Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Truth Is Lost In The Mist Of Time

Hope watches Patrick chop wood. She's sorry about the arrangement. He thinks it's nice to have company, "You've been through a hard time. This place will be good for you. You can stay as long as you like."

"This place feels magical," says Hope.

"Yeah," says Patrick, "Whatever is bothering me isn't as bad when I am here."

"It is for me," she says, "My life is a mess. At some point I will have to talk to Bo."

Bo. Billie. Sleeping bag. Billie is freezing. The fire has gone out. Bo bundles her up and puts on another jacket himself. Billie is worried about the brat.

The very same brat sits at the bar in Craze. She is wearing a wristband, designating her as being underage, "These wristbands are lame. There has to be some way I can score one last beer."

Mr. Sleaze walks up behind her and says, "I'll buy you one depending on what is in it for me."

"How about this," she says. She stands up and gives him a tonsillectomy with her tongue. Max watches.

Lucas comforts Sami. Will is fine. Sami can't help thinking about what happened to Zack. She doesn't see how Hope and Bo can survive.

"They will always be a family," says Lucas, "Just like us."

Sami asks, "What are you saying Lucas? You think we're still a family? You think we can get back together?" Lucas stares.

Carrie snivels on the elevator. Another big crash takes her hysteria to new levels.

Patrick tells Hope just to enjoy her stay. She can talk to Bo when she gets back to the real world. She insists on helping chop wood. She picks up the axe and swings like a rusty gate. She misses. Patrick steps in for a lesson. Bull's-eye. Hope does one solo, and then decides it's time for a break. Patrick offers her the bed tonight. She protests, but winds up with the bed. She thanks him for everything. She goes into the bedroom and contemplates the teddy bear sitting there. Patrick watches and wonders, "What's wrong with you, Bo Brady? How could you let this woman go?"

Bo is worried about Chelsea, too. Billie tells him she and the brat had a conversation – Chelsea feels alone. She's afraid Bo won't be on her side. Bo says, "There is no excusing what she did. I am not choosing sides. She killed my son. She's reckless. What about her other accidents?"

"She's not perfect, Bo."

"She's far from perfect," says Bo, "I love her, but I am disappointed in the choices she has made. I will support her. Hope will never forgive her. If she weren't my daughter, I'm not sure I would either."

Max drags the little snot across the room. He lectures her for kissing some jerk she doesn't know. She tells him she won't stop living her life. He wants to take her home. She goes beck to dance with her 'new friend.'

Carrie screams as the elevator falls. It stops falling, but Carrie doesn't stop screaming. Austin turns on the alarm. Carrie screams like a little girl. Sorry for the redundancy. Austin helps by suggesting they may be stuck all night. Carrie turns into a basket case. She had a bad experience in Israel. There was a bomb in a building and it collapsed on them. It took hours to rescue them. Austin promises they will get out. He will climb out the escape hatch and go get help. Can't climb with a shirt though.

She begs him not to leave her alone. Especially since he took his shirt off.

Lucas doesn't think it's a good idea they get back together.

Sami says, "That's what a family is Lucas, being together."

"We will be the most important people in Will's life for all the Days Of Our Lives," says Lucas.

Will calls for the hot chocolate. Sami starts to go.

"Wait," says Lucas, "I just thought you would be disappointed. When I look at you now I see..."

"A fool," asks Sami, "I wanted more than anything to be the wife you deserve, the mother Will deserves. Do you ever think of what would have happened if we got married? We could have been happy, don't you think? We really could have made our dreams come true."

Hope sleeps by the magical flower. She tosses and turns and asks Patrick in the hammock just outside her open door if she is keeping him up. She tells him she can't sleep.

"Is there anything I can do," says Patrick.

"You could turn on that soap opera, Days of Our Lives... that always puts me to sleep," says Hope. Unfortunately, Patrick doesn't have a TV, so Hope decides he could talk to her.

"About what," asks Patrick.

"I dunno," says Hope, "Anything. How about the man who brought me here?"

"You know about the legend," he asks.

"Where does it come from," asks Hope.

"A long time ago a fleet of Spanish ships searching for gold shipwrecked here. There was a lone survivor, a woman wearing black. The husband and crew were lost. A single white flower was found next to her. It was from a mysterious stranger. He had been in love with her, many years before."

Billie can't believe Bo is saying this. Bo rants about Chelsea, "She thinks this will all blow over. She will go to trial. She may do time."

"No," insists Billie, "She will not go to prison."

Max comes up to the brat and says she should go.

"What're you my conscience," she asks, "Before I came here I was playing gin and drinking hot chocolate. I feel like I'm 90 years old."

Max asks, "How do you think this will play with a judge and jury?"

Mr. Sleaze pulls out his trusty camera and takes a picture of her, "The teen killer will be on the cover of tomorrow's Intruder."

Lucas says, "How can I answer that? I don't know. We'll never know now."

"You're right," says Sami, "We'll never know." She goes to warm the hot chocolate. She offers to make some for Lucas. He would love some.

Sami cries as she makes the hot chocolate. She finds a 'Dear Sami' letter Lucas has just happened to leave lying around, "This is the beginning of our life together. Nothing could make me happier..."

Will asks what's with Lucas and his mom. Lucas says Sami got a little sidetracked.

"What's new," he cracks.

"Don't talk like that," says Lucas, "You're the most important person in her life."

"Did you and aunt Carrie go out on a date?"

"Yeah, we did," says Lucas, "We had a good time."

Will asks "Does that mean there is no chance for you and Mom to get back together?"

Carrie freaks on the elevator. Austin sits her on the floor. She asks him to hold her again. They decide to have a conversation. She wants to hear about New York. He talks about his work there, but she stops him cold. She doesn't want to hear anything about work. She wants to know what he did outside of work. He says he went to plays, museums and things like that.

She asks about his pendant. It's from Big Brothers of New York. He worked with kids there, helping with their homework, playing catch, teaching them how to deal with sniveling women.

She remembers how much he wanted a son. "I still do," says Austin. Carrie says she is better. He asks, "Anything else you want to know?"

"What about women," she asks.

"Yeah," says Austin, "NY has a lot of women... Oh, you mean women I dated. I never got serious with them."

"How come."

"I kept stealing their companies," says Austin, "Besides, they weren't you. They could get on an elevator without acting like a blithering idiot.

Hope asks how that is possible. Patrick says the natives believe when he found her she was barely alive. She looked like his deceased wife. He had been in a shipwreck himself and the situation was reversed – his wife was killed. Even though her body was never found her belongings were washed up. There was a package of seeds. She had cultivated the flower. After he found the seeds he grew a vine. There were no buds. Then the vine bloomed. He prayed to the vine for her to come back to him. The woman in black was washed up at the same place.

Hope asks, "He fanaticized it was her?"

Patrick says, "The legend says it was her."

Billie won't let Chelsea go to prison. Bo hopes she gets off with a light sentence. But they can't count on it. Bo says, "It's about time she learns her actions have consequences."

Billie says, "No, Chelsea will not go to prison."

"Maybe doing time would do her good," says Bo.

"What?!"

"I think that's the only way she will learn," he says.

Billie snorts, "You can't be serious!"

Max demands the film. Mr. Sleaze says, "See you on page one." He leaves. Max chases. The brat runs after both of them.

Austin says, "I am not playing games with you. You are the only woman I want. Especially today. Happy birthday. You thought I forgot. I know you are angry with me. If I could, I would go back. I wish you could separate your anger over the business from me personally. I would give anything if you would give me another chance."

Sami reads, "Did you ever think we would get to this day? I have always loved you, but I haven't always been proud of you, or myself. I didn't think we could get over how much we hurt each other. You were my first best friend. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for marrying me. Your husband, Lucas."

Lucas tells Will he loves his mother but they will never get back together.

"But you were so happy, Dad."

"Yeah," says Lucas, "But we hurt each other a lot. Marriages can be difficult."

Will asks, "Why can't you work things out?" Sami listens.

"Honesty and trust are important too," says Lucas, "Right now we don't have that."

Sami comes in. She hands them the cups and says she says she forgot something.

Out in the hall she lectures herself, "Damn it! Why am I letting this upset me?" She stops and listens... She hears the elevator alarm.

Carrie says, "Highstyle wasn't just a business, Austin. Because of you good people all lost their jobs. I know some other raider would have come along, but it was you. I don't feel like you're the same person I married."

"I'm not," says Austin, "But neither are you. Maybe there is some reason we weren't together. Other than those pesky little marriage vows of yours. But this isn't a good reason for us to be apart. I just hope you can forgive me and fit me in your life."

Sami yells through the door. Austin tells her they are stuck. Carrie freaks again and yells for Sami to help.

"Mom looked upset," says Will, "I think she heard what you said."

Sami tells Carrie she will help.

"I'm going out of my mind," sobs Carrie.

"That's OK," says Sami, "No one will be able to tell the difference." Sami goes through the instructions to reset the system. Austin resets and they come back up. The door opens.

Lucas comes out into the hall.

Carrie the heroine announces, "We were stuck."

Lucas asks, "You and Austin?"

Austin leaves for the store. He takes the elevator. Carrie wonders if that is the safe thing to do. "At least if it gets stuck," says Austin, "I won't be trapped in there with some nut case."

Lucas asks Sami, "About earlier, will you be OK?"

"Yeah," she lies, "I will be fine."

Lucas and Carrie go inside his apartment.

Sami says to herself, "Lucas wants Carrie and Austin has feelings for her. Austin, I'm going to make you forget all about Carrie."

Hope thinks the woman never died, "She considered herself a widow. That's why she wore black."

Patrick continues, "The natives say truth is lost in the mist of time and sanity is lost in the drivel of DOOL. Only the legend survived. The island elders believe the seeds represented his dead wife's soul. They reached into the sky until the woman and her soul were reunited in heaven. God was so moved he allowed her to come back to earth."

Did they live happily ever after," asks Hope.

Patrick imagines himself and Hope kissing, "I'd like to believe that..." Silence. "Hope?"

Hope sleeps. Patrick says, "Sweet dreams, Hope."

Max chases the reporter. He grabs the camera and gives it to the brat. She pulls the film out. Max plays tough guy, "Get out. Stay the hell out of here."

Mr. Sleaze leaves. Max turns to the little snot, "Now do you see why you shouldn't be here?"

The little twerp melts in his arms, "Max, what would I have done without you?"

Mr. Sleaze looks at his camera, "Lucky for me I have the film backed up on this memory stick, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! "

Billie can't believe Bo would let the Zackwhacker do time. Bo thinks they may not have a choice.

"Hope is out for blood," says Billie.

"Hope wants closure," says Bo, "She wants to make sure her son's killer won't go unpunished. Let's talk about this tomorrow. They turn in.

Billie lies there and thinks, "Maybe Chelsea and my mother were right. In order to get you on my side, I have to change you heart. If that's what I have to do I will. There is no way in hell I will let Chelsea go to prison."


Previews
========

Carrie says, "Whatever decision I make, there is one person who will not be happy for me – Sami." Pan in on Sami.

Lucas tells Phillip, "Biological clock's ticking. So I might be the right man at the right time."

Bo says, "I'm not going back to Salem." Billie asks, "What?" Bo says, "You're going alone."

Hope says, "I should go." Patrick says, "I don't want you to go, Hope."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That flower must be magical (or fake) if it hasn't wilted or turned brown yet. The "legend of the flower" sounds like it was written by some lame DOOL writer. Oh wait. It was! HA

Kiriack the Magnificent in both its picture incarnations was great.
And my latte got snorted a little at the first couple of pictures. Great Prevuze this morning!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo, I've made the big time! I do have to say though that my version of "The Great Kirinac" was the product of KStaff (NBC Boards) and I!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sami goes through the instructions to reset the system."

Sami has the Salem brain!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs