Friday, September 29, 2006

Salem Location Revealed

We received this inquiry this week which we never got around to answering.

Q: Vampire Bear said... Prevuze, help! This is driving me nuts now that I am actually seeing it. How can they sail around the world if they are leaving from a port somewhere in the MidWest? Unless they are leaving from a suburb of Chicago which could in theory be connected to Lake Michigan which I think may somehow lead outside of the country somehow.

A: After years of searching, based on information in the show, knowing such things as Salem is near the sea, a convenient drive from New York, a convenient drive from Chicago, near the 32nd parallel, has cold winters, is located in the Midwest and other things, researchers have finally determined the location of Salem...

Prevuze


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your're SO right! I have often wondered this myself. This can be the only answer! I love your site. It's the first one I check every morning, and it always starts my day off with a good laugh. I love the way you see the humor in even the lamest of storylines. I am just as devoted to your site as I am to DOOL.

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband wants to know if he can order enlargements of Mimi's picture. HAHAHAHAHA!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"My husband wants to know if he can order enlargements of Mimi's picture. "

Just a thought but, it almost looks like something in that picture has already been enlarged...

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This MUST be the answer to where Salem is! Not only Because of all the locator clues that Prevuze lists, but Salem is within a half-hour drive from the mountains and Green Mountain Lodge, within 5-10 minute small-engine plane ride to the Caribbean, accessible to the Hawaain islands by private submarine, not to mention large enough to have an airport that handles non-stop flights to every city in the world at 30 minute intervals!

I believe the DOOL writers need a geography lesson. HAHAHA

12:35 PM  
Blogger Vampire Bear said...

Thank you so much, Prevuze! You really are the best.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another mystery...is Salem a small town or a big city? Seems like years ago, they always made like it was a smallish town. Then when they started the whole Stephano/organized crime thing, it turned into a big city (international airport, "mean streets", etc.) However, characters still say things like "Everyone in Salem knows..." as if it's a small town. Last week Will refered to "Salem High" as if there's only one high school in the town.

Thanks Prevuze. I'm so glad I found this site; now I don't have to waste an hour every day watching the show.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs