Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Roommates With Privileges

"Gin," says John as he throws down his cards and smiles at Belle. Marlena says, "I was thinking of something more like tea." Belle pouts. Marlena asks how she is holding up.

Belle keeps thinking about how depressed she was when she had Claire. She had a perfect, beautiful little gift and just couldn't be happy about it. Ironically, however, being unhappy is exactly what makes Belle happy. And now she's actually lost a baby. She knows letting Phillip go was the right thing to do. She thanks God she has Marlena and John, but can't help feeling alone.

Shawn shows up at the door. He brought a couple gifts for Belle. Marlena senses something is wrong. "I just had a fender-bender," he says, "with Victor's couch." Marlena invites him in. Belle wonders what he is doing there.

Mimi and Phillip leave their respective apartments. They meet outside and Phillip tells her he's out of there for good. Mimi stares.

Sami asks what Lucas said. Lucas says she heard him. He has feelings for her. Sami lays into him. A week ago he was devoted to her sister. Lucas says, "A week ago he I trying to convince myself I wasn't bored with your sister. I was avoiding the truth. I want you Sami. I always have and I always will."

EJ eavesdrops, "Oh dear, Lucas, your mommy isn't going to be very happy."

EJ transports himself to Kate's office. "You're late," says Kate

"Sami kept her knickers on," he reports, "I was seducing the little tramp but it got stopped."

Kate is sarcastic, "How hard can it be to get her into bed? Half the town has done it."

"And if the other half of the town works at it, they all will have had you both," says EJ, "I could have seduced her before we got out of the parking lot, but your son put a stop to it."

Lucas claims he was only interested in Carrie because he couldn't have Sami. Lucas the lost puppy has a poor memory. Sami says she doesn't want anything to do with him. Lucas says he loved Carrie but it's not like what he had with Sami. Sami says she can't go on this journey with him again. It's too exhausting. Lucas presses. Sami is the only one that makes him happy. Sami says what she wants is to be able to go on a date without having to worry about pranks". She claims she is over him.

Lucas grabs her, "Look me in the eye when you say that."

Shawn hands Belle a sack with presents inside. John suggests he and Doc go check out the stars. On the balcony she tells him not to ask her to wish upon a star. She would wish Shawn and Belle and Claire could become a family. He asks if that would be a bad thing. He tells her Belle is happy because they are all together. Marlena says she promised herself she would tell him the truth about their relationship, "I have a confession to make."

Shawn says it's kind of a get-well gift. He pulls a book out of the bag, "1001 Jokes." He thought she needed a laugh. There is also a stuffed turtle inside for Claire. He says if he hadn't pushed the paternity suit her blood pressure wouldn't have gone so high. Belle asks if that is why he dropped the suit, because he feels guilty. Shawn says, "It's more than that. It was how good Phillip is with Claire. I realized I'm too selfish to be a good father."

"No you're not," insists Belle.

"I was only thinking about what I want," says Shawn, "I wasn't thinking about what you want."

"Now you're on the right track," says Belle.

Mimi begs Phillip not to just walk out on Belle and Claire. Phillip says Belle might be relieved if he leaves. He says he asked her point blank if she wanted a future with him, "She couldn't say yes." Mimi thinks this is all her fault. Phillip thinks her lie actually did some good. It gave him the best year of his life. He tells Mimi Shawn dropped the paternity suit.

Mimi wails, "After all the hell he put me through he's not interested in raising Claire?"

"No," says Phillip, "I just think he was confused like we all are."

"They don't call us the clueless quad for nothing," says Mimi. Mimi begs him to stay and fight. He wonders why it matters to her. She says she doesn't like what she has become. She wants to change.

Phillip says, "I'm sorry, Meems. I'm gong to miss you, but I don't belong here any more."

Prevuze

"I played by the rules and in the end it didn't matter because she didn't want me," says Phillip.

Lucas says, "You can't do it, can you? You can't look me in the eye and tell me."

"Wanna bet," says Sami. She looks him in the eye, "I don't care about you."

"I know you Sami..."

Sami says, "I wanted you to move in for Will, not so we could be roommates with privileges. What does this tell you – get out! Take a hike!"

Will comes in as Sami says this and yells, "I knew you'd ruin it! You always do!"

Kate says, "The one thing Sami has over Lucas was sex, which is why I wanted you to seduce her. I overestimated your abilities."

"You underestimated your son," says EJ, "That little lapdog followed us all evening." He tells her about Will and Lucas' antics, "Even a man of my considerable talents finds it hard to seduce a woman with a stink bomb going off and a sprinkler raining down on us." He mentions Sami and Lucas are living together. Kate expresses the appropriate shocked reaction.

Phillip says there is one thing he would like Mimi to do, "When Claire gets older I would like you to tell her about me, how much I love her." He packs a picture of him and Claire and bolts.

Meems screams, "Phillip! You don't really want to do this!" Phillip leaves. Mimi says, "I can't let him go through with this."

Marlena says, "Something happened in NJ."

"You could have fooled the viewers," says John.

Marlena thought she would never see John again. She realized she is scared about their relationship. Being here with him and Belle and Claire is terrifying to her. It would be to anybody. "The thought of losing you terrifies me. That's why I run."

"In other words," says John, "You're terrified of being away from me so you run away from me. That's very profound in a DOOL kinda way."

John wants to know what she needs, what he can do. "You can hold me and not let go of me and help me be brave enough to stay," says Marlena.

John will try but if she wants to go no one can change her mind, "You want me here don't you?"

"Of course I do," says Marlena, "I love you, but you already know that don't you?"

Belle says she wants Shawn, "It's complicated. At first I was confused."

"At first," asks Shawn.

Belle swoons, "I'm a little weak but I need to say this. I was a little confused and then I talked to Carrie. And now I'm a whole lot confused."

Flashback to Shawn listening at Belle's hospital door. Shawn's dark side makes an appearance, "There is nothing to explain. Some things aren't meant to be. Tell your parents I said goodbye." He heads for the door.

"What about Claire," asks Belle.

"She already has a good family," snorts Shawn, "I can't play house. I'm selfish. See you around."

"Yeah, see you around," huffs Belle as she hurls '1001 Jokes' at the door.

Will rants. The three of them were supposed to be a family but Sami's going out on dates. He is sick of being sucked into believing everything will be OK. Sami says he misunderstood, "Tell him Lucas."

"Yeah," says Lucas, "Your mom wasn't trying to throw me out."

"Yeah," says Sami, "When I said 'get out,' I meant the three of us should get out more often. And when I said 'pack up' I meant pack up a picnic. And when I said 'take a hike' I meant a family hike.

The kid buys it. Sami says Lucas and she will do anything for him. He asks if they can take the hike this weekend. They decide they're all in. Will goes back to bed.

Lucas says that sounds like a good idea. Sami says she has to go and runs out.

Will comes back out and asks what the real deal is. Lucas says, "We're way ahead and EJ is so far behind he can't see us."

Kate can't figure out what benefit it is to Will to live with bickering parents. She tells EJ to ramp up the seduction, "Just give her a cheap box of chocolates and a three dollar bottle of wine."

"It might take more than that," says EJ, "Limburger cheese seems to work ."

Kate says, "Please don't tell me this is more than business to you."

Maggie greets Shawn at Chez Rouge. She says she heard about Belle losing the baby. She sits him down and says she owes him for bringing Willow to her, "You might have mentioned she was a hooker."

"I figured you'd see it on her resume," says Shawn, "Would you have hired her if you would have known?"

"Probably not." Maggie thinks she's lovely and a good employee. She wonders how Shawn saw all that in her. He says he just got it talking to her. Maggie wonders if he dropped by to see her or Willow.

The doorbell wakes Belle. Mimi. She tells her Phillip is leaving town. Belle wonders, "What about Claire? This is all my fault." Mimi says she is the only person who can stop him. She offers to drive her to the airport.

Willow watches as Maggie says Shawn doesn't have to answer. He says he came here to see Maggie and was hoping to see Willow. Willow smiles and comes to the table. Maggie tells her to have a seat since her shift is over. Willow tells Shawn she likes the new job, "It's certainly better than the old one." Maggie helped her get a room at the YWCA. She asks if Shawn is OK.

"No," says Shawn, "Things are worse than when I met you."

"You're hurt," says Willow, "I can make you feel better."

"You don't have to do that," says Shawn, "

"I want to," says Willow.

Mimi and Belle see Phillip at the airport. Belle hesitates, "I don't know if it's the right thing to do."

Kate asks, "What is it about you men and Sami?"

"Everything about her says sex," says EJ, "She's fun in bed. It shows."

"She's not the only one," says Kate, "She's just blatant."

"I've had my suspicions about others...," says EJ, "You for instance. Of course, there is a tiny possibility I could be wrong."

Kate smiles, "Or maybe not." Kiss.

Will says unless Lucas really believes they should be together they will never make it. He tells him to get started. He doesn't want to be part of their games any more. Lucas says he thinks all three of them belong together.

Sami knocks on Kate's door. Kate and EJ clean up their act. EJ beats a hasty retreat as Kate opens the door.

Sami tells her she's looking for EJ, "Have you seen him? I wanted to apologize for our date."

Kate barks, "I'm not a messenger service. I'm going to get back to work." Slam.

"Bitch!"

Kate tells EJ Sami is gone, "Apparently Lucas isn't keeping her busy. She doesn't want him as much as she wants you. However, I was here first." EJ wheels her onto the desk.

Marlena reads a note from Belle saying she is on an errand and asks if they will listen for Claire. John wonders why that makes her cry.

Marlena says, "It's being home with you and having Belle here and our grandchild in the nursery. That's our life."

John says, "It's a nice life."

Marlena says, "It's a wonderful life. And I'm never going to leave it again. She drags him toward the stairs.

Shawn can't let Willow do this. "But I want to," says Willow, "Call it a mini-vacation. When you go to bed with someone you care about it's like going to Bermuda."

"Is that how you see sex," says Shawn.

"No," she says, "That's how I see making love."

"I've never been to Bermuda," says Shawn, "I was with Belle once, so I guess I've been to Hoboken."

"Let me take you."

"On one condition," says Shawn, "Let this be a date." He pulls her chair out." Maggie comes up to the table. Shawn tells her he doesn't have time for his food. He has a date. Maggie had thought of that. She hands him his meal in a brown paper bag. Shawn and Willow walk out together.

Maggie says, "Uh-oh."

Phillip buys a one-way ticket and boards. Mimi runs to stop him but Belle stops her, "He deserves better than what I can give him."

Phillip leaves. FF on bawling, blubbering Belle.


Previews
========

Sami yells, "Lucas, I swear to God, if you pull another stunt like that again, you are out of here!"

The brat tells Kate, "I want my mom and dad back together and I'm willing to stop at nothing until that happens, so what do I do?"

Patrick tells Hope, "I want us to be together and I am prepared to do whatever it takes to make that happen."

Shawn asks, "Did you come here for any particular reason." Bo says, "Yeah, I am worried about you. You obviously need help before it's too damn late."

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Prevuze as usual. God, I hope this show doesn't start getting good. You might be out of satire. BUWAHAHA! Who am I kidding?
Sad that when I read this; "The brat tells Kate, "I want my mom and dad back together...". I don't know if it's Sami or Chelsea!!

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Philip. At least he went out with some backbone still in tact.

When Shawn showed up with a "sack of presents for Belle", first thing I thought was, "I hope it isn't a stink bomb or sack of poo." HAHAHA

Great Prevuze. Loved the pictures as always.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"I hope this show doesn't start getting good. You might be out of satire. "

We had that same concern. Then when they brought the new Shawn on board we were afraid they would make him mature and intelligent (and therefore completely incompatible with Belle). But then they had him take a joy ride in Victor's living room. HAHAHAHAHAHA! That's good for about five years of material right there.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"The brat tells Kate, "I want my mom and dad back together...". I don't know if it's Sami or Chelsea!!"

The Lumi's will come after you for that one.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"When Shawn showed up with a "sack of presents for Belle", first thing I thought was, "I hope it isn't a stink bomb or sack of poo." HAHAHA"

Belle would get over it. As long as the presents were for her.

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - I must have missed something....they never addressed who put Marlena in a box in a storage unit in New Jersey, did they? I read every day and haven't seen the first explanation. I would also expect to see John "on the case". What gives?

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The brat tells Kate, "I want my mom and dad back together...". I don't know if it's Sami or Chelsea!!" I had to re-read it to make sure you didn't mean Will! Wow, there's alot of brats on this show, we can't keep them all straight!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"they never addressed who put Marlena in a box in a storage unit in New Jersey, did they?"

Continuity? You want continuity? Have you considered another show? Here is the skinny as Prevuze understands it. The former writer, who's name we cannot bear to mention because he was such a JERk, concocted this idocy where Marlena would be kidnapped in a plot which would drag out for months. The new writer recognized the stupidity of yet another kidnapping scheme so it got scotched under the new regime.

Now we are to believe this will all be woven into the Eve Michaels, Brady family harrasment plot becuase Marlena is indeed, technically, a Brady. We checked our powerful computers to get a list of all of Marlena's multitude of former husbands and just before the black smoke started rolling out, we determined that Marlena was once married to Roman Brady, so there's her connection.

It has occured to us that, although Marlena is out of the box, that is where DOOL writers need to start thinking in order to perk up this tired old show.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

""The brat tells Kate, "I want my mom and dad back together...". I don't know if it's Sami or Chelsea!!" I had to re-read it to make sure you didn't mean Will! Wow, there's alot of brats on this show, we can't keep them all straight!"

Good observation. There are indeed a lot of brats on this show. We typically have reserved the title "the brat" for Chelsea. Also "the snot," "teen slut," and, my personal favorite, "virgin slut." I realize continuously referring to her as "the brat" is a bit overworked but old habits die hard.

10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great prevuze again! haha on the brat comment.

is there any way to get prevuze as an rss feed?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"is there any way to get prevuze as an rss feed?"

You can add it manually in any news aggregator. For example in NewsGator you would click on "Add Feeds" and then enter the URL on the "URL & Import" tab.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prevuze, you were on a roll today. Not only the recap, but your comments were smokin'!

Speaking of...don't let the super computers overheat too much. We can't lose our daily feed of Prevuze.

MWWUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what's with no explanation whatsoever about Marlena being stuffed in a box? Nobody wonders what happened to her, nobody asked, and she acts like nothing happened. The police in NJ didn't have to question her or anything. How bizarre.

And what's with the car wrecks on this show. First Max's car blows up like an explosion at an oil refinery, and he's not even hurt. Then Shawn's car smashes through Victor's house, and the car doesn't even look dented. And there were no fire trucks or police cars, no neighbors called 911, no screaming or anything. And of course, nobody gets hurt. As if.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs