Thursday, September 15, 2005

He Isn't A Trout

Brady carries Chloe over the threshold. He has created a paradise of flowers and candles. Their future begins tonight.

Mimi just figured out Belle is afraid she will never get Shawn back if he falls in love with Mimi. Shawn brings the wrap, “OK, so what’s going on here?”

Back at John’s place. The air conditioning is out. Marlena goes to take a shower.

“I’m working hard to help my wife remember,” says John, “We almost had a breakthrough until you interrupted the carriage ride. She is going to Samantha’s wedding tomorrow and will remember her daughter.”

Sami and Lucas get home. Sami is on a wedding high. Lucas says he is not nervous. Sami thinks it will be the wedding of her dreams. Lucas starts kissing her. Sami thinks it will be bad luck if he stays. Lucas says, “You and your superstitions make you real sexy, come on let’s live dangerously, huh?”

Lucas and Sami kiss. Sami pulls away. Lucas points out the wedding day doesn’t begin until midnight. He will set an alarm and leave at 11:59PM. Sami doesn’t want to tempt fate. She reminds him her luck with weddings hasn’t been all that great.

“That’s not gonna happen this time” says Lucas, “I won’t let it.”

Shawn asks if the girls want to fill him in on what’s going on. They don’t. Shawn offers to give Belle a ride. Mimi says she isn’t ready to go. Bonnie will bring her home later.

They leave. Bonnie rushes in and wants to know what Mimi is doing, “You are going to lose your chance to be Mrs. Shawn Brady.”

Your Precious Love plays. Alex suggests Marlena go to bed. Marlena asks, “What could be more restful than listening to beautiful music?” John suggests she go onto the terrace where it is cool.

Once she is gone, he tells Alex, “Get outta here.”

“I can’t” says Alex, “Marlena is my patient.”

“What I want to do right now is throw you off that balcony” says John, “But I don’t want to upset Marlena. I’m going onto the terrace. Don’t come out there.”

John hands Marlena a present. It’s a blue topaz necklace. “You had a thing for blue topaz,” he says.

“Apparently I still do” says Marlena, “Looking at it makes me feel...”

“...Loved? you are,” says John.

“No” says Marlena, “I was going to say protected.” John puts the necklace on her.

“It's beautiful” he says, “Just like you. It would be a damn shame to let this music go to waste, wouldn’t it?” They dance. Marlena likes the next song, too. John tells her they danced to it before.

“I – it was... was it at a wedding?”

John asks, “Do you remember whose wedding?” Alex watches.

Bonnie bawls Mimi out, “Sometimes I don’t think you are my daughter.”

“Why” says Mimi, “Because I don’t chase men like you do?”

Bonnie says, “You’ve got to go after Shawn and reel him in.”

“He isn’t a trout.”

“You love him, right,” asks Bonnie.

“I like him” says Mimi, “OK I like him a lot, and the more time we spend together the closer I feel to him.”

“Then go for it” says Bonnie, “Make the most of what you’ve got. Check out the mirror. You’re a knockout. And you and Shawn live together. He’s a man, you’re a woman. God didn’t give you that chassis to mope around in a robe and bunny slippers – flaunt it. Not everything happens naturally.”

“I am not lowering myself like that” says Mimi.

Bonnie asks, “Even if it means you can lose Shawn forever?”

Shawn and Belle arrive at the apartment. He puts on a pot of tea for Belle.

Phillip bursts into the apartment and announces to Belle, “I’M HOME!” He sees Shawn there and asks, “You wanna tell me exactly what’s going on here?”

Chloe comes in wearing a robe and bunny slippers. “ Now this was worth the wait,” says Brady, “I’d like to make a toast. To you... may your future, our future, be everything you want it to be. This is only the beginning.”

“To us and our future,” says Chloe.

They are excited about the honeymoon. Brady gives a rundown of the itinerary, “Then we get back and start accepting visitors.”

Chloe says, “Before the wedding I wasn’t sure if the scars would be there or not but even if I’d been scarred for life your love has transformed me. You make me feel so strong. Before we make love as husband and wife, I have a confession to make. I haven’t been faithful to you.” Unless you don’t count the Chicago Bears, and the Salem Mens’ Glee Club.

“What are you talking about,” says Brady.

“I was unfaithful to our love” says Chloe, “When I found out how badly I was injured, I thought you would be better off without me. If I had just told you the truth, I’d have saved you so much pain. I hope you can forgive me.”

Brady says, “I’m sorry I can’t accept your apology.”

Marlena stammers, “I’m so close...”

“To remembering,” asks John, “But just no quite there yet? Maybe more dancing will help.”

Alex watches as they dance. Marlena decides she is tired.

“Hey,” says John, “we had a breakthrough tonight. Just promise me you won’t stop trying.

Marlena says, “I want to remember this.”

Sami, Lucas, afterglow. Sami asks, “We didn’t go past the deadline yet, did we?”

News bulletin. Tony has been recaptured. The car was destroyed. The cause of the blast is unknown.

Lucas says, “We gotta get that SOB Stan.”

Sami says, “I guess that’s not gonna happen. He’s probably smart enough not to show his face in Salem again. Can’t we just forget about it? Your obsession with Stan is going to ruin our marriage.”

Brady says, “Chloe there is nothing for you to apologize for. Mostly I wish I had known you were alive so I could be there for you.”

Chloe asks, “How can you be so understanding after the stupid things I did?”

Brady expects stupid things from Chloe, “I love you. We don’t want to start our marriage with regrets. I promise to love honor and trust you all the Days Of Our Lives.”

Shawn explains he just brought Belle home after the reception. The phone rings. Phillip answers. It’s Lexie. It’s for Belle. She fills him in on the cramps.

Phillip goes over to Shawn while Belle is on the phone, “Good of you to look after her.”

“I’m just happy I was close by,” says Shawn, “Lexie says it’s nothing to worry about – false alarm.”

Phillip apologizes for overreacting when he came in. He demonstrates his leg. Shawn decides to leave. Shawn and Belle share a meaningful glance.

After Shawn leaves, Phillip turns to Belle and asks, “You have something to tell me, don't' you?”

“Yes,” Says Belle.

Lucas can’t forget about Stan. Sami wonders why he’s letting it ruin their wedding. Lucas can see it’s upsetting her. He vows not to bring up Stan’s name until after the honeymoon. Sami declares the Sami Brady wedding curse has been lifted.

Marlena is having a strange sensation. John encourages her to get a good night’s sleep and maybe something more will come to her in the morning. She gives him a peck on the cheek and they say goodnight.

“I think I’ll turn in myself,” says Alex.

“Hold on,” says John, “Just because you are on the same floor as Marlena... stay in your own room. If you disturb her, I’ll know about it. I have an interesting security system. If that door opens so much as a crack, I’m there in a heartbeat. She thinks she’s close to remembering. If you try to screw it up, you’ll regret it.”

Alex says, “Good night, Mr. Black.”

Brady and Chloe get down to business.

Belle says Shawn has been a good friend, but that’s all he’s been. The baby kicks. Whoa, two legs. Phillip leans down and asks how the kid is doing. He tells Belle, “As close as we’ve come we will now become closer. I’m glad Shawn and Mimi were here for you. Are you getting along better with her?”

Belle says, “I don’t know about tall that.”

“I just hope she and Shawn can find happiness together,” says Phillip, “It’s OK, honey, I know what’s wrong.”

Shawn gets home. Mimi comes out in a towel. “I was using your bathroom because the plumbing in mine is all messed up. Why are you here so soon?”

“Phillip’s home. He’s doing well.”

“I’m happy for both of them,” says Mimi.

“Yeah,” says Shawn.

Mimi asks, “You mean that?” Mimi remembers Bonnie’s words. Shawn is sitting on her robe. He gives it to her.

Shawn remembers his conversation with Bonnie, “Mimi – wait up. I have a proposition for you.”

“Chloe,” says Brady, “you know what we are?”

“Husband and wife? Luvahs? Deliriously in love?” Two nitwits about to fade into the sunset?

Brady says, “I was thinking... invincible.”

“Yeah,” says Chloe, “I am so lucky to be your wife.”

“I am the lucky one,” says Brady.

Shawn suggests watching Jurassic Park III on TV. Mimi agrees. Shawn goes to make popcorn. Mimi decides to put some clothes on.

“You’re fine the way you are,” says Shawn.

Phillip tells Belle her spat with Mimi will be over soon. He thinks Mimi is falling for Shawn again. They hug. Belle stares at Shawn’s picture.

“Sleep tight my love,” says John at Marlena’s door. He activates the security system.

Marlena sleeps clutching the necklace.

Alex, the Man In Black, sneaks around on the ledge outside. He opens the door to Marlena’s room and sneaks in.

Sami panics. It’s almost midnight. Lucas begs for one more kiss. “It’s the last time I’ll say it but, I love you Sami Brady. “

Sami is confused, “Huh?”

Lucas says, “Tomorrow, I’ll say I love you Sami Roberts.”

He leaves. Sami leans against the door and says, “Tony DiMera has nothing on me. I’m marrying the man of my dreams.”

Fade to stacked boxes in an alley. Pan in on a picture of Sami putting on a moustache...

Sami says, “All my dreams are coming true. This is the happiest day of my life.” I hope it doesn’t turn out to be as miserable as the other ‘happiest days of her life.’

FF on Sami with a background of Stan pix.



Previews
========

Hope says, “She needs to behave appropriately, Bo. That’s what she needs.” Bo asks, “Are you implying my daughter is a tramp?”

Billie announces to Kate, “I’m not going to my brother’s wedding.”

Marlena tells John, “I don’t know what you said or did to him, but I am going to keep Alex with me.”

Sami tells Roman, “She is the greatest love of your life. Fight for that. Don’t give up on her.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shawn as Mortimer Snerd! Classic!

Rather than asking Belle what Shawn was doing there, Phil should be asking her why she has a beach ball under her dress. HAHAHAHA

It's a grey day here, but bright and sunny on the Prevuze front. THANKS!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs