Monday, August 09, 2010

A Random Act Of Nastiness

Hope sits in the inquisition chamber, broods and cries as Julie comes in. Julie rushes over to her but but nasty guard Boris Badenov tells her there can't be any physical contact between visitors and the cootie-laden prisoners. Julie asks to speak to Hope alone but Boris denies that request, too. Hope says there is nothing to talk about, anyway.

The Hernandez clan has gathered in Rafe's FBI office. Rafe asks if Arianna is glad she's no longer under suspicion. Arianna bounces off the walls dissing Hope and all the things Hope did to her.

Will comes into the rumpus room looking for his phone. He tells Kate he's meeting Stefano at the pub. Kate thinks he has a lock on the job Stefano has for him, but Will is still nervous. He's decided he likes Stefano, though.

Chad finds Stefano talking on the phone at the pub, "I'd like to talk to you. It's about my mom."

"Don't worry," says Stefano, "I'm seeing to it that a granite marker in her memory is erected at the pier, right next to Tony's."

Sami and EJ lounge at the beach. It's a pec-showing, boob-revealing extravaganza as they sit and talk about the kids playing. Sami says it's awesome to be there with the family, but rips off a sigh deep enough to turn the surrounding area into a vacuum. EJ wonders what that was about. Wackadoodle Sami says, "I know what you're up to. You won't get away with it."

Stefano evades. Chad presses, "She was like two different people and I only knew one of them."

"Which one," asks Stefano, "The respected judge or the lowlife hooker?" Stefano gets uncomfortable and cuts it short. He says he feels sorry about Madeline, but can't help Chad, and leaves.

EJ says he doesn't want Sami to think he's pressuring her. That's all good with Sami, who doesn't want to be pressured. EJ says being at the beach with the woman he loves and his family makes him the happiest man in the world, "I know you say you don't want me to push, but your smile says something different. It says, 'I just got a diamond the size of Mt. Kilimanjaro.'"

We fade out and fade in to a fantasy scene. Sami is sleeping on the beach. Rafe comes up. "We love each other and we both know that," says Rafe, "We belong together." They move in on each other for more than a little togetherness.

EJ asks if Sami is OK, "What are you thinking about?"

Arianna goes off the cliff, "That psycho said I was guilty to cover her own butt!" Rafe says he understood Hope didn't know what she was doing. Arianna says she intends to find out if Hope was faking it. She sets out on that mission.

Hope cries. Julie pats her hand and Hope asks her to watch Ciara for her, "Bo as well... what have I done to his life?"

Julie isn't exactly on Bo's side, "What did he do to yours?"

Hope beats herself up, "Nothing that warranted what I did to him."

Julie begs, "Don't do this to yourself." Hope says it's time for Julie to go. She tells Julie not to come back, "Please take care of my baby... if he ever comes back from that 'round the world boat cruise, that is."

Sami says, "My church believes in original sin. I want to blame Nicole and Baker, but I committed the original sin because I didn't tell you I was pregnant."

Biblical scholars everywhere roll their eyes. God looks down on the pathetic scene and says, "I've gotta have a looooong talk with that girl."

EJ says he understands why she did that. Sami says, "I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself."

EJ insists she will be able to forgive herself, "The weak cannot forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong."

"I like that," says Sami, "I don't have a clue what it means, but I like it."

"I can't take credit for it," says EJ, "Ghandi beat me to it. I know you will forgive yourself because you are the strongest person I have ever known."

"Yes," says Sami, "Yes." EJ gives her a confused look. "Yes," she repeats, "I'll marry you."

Gabi asks Rafe if something is wrong. "Nothing," says Rafe. Translation: "Everything."

Will finds Chad at the pub and asks if Stefano is around. Chad tells him Stefano took off. He thinks he chased Stefano away, "I'm telling you, Stefano knew exactly what I was asking about." Will says he thinks it would be difficult for Stefano to talk to Chad about something like that. He thinks Chad should stop beating himself up, "It will be better when you go to Wake Forest."

"There is just one teeny-tiny problem," says Chad.

Stefano shows up in the rumpus room. Kate accuses him of running away from a teenage boy and then backs off when Stefano gives her a look that reminds her of how many people he's killed for criticizing him. She says she thinks Stefano shouldn't keep dodging Chad. Kate suggests praying all Madeline's secrets were buried with her.

The clouds part. The sun shines. Munchkins dance. The Cubs win the World Series. And Sami accepts EJ's proposal. EJ flips out, "You just said yes!" He picks her up and whirls and twirls her around. Out in the audience, Safes hurl. Giddy EJ wants to tell the kids but Sami backs him down. EJ gets his head out of the clouds and asks to kiss the bride. The bride complies.

"OMG," pants EJ, "Do those boobs come with the deal?"

"Only in exchange for those pecs," says Sami.


Arianna walks into the police station just as they are hauling Hope out of the rubber-hose room. Arianna stares. Hope stares. Arianna erupts, "You owe me, detective!"

"Yes, I do," drones Hope.

Rafe wanders the beach and talks on his phone. Apparently some informant didn't show. Suddenly, Rafe bumps into blushing bride Sami. They share an uncomfortable moment. Rafe says he's sorry for acting like a stupid jerk at the pub. "Stupid is as stupid does," says Sami Gump. She says she's sorry for overreacting.

"What's new," asks Rafe.

Sami swallows her tongue, "Chucklehuff."

"Well, I guess something is," says Rafe, "What is it?"

Chad's teeny-tiny problem is he wants to get into a class that requires business experience, but doesn't have any. Will wonders why Chad needs business experience to get into a business class. Chad says it's an advanced class. Will figures he has what Chad needs. He tells him about the job with Stefano and shows him the project portfolio, "Stefano needs a seventeen year-old with a C minus in math to do this. I almost didn't qualify. I was headed for an A until Rafe started tutoring me in advanced algebra." He suggests Chad work with him and suggests they go talk to Stefano.

DA Woods interrupts the conversation, "Chad, you're not going anywhere."

OK, let's recap. Arianna has gone off the deep end for what Hope did to her. Hope is an emotional wreck, under arrest for more crimes than Jesse James committed. The two vipers meet face to face in the booking area of the SPD and the whole situation is a tinderbox ready to go up in flames. So how does the SPD handle it? They put the mongoose and cobra in the same room together and take bets on which one will come out alive. Arianna sits with Hope in the interrogation room and rants, "You did all that!" Hope agrees she did it all. Arianna wants to know why Hope set her up.

Charles sits alone with Chad and tells him to use his head. So Chad slams the ketchup bottle against his temple to loosen the cap and open it. Kate watches as Charles says he's going to Chicago and the trip could take time, "I may not be back before you go to North Carolina. Things have changed. Plans have fallen through."

"Maybe I shouldn't go to Wake Forest," says Chad.

Sami tells Rafe she saw Baker, "It's hard reliving all that crap." Rafe says he knows that, but reminds her Sydney is safe. Sami thinks Sydney was hurt because of what she did, however.

Will comes into the rumpus room to see Stefano. Stefano apologizes for the change of venue. Will tells him he thinks he's a little over his head with this project and suggests involving Chad. Stefano vetoes that immediately.

Chad thinks he and his dad should get closer now that Madeline has become a permanent grease spot on the concrete at the pier. Cold, uncaring DA Charles has to go.

Stefano tells Will he has to do this project on his own. Will thinks this is more about Chad and his mom than about himself.

Hope insists she didn't intentionally mean to hurt Arianna. "What," snorts Arianna, "Planting evidence was just a random act of nastiness?" Hope is soooo sorry. Arianna says she has been around the prison system's school of hard knocks and knows all the excuses, "And that's what you're using the pills for. I did time and I paid for what I did. I will not let you and your powerful last name just walk away." Hope agrees she needs to pay.

Rafe thinks Sami's guilt works out swell for EJ. She blows up that Rafe brought his name up. "OK," snorts Rafe, "The man is a frickin' saint. He forgives you."

Sami snaps back, "None of this is any of your business. That's t how you wanted it. I don't even know you any more."

Will continues to press to bring Chad into the deal. Stefano continues to refuse. He says he doesn't want the son of a DA involved. Will wonders what Stefano doesn't want Chad to know about his mom.

Arianna thinks Hope is putting on a brilliant performance, "I won't let you play the victim. There isn't a pill that makes anyone that evil sick and venal. In prison the inmates and the screws will see right through you." She gets up and leaves. Hope stares.

Rafe tells Sami EJ would do anything to own Sydney. Sami says she was wrong about EJ. Rafe insists she wasn't, "What happened to the woman who would do anything for her kids as long as they were staying with someone else? You have to face the truth about EJ."

"Your truth."

Rafe blows up, "You are so wrong about him. So wrong."

Doug has now joined the fools parade marching past Hope. She insists she doesn't want a lawyer and will plead guilty. She refuses to hide behind the pills. Doug thinks she is still under their influence. Hope breaks down and apologizes for what she is putting him through, "You must be so ashamed of me."

"Of course I am," says Doug, "But that's beside the point."

Kate joins Chad, "How do you feel about unsolicited advice."

"I thought you only solicited," says Chad. He rambles on about the lack of attention he got from his dad when he was younger, "The guy just doesn't want me around."

"So," says Kate, "He does have a little intelligence."

Sami rants and says she thinks Rafe still loves her. "I do," says Lunk.

"You don't love the real me," says Sami.

"With your 127 different personalities," says Rafe, "No one can even find the real you. But that's a cop out. EJ is pretending to be someone he isn't and you're holding on to the lie."

Sami screams, "I thought we weren't going to fight."

Chad says he knows Kate is trying to be nice, "But you don't owe me anything." He leaves.

"You're wrong about that," says Kate.

Gabi and Arianna are in the woods. Arianna tells her not to worry about her. Gabi thinks Arianna is angry and has reason to be, "But when you went to prison, I was alone with mom and got left holding the bag."

"Don't call our mom a bag," says Arianna. Gabi tells Arianna she needs to move on. "Hope destroyed my life and I don't know how to get it back," says Arianna.

Hope completely falls apart. Doug gets permission from Boris Badenov and runs around to the other side of the table and hugs her. He tells her he didn't see what she was going through.

"BBAAAWWWLLLL..."

Doug finally says what we're all thinking, "Put a cork in it. You are still my little girl and all of us will fight for you."

"Wah-wah blubber-blubber... I'm scared... Wah-blubber."

"I know," says Daddy Doug. Hugs and kisses.

My misery loves scotch, not company. -Brady Black

Sami finds Will working in the rumpus room. He quickly hides everything. Sami says she wants to talk and shuts the door, "It's private. Really... private. Will... I wanted to tell you myself... EJ asked me to marry him and I said yes."

Stefano and EJ talk on the phone. Stefano tells him Sami is back at the mansion. "I have something to tell you," says EJ. Rafe walks up behind him and listens as EJ continues to blab, "I asked Samantha to marry me. She said yes."

NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


17 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

Okay so there was some rewriting done where Sami and EJ are concerned. What I see is a lot more EJ bashing way more than normal. A lot more Sami defending him. How is this good when she finds out she was deceived? Don't get me wrong, I totally think she had it comin' and also believe that EJ and Sami can only be themselves with each other but I am confused.

Easily confused much like Bo on this show ergo I am CLUELESS!!!!! AHHH!!! It finally happened to me. And why would Stefano hire Will to work for him? I guess future henchmen don't need a brain?

Also per my first rant, why is Sami still drooling over Starfish Hernandez?? WHY????????????????????

4:55 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"I know you say you don't want me to push, but your smile says something different. It says, 'I just got a diamond the size of Mt. Kilimanjaro.'"

Even in Salem, diamonds are a girl’s best friend.

Arianna says she intends to find out if Hope was faking it. She sets out on that mission.

Just how does she plan to do that? I would have thought her brother, Mr. FBI, would have stepped to the plate for that one.

“I know you will forgive yourself because you are the strongest person I have ever known."

Strong women don’t constantly blubber, and Sami has the corner on the tissue market.

"Yes," she repeats, "I'll marry you."

Gabi asks Rafe if something is wrong. "Nothing," says Rafe. Translation: "Everything."

Holy juxtaposition! Was there a split screen?

"It will be better when you go to Wake Forest."

"There is just one teeny-tiny problem," says Chad.

You bet there is! Chad’s old enough to be a junior.

The clouds part. The sun shines. Munchkins dance. The Cubs win the World Series. And Sami accepts EJ's proposal.

The Cubs win the World Series?!!!!!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

"OMG," pants EJ, "Do those boobs come with the deal?"

"Only in exchange for those pecs," says Sami.

ROTFLMO!!!!!

Sami tells Rafe she saw Baker, "It's hard reliving all that crap."

Try watching it.

"Hope destroyed my life and I don't know how to get it back," says Arianna.

…so it’s time for Arianna to leave Salem and look for a job on another soap opera.

Jailbird junk and mushroom cloud hairdo – Prevuze you are tooooooo much and thank goodness for that!! It’s Monday so it’s a good day to dust off my Baltimore Catechism to check out Sami’s version of original sin.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

Okay so there was some rewriting done where Sami and EJ are concerned.

Rewriting of history? On DOOL? Only every day... except Saturday and Sunday and I'm not really sure about that.

"Yes," she repeats, "I'll marry you."

Gabi asks Rafe if something is wrong. "Nothing," says Rafe. Translation: "Everything."

Holy juxtaposition! Was there a split screen?


Might as well have been. I thought the same thing. Nothing subtle about these writers. I expected Rafe to get that wide-eyed Haley Joel Osment "Sixth Sense" stare and say, "I see engaged people."

Sami tells Rafe she saw Baker, "It's hard reliving all that crap."

Try watching it.


Oooooo! Harsh!

I'm sorry I didn't think of it myself.

It’s Monday so it’s a good day to dust off my Baltimore Catechism to check out Sami’s version of original sin.

I don't think you have to be the Pope to figure out the writers really got that one wrong.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

a pec-showing, boob-revealing extravaganza

Woo-eeeee. And here I was, thinking the heat wave was the result of a high-pressure area swirling up from the Gulf.

Huh?! moment: Sami has just accepted EJ’s proposal. He’s deliriously happy, but leaves her alone to sit (wander?) on the beach and run into Rafe?? Puh-leeze.

Arianna says she has been around the prison system's school of hard knocks and knows all the excuses, "And that's what you're using the pills for…I will not let you and your powerful last name just walk away……There isn't a pill that makes anyone that evil sick and venal. "

I’m not a big fan of Arianna, but YOU GO GIRL! Nice to hear some character on this show say the same thing most of the viewers are saying.

Today’s recap and comments have me ROFLMAO, even though it IS Monday. Loved:

Charles sits alone with Chad and tells him to use his head. So Chad slams the ketchup bottle against his temple to loosen the cap and open it.

And

I expected Rafe to get that wide-eyed Haley Joel Osment "Sixth Sense" stare and say, "I see engaged people."

I also enjoyed the shout-out to Rocky and Bullwinkle! Boris Badenov indeed. I do believe Prevuze made the subconscious connection with that great old cartoon because of Hopeless. Her mushroom cloud hairdo and black outfit make her a dead-ringer for Boris’s comrade-in-crime – Natasha!

I shall continue to reminisce about the adventures of mooooose und skverll as I trudge back to work. Thanks, Prevuze!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous bGirl said...

and Carly says - hey, Bo watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat

7:07 AM  
Blogger LeeLeigh said...

Prevuze, we have a problem here. I've been reading you on and off since I found you a few years ago. my reading time was limited due to the lack of a home computer. (i.e. having to sneak-read at work...) I entered the 21st century in February and got myself one of those darn things.... now that you're in my home every day I have become seriously addicted. Worse than Hope and her sleeping pills. Worse than Brady's addiction to Nicole. Worse than Stephanie's addiction to having a man. Worse than the addiction of the DOOL writing staff to re-write history and re-use bad SLs over and over. I can no longer watch the show without reading Prevuze take on it first. My Saturday isn't complete without watching my local news & weather and reading Prevuze in the morning. When you have satellite problems, I suffer terrible withdrawal pains. I've laughed so hard at times that the resulting chest pains caused me to think I was having a heart attack. In honor of you I am starting a 12-Step program for fellow Prevuze-ites on how to manage our addiction. Heaven knows that as long as we continue to watch DOOL, there will be no cure.

:)

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

Kate suggests praying all Madeline's secrets were buried with her. OK, then why are you goading Stefano for ignoring Chad and going yourself to give Chad some unasked for advice? How about dropping it??

Stefano needs a seventeen year-old with a C minus in math to do this. Was this an unitalicized Prevuism? Because if it wasn't I'd say DiMera Enterprises has some pretty low standards.

The SAFEs hurl. Exactly.

LOL over Doug finally says what we're all thinking, "Put a cork in it." Yay! I knew there was a reason I love Doug and wishes he were on it more. Maybe he could take the place of Victor when he's not on.

I also enjoyed the mushroom cloud hairdo and the Munchkins dance. (don't ask me why but I'm still chuckling over that.) Thanks for the Monday morning pick-me-up, Prevuze!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Kiren said...

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou, Definitely watching tonight, Guess I'll have to mute out the Rami scenes but that still poses a problem since the sight of Rafe makes me want to hurl.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes there is some rewriting :
Ej = even more evil interloper
Sami and Rafe = even more "mean to be" good rooting couple..aie aie aie..
Writers if you read this (hey why not ?! lol) : this writing is so cliche and boring (remember we already endured Ej/Sami/Lucas for at least two years, it is the exact same thing well ok some little differences : Lucas could be snarky/funny and he had some chemistry with Sami ah and he was not almighty with the FBI excuse)...moreover Rafe is a total mismatch for a character like Sami.. you really want us to stop watching your show ? It is the goal ?! If it is good work !!
By the way why Rafe is not concerned by Arianna's mess, he doesn't even try to bring "Hope" to justice, to punish her like he wants to do with the Dimeras.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok so Sami wants to marry Ej but she dreams about another guy..nice really..
Ok so Sami finally says yes to ej's proposal (despite the fact they don't date each others, sleep with each others..this marriage will be really really chaste and platonic) they should celebrate it with each others but No all the scenes are Sami with Rafe and amount and amount of so dramatic and "heart-rending" angst..really this soap..no wonder the bad ratings..

8:32 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

now that you're in my home every day I have become seriously addicted.

That's good, because I'm like that irritating in-law that just will not leave. In fact, I think I'll head to the fridge for one of your beers and go back to watching your big-screen HD right now.

Was this an unitalicized Prevuism? Because if it wasn't I'd say DiMera Enterprises has some pretty low standards.

The DiMeras aren't known for their high standards.

The SAFEs hurl. Exactly.

No graphic descriptions, please.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Jules said...

Sigh........EJ and Sami. Can't wait to watch!!! Waiting for this whole Sydnapping reveal to happen so we can move on with the story and some Ejami goodness!

And let me just say, that EJ should wear t-shirts and shorts more often!! (Thanks Prevuze II!!) I can't stop watching the first couple of minutes of today's clip.

LOL at Hope's mushroom cloud hair-do!

LeeLeigh - sign me up for your 12 step program!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Maggie Mae said...

I don't know what the writers are thinking with throwing Rafe in as the all know, not caring about anyone but EJ (he'd rather his sister rot in jail than have Ej get her out).

I'm about done with Sami. I don't really like her or find her entertaining anymore. She's lost her fire, her spark and her sparkle.

Still love me some EJ though!

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again prevuze for the Monday prevue. IMO Sami defending EJ is just to make the truth more hard on her. The old Sami came out a little around Dr. Baker. I loved it. I also loved when she put her arms around EJ and said lets go home. That was my ahh moment of the show. I keep hoping the big twist is that SAFE doesn't get back together and Sami knew all along EJ was behind the Sydnapping. I don't know if they will get married but Boy oh boy am I hoping they do. They have soo much potenial as a DiMera family. Heck EJ could leave the mansion and become a full time lawyer. He's got the gift.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again prevuze for the Monday prevue. IMO Sami defending EJ is just to make the truth more hard on her. The old Sami came out a little around Dr. Baker. I loved it. I also loved when she put her arms around EJ and said lets go home. That was my ahh moment of the show. I keep hoping the big twist is that SAFE doesn't get back together and Sami knew all along EJ was behind the Sydnapping. I don't know if they will get married but Boy oh boy am I hoping they do. They have soo much potenial as a DiMera family. Heck EJ could leave the mansion and become a full time lawyer. He's got the gift.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DOOL is starting to tick me off. Arianna is hell bent on Hope paying for framing her. Hope has to take her verbal abuse because of Nicole. NOT FAIR. I am glad Arianna is leaving. Hopefully the other two will follow. Mr (people love )Rafe (barf) is so busy trying to get EJ he couldn't help his own sister. EJ did. So much for brotherly love. Sorry SAFE fans rafe is a domineering person who is obessed with Sami's kids. How people can want SAFE with that obession is beyond me. It's creepy.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

"EJ asks...'What are you thinking about?'"...she's not trying to be insensitive about his feelings, but there's so much he doesn't know about her. Just like the last puzzle, Sami has another one she's been working on solving. It has to do with the reason she's had a hard time with the idea of marriage in general. In the past, just hearing the word would give her severe nausea. It stems from her childhood experiences. Her father, who worked for the US Embassy was also a spy for the Secret Police in the Eastern European country they lived in. He married her mother for political reasons, loved another woman all his life, and was never happy with the family he had. Sami could write the next script of a James Bond movie entirely based on her father's life! In the society she grew up in, couples lived separate lives, and women always turned to lovers to help with the emmotional loneliness of their absentee husbands. This version of marriage was entirely disturbing to Sami's more puritanical ideals of marriage. The life her parents led skewed her ideas of marital life for a long time...and adding Rafe to the equation...it's not a pretty picture. That's why Sami was more concerned about being happy than being married. She had seen first hand what it was like for her mother to love her own version of "Rafe". So, when the opportunity presented itself to walk out of getting married...that's what she did...

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs