Tuesday, September 19, 2006

God Save The Queen

Frankie rushes into the police station and asks Abe about Jack and Jennifer, "Where are they? I heard they were rescued." Abe tells him about Jack being unconscious and says they were airlifted to the hospital.

Frankie bumps into Shawn on the way out. Shawn wants to talk to him about being Patrick's attorney, but Frankie says they will talk later. Bonnie Mimi and Shawn run in and read the riot act to Abe for locking up Patrick.

Tek comes to see Patrick. He tells him his arraignment has been scheduled for tomorrow. "Good," says Patrick, "That's one step closer to getting out of here."

"No," says Tek, "It's one step closer to death row."

Patrick protests – why would he want to kill Eve? He swears on his unborn child that he is innocent, "I had nothing to do with that woman's death, but I need you to help me prove it."

They rush Jack into the ER. The medical tech barks data, "Body temperature 91.8..." Jennifer fills Lexie in on what happened. She wonders if Jack will be OK. Lexie says, "I'll check him out and we'll see, OK?"

As Lexie heads for Jack's room, Jennifer shouts, "Lexie, please don't let him die, please!"

Bonnie is beside herself, "If we can't get Frankie, I don't want some pro-bonehead court appointed attorney." They gang up on Abe and want to know how this could have happened. Abe tells them they had a search warrant, and they are waiting on the ballistics report. Mimi insists Patrick was framed. Shawn asks if Bo was the arresting officer. Abe sees where that is going and tells him Bo wouldn't plant evidence. He's surprised Shawn would even suggest that, "If you're so smart how come Patrick's fingerprints are on the evidence?" Abe ought to be able to answer that one himself.

Bonnie wants to know who she sees to have Patrick released.

"Bonnie, there is no way Patrick is going home," says Abe.

Abby rushes into the hospital and Jennifer tells her what's happening. Then she tells her they were working on a story – Eve's murder. Jack got a tip and Jennifer followed. Abby thinks it's great they were working together again, "Mom, what if... he's not in remission?"

"Don't even say it," says Jennifer.

"I can't help it."

Lexie comes out and tells them she has "news."

Abe says Patrick is being arraigned tomorrow and he isn't going home. Bonnie plants herself on the desk and announces they will just wait until the arraignment and take him home then. Abe 'splains things to poor Bonnie, "Look, he's being charged with first degree murder. The judge will probably deny him bail."

Bonnie bellows, "Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?" Abe says Bonnie can see Patrick if she calms down.

Patrick swears he is being set up, "Bo would not mind seeing me in prison. Or maybe it's somebody else." He reminds Tek he is the one who got him the lead on the shoes, "I am a lot of things but I am not stupid. The stupid genes in our family went to Mimi. It wasn't me." Patrick needs Tek to help clear his name. He is desperate. Eve deserves justice and Will is still missing. He wants Tek to at least look into the possibility he is being set up.

Tek will see what he can find out, but that doesn't man he's buying Patrick's story.

Lexie says, "Jack is awake. He's fine."

"If he's fine," asks Jennifer, "why did that happen?"

"We needed something to fill the time while we drug this stupid plot out a little longer," says Lexie. Lexie invites them in to Jack's room for a big announcement.

Inside, Lexie says they just received Jack's results, "You're a lucky man. The drugs worked. You are now officially in remission." Oh, the joy! Family hug.

Patrick comes into the holding room and greets Bonnie and Mimi. He tells them he is innocent. Shawn wants to help, "I think I know who framed you."

"Who?"

"My father," says Shawn, "He said he would do anything not to lose my mother."

Patrick drones, "If I found that out for sure I might really commit murder."

Shawn transports himself to Abe's office. Abe comes in and finds him there, "Shawn, I know your mind is a half ton pickup with a ten ton load, but your father is an honorable man."

"If you say so."

Abe's phone rings. He picks it up, "I'll keep a lookout." He hangs up and turns to Shawn, "The results of your new DNA tests are in."

Lexie clears Jack to go home. Jennifer thanks Lexie as Frankie comes in. "There is the man who truly deserves your thanks," says Lexie. Frankie asks how Jack is doing.

Abby says, "If it wasn't for Frankie we wouldn't have known you were missing."

"That's another thing we are grateful to you for," says Jennifer. Jack tells him he's in remission.

"You made it happen," says Jennifer. She hugs Frankie and stares.

Patrick tells them he's OK. He asks if they have talked to Hope, "She was there when Bo arrested me. She said she would come by, but what if she thinks I'm guilty?"

"She's probably exhausted," says Bonnie, "What with the divorce and all..."

"She's not divorced yet," says Patrick, "The judge called for a continuance. People think Bo arranged that somehow. He wasn't there. He was probably too busy raiding our house."

Bonnie vows, "He won't get away with it." Patrick and Mimi try to calm her down.

Abe types as Shawn paces, "There are some magazines in the lobby."

"You only have one issue of 'Highlights for Children' and I've already read it," says Shawn, "I just hope they nail Chelsea for good this time."

Abe asks, "Anybody ever tell you you're a lot like your father? You've got to put things in perspective."

"I'm just saying if she is responsible she has to pay," says Shawn.

"If she did switch the results she will pay, but you're jumping the gun."

"I'm sorry I don't share the same faith in the law you do," says Shawn.

Abe asks if he would rather see the results alone. He says he wants Mimi and Bonnie there because he knows what the results will say. Abe goes to see if the messenger is there yet.

Jack thanks Lexie for the good news and Lexie leaves. Jack tells Frankie he owes him everything. Abby tells him she owes him an apology. She wants to start over as friends. Hugs.

Jack looks at Jennifer and Frankie and asks Abby to wheel him downstairs. Frankie gives him a hug. Jack says he could walk but doesn't want Lexie on his case. AS Abby wheels him out Jack thrusts his arm in the air and yells, "Jack Devereaux is leaving the building!"

Frankie turns to Jennifer, "I know what you are going to say. I can see It in your eyes. I've known for a long time. I just didn't want to admit it. You're in love with Jack and you're going back to him."

Abe comes into the holding room to get Bonnie and Mimi. He announces the DNA test results are in.

"But I wasn't through," says Bonnie.

"With what," asks Abe.

"Visiting with Patrick."

Mimi drops her purse, "Damn, I'm such a klutz." She bends down and picks it up and insists everything will be all right. They leave.

Shawn is on the phone with Hope making sure she is OK. He sees the messenger come in and says he has to go.

Jennifer is so sorry. She loves Frankie very much and wanted to marry him. "Until Jack came home," says Frankie.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to figure this out," says Jennifer.

"You figured it out when you were away with him," says Frankie, "Even if he hadn't come into remission..."

"You deserve so much better than this," says Jennifer.

"Whoever she is," says Frankie, "she won't be you. But she's out there somewhere."

"I want you to find her," says Jennifer, "She will give you her whole heart and I can't do that. She will be the luckiest woman in the world." Kiss. Cry. Goodbye. Jennifer leaves. Frankie bawls.

Abe comes back with Mimi and Bonnie. Bonnie tells Mimi she doesn't think she had enough time to change the results.

Inside his office he hands Shawn the envelope. Mimi suggests taking it home and reading it privately. Shawn says he wants to open it now, "We need some good news." He opens the envelope.

Frankie bumps into Lexie. Lexie says she's sorry. Frankie says he knew what he was up against, "We both knew this was a possibility."

"That doesn't make it any easier," says Lexie.

Frankie says he doesn't know what he will do, "Maybe spin the globe, point my finger and head in that direction. But this part of my life is over. It's time to move on."

Jack, Jennifer and Abby arrive back at their house. Abby says this is the most incredible day of her life. Jack suggests celebrating with ice cream sodas. The phone rings. Jennifer picks up and hands Jack the receiver, "It's Harold."

"My boyfriend," says Jack. He takes the phone, "What? Really? You're kidding! OK, let me talk to Jennifer and Abigail and we'll get back to you." He hangs up and says Harold offered Jack the job of London bureau chief with the Spectator. He wants Jennifer to be chief European correspondent. This has been a dream of theirs – before they had kids, of course. Jack thinks it's a miracle they all got back from Europe safe and sound the last time, "And then there's Ubilam." Jack thinks Harold may have an ulterior motive. He may be trying to think of a way to get them out of his hair. Abby encourages them to do it.

Lexie tells Frankie she knows this isn't how he hoped things would work out but she is envious of him. He is free to go wherever he wants to go and do whatever he wants to do. There are times she feels trapped, "My job, my home, my son, my boyfriends..."

"I noticed you didn't mention Abe," says Frankie.

"He says he wants our marriage to work but I don't know if he means it," says Lexie, "Our relationship is so different now. I feel like he's holding something back from me. I think he doesn't fully trust me." And with the understatement of the year, she adds, " I can't blame him."

"I really do hope things work out," says Frankie. Lexie apologizes, "This was all supposed to be about you, but I worked the conversation around to talking about me. Who the hell do I think I am – Belle? You are one of the good guys. I hope you find the happiness you are looking for." Hugs.

Jack doesn't know what to do. Abby doesn't want to go. Jennifer asks, "What do you think."

"I think she's growing up," says Jack. Jennifer says they will never get another chance like this.

"I don't know," says Jack, "Going to London at my age... learning to speak the language..."

Jennifer reminds him, "They speak English, Jack."

"OK," says Jack, "We can get a tutor and live in a 'tutor' style house. They decide to do it. Jack tells Abby, "Whenever your mother and I go someplace, we end up in trouble so... all I can says is God Save the Queen." It looks like Doug and Julie will be babysitting Jack Junior for a little longer.

Shawn looks at the results, "This page is a bunch of numbers and I don't know what it means. He turns the page, "And this page is a bunch of words and I don't know what that means, either." He turns another page, "Thank God... PICTURES! " Shawn hesitates. Mimi, Bonnie and Abe wait.

Mimi asks, "What does it say?"

Shawn looks up, "I'm Claire's father."

Bonnie kisses Mimi and gives her a hug.

Prevuze

Previews
========

Bo says, "Go after Steve. Fight for him the way I'm fighting for Hope." Kayla says, "Because we're both Brady's, right? Because Mom says Brady's don't give up, right?"

Hope hugs Jennifer, "Because I'm really ready to move on with my life. "Jennifer squeals, "Good! Just bring Bo with you!"

Jack tells Abby, "That's not the greatest thing I ever did. You are."

Shawn tells Belle and Phillip, "The report that showed up in my hospital room was correct. I am Claire's father."

Days Of Our Lives, September 19, 2026. Claire discovers at her wedding to Jack Junior that Bonnie actually DID switch the results, which means she has really been Phillip's daughter all these years. The wedding is delayed while they try to figure out if they are related. Claire finds thinking about such things much easier now that she knows Shawn is not her father. Jack Junior uses the delay to spend more time with Jack, who has just returned from the dead.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great 2026 blurb!!!

Frankie Lexie!! Frankie Lexie!

It's about time. Didn't David Banning almost lead the 'have a relationship with someone who's skin is a different color than theirs' brigade? I know Mike and Robin did the mixed religion thing.

I did both in my life, and I'd like to see that kind of thing represented out there. Where better on a soap that was born a month before I was.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 2026 story recap was hilarious. I doubt we'll have to wait that long for it though. If EJ really turns out to be Elvis, Susan & Stefano's kid, then they've aged him about 25 years in about four years. At that rate Claire and Jack Jr could be walking up the aisle just a couple of years from now!!

Loved Jen's photo with "kill the plot". Amen and thank goodness only one more day of this tripe.

Finally, what were they talking about with, "And then there's Ubilam"? Malibu? A plot-point I zapped through one day?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"Finally, what were they talking about with, "And then there's Ubilam"? Malibu? A plot-point I zapped through one day?"

Ubilam is indeed Malibu spelled backwards. It is (take your pick) Stefano's island, Toscano's island, Lawrence Alamain's home country, and also sometimes referred to as "Alamania." According to some, the name has never actually been revealed on the show. The Prevuze executive staff has been meeting all morning to discuss whether or not this may have been Jack making a parting shot ad lib or whether it may be a reference to the portended rising of the Phoenix.

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 2026 story was cute.

8:50 AM  
Blogger Vampire Bear said...

The lockharts in general seem like a bunch of negative nancies. Maybe they should start a band like the Partridge Family and call it the Negative Nancies.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I'm a bit confused... the 2026 story (yes, I know it is fake), but why would Clair be related to Jack Jr???? None of the parents are related, are they, or am I forgetting something??

Otherwise, Great Prevuze today!! Thanks for the Ubilam explanation, I was wondering as I was reading!

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire would be related to jack Jr. because Jack Jr.'s mom is Jennifer abd Jennifer is cousins with Hope and Hope is Shawn's mom and Shawn is Claire's father! But if Phillip really is the father...I don't think they're be blood related.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"why would Clair be related to Jack Jr????"

It's just that in Salem it never hurts to check.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL negative nancy!! I say that all the time, along with sour sam! Hilarious...and hilarious prevuze as always....I wish I could stay up 3 more hrs for the next post but I need some zzzz's. "See" you all in the morning

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs