Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hi Stan - How Ya Doin'

Sami knocks on Will’s bedroom door and tells him to get up. Lucas is on the computer. Today is Brady and Chloe’s wedding. Lucas and Sami are getting married tomorrow. Lucas has selected a photo for the wedding announcements. These guys really plan ahead, don't they? Sami comes over to look at it, but the computer has a picture of Stan on it.

Flash to the police office with the same picture of Stan. Roman and Abe banter. Roman has set a trap. The intel on the computer about the transfer is bogus. Roman thinks they are about to nail Bart and Stan.

Bart delivers a package for Roman Brady. Tek takes it. Bart leaves and listens through his earpiece.

Tek takes the package in and asks for an update on the DiMera investigation.

Belle dreams of Shawn. She snaps awake, “Why can’t I forget my feelings for Shawn?”

Meanwhile, Shawn dreams of Belle. Belle caresses his cheek. He’s sleeping down on the couch. Mimi is at the door and says there is a phone call for Shawn.

“We just woke up,” says Belle.

“WE just woke up,” repeats Mimi, “What exactly is going on here?”

Brady comes downstairs wrapped in a towel. He says hi to Marlena.

Marlena says, “Your dad tells me this is a big day for you.”

“Yes,” says Brady, “Chloe and I are getting married. I am so glad you and Dad are here to see it and are back together.”

John asks Kate to help him keep an eye on Dr. North.

Marlena says, “No, Brady, John and I aren’t ....”

Alex interrupts. Marlena tells him, “I’m so glad you spent the night with me last night.” Brady does a double-take.

Chloe whines, “How am I supposed to marry Brady if my scars aren’t healed?” She rips the bandages off. Nancy walks in, “GASP!” Chloe’s scars are worse than ever.

Shawn tells Mimi he slept on the couch. He leaves to get the phone call.

“So,” says Mimi, “you’re really not doing this to get Shawn’s attention? You just couldn’t stand to spend the night alone. I’m sure Phillip would be thrilled.”

“That’s not what’s happening,” says Belle, “Today is Chloe and Brady’s wedding. I really don’t think we should be fighting.”

Lexie calls. Belle promises she will call if she has any more symptoms. Better make sure she has a cell phone at the wedding.

Shawn comes back and tells Mimi to lighten up with Belle because the wedding is today.

“What if Belle gets more cramps,” asks Mimi. Belle walks up as Mimi tells Shawn, “Leave it to Belle to ruin her good friend’s big day.”

Nancy comes into Chloe’s room, “Oh, Chloe, I am so sorry.”

Chloe says, “I can’t marry Brady looking like a monster.”

Chloe wakes up. She tells Nancy all about her terrible dream, “How can I marry Brady if I am repulsed by the way I look?”

Nancy tries to encourage her. She shows Chloe the room. Brady has put flowers everywhere. Chloe finds a diamond bracelet with an inscription: “Chloe, marry me. Forever, Brady.”

Brady asks, “What the hell is going on here?”

John comes in. Brady asks him what is going on. John explains the whole situation with Alex.

John tells Marlena now that she is home it will be all good things for her.

They talk about breakfast. Marlena says, “It’s odd what I do and don’t remember about liking food. I made some muffins and coffee so I guess Alex and I will have that.”

“Since when do you bake,” asks John.

“It’s a newfound talent I picked up in the mountains,” says Marlena.

She turns to Alex, “Let’s see... cream and no sugar, right?”

“You have a good memory,” says Alex. Chuckles all around.

John, Kate and Brady hope the day helps to bring back Marlena’s memories.

Brady leaves. Kate says to John, “Dr. North and Marlena seem to have a little more than the normal Dr. patient relationship.”

John tells her about walking in on them at the cabin, “That’s why I want you to help me find out what her shrink is up to.”

Sami asks if that’s the photo Lucas wants to send. No says Lucas. Your name is right before Stan’s in my directory.

“I can’t wait to marry you,” says Sami, “Good news my mom is home.”

“We’ll have the perfect wedding, future and honeymoon,” says Lucas, “Don’t forget the honeymoon.”

Sami doesn’t know where they are going, but she doesn’t want to go to the desert.

“Don’t worry,” says Lucas, “We’re not going anywhere which would remind us of Tony.”

“Everything is set for the transfer,” says Roman, “Proceed on schedule.”

Bart goes into action. Roman holds up the microphone from the package.

“I wish I wasn’t blind,” says Abe, “The two of us could run this whole operation by ourselves.”

“Don’t worry, Abe,” says Roman, “You’ll get your sight back and we’ll be able to work together again.”

Roman leaves. Abe rattles around the office.

Tek tells Abe the deliveryman got away. An officer comes in with a report. Tek tells Abe it’s a lead on Stan. Fade to smiling Sami.

Will wants to see the online RSVP’s. He tinkers with the computer and tells them lots of people are coming.

Sami asks Lucas if Kate is coming. “Don’t worry,” he says, “nothing is going to ruin out perfect day.”

Phone call. Sami answers. Bart says, “STAN-THE-MAN, How’s it going?”

Shawn tries to get Belle to eat. She asks Mimi to come over and have some with her. Mimi declines. Shawn goes for his shower.

Mimi comes over and tells Belle, “Please promise me you won’t create a scene today. What better way to get Shawn’s attention?” Belle leaves in a huff to get dressed.

Mimi says to herself, “She just cannot get over Shawn.”

Brady goes to make a phone call. Roman is at the door. He stopped by to check on Marlena. He wants to know what Kate is doing there.

“I’m here as a friend,” says Kate.

“I would do anything to help Marlena get her memory back before the wedding tomorrow,” says Roman, “By the way, Kate, have you told John the news?” He turns to John, “Kate and I are getting a divorce.”

“I’m sorry to hear that,” says John.

“I think it was inevitable,” says Marlena, “What kind of a marriage could you have when I was pregnant with Roman’s child? John, maybe you and I should get a divorce, too.”

Brady phones Chloe. She thanks him for the flowers and bracelet. “Are you ready for a dream wedding?”

Chloe stammers, “I can’t...”

Brady asks, “What are you saying, Chloe? You want to call off the wedding?” No, Brady, she just wants to whine. “Chloe???”

“I can’t wait to marry you,” she says, “I’m sorry, I got choked up and couldn’t get the rest of it out.” Somebody ought to choke her up permanently. “I’d better get dressed. I don’t want to be late to my own wedding.”

Nancy tells her, “For a minute, I thought you were going to say something you’d regret. You’ve made me very happy. My little girl is getting married.” Nancy leaves.

Chloe contemplates the bandage, “I’m not going though with this if I’m going to look like a monster all the Days Of Our Lives.”

Tek thinks they have confirmation Tony’s henchmen are trying to help him to escape. Brilliant deduction, Sherlock.

Sami tells Lucas and Will to go get dressed. After they are gone, she spits into the phone, “How dare you! What if Will or Lucas had answered?”

Bart says, “I would have said hi Stan, how-ya-doin’. Listen, Tony is escaping today. If Tony gets out today, you get married tomorrow. You will get everything you want once Tony is free.”

“Great,” says Sami, “Nothing can go wrong now.”

Mimi, Belle and Shawn arrive at the cabin. Nancy wants them to convince Chloe to forget the face and relax and enjoy the wedding.

Chloe comes out. She says her face is burning.

Nancy says, “That means it’s healing.”

Chloe wants to take the bandages off. Nancy tries to distract her. She tells her to show them the bracelet.

“That’s your something new,” says Nancy, “I have something old. I bought this locket when you were born. Although I wasn’t allowed to keep you, I’ve kept the locket all these years.” Yeah, keep the locket, ditch the whiner.

Mimi gives her something blue. It’s a fortune from a fortune cookie at the bachelorette party. Get it, blue? Huh? Huh? Get it? They all chuckle. Then she gives her the serious one – sapphire earrings.

Belle has something borrowed. It’s her gold cross.

“Brady has one just like it,” says Chloe.

“Yeah, my dad gave them to us,” says Belle.

“So, Marlena, just because Kate and Roman have spilt up you think we should too,” asks John. Alex tells Marlena not to be too hasty. Roman tells her it will seem better tomorrow when Sami gets married.

This is all too much for Marlena. She goes upstairs to get dressed.

Roman takes John aside, “I told you it was mistake letting her go away and letting the Dr. call the shots.”

John says, “She has bonded with the clown and we’ll have to deal with it.”

“If you can’t find a way to bring her back,” says Roman, “I will.”

Alex tells Kate, “I can see you are torn between John and Roman.”

Kate asks, “Am I your patient?”

Alex explains, “I have done extensive research on Marlena’s friends and family. I sense you are having a hard time getting over your engagement with John.”

“That is none of your business, is it?”

“Actually,” says Alex, “It is my business. Your feelings for these men can have an impact on Marlena and her future.”

“My marriage to Roman is over,” says Kate.

“So does that mean you are thinking about being with John,” asks Alex.

John asks Brady a favor, “Considering Marlena’s condition... I need to stay with her during the wedding.”

Brady says, “So you can’t be my best man. That’s fine. I will think of someone. Actually, I know exactly who to call.”

Brady calls. Belle answers. Brady explains John’s situation. He was thinking about asking Shawn. He asks if Belle will be OK with that.

Belle will be fine. She hands the phone to Shawn.

Kate tells Alex John has genuine feelings for Marlena.

Ales speculates, “Maybe when her memory comes back she won’t have feelings for John.”

“Why do I get the impression there is something more going on,” asks Kate.

Alex retreats into the kitchen.

Kate goes over to John, “Alex was upsetting me. I think he has an agenda. He wants to control he and he is good. I wonder how close they really got at the cabin. I’ll do whatever I can to help you.” Hugs.

Alex comes in and watches.

Shawn agrees to be best man. He asks Belle if she is OK with that.

“Why wouldn’t I be?”

Shawn says, “I just don’t want you to be uncomfortable.”

Abe says, “First we don’t know who leaked the info.”

Roman reads the note from Tony, “The cops think they are going to transfer me to maximum security, but I have a secret weapon – Stan.”

“Tony doesn’t talk like that,” says Abe, “Stan will be the toughest one to nail. Trust me on this.”

Lucas and Will come out calling for Sami. She comes out, “I can’t believe my life is so perfect. Lucas I wish we were getting married today.”

Tek disagrees, “Every fugitive makes a mistake sooner or later.”

Abe says, “I was fighting DiMera when you were in elementary school. Don’t underestimate him. We have to assume he knows he is being set up.”

Roman agrees, “Our objective today is to transfer Tony and ID this bastard Stan.”

Lucas says nothing will ruin this wedding. Sami thinks, “The only thing that could ruin it is if Lucas finds out I was Stan.”

Alex apologizes for offending Kate, “I just wanted you to be prepared. Marlena may choose not to be with either John or Roman.”

Kate asks, “Is that what you want to see happen?”

“I have no personal stake in it,” says Alex, “I understand you are a woman who seizes the day. You just have to decide what and whom you want. Excuse me.”

Kate sighs.

Marlena comes down. John tells her, “You look beautiful.”

“You certainly do,” says Alex. Alex offers to drive her to the church. John says he will take her. Marlena says she wants to go with Alex. Alex suggests John take Kate. How cozy.

John tells Kate, “You’re right. He’s good – taking advantage of her.”

Brady comes down and asks if all is OK. “Yeah,” says John, “So, kid, you ready to get married?”

“Yes,” says Brady, “I just hope Chloe doesn’t get cold feet.”

“Ready to get into your wedding dress,” asks Nancy.

Chloe remembers her dream, “No, I’m not sure I can go through with this.” FF. Barf.


Previews
========

Hope says, “What Patrick and Billie do in church or out of church is none of your business, Bo.”

Nicole asks Sami, “You’re still working for Tony DiMera, aren’t you?” Will overhears and says, “Mom?”

Nancy asks, “Are the scars healed?” Chloe flips her veil. Nancy says, “OMG!”

John asks Marlena, “Being here is triggering something, isn’t it?” Alex takes Marlena’s hand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it? Isn't it? Is it? Isn't it? IT IS!!!! Prevuze is the cat's meow. Loved the Chloe pic!!

We need a count-down to being able to say bye-bye to the Broe whinefest. Friday, 9/16 is their last air date. So all together now, 7, 6, 5....

I must say I was a little confused on why Kate & Roman were over at the penthouse? And how could Brady be staying there and not know Alex was there too? How many bedrooms are in that place?

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the thing that the church triggers is another Demonic possession, I will rip all of my hair out, and turn in to a bigger whiner than Belle or Chloe.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs