Friday, March 10, 2006

Cliffhanger

Tek attacks Lexie as she comes out of a building. Anger. She recognizes him. Kisses. Lexie can't do this. She's worried someone will see them. She says she can't be with him like this any more and runs off. Tek chases.

Sami comes into Lucas' apartment to check on Will. Lucas says Will is going to spend the night with Caroline and OMB because he has a hot date. The apartment is all set up for a romantic dinner. Sami asks who it is.

"I think you know," says Lucas.

Sami walks around the couch, "Lucas... OMG. Hydrangea and orchids. Those are my favorite flowers. Is this dinner for..."

"It's not for you," says Lucas, "It's for Carrie."

Carrie bumps into Austin as she is getting on the elevator. He's glad he ran into her. He wants to talk. She can't, "I have thinking to do, and that takes everything I've got"

"Thinking," says Austin, "About you and me?"

Father Jansen says marriage is based on honesty and trust, so Mimi has to tell Shawn the truth.

Shawn says to Bo, "Your daughter kills my brother and is out clubbing. I wouldn't blame Mom if she never spoke to you again."

Hope reaches down to save James and falls off the cliff. Patrick rushes toward her.

Hope lies on the ledge. James calls for help. He morphs into Zack, "Mommy, help me!"

"Hang on baby," says Hope, "Mommy's here." She pulls him up, "It's OK. Mommy's got you." Patrick yells down that he is going to find some rope. Part of the ledge collapses. Hope and James cower.

Bo says, "Whatever happened between us, she should be here for the wedding."

Shawn says, "She doesn't need to be in the same church where she just buried Zack."

Father Jansen tells Mimi there is no other way. Mimi knows that, "But what if he decides he wants to go back to Belle? He has traditional ideas. He believes a child should be raised by its parents. Then Belle would divorce Phillip and I would be left alone."

"You don't know that will happen," says Father Jansen, "Shawn loves you."

"I know," says Mimi, "But I think if he knew the truth it would change everything."

"You have to take that chance," says Father Jansen, "Remember what we discussed."

"I remember," says Mimi, "You said lies and deception have no place in a marriage. So I guess that means I will wind up an old maid."

"You have to tell him," he says, "The sooner the better."

Shawn tells Bo he can't be at the wedding. Shawn wants to focus on Mimi and heaven knows Shawn can only focus on one thing at a time. Mimi comes out and tells them to stop fighting, "I have something important to tell you Shawn."

Carrie has a lot she wants to think about. Austin says, ""I've been thinking about us spending all the Days Of Our Lives together." Flashback – Austin and Carrie making out. Carrie says she has to go. He tells her he stopped by to see if she could go talk. She'll let him know. She gets on the elevator and makes a face as the monster closes its doors.

"That seemed like a yes," says Austin.

Lucas forgot these were Sami's favorite flowers. Sami says she isn't jealous, "You're pulling out every stop to get Carrie in the sack. Who thought it would be so tough for you?" The referee pulls them apart and deducts two points from Sami's score for hitting below the belt.

"It has nothing to do with tricks," says Lucas, "And I don't want to just get her in the sack, although that's pretty high on my to-do list. I have feelings for her. Sorry if that makes you jealous."

"I'm not jealous," says Sami, "You and Carrie deserve each other. Since I will be with Austin everyone will be happy."

"He'd have to be as crazy as I would to be involved with you again," says Lucas.

Sami says, "We'll see about that, Lucas. I am gonna be with Austin. Just you wait and see." She storms out.

Shawn asks what Mimi has to tell him.

"I have to ask you for something," says Mimi, "You can consider it your wedding gift to me. I want your forgiveness. This should be about bringing families together. Can you find it in your heart to forgive your Dad?"

Hope screams as more of the ledge falls. Patrick throws the rope down. Hope secures it and tells James to be a brave boy. Patrick pulls him up. A Sister runs up and tells James she's glad he's all right. The rest of the ledge falls. Hope grabs a branch and hangs on for dear life. She can't reach the rope when Patrick drops it down to her.

Lexie runs. She hides behind a shrub. Tek calls for her and goes in the other direction. Carrie sees her hiding and startles her. Lexie says Carrie seems upset. Carrie says, "I'm confused right now. I'm a mess. I would love someone to talk to." They go sit on a bench. Carrie says she's caught between two men and doesn't know what to do. She thought she was over Austin when he raided her company. The other guy is Lucas. "Austin is the love of my life but Lucas has been good to me. I don't know if I could trust Austin again. I don't know what to do." Leave town and think it over for a few years?

Sami comes up, sees Carrie and Lexie and spies.

"To make it much worse," says Carrie, "They are the same two men Sami wants. She swears she is done with Lucas. So we talked, and I told her to go ahead with Austin. It complicates everything."

"I wouldn't worry about Sami," says Lexie, "Austin and Lucas would be out of their minds to fall for her again."

Austin orders takeout at the pub. He wants Carrie's favorites. Caroline knows just what to fix. Austin has coffee while he waits.

Lucas comes out and thanks Caroline for watching Will. He tells Caroline he is making a special dinner for Carrie and needs her favorite dessert. Caroline turns aside, "Oh boy..."

Mimi begs Shawn to forgive Bo, "We all make mistakes but sometimes it's because we are afraid of losing the people we love. If you shut them out of your life, everyone loses."

Shawn asks, "This is really important to you?"

"Yes it is," she says.

"All right," says Shawn, "My dad can come to the wedding."

"But do you forgive him," she asks.

Shawn looks at Bo, "Yes, I forgive you. Because that is what Zack would want. He wouldn't want us fighting."

"No he wouldn't," says Bo.

Shawn asks, "So you will be there?"

"Nothing could keep me away. Thanks Mimi."

Mimi says, "I just think forgiveness is really important. Truth – now that's another issue."

Bo says, "I just hope someday Shawn's mom forgives me."

Meanwhile, back at the island we have a classic cliffhanger. Hope can't reach the rope thrown by the dope. She prays to the Pope but the rope remains out of her scope. Hope just can't cope and continues to grope.. Finally she reaches it. Patrick pulls her up. He carries her away from the cliff and lays her on the ground. She says she can't move her legs.

Patrick whips out his trusty cell phone and says he is going to call Bo.

Bo gets a feeling something is wrong. His phone rings, "Hope? Are you there? Fancy Face? Are you there? Answer me."

Patrick hands the phone to Hope. She listens to Bo's voice and hangs up. Bo tells Mimi and Shawn it's probably nothing. He goes to light a candle for Zack.

"I always thought my parents would be together forever," says Shawn, "It makes me appreciate what we have. Trust means everything to me." Mimi stares.

Back on the island, a doctor just happens to stroll by. He checks on Hope.

Lucas says he values Caroline's opinion. "Do I have any chance with Carrie?"

"Of course," says Caroline, "Can you say 'snowball in hell?' If you get together with her I would like that. Of course, I also like you with my other granddaughter."

Lucas stops her cold, "Don't start. It's not gonna work out with me and Sami."

"Never say never," says Caroline.

Caroline goes over to Austin and tells him his order is almost up. She asks how it is going with Sami. Austin says they are good fiends.

"Is that all," she asks.

Austin says, "Has Sami said anything?"

"No."

"I just don't want her to get hurt," he says, "I love Carrie. I'm not going to let anyone stand in the way."

Caroline walks off, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy..."

Carrie tells Lexie the clock is ticking. Lexie reminds her she didn't get pregnant for years but finally had Theo. That's exactly what Carrie wants. A beautiful family.

"You have to find that person and commit to that person," says Lexie.

"Marriage is forever," says Carrie, "Especially when a child is involved. Sami had her chance with both men."

Sami seethes, "So did you. Why don't you just go back to Mike?"

"The important thing is to be with the one you love most," says Lexie. She stands her up and says, "Turn around and close your eyes. Think about who you love most. Which man do you want most?"

Carrie says, "Austin!"

Sami shakes her head.

Mimi kneels and prays, "Please, God, give me the strength to tell Shawn the truth and let him forgive me."

God says, "Put a sock in it, Mimi. You know you're not going to tell him."

She stands up and sees father Jansen. She tells him she is afraid she won't be able to tell Shawn.

"You will Mimi," says the Father, "You have the moral obligation."

"Who gives a flying leap about moral obligations," says Mimi, "You won't marry us if I don't tell him."

"You will feel so much better once you have unburdened yourself," says Father Jansen.

He leaves. Mimi sits in a pew worrying that she will unburden herself of Shawn, too. Shawn comes in and asks, "You OK?"

"Yeah," says Mimi, "I have to talk to you. It's about Belle's baby. We have a responsibility to Claire."

"Of course we do," says Shawn, "We're her godparents."

"You're the perfect father figure," says Mimi, "In fact you... are... choke... sputter... stammer... a great dad."

"I hope to be someday," says Shawn, "I can't wait to start a family. I love you. I can't wait to be a father. Speaking of fathers, thank you for getting me to make up with my dad. He was very good to me as I was growing up, and Zack, too. I think he would have been to Chelsea as well. That explains why he treats her like he does now. If I had a daughter out there like that and someone was keeping the information from me, I swear I would kill them." Dumb-DA-dumb-dumb.

Bo prays to Zack, who has now been elevated to god-status, "I need you to watch over your mommy, tiny man. If you can, bring her home. I can't lose her."

Hope is starting to get her feeling back in her legs. The doc says it will take her a while to get back on her feet. She doesn't want to go to the clinic. Patrick says he will take care of her. Hope protests. "I know exactly what to do," says Patrick.

Bo comes into the pub. Caroline thinks he must be worried sick about the party-brat and Hope. He tells her about the text message Hope sent, "She wants me to choose between her and my daughter."

"That's a terrible position to be in," says Caroline, "having to choose between your loving wife and a selfish, conceited, immature, conniving child killer."

"How am I gonna do that, Ma?"

"First things first," says Caroline, "I'll bring you a nice hot bowl of chowder." She leaves and sees the two takeout orders sitting side-by-side. She grabs both look-alike sacks and gives one to Lucas, "Homemade peach cobbler." Lucas pays and leaves. She takes the other sack to Austin, "Here you go Austin. All of Carrie's favorite dishes. She'll be surprised all right."

Carrie says, "That's my answer! I've loved Austin forever. But then there's Sami..."

Lexie says, "I thought you said you weren't going to worry about her. If Austin is the one you love you should be with him. Let Lucas know ASAP there is no future for the two of you. Let me know what happens."

Carrie leaves. Sami stews, "Damn Lexie and all her advice! It must be nice to be so perfect."

Tek finds Lexie. Sami watches as they make out. Big eyes.

Lexie pushes away. Tek insists. He wants to make love right there. So much for protesting. Lexie rolls over like a downhill putt.

Sami soaks it in, "She's cheating on Abe with one of his friends. This could be useful." She turns and sees Carrie, "There 's Carrie trying to figure out which man she wants. If it weren't for her I'd have my choice of Lucas or Austin."

Carrie collapses in pain.

Lucas and Austin meet in the hallway with sacks and flowers. Lucas asks, "Working late with Sami, huh?"

"No," says Austin, "I'm done working. Are those flowers for Carrie?"

"Yeah," says Lucas, "I have a hot date." He heads for his apartment.

Austin says, "Sorry, Man. Ain't no way that date is gonna happen."

Caroline advises Bo to go after Hope. Bo says, "She made it clear she wants to be alone."

Caroline is adamant, "Go after her, or take the chance of losing her forever."

Hope wakes up in Patrick's cabin. He brings her tea. She doesn't know what she'd do without him. Patrick is there for her.

Mimi just wants to be a good godparent. Shawn says, "You are a great godmother just like you will be a great mother."

Father Jansen comes out. Shawn tells him they will see him at the wedding.

"Oh," says Father Jansen, "Good. Then, I take it Mimi told you."

"Told me what?"

FF on the pathological liar.


Previews
========

Marlena says, "I'm married to Alex. So why can't I stop thinking about John?"

Abe and Lexie sit across from John at a booth in the pub. John grits his teeth and asks Abe, "What would you do if some SOB was out to get Lexie?" Move to a shot of Tek.

Austin tells Lucas, "You cannot accept the fact that she doesn't love you and never will."

Bell says, "You and I..." Shawn says, "Are over, and if you're not going to be happy for the both of us, then I really don't want you there tomorrow at the wedding."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

<< These tired old plots
Are becoming a joke. >>

...Because the writers
are all on coke

[And I don't mean the kind that comes in a bottle!]

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be Friday, even the commentaries are better than the show itself!!

Loved Belle & and the good father in the confessional and God's "response" to Mimi.

Here were a couple of plot points I could only shake my head at today:
1. Lexi runs from Tec and hides behind a shrub...what is she? 10?
2. Hope "can't move her legs" so Patrick puts in a call to Bo over on the mainland? What could Bo do even if Patrick got hold of him? How about an ambulance? How about his agent to get him off this mess?

Oh, the cruelty of waiting until Monday and another Prevuze.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs