Friday, September 29, 2006

Lie, Cheat And Manipulate

Bo and Hope wait in the hospital. Bo thinks Hope must be exhausted. He offers to take her home. Hope doesn’t want to go. She can't help remembering they thought Belle would be their daughter-in-law. And now she and Shawn will have two children together, "Things have a strange way of working out, don't they."

"Strange for a normal town, but this is Salem," says Bo, "Put your head on my shoulder and get some rest. Do it for the baby. Your baby." Hope relents.

Belle tells Phillip she's feeling OK. He wants her to take it easy when she gets home. Her health is the most important thing. She thanks him for feeling that way even though the baby isn't his. Phillip thinks he could have done a better job of handling the Claire thing, "My satanic rampage was a little over the top, wasn't it? We have to get past this and move on. I will not abandon my family. We can go back to the way it was. Say you believe that, too."

"I can't," whines Belle.

Shawn stands open jawed and listens to Mimi and Bonnie talk over the baby monitor. Mimi spills the beans. She knew about Claire all along. Bonnie says Shawn won't find out and she and Shawn will live happily ever after. Shawn nukes.

Billie gets home and finds the brat sitting there. The brat has been waiting for Billie to arrive with her phone. She tells Billie she went back into the diner to look for it. Billie says she didn't see her come in. "You were busy," says the brat, "I saw you kissing Steve Johnson."

Kate arrives and asks Bo what has been going on. Bo is upset Kate woke up Hope. He gives the Belle report. Kate starts to go in but Bo tells her Belle and Phillip need time alone.

Belle tells Phillip things can't go back to the way they were. Phillip hems and haws. He presses. He says their commitment to each other won't change. Poor Belle. It's all just too much for her. Her machine goes berserk. The nurse comes in and announces the baby's heart rate is dropping.

Claire has finally conked out. Bonnie tells Mimi she can now get ready for her romantic dinner. Mimi starts to go over to her apartment, but the Shawninator crashes through the door and screams, "YOU KNEW! YOU KNEW ALL THIS TIME! YOU KNEW!"

Mimi plays dumb. It's not much of a stretch, "What are you talking about?"

"I'll give you a clue," screams Shawn, "You left the baby monitor on!"

The blood drains from Mimi and Bonnie's faces as they throw each other a look. Bonnie steps in with damage control, "Whatever you heard is a misunderstanding. Meems, tell him it's not what he thinks." Silence. Bonnie is desperate, "OK! Fine! The big secret was a dinner."

"Stop lying to me," says Shawn, "I know what I heard."

Mimi knows she's busted. She steps in front of Bonnie and yells, "You're right. IT'S A LIE. I have been keeping a secret from you. I did know that Claire was yours."

Shawn contorts, "How did you know?"

"I overheard nurses at the hospital," says Mimi, "Then Mom checked and found out it was true. I'm sorry."

Shawn is totally unhinged, "I can't believe this! YOU'RE SORRY? I have a daughter and you don't even tell me!"

"I have hated myself for not having the guts to tell you," says Mimi.

"Am I supposed to feel better," asks Shawn, "I thought I could trust you. I loved you."

Bonnie tries again, "I put the fear of God in Mimi to make sure she wouldn't tell you. If you want to be angry, be angry with me."

The brat is disgusted. Billie and Patch were doing it out in the open. "We weren't tearing each others clothes off," says Billie.

"Eeeewwwww," says the brat, "I could have gone without hearing that. Are you sleeping with him?"

"No," says Billie.

"But you want to," says the brat, "What is your problem? I thought you were done with married men. You say one thing and then do another."

The nurse files through the waiting room and tells Bo and Hope the baby is in distress.

Dr. Ross is in with Belle. She asks if anything upset her. "Everything upsets me," says Belle.

Dr. Ross thinks stress might have done this. She has to run more tests, "There may be a physiological problem. It could be serious."

Hope thinks Belle has been through so much, "Finding out about Claire and all." Kate wants to know what she found out about Claire. Hope tells her about Claire's parentage, "Shawn is the father."

"Does Phillip know," asks Kate.

"Everyone knows," says Bo, "And you don't seem too surprised."

"I am," insists Kate, "This can't be possible. So what happens now?"

"Everyone will find a way to work through it," says Bo.

Kate wonders how Phillip took the news. "Not very well," says Hope.

"That's pulling it lightly," says Bo.

Dr. Ross leaves to arrange more tests. Belle worries. Phillip promises he will do anything to protect Belle and the baby. Hugs. Phillip drags out his zombie stare.

The brat can't believe Billie was trying to steal aunt Kayla's husband. Billie says, "One thing led to another. He kissed me. It didn't mean anything."

"Oh," says Chelsea, "That's even better. Don't you feel any responsibility?"

"Of course," says Billie, "But it doesn't look like things will work out with them."

"Maybe it would if you weren't in the picture." The brat gets a little faint. She's kind of dizzy standing on the high moral ground for a change.

"Steve told me he's asking her for a divorce," says Billie, "He doesn't have any feelings for her. He's not the same person Kayla fell in love with. If they decide to work things out I won't stand in the way."

"You're never gonna practice what you preach," says the little snot.

The enraged Shawn yells at Bonnie, "What kind of a mother teaches her daughter to lie, cheat and manipulate? Mimi chose to lie to me every day." He aims his howitzer at Mimi, "I saw what you did to Rex. Your lies destroyed what you had together. I should have known you would never change!"

Bonnie begs, "Mimi never new for sure." Seeing that strategy isn't working, she tosses out her trump card, "You slept with Belle."

Shawn brushes it off. He tells Bonnie he and Mimi need to talk in private. They go across the hall. Shawn slams the door. Bonnie opens it, follows and watches. Another slam.

Shawn figures out Mimi was lying before they got married, "Which means the wedding bows were a lie too."

Mimi says, "I love you. I just made a terrible mistake."

Shawn says, "So did I – the biggest mistake of my life."

Prevuze

Billie wants the truth. She wants to know why Chelsea is so concerned. The brat claims she is trying to change, "Hope wanted that divorce."

"So does Steve," says Billie.

The brat rants. She knows how much Steve and Kayla want to be together, "Why can't you just leave them alone?"

Billie is skeptical, "I want to believe you're turned over a new leaf but when you lecture me about principles I know something's up. What is it?"

Phillip waits outside while they take Belle up to her room. He finds Kate. Hugs. He tells her he is fine. "Is it true she might lose the baby," asks Kate hopefully.

Mimi knows there is no excuse. She says she was desperate. She panicked. She's insecure. Lying is her hobby. She convinced herself Shawn would leave her. Shawn says she is wrong, "I told you I wanted us to be together for all the Days Of Our Lives."

Mimi says, "I could feel in my heart there was a part of you that still loved Belle the way you could never love me."

"You were wrong," says Shawn, "It was over. I'm not in love with her now."

"Rreeaallllyyy," says Mimi, "Now who's lying, Shawn?" The referee gives Mimi two points for a reversal, but she's still hopelessly behind.

Billie presses. The brat says she's bothered because Billie is being a hypocrite. Billie made her feel bad for becoming between Bo and Hope but Billie is driving a wedge between Patch and Kayla. Billie reminds her Patch and Kayla are not really married. She thinks Chelsea just can't imagine her with anyone but Bo. Chelsea says, "I'm not nine years old and this isn't the 'Parent Trap.' I'm not plotting to get Mommy and Daddy together."

Billie knows she wants to be part of a family. She understands. The brat snorts, "It's a shame you missed your calling as a therapist."

"I just think I know you better than anyone," says Billie. The brat huffs out to work. Billie says she thought she was going out to have some fun. The brat says she's working a double shift so she can finish her community service.

Phillip and Kate talk in private. Phillip tells Kate he doesn't want her to be that transparent. He assures her Belle is his wife and he will love the new baby. They wheel Belle through. Phillip encourages her. He tells Kate he has a few more things to say.

Bonnie listens at the door. Mimi insists Shawn has never gotten over Belle. She has felt she had to fight to hold on to him from day one, "The desperate pathetic fool that I was thought I could make you forget about her. Belle didn't make that very easy for us. She has never gotten over you. So this is what I have had to live with. It was wrong to deceive you and I am sorry but I'm not the only one who's lied here. The last time she was in the hospital, I saw you kiss her. If you wanted to be with me please tell me you can forgive me." Shawn stares.

Mimi turns away. Shawn says he can understand why she did it. But he can't understand why she only thought about herself. She deprived Claire of her natural father for the first year of her life, "Phillip is going through hell because of what you did. If you think I am gonna forgive you for that, I can tell you it is never gonna happen!"

Phillip tells Kate to back off. He wants her to leave. Kate reminds him it wasn't so long ago he wanted Belle to have an abortion. Phillip rationalizes. He doesn’t think that way any more. He will deal with it. She tells him she knows about Claire, too. She thinks maybe it's time to reconsider. He needs to walk away. She thinks he's fighting an uphill battle, "You deserve a woman who loves you as much as you love her and that's not Belle. It never will be."

The brat runs into Bo and Hope. She asks to talk to Bo. Hope leaves. Chelsea is worried about Bo. She has a feeling Hope hasn't taken him back yet, "If Hope can't forgive you, then maybe you're better off with somebody else."

Bo isn't fooled, "Somebody like Billie?"

"Exactly," says the brat, "And you'd better act quickly. Before it's too late."

"What do you mean," asks Bo.

"I saw her with uncle Steve and they were kissing," says Chelsea.

"Not again!"

That got her interest, "It's happened before?"

"Yeah," says Bo, "I saw them at the Cheatin' Heart and their hearts were cheatin'. Kayla saw them, too."

"You can't fix two problems," says the brat, "Go after her and get her back. You are perfect with each other."

"My future is with Hope," says Bo, "There is nothing I can do about Steve." He leaves.

Phillip wonders how he can walk away. Kate goes through his list of virtues, "You're kind, rich, loving, rich, handsome, rich, smart, rich. You're a Kiriakis. You were born for so much better than this. I can't understand why he you're playing house in a dingy little apartment with a woman who doesn't love you. You need to stand on your own two feet, so to speak, and let Belle go back to Shawn and be done with it."

Hope comes into Belle's room. They talk expectant mom to expectant mom. Belle says, "The embryo switch feels right somehow. Phillip is devastated about Claire."

Hope says, "I know this is none of my business but I'll butt in anyway. Maybe this is a sign you should think about this."

"Thinking isn't my strong suit," says Belle, "I'm not the only one who's married to someone else. Shawn's married to Mimi – it's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible," says Hope, "I'm in a similar situation."

Belle says, "I know it's none of my business but I'll butt in anyway. You and Bo are meant to be together. When two people love each other, nothing should keep them apart."

Hope says, "So maybe you should try taking your own advice."

Shawn contemplates the monitor that ruined his life. Mimi asks, "What are you saying?"

"You betrayed me."

"I will make it up to you," says Mimi, "Our marriage can be stronger. Please just give me a chance."

"It's too late," says Shawn, "Our marriage is over."

"No."

"We're over," growls Shawn. Out the door. Slam!

Mimi stands alone and screams, "NOOOOOO! " FF.


Previews
========

Sami says, "Would you stop it!" Lucas says, "He's been after you ever sense he got to Salem. You know that." EJ smiles like a dork.

Bonnie insists, "We are gonna get Shawn back." Mimi yells, "It was one of your plans that got me into this mess in the first place, Mother!"

Mystery girl asks Shawn, "Do you think I'm nice?" Kiss

Bo says, "I will not let you do this to yourself." Hope bawls, "Bo." Hugs.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Shawn brought up Rex. Why Mimi did it isn't important. What she did is. Once again Mimi doesn't take responsibility for what she did. So she blames Shawn and it looks like monday she tries to blame Bonnie.

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The brat snorts, "It's a shame you missed your calling as a therapist."

I think this comment is sooo fitting, considering when you split the word "therapist", you get "the rapist"...LOL!

Excellete Prevuze, as always!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

Gee, I actually want to watch the show now...it's actually moving along in a faster than normal DOOL way. Great Prevuze. Love Phillip's list of attributes.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kate to Philip, "...you're rich...why are you playing house in that dingy apartment?" I think the entire free world would like to know the answer to that question. HAHAHA

Great Prevuze. Squint's dog shadow picture and Shawn's words of comfort to Mimi were funny.

And Prevuisms really hit the spot. Especially Chelsea getting dizzy from standing on the moral high ground for a change!

I think talk radio got a bum rap there, though. It can get pretty bizarre. But even those lunatics' theories don't sink to the level of most DOOL plots.

Rock on Prevuze!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Prevuze....NOT! Ha! Ha! I once again get to look at Mimi's tatas in full view!!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"I once again get to look at Mimi's tatas in full view!!"

Every once in a while we have to toss a bone to our minority readers, otherwise known as males.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"you were clever, hilarious, witty, hilarious, great, hilarious....."

I notice you conspicuously left out rich.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Vampire Bear said...

I looked on IMDB and noticed that both Jason Cook and this new guy are 5'11" but you made a remark about new guy being taller or something. Were you serious or was it a metaphorical taller sort of thing?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"I looked on IMDB and noticed that both Jason Cook and this new guy are 5'11" but you made a remark about new guy being taller or something. Were you serious or was it a metaphorical taller sort of thing?"

Well, IMDB also thought Moulin Rouge was a good movie.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs