Thursday, September 09, 2010

A Bag Of Empty Threats

Stefano and Sami are still quibbling outside EJ's room. Lexie comes out. Stefano asks if EJ woke up. Lexie rolls her eyes and gives everyone the look of death.

Will comes into the pub and asks where Sami is. Caroline tells him Sami was there but went to the hospital. Will wonders what's up. Caroline doesn't know, but says it doesn't look good.

Lexie says, "EJ opening his eyes was an involuntary brain reflex, but that's a good sign since most things in his brain are involuntary."

Rafe goes to get Sami water. Kate comes up, "We need to talk." Sami agrees to meet her in the waiting area.

Kate leaves and Rafe comes back. Sami wants to get rid of him so when he asks if there is anything else he can get she tells him she wants a banana and asks him to run to the Congo to get a fresh one. Rafe tells her he loves her and takes off. Sami crushes her cup and heads for Kate.

Chloe tells Carly about her elevator caper. Carly figures Chloe saved her life by pushing her out of the way and taking the fall for her. A few more braincells and Carly would be a cabbage.

Vivian gushes over the sarcophagus. Gus Sarcopha wonders if this is a good plan. "Shut up, Mr. Gloom and Doom," snorts Vivian. Gus asks if Vivian will eventually set Maggie free. She assures him she will, and says she wants to test it.

"You can't get in there," gasps Gus.

"I'm not," says Vivian, "You are."

Kate asks what Sami did after their phone conversation.

Ian leaves. Nathan seethes. Stephanie insists he's just there working on the hospital computer system. Nathan ain' buyin' what Stephanie is sellin', "You're hiding something and I know what it is."

Melanie comes out into Daniel's living room and says the caterer is booked. Maggie suggests Chez Rouge. Melanie accepts, "I wish you could help me plan the shower. But I'm not trying to make you feel bad. Just guilty for leaving." Maggie says her plans are flexible and maybe she can stay a little longer. Melanie is overjoyed, "Is there any way I can talk you into not going at all?"

"You could promise to leave town."

Will runs up to Rafe in the pub. Rafe tells him about EJ getting shot. Will heads for the hospital. Rafe turns to Caroline, "What direction is the Congo?"

Abe is at the hospital on his cell phone. He gets off and tells Lexie and Stefano he doesn't know how long they can keep the shooting under wraps, "We got forensics on the bullet. The results are revealing. "It appears to have been shot from a gun."

Buzz vegetates. We get a flashback to the wedding kerfuffle.

Sami insists she went to sleep after the phone call and did not shoot EJ. Kate doesn't believe her. She asks if Sami told anyone what EJ was up to. Sami says she didn't have the chance. She insists she would do anything for her kids but didn't have the opportunity to plug EJ.

"OOOOOO... KKKKKKK...," says Kate, "I believe you." Translation: She also believes in the Tooth Fairy. "Stefano is suspicious of you, so we shouldn't mention my little phone call."

"Good point," says Sami, "Nobody needs to know."

Carly says she believes Chloe, "We need to put this behind us."

Chloe is relieved, "Thank you. Wow. Except... even if you do forgive me I don't know if everything will be OK because Vivian could ruin it."

Gus sarcophagizes himself. Vivian closes the lid. Gus looks around in the dim light as Vivian talks into her microphone. Gus sees her on the monitor and says everything is working. Vivian is ecstatic.

Victor and Ciara sit facing each other at the beach. Ciara beats him at checkers. Too bad for Victor he bet her his shipping empire against Tommy Bear. Maggie somehow has worked her way to the beach and stands in the bushes and watches. Ciara says Hope taught her to play and she misses her, "I don't want to live with daddy and Carly. I want to live with you and all your money."

Sami goes into a waiting area alone, huffs and puffs. She flashes back to the shooting, "I just wasn't thinking straight. OMG! what have I done?"

Abe describes the gun that was used on EJ. Stefano says they don't keep guns in the house. Abe wonders if it was a professional hit. Stefano suddenly decides he's ill and says he has to go home.

Will finds Sami. Fortunately she isn't still talking to herself. Sami rambles. Will fires the opening volley, "I know what you did."

Nathan says Ian has a major crush on Stephanie. Stephanie admits it and says he has had a thing for her since college, "But he's just a friend."

"I can relate," says Nathan, "I have a crush on you too."

Melanie and Daniel are alone. She says she wishes Maggie weren't going, "I'm worried about her. Sometimes, late at night, I can hear her crying and talking to Mickey. It's awful."

"I can understand that," says Daniel, "What's so awful about it?"

"I can hear Mickey talking back."

Gus is getting sarcophaphobia, "The toxic paint in here is getting to me. It's driving me mad."

"That will be a short trip," says Vivian.

Vivian switches to the other camera and Gus sees Vivian's bedroom. She asks him to get really loud, and cuts off all communication. Gus totally freaks and screams at the top of his lungs. Outside, Vivian hears nothing. She's delighted at the way things are working out, "Maggie, no one will know you are here."

Victor says he'd love to have Ciara live with him but it wouldn't work. Ciara says she doesn't like Carly, but Victor reminds her she loves her dad and asks her do to it for him. "I love you grandpa."

"I love you too," says the old softie. Maggie leaves.

Rafe is in with EJ, "Damn you, EJ. You can't die. That would be too easy. I want to make you pay for what you have done to Sami." Arianna comes in and tells him to stop it. If EJ had any less privacy the Marine Corps Marching band would come in next.

Will repeats, "I know what you did last night... to EJ."

Chloe says Vivian knows they are friends and could figure out they are keeping secrets from Daniel. Carly says she will handle Vivian.

Gus is back out of the sarcophagus and is totally rattle, "I have never been so terrified in my life." He begs her not to do this to Maggie.

Daniel is at the Kiriakis mansion. Ciara tells him she's going to make cookies with Julie. She's off and Daniel walks into the den to talk to Victor. He says Ciara needs family support and Maggie is abandoning her. Daniel tells him Maggie is sticking around for a while.

Maggie walks into her kitchen, "He's a pain, arrogant, selfish, stubborn... a typical male. Deep down he can be a good man." She stops herself, "Maggie, what are you thinking. He's married!" Melanie bustles in. Maggie says she's changed her mind and has to leave as planned.

Melanie wonders why, "Did Victor upset you?"

"This has nothing to do with him," insists Maggie.

Melanie whines, "I am so disappointed in you." Maggie's huffs.

Kate and Stefano are in the rumpus room. He digs into the desk, pulls out a gun box and opens it to find it empty, "I knew it!"

Will snorts, "Do not play games with me. I was at the DiMeras. I saw you!"

Nathan and Stephanie walk out of the bedroom, apparently having completed another round of naughtiness. He puts on his watch as Steponme says, "I'll see you later. I love you."

"I love you, too," says Nathan. He leaves. Stephanie gets on her phone and tells Ian Nathan is gone and asks how she can prove Chloe switched the paternity results.

"You have to get on her computer. I need her IP address, or at least I need you to send me an email from it."

Stephanie wonders, "How am I gonna pull that off?"

Daniel tells Victor Maggie has agreed to stay. "Good," says Victor, "Ciara would miss her a lot."

"She isn't the only one," says Daniel.

Melanie says she thinks Maggie is running away from her problems, "You always tell me I shouldn't do that."

"Don't expect me to follow my own advice," says Maggie.

Melanie suggests, "This thing with Victor is serious."

Maggie gasps, "NO! it can't be!"

Carly walks in as Vivian lectures Gus. I guess one of Carly's hobbies is strolling through cemeteries and touring crypts. "It doesn't seem fair," says Carly, "All these dead people and you're still alive. You won't get away with it this time."

Rafe and Arianna have left EJ's room. "EJ has to pay," says Rafe.

"Don't you think his insurance will cover this," asks Arianna.

Stefano says, "The gun is missing." The empty gun box must have tipped him off.

Will says, "I saw you leaving the DiMera's mansion last night right after the police say EJ was shot."

Sami tries evasive action. She blows up about Will going back to the DiMera's after he knew what EJ had done. Will says he needed to talk to Stefano and asks why she went there, "I heard you. I was by the pool. I heard you shouting EJ's name. I waited and saw you come out and you were carrying something that looked like a gun."

"That was my new gun-shaped purse," says Sami, "Why did you go back there."

Will gets to the point, "You did it, didn't you? You shot EJ."

Vivian is indignant, "This is a sacred place."

"Cut it out," says Carly, "You think of mausoleums the way some people think of rec rooms."

Vivian threatens, "If you don't leave I will have you removed."

Gus takes a few ominous steps toward Carly. Carly smacks him in the chest, "Back off, buddy. The last time we had a fight your bony ass ended up on the floor."

Arianna says, "I get what it has been like for you... drama... hop into bed with Sami... agony... hop into bed with Sami... angst... hop into bed with Sami... It must've been horrible to watch EJ do what he did, but you should think about Sami, not him. She doesn't want a guy who is all about hating EJ. She wants a man to help her put her life together."

Snivelin' Sami sat on a wall.
Snivelin' Sami had a great fall.
All the kings horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Sami together again.

Stefano figures the missing gun is the one that was used to shoot EJ. Kate thinks it still could have been a professional hit. Stefano thinks Sami knew about the gun because she lived there. Kate asks, "You think Sami shot EJ?"

"Yes."

Sami babbles and says they don't have anything to talk about. She insists she didn't have a gun when Will saw her. Will backs her into a corner. Sami tells him to keep his voice down, "I'm just thinking about my kids."

"If you were ever with them, you could do more than think about them," says Will, "Is that why you shot EJ? Because of your kids?"

Sami gasps, "You think I could do something like that?"

"Yes," says Will, "Especially after what he did. But he is Johnny and Sydney's father. Did you think about that?"

"Thinking isn't my strong suit," says Sami.

Rafe interrupts, "What's going on?"

Melanie thinks there is something going on between Maggie and Victor. Maggie insists not. "Maggie," says Melanie, "I believe the lady doth protest too much."

Maggie reminds her, "He is married!" In Salem all marriage licenses are written in pencil.

"Both partners in a marriage have to be human," says Melanie, "I think you are just running away from this."

"Discretion is the better part of valor," says Maggie.

"She who gets cold feet and runs away can come back and play another day."

Stephanie shows up at Chloe's place. Chloe lets her in, "What can I do for you?"

Carly confronts Vivian about trying to kill her again. Vivian claims it's ancient history. "You've got to be kidding me," says Carly, "If you think that you are one taco short of a combination platter."

"And you are a bag of empty threats," growls Vivian, "You can't touch me."

Carly snaps, "You wanna bet?"

The audience chants, "CAT FIGHT! CAT FIGHT!"

Arianna is in with EJ, "I've been thinking."

"I haven't," says Buzz.

"Your relationship with Sami was a perfect storm," says Arianna, "What you did was horrible. But you don't deserve this. I know you believe what you did was wrong and you were trying to change."

Stefano runs through the evidence against Sami, "Why would she risk everything?" Kate flashes back to the phone call. "What was so urgent about last night," asks Stefano, "The timing does not make sense. Then again, what about Sami Brady makes sense? "

Rafe wants to know what's going on. "I was just making things worse," says Will, "I'm good at that."

"That's not true," says Sami, "You're excellent at it."

"I'm just whacked out about things," says Will. He asks if EJ will die. Rafe dunno.

Rafe gets a call, "We wouldn't want it to be easy, would we?" He gets off and says there is no word on the street there was a contract on EJ.

Will asks, "They think this was a paid hit?"

"What else would it be," asks Dudley Doright.


NOTE – you can now follow Prevuze on twitter at: http://twitter.com/prevuze

Prevuze II has a video of the daily show previews, which should be available by noon (EST) on any given day. To see Prevuze II: CLICK HERE


10 Comments:

Anonymous Bergenstein said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Three day old roadkill, good one!! LOL! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lexie rolls her eyes and gives everyone the look of death

The viewers also roll their eyes and die of boredom!

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many computers are there in Salem? Is Stephonie going to get the IP address of every one? Are they going to shoe her getting the address of every one? Am I going to be watching this?

Answers: too many, yes, yes, and a resounding NO!

Viv/Maggie = snoozerville

EJ, please WAKE UP!

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Leslie said...

Rafe goes to get Sami water.

First the brandy, then the coffee, and now the water – the Rafester has turned into Sami’s personal beverage boy…hmmmmmm. Was there a shot fired from the grassy knoll? Is Oliver Stone directing this stuff? Am I caffeine deprived? Does anyone care? Discuss amongst yourselves.

Lexie says, "EJ opening his eyes was an involuntary brain reflex, but that's a good sign since most things in his brain are involuntary."

…and

A few more braincells and Carly would be a cabbage.

There seems to be a dearth of brain cells in Salem. A comatose EJ has more brain activity than the majority of the denizens walking about the fair burg.

Stefano says they don't keep guns in the house.

A crime boss without a gun hidden in every knock and cranny of his fortress? If Abe believed that one, there’s a bridge in Brooklyn he might like to buy.

Will fires the opening volley, "I know what you did."

You sent Rafe for a banana. Instead of stopping at Piggly Wiggly, the doofus is heading for the Congo.

Arianna comes in and tells him to stop it. If EJ had any less privacy the Marine Corps Marching band would come in next.

You are so right Prevuze. I’m going to assume that EJ is in intensive care, so visits are monitored closely. Since there’s a guard posted outside EJ’s room, Rafe should never have been allowed to enter.

Arianna says, "I get what it has been like for you... drama... hop into bed with Sami... agony... hop into bed with Sami... angst... hop into bed with Sami...

Arianna knows where Rafe’s thought process begins, and it’s not between his shoulders.

Vivian and the sarcophagus…sigh. There is something sick and twisted about this scenario and not in a good way. When Vivian was telling Victor that she planned to disinter Isabella, Victor was far too cavalier about it. I thought it was unbelievable that he didn’t seem to care that wacky Vivian was moving his daughter’s body. I’m not that easily offended but I did find it a bit sacrilegious that the writers thought it was amusing to have Isabella buried next to Pookie. Is a pet cemetery consecrated grounds? Let's move on to the extremely sordid scenes of Sami and Rafe romping juxtaposed with those of EJ bleeding from the gunshot wound. Romantic? Hardly! Shocking? You bet! There’s something so mean spirited about this whole mess, and this is the stuff that's supposed to save Daze. Bleh!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Applecheeks said...

Kate asks what Sami did after their phone conversation.

Like Sami would tell her anything. It reminds me of the SPD’s usual method of “getting to the bottom of things”. Rather than doing any actual investigative police work, Bo (or Roman or Hope or Abe) go to the suspect (a Dimera or Kiriakis) and ask, did you (attack, kill, stalk, look funny at) (a Brady or a Horton)? When the alledged perp says, “No”, we get a snarl and another lame declaration that “this isn’t over”.

Why do the writers have characters asking these stupid questions? Why am I asking these stupid questions? LOL

"You're hiding something and I know what it is."

A typical Salem statement when, of course, he doesn’t. Did Stephanie have the typical Salem reaction to that – the Frozen Salem Stare of Concern? (Similar to the Salem Doctor Stare of Death, but without the furrowed brow and slight frown.)

Victor and Ciara sit facing each other at the beach.

Somehow I can’t picture Victor in swim trunks and a Hawaiian shirt. Is he wearing a suit & tie to the beach? Inquiring minds……

Will fires the opening volley, "I know what you did."

Re: my previous rant. I'm actually shocked. This has to be a first. A character saying, "I know what you did" who actually DOES know. Will wonders never cease?

Great snark today. Prevuze always comes through when the show doesn't. Thanks!

PS: word verification micki Which reminded me, I loved the prevuism of Melanie hearing Maggie talking to Micki and him talking back.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Bulldog said...

I guess one of Carly's hobbies is strolling through cemeteries and touring crypts. This place and the infamous docks are like Grand Central. I think everyone in Salem needs to get a hobby.

Stefano says, "The gun is missing." When EJ went over to the desk and got the gun didn't he just pull the drawer out and pull out the gun and then staggered upstairs? (In other words, they didn't show him putting bullets in the gun did they?) So they had a loaded gun in a drawer in the rumpus room with all those kids in the house? I think they all flunked parenting 101.

I'm sorry, but I do NOT get any of this Steponme crap about finding out who changed the results. What in the world does it matter? If she finds out what's she going to do about it? She can't reveal anything to anyone because she thinks Nathan will dump her sorry butt (I hope so). The only point of this is to provide a lame excuse to drag Kayla back to counsel her. Geez!

At least we've had a reprieve from Mopey Hope. Although I'm probably jinxing that now that I've thought it. HA

Loved "But that's a good sign since most things in his brain are involuntary" and "Is there any way I can talk you into not going at all?" "You could promise to leave town."

Thanks for brightening a gloomy day, Prevuze!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, please just let Will sell Sami out and get this BS OVER WITH!!!!!!!

"We got forensics on the bullet. The results are revealing. "It appears to have been shot from a gun."

That's a good one. That's good old SPD detective work.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Betyar said...

"Gus is getting sarcophaphobia... It's driving me mad."...THIS s/l is driving me mad!!!...Oh, for crying out loud just put her in it and close the lid!...I hate nothing more than empty threats! Is it me, or does this plot invoke nothing but a gagging reflux?

Well, as the world waits for EJ to wake up and mumble his first words(it doesn't take much to please this audience)...I was actually thinking I could use a personal beverage boy like the Rafester around...to get me coffee, or water, or tea or whatever the heck beverage he wants to get me... :)

Have a good day everyone!

11:36 AM  
Anonymous BStein said...

A bag of steaming s***! Is more like it. Better title.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Susan said...

Ok, guess I have to change my mind about the direction of Sami/EJ storyline; at the moment it isn't a dream and Sami believes she did it. As another said, perhaps there was someone behind a door or the grassy knoll who actually fired the shot (magically simultaneously) to shoot EJ and Sami will be off the proverbial hook.

I see this storyline having EJ survive quite well - but OHMYGOSH - have memory loss! He'll remember everything up until the middle of the wedding, then nothing. Sami will feel so guilty (and the doctors will tell her how fragile EJ is - that she has to pretend) that she'll say she married him.

Then she'll fall in love with him again (not like she ever fell out of love, she's just mad right now. I think she realizes they have both equally done wrong). Of course, she'll have to also realize the Rafester is nothing but a snooze-a-thon.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs