Monday, March 13, 2006

Lie To Him - It's Amazing What Love Can Do

Alex comes into Marlena's room. She asks about the bracelet he gave her. He remembers digging it out of the trash. She says it looks like something that should be engraved and wonders why he didn't do that. He says he wasn't sure if she would like it. Of course she likes it. He says in that case he will have it engraved. Marlena wonders what he will say on it. "Something simple," says Alex. He thinks, "Dear bracelet. I found you just in time. You saved me from the hangman's noose. I will love you always... Alex." He tells her he will keep the engraving simple, and then says Lexie is there to see her. He goes to get Lexie.

Alex says he will leave them alone but the wretched cur eavesdrops as Lexie tells Marlena she is there at John's request to warn Marlena about Alex. Alex busts into the room and tells Lexie Marlena is his and as soon as they renew their vows John will be out of their lives forever.

Ave vows to help John but doesn't want to put Lexie at risk. John reminds Abe that Lexie is the nut that brought Alex to town in the first place. Abe thinks John shouldn't have broken into Marlena's apartment last night. Tek wants to know what happened when John was in the penthouse. John says he thought Marlena got her memory back. She asked him to spend the night, "But then got disoriented, started calling me Alex and we went right back to square one again. So I asked Lexie to check her out. I think North is drugging her, and I think Lexie can prove it.

Shawn tells Father Jansen he will see him tomorrow for the wedding. "Oh," says Father Jansen, "Then I assume Mimi told you the truth."

"Huh," says Shawn, "Told me the truth about what?"

Mimi flashes back to the confessional. "Marriage is based on honesty and trust," says the good Father.

"Stop using words I don't understand," says Mimi.

"I can't marry you until you tell Shawn he is the father of Belle's baby," says Father Jansen.

Back to (ahem) reality, Father Jansen says to Shawn, "About Claire."

Austin comes to Lucas' door and asks if Carrie is there. Lucas says no. Austin announces that he is having dinner with her tonight. "Like hell you are," says Lucas.

Meanwhile, Carrie writhes in pain at the park bench.

Sami is conflicted. She remembers what Carrie said and thinks, "If she doesn't care about me, why should I care about her." That's it, Sami, let her die. No, let her suffer and die.

Alex tells Lexie, "I will not let you continue to be Marlena's doctor if you continue to undermine her confidence in me. I thought we had an understanding, Dr. Carver." Lexie backs off. She says she is just concerned about Marlena's health. He turns to Marlena and says, "If I seem overly concerned, please remember it was Dr. Carver who prematurely pronounced about a dozen people dead." Hey, Alex, you can't win 'em all.

Lexie wants to know if Alex has prescribed anything for Marlena to take. Marlena says yes. Lexie wants to see the bottle. Lexie looks at the medication and asks Alex to leave so she can examine Marlena. Alex refuses and gives her the bum's rush.

Abe asks, "How did you get out of Marlena's room, and are you sure North didn't know you were there?" John flashes back to last night, "I just hung out on the terrace until I made sure Marlena was safe and then I split."

"Dammit, John," says Abe, "You're an ISA agent. You're better than this. We know you are just trying to protect Marlena. You have to be careful. You're playing right into Alex' hand."

Shawn tells father Jansen, "Actually, Mimi and I just had a little talk about Claire." He remembers their conversation.

"Shawn and I talked about his responsibilities with Claire," says Mimi.

"And I am fully prepared to live up to them," says Shawn.

"Even though you'll be married to Mimi," asks Father Jansen, "I'm surprised."

"I'm confused," says Shawn.

"What's new," says Father Jansen, "I just didn't know if you would be happy without your own child in your life, not that Claire isn't a part of your life now."

"It took me a while to accept it," says Shawn, "But I love Mimi so much it doesn't matter if we can't have our own children."

"So you have discussed the situation. Then I'd be proud to marry you tomorrow," says Father Jansen. He leaves.

Out in the Hallway, God speaks to him, "How did you ever make it through divinity school?"

Shawn tells Mimi, "That was a little strange. I know it's the night before our wedding, but there is somewhere special I would like to take you. I can't tell you where. It's a surprise."

Austin tells Lucas he can see he has plans for a romantic dinner with Carrie, but it isn't going to happen. Lucas begs to differ. He thinks they should leave it up to Carrie to decide. Lucas thinks Austin is dreaming if he thinks Carrie would have anything to do with him. Austin thinks Lucas is dreaming if he thinks he has a future with Carrie.

Carrie writhes in pain. Sami thinks maybe she should help her. Carrie has a miracle recovery. Sami goes up to her and asks if she is OK. Carrie says she is now, "I just must have had this cramp or something."

"We have to get you to a doctor," says Sami, "We can't lose you now."

Carrie sniffles, "It means a lot that we are getting close again. And that's why I have to be completely honest with you – about Austin and me."

Shawn leads Mimi to the special place, "Here you are – dedicated to the one I love. I would do anything for you."

Alex thinks John is behaving irresponsibly. He wonders what would have happened if Alex had caught him last night. Lexie walks up and says, "That's exactly what I asked him."

John wants to know if Lexie got proof that Alex is drugging Marlena. Lexie says Alex wouldn't let her examine Marlena, but she didn't see any signs that Marlena was being drugged. She says the drug Marlena is taking is a mild, over-the-counter medication. John thinks Alex may have substituted something. Lexie says, "The simplest explanation is that Marlena took a sleeping pill, became groggy and confused and that's why she kissed you and called you 'Alex.'"

John can't believe it. Abe advises him to stay away from Marlena.

John asks, "Abraham, what would you do if some SOB was out to get Lexie? Would you just stay away from her while this SOB stole your woman." Tek plays innocent.

Marlena wonders if Alex wasn't just a little rude to Lexie. Alex doesn't think so, since she was there spying for John. He changes the subject and tells Marlena he has a surprise for her. After they renew their vows, he has found the perfect isolated hideaway for their honeymoon, "I have some very special plans for my bride-to-be and I don't want anyone or anything to interrupt us."

Shawn thanks Belle and Phillip for setting up the rehearsal dinner for him. He toasts Mimi, "I am so happy to be your lifelong partner. I promise to love you, honor you and keep you for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Glasses clink and Phillip wants some one-on-one time with Mimi. They go off to dance. Oh, goodie, this leaves Belle and Shawn together. I wonder what ever they will talk about. Belle and Shawn dance. Belle just wonders if Shawn might change his mind and cancel the wedding.

Lucas and Austin argue about Carrie. "You can't accept the fact that she doesn't love you and never will," says Austin.

Concerned Sami reminds Carrie what a cad Austin has been, taking her company and firing the employees. She encourages Carrie to move on with her life. Carrie wishes Sami and Lucas could get back together.

Sami says, "Lucas and I are finished." Translation... oh forget it, you know what it means. "Lucas and I had a conversation about you. He said he has really strong feelings for you. I am OK with that. I want you to be happy and I know you want me to be happy. And you said it was OK with you for me to have a future with Austin."

Carrie says, "I do want you to be happy, Sami, but I need to be completely honest with..."

Sami won't let her get a word in edgewise, "It's fine. I know you wouldn't do anything to come between Austin and me. You are a great big sister. I am so lucky to have you."

Marlena and Alex talk about the honeymoon. Marlena feels bad about what happened to Lois. "She'd still be with us if John hadn't given her that truth serum," says Alex."

"Speaking of Lois," says Alex, "Look at this. It's a certified letter naming me as the executor of Lois' estate. Of course I'm not going to do it." Marlena says he should. She feels so bad about her part in this.

Alex tells her she shouldn't blame herself at all. It was all John's doing, since he gave her the truth serum.

Marlena wonders what they are supposed to do with Lois' belongings. Alex remembers going to her cabin with Lois. He tells her he hopes she hasn't left any of their love letters lying around. Lois assures him she has all those things tucked away.

Suddenly, Alex remembers he has to go check something with the travel agent. He says he won't be gone long.

Abe says, "If someone was after Lexie, I wouldn't stop until I got that SOB out of her life."

"Then there's got to be a way to get to Alex North," says John.

"I don't see how," says Tek, "He's always one step ahead of you. Not only that, he makes you look like the bad guy. Look at what he did with Lois Banks."

John says, "You and I both know that truth serum did not cause Lois to commit suicide." Abe thinks North staged the whole thing, but they don't have any way to prove it.

"Until now," says John, "Abraham, why didn't I think of this before? I think there is a way for Lois Banks to tell us everything we need to know – from the grave. Come on. I'll need your help."

"If North is getting suspicious," says Abe, "I don't want to leave Lexie alone."

Tek steps right up to the plate, "Don't worry Abe, I'll take care of Lexie." Lexie chimes in. She doesn't mind at all. Abe can't thank Tek enough. Likewise, I'm sure.

They leave and Tek tells Lexie he had a great time with her in the park. Flashback.

Alex searches Lois' place for the letters and photos.

Belle asks where Mimi and Shawn are going on their honeymoon. Shawn says he doesn't know, "All we have to do is sit down with Kate and plan it." I hope they're going to do this really soon, what with the wedding coming up tomorrow.

Shawn cuts to the chase. He's marrying Mimi because he loves her, "And you and I are over, so would you stop pretending that we're not? If you're not going to be happy for the both of us, then I really don't want you there tomorrow at the wedding."

Bonnie tells Mimi, "Tomorrow all your dreams come true. When Shawn's trust fund kicks in..."

"Mom," says Mimi, "Father Jansen said he wouldn't marry us if I didn't tell Shawn the truth."

This time Bonnie's heart attack is nearly real, "You can't tell Shawn. OMG, you didn't tell him already, did you?"

"No," says Mimi, "I lied. And somehow, father Jansen thought I told him. So on top of everything else, I have now lied to a priest." STOP THE PRESSES. MIMI LIED.

"Well," says Bonnie, "It's about time you did the right thing."

More blather from Austin and Lucas. They figure when she gets there Carrie can decide. Right on cue, Carrie come in and asks, "Decide what?"

In turn, each chump asks Carrie to spend a special evening with him.

Sami says, "I think you are both putting Carrie in an uncomfortable position. What if Carrie doesn't want to have dinner with either one of you?"

"Uh," says Austin, "Did you happen to see Brokeback Mountain?"

Sami suggests the tiresome foursome eat together. Carrie hates being put on the spot. She agrees with Sami.

Mimi forgets who her mother is. She can't believe Bonnie thinks lying to Father Jansen is the right thing to do. Bonnie agrees. She says it's the smart thing to do, "All you have to do is look Shawn in the eyes and lie to him – it's amazing what love can do.

Phillip advises Shawn to just relax and enjoy the big day tomorrow. Shawn hopes he gets to enjoy his wedding day a little more than Phillip did. Phillip says, "Meems is the best and you are going to have with her exactly what I have with Belle – a blonde basket case."

Belle thinks, "I can't give up on Shawn. We belong together. I have to find a way to stop this wedding."

Lexie insists she has to leave. Tek knows she doesn't want to. He knows a place they can go where no one will see them. The woman of steel says she just can't do it as she heads for Tek's car.

Marlena wonders, "I'm married to Alex. And we are about to renew our wedding vows, so why can't I stop thinking about John?"

Alex rigs Lois' cabin to burn. He leaves. Who should he happen to run into but ISA super-spy John black himself, accompanied by Abe. John growls, "What the hell are you doing here, North."


Previews
========

Marlena turns and sees an explosion.

Hope and Patrick sit in a hot tub or pool of some sort. Hope says, OMG, what's happening?"

Billie says, "OMG, Bo, she's gone."

Austin says to Carrie, "I need you in my life. I lost you once and I'm not gonna let it happen again."

Belle looks drugged. She vows, "Shawn, I have to stop the wedding." Flash to demon Mimi.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So John hung out on the terrace and then split once he was sure Marlena was OK. How did he do that? Fly?

Only on DAZE could you have the conversation Father Jansen had with Shawn. I'd wondered how they were going to get to the wedding if Meems hadn't told Shawn.

I'm betting that Belle will piece together Mimi's letter and rush to Shawn with it, just in time to stop the wedding.

GOt a laugh out of Alex finally pointing out the reason people should be concerned about Lexi treating them. HAHAHA

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs