Sami tells him she and Rafe are getting married.

Johnny is a spoilsport, "My daddy won't like it."

"You won't have to worry about your daddy any more," says Sami.

Dr. Daniel barks orders, "Suction!"

"This show," asks Carly, "It sure does." suddenly, EJ flatlines. Carly screams, "Quick! Call a doctor! He's coding. We're losing him."

Stefano asks a nurse what's going on. She tells him EJ is still in surgery. Stefano goes into a rage. Kate tries to calm him down, "I have issues with Daniel, that two-timing wham-bam-thank-ya-ma'am love-'em-and-leave-'em horndog, but he is a wonderful surgeon." Stefano says he feels helpless. That gets a hug from Kate.

Nicole Chloe and her guard walk up. Stefano threatens Nicole.

Vivian eavesdrops as Victor calls Maggie. He tells her the scene she walked into last night is something he's thought about a lot and now he thinks it's a good idea if she leaves town, "I don’t want to see you get hurt." Maggie says she hasn't decided to change her plans. "Good," says Victor, "Be safe."

Stefano lunges at Nicole but her bodyguard stops him. Nicole insists she can prove she didn't shoot EJ.

Sami says she knows Johnny feels mixed up right now. Like mother like son. She says Rafe makes her happier than she has ever been, "So we will get married and live happy for all the Days Of Our Lives." Rafe steps in and tells Johnny how great it will be. Family hug.

Bo busts in. Caroline tells him about the engagement. Bo asks to speak to Sami and Rafe alone. Caroline takes Johnny off. "I've got some bad news," says Bo, "EJ was shot last night."

"You're kidding me," gasps Sami.

"Yeah," says Bo, "We kid about attempted murder all the time."

Meanwhile, back in the operating room/barber shop...

"CLEAR!" ZAP! "CLEAR!" ZAP! "CLEAR!" ZAP!

EJ stabilizes.

Vivian tells Victor she's not leaving at a time like this, "I need to be here to be by your side and also to handle the arrangements with Isabella."

Daniel removes the bullet from EJ's brain and drops it into a bucket Carly is holding out for him... CLINK!

"Great job," says Carly, "Except for all the icky blood you left all over the place. How did you get that bullet out of his brain?"

"It was tough," says Daniel, "It was like working in a vacuum. And I want to compliment you on your assistance. Nobody holds a bullet bucket like you do."


Stefano accuses Nicole of lying. Chloe backs up Nicole's story. Stefano tells Nicole she's lucky she has an alibi, "The one who shot my son has a death sentence over his head."

Sami gets woozy. She staggers to a chair and sits down, "I can't believe EJ is dead." She picks up a glass to take a drink.

Bo tells her she's jumping to conclusions, "I never said EJ was dead." The glass slips from Sami's hand, hits the floor and breaks. Rafe helps Sami clean up. He goes for towels and Bo sits with Sami as she rambles about the shooting.

Chloe stands at the pier, holds her tummy, looks toward heaven and prays, "Thank you... But I'm a little confused. It's getting late. Since it's Labor Day, I figured I'd have gone into labor by now."

Nathan finds her. He congratulates her on her pregnancy, "I assume... any confusion on who the father is... is all cleared up by now."

"I'm still confused," says Chloe, "but it doesn't have anything to do with who the father is."

Phillip finds Melanie in Maggie's kitchen. He's surprised to find her going through one of Maggie's cookbooks, "I just thought I'd rustle us up some boiled water," says Melanie. Phillip thinks they should have a celebration for Chloe and Daniel. That surprises Melanie since Phillip was "gloomy" when he first heard about the pregnancy.

Ian arrives at Stephanie's apartment. Stephanie is hot to know who changed the test results.

Lexie rushes in and Stefano begs her to help EJ. Daniel walks up. Stephanie gasps, "Is he going to make it?"

Daniel gives the look of death, "We did everything we could... but he still may survive."

Bo fills Sami and Rafe in on the situation. Sami flashes back to debrainifying EJ.

Bo asks the critical question, "Sami, where were you last night?"

Chloe is indignant that Nathan would ever ask her that. Nathan accuses her of being hormonal. "I am not hormonal," says Chloe as her hormones gush, "Stephanie needs to have her brain checked for being with you."

"They already checked Stephanie's brain," says Nathan, "and found she didn't have one. He apologizes. Chloe tells him the baby is Daniel's. Nathan tells her to calm down.

Chloe has a meltdown, "If you suggest therapy or sex rehab I'll toss your ass into the river along with anything that's left of my self-control."

Nathan assures her he won't say anything, "Whomever you messed around with is damn lucky he didn't get caught."

Phillip insists he was never gloomy about the baby. "I was there when you learned about it," says Melanie, "and I didn't see your dimples anywhere."

Phillip says he didn't want people to get their hopes up, "We all knew it was a slim chance that Chloe could conceive."

"A baby," says Melanie.

"No," says Phillip, "With Chloe there it's a slim chance she can conceive of anything. Chloe is a good friend and she's been through a lot. I was just worried about her."

"All the more reason to celebrate," says Melanie.

Phillip fakes overjoyment, "Now I'm as excited as you are." Melanie suggests a baby shower. She's happy Phillip is now excited. Phillip gives her his phony smile.

Stephanie tires to convince Ian to get back into the hospital system. Ian suggests she just ask Phillip if he switched the results. She says she can't because Phillip would freak out, "I just hope it wasn't someone else who switched the results."

Salem: Where reality goes to die.

Sami wants to know why Bo is asking her, "You think I did it, don't you?" Stares.

Daniel says, "Your son is alive. Stefano is relieved, and tosses threats. Daniel and Stefano go off to see EJ as Kate flashes back again, "Dear God, what have I done?"

"Don't worry," says God, "I have a complete list."

Ian says he wants to help but the risk is too big. Stephanie begs. She rationalizes that he will be helping people keep from destroying their lives. Ian caves like the 1986 RedSox. Stephanie hugs and says she has to go meet Nathan at the Cheatin' Heart, "I owe you." She leaves. Ian goes to the computer and clickety-clacks.

Daniel gives Stefano details about the operation, "There was minimal damage. In fact, I couldn't even find a nick in the bullet." He says he doesn't know if there will be permanent brain damage.

Lexie chimes in, "We're optimistic about that, though, since brain-damage requires a brain. It will be a few days before we know for sure."

"A few days," booms Stefano, "Is that DOOL time or real time?" Daniel leaves.

Rafe provides an alibi, "Sami was with me last night. We had more monkey sex than the chimpanzee exhibit at the Salem zoo." Sami remains offended that Bo would ask her. Bo leaves. "Well," says Rafe, "I know what was really going on last night." Guilt-ridden Sami stares.

"I know you couldn't sleep," says Rafe, "You had nightmares." He insists everything will be fine. It's good to see Rafe remains as clueless as ever. "I'm sure part of you wishes EJ would die," says he says.

"No," says Sami, "He's the father of my kids. Some of them, anyway."

"I only meant a few of your personalities want him dead," says Rafe, "Whatever happens with EJ I will (say it with him) be there for you and the kids. Sami bawls and hugs. And bawls. Did I mention she bawls?

Daniel stops Stefano from going in to see EJ, "I have to go check on him first. It's a hairy situation."

"You mean his chances of recovery?"

"No," says Daniel, "I'm talking about the operating room floor. There is so much hair on it you would swear it's carpeted."


Bo comes up and Lexie fills him in. Bo says, "Sami is worried her kids will lose their father."

"Which kids, which father," asks Lexie, "Is that all she's worried about? They were about to be married. I can't believe she doesn't have feelings for him at all."

Carly rushes up, "I have news!"

We pan in on Buzz DiMera.

Out in the audience, vendors make a fortune as they walk through the crowd selling locks of EJ's hair.

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


11 Comments:

Blogger LeeLeigh said...

Prevuze said "Ian caves like the 1986 RedSox."

Wow, that was a cheap shot Prevuze. You could have made an Obama joke, but noooooooo, you chose the easy way out... if my Red Sox fan days hadn't ended in 1978, I might resent that remark...lol

So EJ survives. Wow, there's a shocker. I was teetering on my seat all weekend waiting to find that out...

Carly says: "I have news." I bet I know what the news is --- she found out EJ's hair is up for sale to the highest bidder on Ebay, and she wishes she'd saved a lock instead of helping Dr. Groper save his life....

I'm happy to see that Sami & Rafe finally got out of bed. I was concerned they might get bedsores if they stayed there any longer.

Thank goodness it's a Monday holiday. I can relax and watch golf! And thank goodness Prevuze is back on. The only thing worse than a day without Prevuze is a day that DOOL shows Rafe rolling over in bed a dozen times....

Happy Labor Day to all.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"Mine's been a drag," says Rafe, "I want it to be a mess... with you.”

This could be interesting - Rafe a mess in drag.

More often than not in Salem, a marriage proposal and a booty call are the same thing.

With attempted murder as foreplay, this has got to be rated a five-starfish experience.

The surgeons shave EJ's head, but don't find a brain under all the hair.

Chasing Sami caused EJ to lose his mind long ago.

Bo says he would have to rent a stadium to bring in everyone who wants EJ dead.

He might want to look into Soldier Field. Somehow I don’t think anything resembling football will be played there this season. Geez!

They talk about the engagement and people's presumed reactions.

…so they order a gross of barf bags on Craigslist.

We pan in on EJ, who now looks like Howie Mandel on a bad hair day.

Yellow flags are raining from the Ejami section.

"Yeah ," quips Nicole, "it's like Santa Claus got my letter."

Kudos to the DOOL scribes! Apparently, they were taking notes in Snark 101 taught by Professor Prevuze. Since the writers can’t help themselves, Nicole and the bodyguard show up at the hospital to taunt Stefano. Good job - not!

"You won't have to worry about your daddy any more," says Sami.

Just another example of Sami’s terrific parenting skills - channeling her feelings to EJ's son.

"I have issues with Daniel, that two-timing wham-bam-thank-ya-ma'am love-'em-and-leave-'em horndog.”

LOL!!! Right on Prevuze!!!

Nathan assures her he won't say anything, "Whomever you messed around with is damn lucky he didn't get caught."

What a classless judgmental jerk! Stephanie and Nathan deserve each other.

Ian caves like the 1986 RedSox.

Someone else can throw a penalty flag on that one. As far as I’m concerned, baseball season was over in May.

"Well," says Rafe, "I know what was really going on last night."

This could be foreshadowing or Rafe is reminding himself to make a condom run.

"No," says Sami, "He's the father of my kids. Some of them, anyway."

WHIPLASH!!!!!! I’m going to get a lawyer and sue!!!!!! What was the Sami/Rafe/Johnny warm and fuzzy scene all about?

We pan in on Buzz DiMera.

Make that hot Buzz DiMera.

Bulldog - so true, so true. Sami picked the wrong day for the retro tie-dyed look! Have a great and fun Labor Day everyone, and thanks to Prevuze for laboring away for the faithful!!

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Here's proof to all of those commenters who gripe Prevuze takes sides. Prevuze is an equal opportunity snarker!:

The surgeons shave EJ's head, but don't find a brain under all the hair.

With Chloe there it's a slim chance she can conceive of anything.

They already checked Stephanie's brain and found she didn't have one.

It's good to see Rafe remains as clueless as ever
and my personal favorite which encompasses all:

Dr. Daniel barks orders, "Suction!" "This show," asks Carly, "It sure does." HAHAHAHA

Good grief, is this hospital so lame it only has three doctors??

And I think my number one item on my wish list to Santa - that Steponme gets caught and her prissy butt is tossed in jail. But wait! They'd just have Ian take the fall for the whole thing ala Dr. Baker.

I'm sorry you had to labor thru such drivel on Labor Day, Prevuze but we appreciate your taking the bullet for us. HA! Get it? TAKING THE BULLET??

I need more coffee.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

For those who missed the last comment from yesterday, JenH provided a good one on the quality of the current writers' story lines:
.......their current stories bite the big hootchie goddess of ReHash in the Sky.

Rafe is on his knee asking Sami to marry him. Sami bawls and whines that he doesn't know what he's getting into.

With DOOL constantly repeating entire scenes from the previous day's episode, I feel like I'm watching Short Attention Span Theater.

Bo says he would have to rent a stadium to bring in everyone who wants EJ dead.

Considering Bo threatened to kill EJ the last time he interacted with him, Bo would need to be the first one at the stadium.

We pan in on EJ, who now looks like Howie Mandel on a bad hair day.

Ouch, low blow Prevuze. LOL

"And there I thought our family IQ couldn't get any lower.

Caroline has been cranky enough lately to have really said that, but it was just too good not to be a prevuism. Too bad. LOL

My HUH?! moment:
Melanie suggests a baby shower.

Didn't we go through this the last time Chloe was pregnant (and then had the miscarriage)? It's too early for a baby shower you dim wit!

A Prevuze post makes even a holiday a little brighter. Go forth and labor no more Prevuze (at least not for another 18 hours or so).

8:15 AM  
Anonymous Luci said...

"You won't have to worry about your daddy any more," says Sami.

Can't lie, I audibly gasped when I read that. What a terrible, terrible thing to say. Shit parenting 101: starring Sami Brady, first assignment: bring your lover with you to class because HE is your first priority.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I totally agree with you Luci. I'm ready for Johnny to start acting like a full on brat and give Sami hell.

Rafe's back? I thought he was for months now. Oh, that's right. As long as Sami wasn't in his bed, he couldn't be bothered to say hello to the kids he supposedly loves.

Okay, Johnny knows his daddy won't like it. Where's his anger and childish rebellion? He's a Dimera and the son of Sami Brady. These things should just come naturally. For him to go from that statement to hugs is lazy and terrible writing. Out of all the times to make this kid disagreeable,this time would have been perfect and actually make sense.

So, Sami is showing Johnny that EJ doesn't matter if Rafe is around? Wow. No words for that.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Bergenstein said...

And the demonizing of Sami continues. Pretty soon there will be nothing likeable about her.

We had more monkey sex than the chimpanzee exhibit at the Salem zoo too true. There was a fair amount of "debris" in my surroundings from all the breakfasts over the last week I ate that came right back up.

Obivously, something is not right in the state of Salem. Sami not caring, and having repeated monkey sex with EJ at death's door is not fitting. Something is going on here. I swear if Bobby Ewing comes out of the shower and this was all a dream - I may have to like the writers. Beyond that, lies nothing.

This over the top Rafenstein is the best, hero in the world and shining starfish of a man character is really doing a number on my stomach.

Prevuze - snarkiest blog on the web and thank goodness!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Any faithful Prevuzites out there who don't follow Prevuze on Twitter should check out today's @Prevuze twitter stream.

Prevuze sacrifices everything for the loyal followers, even watching the Douchebag Golf Tourney to provide fabulous Prevuze snark.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This Sami/EJ/Rafe plotline is insufferable. I can't even watch anymore.

7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sami needs her mother..MARLENA!!!Please!!!..Heck the whole town needs a bit of professional help....I like Maggie, Doug, Julie..ok ok you got me..I have a think for EJ too. What??!! I know I know......Prevuze I love the line your wrote"Salem where reality come to die":)))Peace

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a long time Prevuze reader (stopped watching couple of years ago, though) and I LOVE Prevuze. I've never posted but I just have to say that I was absolutely SHOCKED at Sami's behavior today. I know I probably shouldn't be the way the writing has been going lately, but my goodness! Sami was supposed to marry Jonny's dad, doesn't, disappears for a day to have a bunch of monkey sex then when she finally does see her child she just says that her and Rafe are getting married and he doesn't have to worry about his dad anymore!!??!! WTF is all I have to say to that! Thanks Prevuze for all you do :)

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs