Friday, March 17, 2006

That Man Could Hogtie A Spider

Mimi prepares for the wedding as she remembers Belle dreaming and saying she has to stop the ceremony. Bonnie arrives and asks if Mimi has talked to Belle. "No," says Belle, "What am I supposed to say to her – Belle, I heard you talking in your sleep last night. Please don't ruin my wedding. If she stands up during the ceremony and tells the congregation she is still in love with Shawn, it will ruin everything."

With the impeccable timing only a DOOL writer can dream up, Kate comes in and says, "That is not going to happen. We're going to find a way to neutralize Belle once and for all."

Meanwhile, Belle contemplates, "Sorry, Mimi. I still love Shawn and you can't have him."

Lucas does some contemplating himself. He remembers telling Carrie, "You are my destiny. I knew it when I was younger, but I gave up. Maybe now we're ready for each other."

Carrie moans, "Austin..."

"No," says Lucas, "You were hallucinating. Those are the meds talking. When you get better you will realize I am the man you want to be with." Well, somebody's hallucinating, anyway.

Austin comes up to the desk and asks if Carrie is allowed visitors. The nurse says Dr. Carver is in with her, but she will let him know when he can go in. Lucas walks up to him. Austin tells him he was with Sami but came to visit Carrie. Lucas asks, "Sami's jealous, right? She's not getting all the attention she wants? So you leave Carrie's side to be with Sami"

"OK, Lucas," says Austin, "We need to have a serious talk – about your non-future with Carrie."

Sami stalks and thinks, "OK, Lexie, don't put any more ideas into Carrie's head."

Lexie checks Carrie out. Carrie asks about the scar tissue. Lexie tells her she will have to check with her OB-Gyn when the time comes that she wants to conceive. The best way to handle it, though is to beat her biological clock. Carrie doesn't want to just pick any old man from the refuse pile that is the male world, though. But Lexie thinks Lucas and Austin are right at the top of that pile of rubble, "The sooner you make a decision, the easier it will be for you."

John paces and seethes over Alex' nefarious deeds. Abe tells him to play it cool. John says he isn't going to stand around and wait for North to make his move.

Marlena remembers the clock John gave her, "John," she mumbles, "I remember the clock. I remember us."

Lucas tells Austin if he really believed Carrie wanted to be with him he'd be in there with her instead of out in the hall arguing with him. He says Carrie wouldn't want that, though, and Austin knows it.

Sami listens as Carrie tells Lexie she just can't rush into things, "How do I know either of them is the man for me? After what happened with me and Austin the first time we were married... I don't want to put either of us through that again."

Lexie says, "It sounds like you are leaning toward Austin. I know whatever you decide, you will be happy."

John and Abe run into Belle. Abe leaves. "Come on [D]Izzy," says John, "I'll buy you a cup of coffee and you can tell me all about my beautiful grandchild."

Alex comes into Marlena's room. Marlena whispers, "John..."

"Marlena," says Alex, "It's me – Alex. I came to see how you are doing. How are you feeling?"

Marlena is zoned out, "I knew you would come."

Abe tells Tek he wishes he could do something to help John, then they spy Alex looking like he is up to something. Abe goes off to find out what he is up to.

Alex manages to lose Abe and thinks, "Damn, now she comes out of her amnesia. It must have been that explosion. I have come too far. There is no way I am going to lose her to John now. I will kill her before I let that happen." He uses the old credit card trick to get into Lexie's locked office.

Bonnie has an idea about how they could handle Belle, "I once had a fling with a hot rodeo cowboy. He used to chase me all over the place with his lariat."

"MOM," says Mimi, "TMI – cut it out. This is serious."

"Hey," says Bonnie, "We're all adults here. Well, Kate and me, anyway. I'm tellin' ya, that man could hogtie a spider. Now if we could just rustle up some rope..." Bonnie fanaticizes about hogtying Belle and whisking her off.

Mimi won't have it. "Actually," says Kate, "I think maybe your mother's on the right track."

Belle tells John she thought she would be the one marrying Shawn. John hates seeing her torn up like this.

Lexie leaves Carrie to think about things. Smoke rises, Sami stalks.

Marlena remembers the clock. She remembers making love with John. She remembers Baby Belle and Brady, a romantic bath with John, telling him, "I want to spend all the Days Of Our Lives together... I have never been more sure of anything." She remembers coming home after she died, more hot times with John. She remembers falling when she lost her memory. Lexie snaps her out of it. "Lexie," says Marlena, "I remember. I remember everything."

Alex takes a set of keys from Lexie's desk, "I'd better take these just in case. If Marlena's memory has returned, I have to make sure no one ever finds out."

Abe catches him as he leaves, "NORTH! What were you doing in Lexie's office?"

Kate tells Mimi to call Belle and get her back there. Mimi objects but Bonnie backs up Kate and tells her to do it. As Mimi makes the call Bonnie asks what Kate has in mind. Kate says, "We're going to appeal to my daughter-in-law's guilty conscience. We're going to rake her little heart over the coals."

John talks to Belle about reality. It's about like talking to your dog about quantum theory. Belle doesn't get it. "I'll tell you what to do," says John, "But I don't think you'll like what I have to say."

Abe wants to know what Alex is up to. He says he's looking for Lexie to talk to her about Marlena's condition.

Abe growls, "I'm keeping my eye on you, North."

"Don't you mean Zack's eye? " He goes off. Abe follows. Sami comes down the hall after they leave and sneaks into Lexie's office.

Lexie asks Marlena if she knows why she is in the hospital. Yep, she sure does. Holy cow. It looks like Marlena has had a miracle recovery. She's cured! Well, Lexie will have to do something about that, "I can't have patients getting well on me, so we'll have to pump you full of drugs." Marlena objects but Lexie gives her enough sedative to make an elephant forget. Marlena goes back to Never-Never Land as the Great Healer leaves. Sinister Alex comes up and stands over Marlena.

Lucas and Austin keep it up. "I'd never hurt her like you did," says Lucas, "How's she ever going to trust and respect you again?"

The nurse tells Carrie, "You have a couple of handsome gentlemen waiting out there to see you. Austin and Lucas are here, too." Carrie takes a couple of pictures out of her purse and looks at them. One of her and Austin and one of her and Lucas. Choices... choices...

Lexie bumps into Tek in the hall. With Tek, any place is as good as another. He goes after her like a hungry dog in the meat aisle. Sami sticks her head out of Lexie's office in time for the show. Lexie reminds Tek they're in a public place. Tek doesn't care much.

Tek leaves. Lexie starts into her office. She discovers the door is unlocked. "I know I locked this door," she says, "OMG... Abe." She goes inside and turns on the light.

Sami swivels her chair around. Lexie says, "Sami, what the hell do you think you're doing?"

Sami says, "It's about time we had a little chat, Lexie – about my sister Carrie."

John tells Belle she has to let Shawn go. Belle throws her Pablum across the room. She accuses John of being hypocritical (well, she doesn't use any big words like that, but we get the meaning ), since he is still chasing after Marlena. John tries to explain the difference, but it's beyond Belle's feeble mental grasp. The atomic particle which passes for her brain is in meltdown. John once again tells her to let Shawn go, then leaves.

Belle gets a call. Mimi. She needs Belle to help her get ready for the wedding. Mimi hangs up and tells Kate and Bonnie she feels guilty about doing this. Kate says, "You'll do this or you can kiss your future goodbye."

Sami tells Lexie she heard what she told Carrie. Lexie gets indignant because Sami was eavesdropping, "Get out of my office." Sami just wants to know who Carrie is going to choose. Lexie suggests she talk to Carrie herself.

"Carrie doesn't want to talk to me about stuff like that."

"I wonder why.," asks Lexie, " Sami tells her she needs her help. Lexie refuses and Sami tells her she will have to face the consequences. Lexie asks, "Are you threatening me?"

"No," says Sami, "I just want to know what my sister's plans are for making the men I love miserable."

"Oh," says Lexie, "The men you love?"

"Yes," says Sami, "It is possible to love two men at a time. And while we are at it please stop telling Carrie it's OK for her to trample all over my feelings."

Lexie says, "For once in your life, do the right thing and GET THE HELL OUT!"

Sami starts to leave and turns, "If you're so concerned about doing the right thing then I guess I should tell Uncle Abe about your affair with Tek." Lexie's jaw takes a sudden and uninterrupted trip to the floor.

Carrie comes out into the waiting Area. Austin wonders if she shouldn't still be in bed. Carrie says, "There is something I need to talk to both of you about."

Austin says, "Good, because Lucas and I need to talk to you, too."

John meets up with Abe and Tek. Abe tells him he just saw North coming out of Lexie's office. They all wonder what North was doing in there. Abe thinks North is up to no good. Now there's some crackerjack police work for you.

Alex watches. Marlena mumbles, "The penthouse... I fell down the stairs... Most of all, I remember John... I love John... He's the love of my life."

Belle arrives. Mimi asks for a few minutes with her. She gives her a gift – a photo album full of pictures of her, Claire and Phillip. There is one of Mimi and Shawn. "If you hadn't fallen in love with Phillip, it would never have been possible for me to live happily ever after with Shawn. I know it's been hard for you sometimes, but when you told me how happy you were for Shawn and me, I knew you really meant it. We all really did wind up with the right partner. And I know you didn't mean what you said when Rex decided to leave me, but I guess it's all worked out. My life couldn't be more perfect or complete and I have you to thank for that."

Kate and Bonnie listen and congratulate each other. "So far, so good," says Kate, "But I can't wait for that wedding to happen and for Shawn and Mimi to be husband and wife."

FF Bonnie.


Previews
========

Lexie says, "You're a monster. Do you know that?" Sami says, "I'm just the woman who would do whatever it takes to make sure Austin winds up with me."

Austin says, "So, you have made up your mind." Carrie says, "I have." Lucas asks, "Which one of us, Carrie?"

Bo tells Shawn, "You gotta find love and grab it and hold onto it, no matter what."

Hope tells Patrick, "Bo and Billie have pretty much inseparable since I left... How can Bo and I have a future?"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pre-Neanderthal unintelligent DOOL writer!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

"Don't you mean Zach's eye?" OMFG. That was too much!

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a long, LONG day. But Prevuze got me through it. All I had to do was think of the "Tek-nical" nature of the pictures, the quips mentioned above, and I was sane again for a moment.

LOL over all the pictures. In fact, a bit of milk dribbled down my blouse when I saw the glacier and "progress of man" pictures.

6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs