Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Yard Gnomes And A Cement Gecko

Bo and the warden are at the pub discussing Hope's injuries, which have been determined not to be serious. The warden says the word is out on Hope being a cop, and she's worried something like this may happen again. Bo gives her his tough-buy look, "I'm calling the shots now." Translation: Be afraid, Hope. Be very afraid.

Brady is on the phone doing Titan business, "Fire him! Fire the whole department!" I sure hope he's talking about the DOOL writing staff. Victor walks in. Brady announces, "I just fired Bob Norman."

"Without discussing it with me," asks Victor, "Who fires an employee of 20 years like that? Come to think of it... I do. Firing Bob will wake up that whole division. Good work."

Maggie shows up as Brady leaves. She shows Victor Vivian's earring. Maggie thinks it's odd the way Vivian left town.

Phillip calls Kate and asks to see her about Vivian.

Carly comes into the mausoleum and surveys the sarcophagus. She remembers telling Isabella she would always (say it with her) be there for her. She apologizes for not coming by more often and wonders what Izzy thinks of the fancy casket, "I'm sorry she disturbed you. Nobody deserves to rest in peace more than you."

Vivian listens and fumes, "I'm in the damn sarcophagus you stupid cow! Help me!"

Kate comes in to see Stefano as a mystery guy leaves. As Stefano walks out he tells Kate he's searching for the shooter.

Kate ponders, "Just don't let that persona be Will."

Rafe and Will have a staredown outside the pub. Rafe asks if Will is OK. "Actually," says Will, "I'm not."

Back at the hospital, Lexie asks EJ why he called out Sami's name. Abe comes in. Lexie tells him what EJ said. "After what he did," says Abe, "Sami is out of his life."

Will don' wanna talk about it. So, of course, we talk. Rafe tells him Johnny and Allie aren't doing well. "What's wrong," asks Will, "Did Mom find them?" Will says he hates this situation and wants it over with. Just like the viewers.

Kate asks Stefano about talking to his hired goon and wants to know if Stefano told him his suspicions about Will being the shooter. Stefano evades, "Let's hope that isn't the case." He walks out.

Victor says, "I don't care that Vivian left and I don't care what she left. I don't care if she left behind the ruby slippers as long as she's gone."

Maggie's suggests sending the earring to Vivian for old time's sake, "You do know where she is, don't you?"

Victor puts the earring in a drawer, "When I find out, I'll send her stuff to her." Maggie starts to leave. Victor wants to talk. Maggie don' wanna. So, of course, we talk.

Brady comes into Vivian's bedroom, turns on the TV and starts his conversation with the living dead. Vivian tells him Carly is there and will figure things out. Brady flips to see Carly talking to Isabella about Vivian's mysterious disappearance.

The warden asks about Bo and Hope being separated. "We're not divorced," says Bo, "We're separated. We're still married and I'm honoring the sanctity of that marriage by cavorting around with someone else." He requests isolation for Hope.

"I will protect her," says the warden, "but this isn't a summer camp." She leaves. Bo stews.

Lexie says the monitors indicate EJ's brain activity has increased. Abe says, "If EJ called Sami's name he knows who he is and what he wants."

Lexie says, "I'm not going to tell my father about this."

Stefano walks in, "Tell me what?"

Lexie tries to change the subject, "Did you get some rest?"

"I don't rest," booms Stefano, "If there is something going on with Elvis I damn well want to know."

Kate finds Phillip at the dock. He tells her about Vivian's absence. Phillip is surprised Kate isn't happier about it, so he wonders what else is going on in her life that is distracting her.

Will says, "I hope EJ lives and goes back to what he loves. Stealing babies and ruining lives."

"And I'd like to see him go to prison and be locked up with a large and lonely guy," says Rafe.

Lucas walks by, "That large and lonely guy better not be Carmine. I'm still carrying a torch for him."

"If EJ dies whoever shot him will be locked up for a long time or even worse," says Rafe.

Arianna stumbles into the scene, "Whoever shot him will have to deal with Stefano. I'd rather go to prison."

"Don't you mean back to prison," asks Rafe.

Lexie tells Stefano about EJ's brain activity. Stefano asks to be alone with him. Lexie and Abe leave. Stefano sits beside him and we have the same scene we've had over and over again.

Maggie says she's sorry Vivian left, "I was looking forward to throwing you a first anniversary party. I had it all planned, I was going to have it on the lawn, complete with yard gnomes and a cement gecko."

Victor shows her the email allegedly from Vivian, "She says she left because she saw there was something between you and me." He reminds her about offering him a ride to the airport on his wedding day and asks if the offer is still on the table. I think Victor has another kind of ride in mind.

Bo meets Carly in the crypt. Inside the sarcophagus, Vivian screams to no avail. Carly says she thinks Vivian may be out there somewhere waiting to strike.

Brady gives Vivian his analysis of Bo and Carly's conversation.

Kate says she's preoccupied with the EJ situation, "Stefano is out of his mind."

"Which makes him unpredictable, dangerous," says Phillip.

"No," says Kate, "It makes him normal for a person in Salem." Kate worries that she won't be able to handle Stefano, "He's cold and enraged."

Phillip asks, "Does he thinks someone in the family shot EJ?" Kate flashes back to her conversation with Will at the pub. Phillip asks again. Kate says she hopes not, but does not know.

Rafe grumbles, "This was a private conversation." Will leaves. Rafe tells Arianna not to butt in next time. She says Rafe isn't helping matters. Rafe thinks she should stay away from the DiMeras and let the legal system figure out who shot EJ.

That lights her firecracker, "THE LEGAL SYSTEM? You mean the same legal system that let me rot in jail while the real perpetrator — A COP — was out committing more crimes? What kind of system of justice is that?"

"So," asks Rafe, "does that mean I'm supposed to believe in the DiMera system of justice?" Arianna starts to go but Rafe wants to work things out.

Stefano says if EJ keeps fighting he will find out who did this, "I'm sorry to have to tell you but my money is on young William. I've grown fond of him, but if I'm right, I will do to him what he did to you."

Victor thinks there was something to Maggie's offer. He says Mickey wouldn't want her to spend the rest of her life. Alone. Maggie reminds him, "Mickey isn't here."

"He never was," says Victor.

"My instincts tell me we should just be friends," says Maggie.

"Your instincts don't know what they are talking about and I will prove it to you," says Victor.

"You never know true happiness until you get married, by which time its too late to do anything about it." -Victor Kiriakis

Kate says she heard Victor threaten Stefano that night. Phillip doesn't think there was much to that. "Well," says Kate, "Thanks for telling me about Vivian. Wherever she is I hope she stays there for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Brady holds up Vivian's cell phone and then practices his creative writing skills with a message, "Dearest Carly. I may be gone but I will never forget what you did to Lawrence." He sends the message.

Carly's phone rings, she looks at the message and shows Bo. Bo analyzes, "Sounds to me like a woman covering her backside. Vivian has failed on all fronts. Could be she's admitting defeat." Hmmm... sounds to me like a threat, but what do I know?

Vivian tells Brady he won't get away with this. Brady snickers, "Seems like I just did."

Phillip walks in and asks Brady, "Who were you just talking to?" Amazing, Phillip almost acts like it's any of his business.

Arianna snaps, "You can't tell me what to think. You have enough trouble doing that for yourself." She defends EJ and reminds Rafe he came to her defense when she was arrested and offered her a job.

Rafe says EJ did that to get Sami's attention, "He was using you and conning you in the same way he was conning Sami. He kidnapped her baby."

Arianna yells, "It was his baby, too. She what... forgot to tell him she was pregnant. I admit in the past I have been a bum magnet, but EJ isn't like that. He's not like you. He's never let me down and I will never let him down. You need to get used to that." She walks off.

Abe says it's time to pick up Theo. Stefano's goon walks in, "Where can I find Stefano DiMera?"

Lexie says, "I'm his daughter. What do you want with him?" Stefano comes out of EJ's room, says he'll handle things and walks off with the guy.

Lexie turns to Abe, "I wonder what that's all about?"

"One thing for sure," says Abe, "They're not talking to each other because they're in the same book club."

Stefano and Goono talk privately. Goono hands him an envelope, "This is what you are looking for." Stefano opens the envelope and nods.

Kate paces in the rumpus room, "I have to stop him. If he thinks Will is the one, I can't reason with him. I need to do whatever it takes. Will is my flesh and blood. No one else matters." She eyes the liquor and imagines poisoning it, "But will I really need to do that to the husband I've come to love?"

Abe says he's proud of Lexie for the way she's handling things, "EJ has been your patient for a few days now and he's still not dead. If EJ says anything else keep Bo and me posted."

Brady tells Phillip he's talking to the office. "In Vivian's room," asks Phillip. Brady says he came in there to make sure Vivian's disappearance was true. Phillip says he thinks her disappearance was too easy. Brady says he thinks they've seen he last of her. "I hope you're right," says Phillip. He leaves.

Brady smiles, "I think we can count on it."

"You can count on burning in hell," growls Vivian.

Victor tells Maggie he likes her. Maggie says, "And I like you." If this were the seventh grade, it would be a budding romance.

"I won't let you steamroll me," says Maggie, "What you like is the game. What if I suddenly became flushed and breathless? You'd be bored in thirty seconds. Let's agree to disagree."

Vivian wonders if Brady is worried about sinking to her level. Brady says he is protecting his family. He says the message he sent proves she's alive, "So face it Vivian, you're toast."

Carly and Bo pace around the crypt. Carly thinks Isabella would be happy for them being together. They leave. Apparently to have a little more togetherness in private.

Vivian tells Brady he'll crack, "I hope you don't go back to using drugs. Eventually, you're going to pay dearly for this."

Brady shuts her off, "Sorry Viv, this is one good deed that will go unpunished."

Downstairs, Maggie extends her hand to Victor, "Friends?"

Victor shakes, "Friends." Maggie leaves. Victor smirks, "For now..."

Maggie stands by the front door and tries to convince herself, "I did the right thing..."

Rafe calls Tiffany and asks her to put in a request for him to take the rest of the week off, "I need to deal with a rebellious teenage kid who has his mother's stubborn streak."

Elsewhere, Will contemplates, "EJ already said Mom's name. What else will he say?"

Lexie stands with EJ, "I don't know who did this to you, but our father won't give up until he finds the person who shot you. God help whoever it is."

Kate joins Stefano in the rumpus room. He shows her the envelope and says he has news about William. Kate offers him a drink. "Why not," asks Stefano. Kate selects the container of death.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


14 Comments:

Anonymous Berg said...

"And I'd like to see him go to prison and be locked up with a large and lonely guy," says Rafe In your dreams Rafe-O. Man, Rafe is obsessed with EJ. Perhaps he is thinking he might be that large and lonely guy?

Three cheers for Arianna and two months ago I didn't even like her. Finally someone says what I have been screaming at Prevuze (cuz I don't watch this crap) that Sami started this. Not letting EJ know he had a child until she was dead (back with the baby switcharoo)is bad. Bad. Whose bad? Sorry MJ moment.

I know we are suppose to suspend disbelief and also remove our brains when it comes to DOOL. For example, how does Vivan eat and drink? What about using the bathroom? I think she is missing a wet bar but probably not for long.

Wake me up when September ends.

3:56 AM  
Anonymous TNChargerFan said...

"Three cheers for Arianna and two months ago I didn't even like her. Finally someone says what I have been screaming at Prevuze (cuz I don't watch this crap) that Sami started this."

I agree, Berg. Arianna is the only one involved in this storyline that's making any sense.

5:28 AM  
Anonymous LemonGrass1985 said...

I still don't care about Arianna, but at least she's getting some truths in.

I want to know how was it that Rafe let her down???

Mr. Perfect isn't quite as perfect as he wants everyone to think he is?

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

"Fire him! Fire the whole department!" I sure hope he's talking about the DOOL writing staff.

Drunk and disorderly Brady is making personnel decisions. No wonder the unemployment rate is so high. As for the DOOL writers, it’s a good bet they’ll be able to find work at the Sci-Fi Channel.

Phillip calls Kate and asks to see her about Vivian.

…and a telephone conversation won’t do?

Will says he hates this situation and wants it over with. Just like the viewers.

Yes, Will speaks for us all. Geez!

Will says, "I hope EJ lives and goes back to what he loves. Stealing babies and ruining lives."

That’s a rather judgmental statement from a kid whose mother hides babies and guilts him into being complicit to her murderous schemes.

"And I'd like to see him go to prison and be locked up with a large and lonely guy," says Rafe.

What a man, what a man, what a man/ What a mighty good man. Nice talk Agent Craftsman.

She says Rafe isn't helping matters.

Arianna is correct. Rafe is a certifiable sh#t disturber.

“Could be she's admitting defeat." Hmmm... sounds to me like a threat, but what do I know?

DOOL – the graveyard for all things logical

“He's not like you. He's never let me down and I will never let him down.”

Does this mean the writers actually exerted themselves and came up with a back story for the Rafester?

Victor shakes, "Friends." Maggie leaves. Victor smirks, "For now..."

OMG!!!! We might be getting senior citizen tonsil hockey!!!

"I need to deal with a rebellious teenage kid who has his mother's stubborn streak."

What’s Rafe going to do – beat Will with a rubber hose? Since it doesn’t appear that he’s been involved in anything that even resembles a job, why does Rafe need time off from work? Instead of dealing with his fiancee’s son, Rafe ought to be at his desk working. The FBI can always find someone younger, better, and cheaper to do his job – whatever that may be. By the way, are Sami and the forgotten father, Lucas, agreeable to Rafe stepping into a parenting role with Will? Of course, this wouldn’t be an issue if the DiMeras had a working alarm system complete with security cameras.

Getting 12 months for stealing a calendar – groan!!

6:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why is it that Brady talks to Vivian from her bedroom but two people have come and gone now, Maggie and Philip, but she doesn't talk to them and/or they don't hear her. I haven't seen Brady turning the tv on or off as people come and go. Explain??

8:31 AM  
Anonymous KatieR said...

Arianna yells, "It was his baby, too. She what... forgot to tell him she was pregnant. I admit in the past I have been a bum magnet, but EJ isn't like that. He's not like you. He's never let me down and I will never let him down. You need to get used to that." She walks off.

Well there you have it. Arianna admits it herself, she's fallen for EJ. And with that Rafe annoys me more than ever....such an 'aww' moment, but no, Ari will be nothing more than a pancake smear on the road soon. Rafe, why not do us all a favor and save your sister and get hit yourself! Let's just say it'll make up for 'letting Ari down', as she put it.

I'd venture to guess this snail's pace romance will soon be in full bloom so DOOL can play up Ari's death as much as they can.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous KatieR said...

Leslie said-- The FBI can always find someone younger, better, and cheaper to do his job –

lmao, You mean like Ciara and Theo? Like the SPD, the FBI appears too dumb to hire these kids fulltime.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

"I'm calling the shots now." OH COME ON!!!!! He'd have no jurisdiction to tell a warden what to do. I bet there isn't a warden alive who wouldn't have him tossed out on his snarly butt. Or better yet - how about into the cell with Hope? Now there's a punishment for you. HAHAHA

Anyway, he sure got over his big concern soon enough:Bo and Carly dance around the sarcophagus I wish they'd just do it on the sarcophagus. Let's liven this thing up a bit. Well, Marlena and Squints did it on the Titan conference table.

Rafe calls Tiffany and asks her to put in a request for him to take the rest of the week off. Poor Rafe, he's actually been IN the office what, once? He needs a week off.

And speaking of never going to work, there must not be many mayoral duties in Salem if Abe has time to constantly drop by the hospital to visit Lexie.

LOL over Maggie reminds him, "Mickey isn't here." "He never was, says Victor." and the EJ picture.

Thanks for the morning cheer, Prevuze! :D

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Berg said...

Bulldog - Well, Marlena and Squints did it on the Titan conference table. I miss Squints but only as RoboJon. There will never be hair like that again.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous KatieR said...

Hey, one question, is this for today's Tuesday episode in the US, or tomorrow's Wednesday's eppi?

I'm confusing myself with this, lol. Doesn't help that most days on DOOL seem exactly the same...

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

LOL over Ej's "I needed that like I needed another whole in my head"...and by "that" I assume to be Sami, who's just the gal to leave a few holes in any guy's head...However, I hope they stop messing with EJ's head going forward...DOOL is in desperate need of good ratings, and who else other than JS would they use to attract the show's female audience, and have them swooning over him...

"Bo gives her his tough-buy look, 'I'm calling the shots now.'"...that's only because Hope's in prison you doofus! If you were "calling any shots" your wife woudn't be stuck in prison making small talk with the bitch-ho's of Salem...

"'Fire him! Fire the whole department!' I sure hope he's talking about the DOOL writing staff."...lol! yes, let's bring out the flying monkeys, they usually do better...

"We're not divorced," says Bo, "We're separated. We're still married and I'm honoring the sanctity of that marriage by cavorting around with someone else."...good one Prevuze! If 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions" Bo is definitely on the right path...

"I'm sorry to have to tell you but my money is on young William. I've grown fond of him, but if I'm right, I will do to him what he did to you."...OMG! He did NOT go there! EJ would never be vengeful like Stefano is! So the right thing to do is "an eye for an eye" according to Stefano, even with his own grandson! Nice!!! Any wonder why Sami wasn't crazy about having him as a potential father in law???

"Arianna yells, it was his baby, too. She what... forgot to tell him she was pregnant."...God, if Ari was any dumber, she'd be a stuffed eggplant! No, Sami didn't forget to tell him she was pregnant, she did't WANT to tell him she was pregnant! What sane person would have wanted to stick her child in between 2 screwed up individuals like EJ & Nicole, or with a man like Stefano. Sami was only trying to protect her child from the DiMera ways...I'd have done the same thing under the circumstances. Sometimes in life you have to sacrifice for the ideals you believe in.

Have a nice day everyone!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

LOL over Ej's "I needed that like I needed another whole in my head"...and by "that" I assume to be Sami, who's just the gal to leave a few holes in any guy's head...However, I hope they stop messing with EJ's head going forward...DOOL is in desperate need of good ratings, and who else other than JS would they use to attract the show's female audience, and have them swooning over him...

"Bo gives her his tough-buy look, 'I'm calling the shots now.'"...that's only because Hope's in prison you doofus! If you were "calling any shots" your wife woudn't be stuck in prison making small talk with the bitch-ho's of Salem...

"We're not divorced," says Bo, "We're separated. We're still married and I'm honoring the sanctity of that marriage by cavorting around with someone else."...good one Prevuze! If 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions" Bo is definitely on the right path...

"I'm sorry to have to tell you but my money is on young William. I've grown fond of him, but if I'm right, I will do to him what he did to you."...So the right thing to do is "an eye for an eye" according to Stefano, even with his own grandson! Nice!!! Any wonder why Sami wasn't crazy about having him as a potential father in law???

"Arianna yells, it was his baby, too. She what... forgot to tell him she was pregnant."...God, if Ari was any dumber, she'd be a stuffed eggplant! No, Sami didn't forget to tell him she was pregnant, she did't WANT to tell him she was pregnant! What sane person would have wanted to stick her child in between 2 screwed up individuals like EJ & Nicole, or with a man like Stefano. Sami was only trying to protect her child from the DiMera ways...I'd have done the same thing under the circumstances. Sometimes in life you have to sacrifice for the ideals you believe in.

Have a nice day everyone!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about the double post...don't know how that happened, like Sami I must be trigger happy :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Maureen – Brady is communicating with through a blue-tooth ear-piece. Apparently there is a receiver/transmitter in the sarcophagus. So, the sound isn’t coming through the video monitor and only Brady can hear Vivian.

Bo gives her his tough-buy look, "I'm calling the shots now."

1. If that was supposed to be “tough-guy look” – yeah, right Brady. As if you have anything to say over the state-run prison system.

2. If that WAS “tough-buy” look, is he going to refuse to let anyone buy anything off the NBC e-shop or from the Hopeless jewelry line?

Either way works for me.

Lucas walks by, "That large and lonely guy better not be Carmine. I'm still carrying a torch for him."

While reading Rafe’s statement, just about the same thing occurred to me. LOL

Here’s my OFPS moment:
You mean the same legal system that let me rot in jail…

Now at this point, I thought she was talking about the time she served for selling drugs. But then….

…while the real perpetrator — A COP — was out committing more crimes?

Come on! I wouldn’t call spending a couple of weeks in the Salem pokey as the Salem Mugger suspect on the level of “rotting away”. LOLOL

Rafe calls Tiffany and asks her to put in a request for him to take the rest of the week off.

Like, how would his office know the difference? Has he even been in to work in days?

Great pictures and great recap. Couldn’t get to it for a while, but it will certainly help get me through the afternoon.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs