Friday, March 03, 2006

Birthday Blues

Sami and Austin get back to her apartment. She suggests watching a movie but a chime goes off. Sami asks, "What's that?"

Austin says, "My calendar reminding me of something." He walks over and looks, "Carrie, I totally forgot."

Carrie and Lucas come to his apartment door. He opens it and says, "I know that wasn't easy for you but I got just the thing to cheer you up."

Carrie walks inside and gasps, "Lucas, I can't believe it."

Alex computes. Alex sips his brandy. He is on a website announcing he and Marlena are renewing their vows. Alex says, "My plan is working better than I thought. Marlena is mine. MWAHAHAHAHAHA! John black will never get near her again."

Marlena contemplates the picture. John spies. She puts it aside and turns out the light. John comes out of hiding and starts to leave the room. Marlena stops him, "I don't want you to go. I'm still in love with you. I want you to stay with me tonight."

Belle paces on the roof. Someone puts his arm around her from behind. She says, "I knew you would come. We have to be honest about how we feel even if others get hurt."

Phillip says, "What are you talking about?"

Shawn picks up the letter. He opens it as Mimi watches, "It's all there Shawn. Once you finish reading it, it will be all over for us."

Shawn sees her, "Mimi, what's going on?" Mimi bawls.

Belle backpedals, "I just meant we don't want to hurt anyone else. What I am trying to say is I love you..."

Phillip the dolt interrupts and doesn't let her finish. He understands. He knows it is hard for her to see Shawn marry her best friend. Mimi and Shawn have found the same love they have. He asked the sitter to stay a bit longer so they could have some time together. They need to set time aside for themselves. They can't let Claire completely change their lives. He thinks she is distant and asks what is going on.

Shawn asks why Mimi is crying. He holds up the letter, "Is it about this?"

"I love you so much," bawls Mimi.

"I love you too."

"You have to know how much I want to be with you... how much I want us to spend all the Days Of Our Lives together," says Mimi.

"What are you trying to say," asks Shawn, "We can work through it."

"If I tell you," says Mimi, "you won't want to marry me. You won't want anything to do with me ever again." Shawn stares.

Alex types, "Perfect. It will be just like old times. Only better. Or, should I say, worse for you, Marlena. He remembers their honeymoon. The happy couple lies in bed while Alex reads. He is trying to work. She interrupts. She playfully scoots the papers aside. They fall and Alex goes nuts. He makes her clean up the mess and slaps her around.

Back to reality, he smirks and drinks his brandy.

Marlena walks toward John. He asks if she has changed her mind about Alex. She doesn't want to talk about Alex. She just wants to be with him, "I've missed you so much."

"Me too," says John, "Is it happening. Are you getting your memory back?"

Balloons everywhere. A sign reads, "Happy Birthday Carrie." She is thrilled. She asks if will had anything to do with this and runs to thank him. Lucas says Will is conveniently on a camping trip, "We have the whole place to ourselves."

Sami comes out as Austin smacks his printer. It isn't working and he's trying to print a birthday card for Carrie. Sami says they can get her a belated card tomorrow. And a new printer.

Lucas pours champagne and sparkling cider. He has cake and ice cream waiting. Carrie doesn't know what to say. He says he has never forgotten her birthday even when she was with Mike.

Austin can't believe he forgot. Sami says women don't like to be reminded of getting older, anyway. She suggests he relax and goes for a couple of beers.

Lucas toasts the birthday girl, "To you and mew beginnings."

Sami toasts the future. Austin is distant. He hates all the tension between him and Carrie. "What can I do to make you feel better," she asks.

Lucas is glad Carrie is back and they are working together, "You turned my life around. I want to give you a birthday you will never forget." He gives her a present. She opens it, "GASP!" A diamond pendant the size of the Rock of Gibraltar. "Lucas," she says, "This is too much."

"Its not just a birthday present," says Mr. Smoothie, "It's to commemorate our first date."

"Wow," says Carrie, "At this rate, a couple more dates and I'll get that Mercedes I always wanted."

Sami turns on some music... Josh Kelly sings Home To Me. ♫

Lucas turns on the same thing and suggests they dance.

Now it's Sami's turn to be distant. Austin asks if she is OK.

We go to a split shot of Sami and Lucas. Oh, the metaphor!

Sami turns off the music.

Austin asks, "Did that song remind you of Lucas?"

"Lucas and I are finished," she says.

"He still has feelings for you," says Austin.

"He hates me."

"I don't' think so," he says, "Maybe you can get back together."

"Sometimes you have to let go of your dreams," says Sami.

Lucas tells Carrie they shouldn't be talking about Sami right now.

Sami says she can't go back and fix things. She has to move on. Austin says she doesn’t have to do it alone. All together now, "I will be there for you."

Sami has the perfect comeback to that, "Do you want another beer?"

"No," says Austin, "I should go to bed."

"I'm gonna stay up awhile," says Sami.

He gives her a little peck. An Austin Peck. I just couldn't resist.

Carrie blows out the candles. She says she is tired and needs to go to bed. She rushes off. Things aren't going as planned for Lucas.

Phillip, the world's worst mind reader, tells Belle he knows she is feeling guilty for leaving Claire alone so much tonight.

"I don't know how to explain," says Belle.

"Let me guess," says the clueless wonder, "You are afraid we're tuning into a boring married couple. Did you hear what I said at the party? You are the perfect wife. I want to know what you need in your life to make you as happy as I am. I'm serious. There is something missing from your life. What is it?" Intelligence.

Belle stares down at the "S&B" carving on the door.

"You won't tell me," says blockhead, "That's OK. I know exactly what you are thinking."

Mimi says, "You obviously didn't read the letter."

"No," says Shawn, "Do you want me to?"

"No," says Mimi, "That would be too easy. If you don't read it we can just torture everyone with our endless blather. I was a coward with Rex and I am being a coward again."

"No," says Shawn, "You are a strong and wonderful person."

"I think I've just been spending my life in fantasy land," says Mimi, "loving you and dreaming about marrying you and keeping the truth from you."

"Tell me and we will deal with it together," says Shawn.

Marlena tells John she loves him and needs him. Likewise, I'm sure. He knew she'd come back to him. Marlena whispers, "I want us to make love."

It's the middle of the night in Lucas' apartment. He asks why Carrie is up. She couldn't sleep. He goes to make warm milk. He thinks she has the birthday blues. Her life didn't turn out like she expected. Neither did his. "But there is still time," says Lucas.

"It's different for women," says Carrie, "I want a baby so badly. Even if I found the man of my dreams tomorrow my biological clock is ticking loudly."

"That's to make up for the fact your mental clock is running so slowly." He hands her the milk, "It's like I said before, I would love to have another child, but only if I found the perfect mother."

Belle asks why Phillip thinks something is missing from her life.

"I know this marriage isn't what you expected," says Phillip, "You said 'I do' to a man with both his legs."

"You are the same man you were when I married you," insists Belle, "What else matters?"

"Nothing should," says Phillip, "But when we go to bed you can see it and feel it. We switched sides of the bed so you don't have to lie next to my missing leg."

"How shallow do you think I am," she yells.

Phillip thinks for a minute, "About like a mud puddle on a hot dessert day."

"I watched you go through therapy," she says, "I am so lucky to have you. I love you. I will always love you."

"I love you so much," says Phillip, "Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I have demons inside my head saying you will get tired of all this and leave me. I want Claire's life to be easier than mine was. I want it to be sane."

"You're right then," says Belle, "If it's sanity you want, you're married to the wrong girl"

Phillip says she has been the best mom in the world. He hugs her, "You're freezing. I was hoping we could look at the stars up here and steal some kisses. We've needed to talk about this for so long. I love you."

"I love you, too."

Mimi insists things aren't OK. She says she's just like her mother, a liar and a scam artist. She doesn't deserve him. He isn't going to let her tear herself apart. All that's important is he wants to marry her and love her.

"You won't want that when you read that letter," she wails.

"I've waited a long time, Marlena," says Alex, He remembers Marlena sobbing as he says, "If you ever do anything to displease me again, I will see that your life becomes worse than you could ever imagine."

"I do pride myself on being a man of my word," says Alex.

John caresses Marlena, "Are you sure this is what you want?"

"Why wouldn't I want to make love to my husband?"

"Your husband," says John, "You actually said it. I have prayed for this. I still want you Marlena."

"I want you too," she says. Kiss.

Sami cries. Austin comforts her. She thinks she is a horrible person. Lucas and Will hate her. Austin should too.

"Why do you think I put up with you," asks Austin, "I have watched you grow up and struggle to make the right decisions. Sometimes you just need a little help. I believe in you."

Lucas says, "If things had played out differently, we might have dated, fallen in love, gotten married and had a child. I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say this. I couldn't imagine a more perfect woman to have a child with than you. I know I shouldn't have blurted that out. Everyone says you can't talk like this on a first date. The hell with being cautious. I love you Carrie Brady."

Carrie looks like a truck has just hit her.

Sami asks why Austin believes in her.

"Maybe I see things in you no one else does," he says.

"Or you are just delusional," says Sami, "I am not worth saving. Ask your mother."

"It's not true," says Austin, "You can be misguided at times. You are a terrific person. You're definitely worthy of being loved." Kiss. Down onto the couch. Fade to the fire.

"Maybe I shouldn't have said anything," says Lucas, "but that's how I feel. I love you."

Carrie goes out on a limb, "I like you."

"But you don't love me," says Lucas.

"For now," she says.

"That's fine," says the chump, "This was our first real date."

"I need to take things slow," says Carrie.

"That's OK," says Lucas, "We'll go as slow as you want to go. But I would never hurt you. I love you and always will." Kiss. Couch.

John stops Marlena, "What about Alex?"

Alex walks by and hears something.

John tells Marlena she is still in danger.

"All I want to do is be with you," says Marlena, "They fall on the bed.

Belle and Phillip come to Shawn and Mimi's apartment. Shawn wants them to leave. Mimi stops them from going, "You guys deserve to know what is going on. I wrote Shawn a letter and what I'm trying to tell him affects all of us. Everything is going to change."

FF on the letter of doom.


Previews
========

Marlena says, "Alex, there is something you should know. It's about John." John grits his teeth.

Sami says, "I lost Austin, I lost you, and I am sick and tired of losing everyone that I love." Lucas holds her.

Carrie asks Austin, "Would you hold me?" As he holds her she says, "Just don't let me go." He says, "I don't ever want to let you go."

Mimi asks, "You know what's in the letter?" Phillip says, "Yeah, and I think it's definitely something Shawn needs to hear."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lots of groaners, "Austin Peck" and lots of LOL - Endless blather, clueless John and Phil and you name it!!!

Speaking of "slowly running mental clocks", I do believe that the hourglass at the beginning of DAYS is the perfect metaphor for what these character's brains are stuffed with...slowly sifting sand.

Great pictures today too. The only thing bad about weekends is....no Prevuze!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs