Tuesday, September 12, 2006

This Is My Kind Of Dive

Hope is on a private jet. She asks if anybody is there. Patrick comes in. Hope says she got his message to meet him there. He announces that he's taking her to New York for a very special dinner.

Kayla meets up with Bo. She's going to look for Steve at the pier. Bo asks if something happened.

"On DOOL," says Kayla, "What're ya, nuts? Something isn't happening. I've been trying so hard to get back what we once had. He just told me it wasn't working out." She tells him about the romantic dinner with his favorite raw foods. She thinks she pushed him too far. He left and she thinks he may have gone to the pier.

Bo says he won't let her go down there alone, "I'll help."

Patch and Billie. Patch don' need no stinkin' help. He tells her, "It's good to meet someone who lives in the moment. Not the past, not the future."

Hope is confused. Patrick tells her the best restaurants are in New York and she deserves the very best. "No on has ever done something like this for me," says Hope, "Unless you count that time Bo took me to a Burger King in Dubuque."

"I wanted to help you forget the past and focus on our future," says Patrick.

"This is expensive," says Hope.

"No," says Patrick, "It's completely free. I called in a special favor."

"How many special favors do you have," asks Hope.

"Actually," says Patrick, "I have more legends. What do you say?"

"I say we gotta eat," says Hope,

"That'll be a new experience for you," says Patrick. He calls the pilot and tells him to head out.

Billie suggests she and Patch go somewhere they can get to know each other a little better.

Bo comes into the seedy bar. He's tells Kayla he's checked things out and no one has sees Steve. She wonders if he's left town already. Bo reminds her the last time he went to Cincinnati he came right back to her. Kayla talks about a couple old boyfriends. Bo pays and tells her they will find Patch. They leave as Patch and Billie come in.

"This is my kind of dive," says Patch. Billie goes for drinks.

Billie and Roy the bartender get reacquainted. "Where have you been hiding," asks Roy.

"I'm not hiding any more," says Billie.

"You're lookin good," says Roy.

Billie looks over at Patch, "I'm feeling good."

The plane has reached cruising altitude. Patrick has planned an in-flight snack. Milque and cooquies. Fortified with vitamins. Patrick baked them himself. Hope is skeptical, if not shocked. She tries one, "Not bad." He suggests naming the kid Coco since Hope is a chocoholic. Hope suggests 'Bittersweet.' They discuss names.
"How about Addie," asks Patrick.

Hope pauses, "That's my mother's name."

"I know," says Patrick.

Hope is touched, "Thank you for everything. That's incredibly sweet and thoughtful." Patrick toasts the new baby.

Kayla and Bo search. Bo encourages her not to give up. "Am I just wacko to be chasing after him like this," asks Kayla.

"It doesn't have anything to do with chasing him," says Bo, "Maybe we should just call it quits for tonight. Maybe he'll realize he made a mistake."

Kayla says, "When I first met Nick, he reminded me so much of the old Steve, maybe because it was the old Steve, I just told myself it would be like falling in love all over again. Maybe too much has happened."

Bo says, "He loves you. Eventually he'll remember that."

Kayla asks, "What if he doesn't? What if I have been reunited with him just to lose him all over again?"

Prevuze

Heartache plays in the background. Billie says Patch passed the music test. It's one of her favorites. Billie thinks they have a lot in common. They both like to play games. Patch wonders what games. Billie gets close, "I like to play pinball." She gets up.

Bo tells Kayla it will just take some time.

Kayla says they had 5 years together and now he's had three times that without her, "New experiences have replaced the ones that used to be special to him."

"His memories may be gone but his heart is the same," says Bo, "A Heart is like compass. It always points in the right direction. Just follow it. I've known him longer than you. He can be a loyal friend."

"He just doesn't know it any more," says Kayla.

"You guys are soul mates," says Bo, "You'll wind up together."

Kayla wonders if he's taking about her and Patch or Hope and himself. "Both," says Bo, "She invited me to the ultrasound. Her boy scout was there for her and I was late. But I'm making progress. Kate admitted she paid Eve to steal the disc, but I don't have it in my hands. The frickin divorce hearing is tomorrow, but this divorce won't happen."

Hope is stuffed with cookies. A third morsel would kill her. If she has any more she won't be able to eat in NY. She gets up to put them away, and Patrick follows. Mayday! Mayday! Turbulence knocks them both onto the couch in a beautifully choreographed scene where she winds up on his lap. Kiss.

Patch says, "Wow! You are really good at pinball." She tells him her drinking days are behind her. Alcohol wasn't her problem – it was drugs. He asks if she is all right being in a bar. She says, "Yes, and thanks for asking." Billie tells him she's off the market because she caused serious trouble in a friends marriage, "It's Bo and Hope. I have a serious reputation here in Salem."

Chuckle, "You're a bad girl, huh?"

"I'm serious," says Billie. They talk about Bo and Hope. That part of her life is over.

"Are you sure," asks Patch.

"Does this answer your question?" Kiss.

Kayla Hopes Bo is right. Bo says everyone is rooting for them to get back together. He tells her Steve has been helping him to get that disc, "You gotta have faith."

"Easier said than done," says Kayla, "How can I give up? We are both the love of each other's lives. If I keep believing that, it will all work out, right?"

"Absolutely," says Bo, "I love you, sis." Bo thinks she's classy, "I'm your brother. What happened to me?"

"That's what the whole family has been wondering," says Kayla. She offers to buy him a drink at the Cheatin' Heart. He wants her to help him figure out this case. Just like old times.

The pilot announces he has changed altitudes to avoid turbulence. Patrick calls and thanks him for the aforementioned turbulence. Hope accuses Patrick of planning it. He has a surprise for her. "I know," says Hope, "We're going to Paris for dessert!"

Patrick drags out a basket full of baby stuff. Hope is flabbergasted. She saw some of this stuff in the store. It cost a fortune, "Patrick this is much more than calling in a favor, isn't it? Where did you get the money to pay for this?"

No answer. Hope didn't mean to pry, but she knows what rookie cops make. He'll have to be an old vet like her before he can buy the yacht, travel the world and never go to work. She's worried. She doesn't want him to wind up in credit card debt.

"But that's the American way," says Patrick. He assures her he had some money stashed away, "Trust me. There will always be enough money for me to provide for you and the baby."

"You don't know that," says Hope.

"I wasn't born with a trust fund," says Patrick, "My mom couldn't give me a bank account, so she taught me how to survive. I will always be able to make do."

Billie puts on the brakes, "This isn't right. What about Kayla?"

"Kayla who," says Patch, "I told you that's not happening."

"You guys are still technically married," says Billie, "I will not come between you and her. I won't do it to her. Hell, I won't do it to me. I'm sticking to sparking water and single men."

"What happened to living in the moment," asks Patch.

"This is living in the moment," says Billie, "This is the moment realize I don't want to be involved with someone who is already involved with someone else."

"But I'm not involved," says Patch.

"I'm not gonna be a temporary substitute," says Billie.

"Come on, Billie. You're all I'm thinking about right now," says Patch.

"I'm flattered," says Miss Tease 2006, "I like you. You're cute. And I'm attracted to you. But that's where it's gotta end."

"I respect that," says Patch, "How about... just one dance?"

"Not a good idea," says Billie. Patch presses. Billie relents. One dance for all the world to see.

They hit the dance floor just in time for Bo and Kayla to walk in. A lead balloon crashes right into the middle of the joint.

Hope says she knows so many people who have been suspicious of Patrick, but she knows he has a good heart. Patrick says, "It's all yours for all the Days Of Our Lives if you want it. I love you, Hope, and I always will."

"You know I'm not ready for a long term commitment," says Hope, "I haven't even divorced Bo yet."

"I didn't mean to pressure you. You're still going though with the divorce aren't you," he pressures.

Kayla tells Steve, "I can see you're having a good time. I've been looking everywhere. Apparently you're just fine."

Billie says, "This isn't how I wanted you to..."

Kayla shuts her off and they argue about who went out with whom, who is dancing with whom and is married to whom. Patch can't just flip a switch and become who she wants him to be. Billie insists nothing happened, "I told Steve I couldn't do this."

Kayla sees it another way, "Why did you have to tell him that unless he wanted something to happen?" She turns to Patch, "You know what you said in that hotel room? You're right. You really aren't the man I used to know!"

Kayla leaves. Big Brother Bo gets in Patch's face, "You hurt my sister again, and you'll regret it." Macho man makes his exit.

"So much for living in the moment," says Patch. Billie says she should have stopped it much sooner. She doesn't want to hurt Kayla. Patch doesn't want to hurt her either, "I'm not the man she used to know. Whoever that was."

"I don't know what to say, Steve."

"That's Nick," says PatchNickSteve, "You don't have to say anything. We understand each other. I don't know what I'm gonna do about my so-called marriage but I have a feeling you and I aren't done yet." Billie stares.

Bo doesn't want Kayla to drive. She says she can get through losing Steve again. Bo assures her Billie isn't interested, "Somewhere inside him is your husband."

"Do you believe that," asks Kayla.

"Have I ever lied to you," says Bo.

"About a thousand times."

"About anything serious," asks Bo.

"No."

"Things will work out for you," he says.

"And for you and Hope too," says Kayla. He tells her to drive carefully. She wishes him luck at the hearing. He insists there won't be one. He will find the disc first.

Hope says there will always be a special connection between her and Bo. Bo was there for her when Shawn was in the hospital with pickleosis. Patrick asks where Bo was for the ultrasound. Hope can't help but think of all the times he lied to her about Chelsea, "And she gets 200 hours of community service for killing my son. That I will never get over."

Patrick asks if she believes Bo stole the surveillance tape. A part of her does. Patrick says, "We may never know for sure who took that disc."

Hope says she can't spend the rest of her life waiting. She has the baby to think about, "So to answer your question – yes. I plan on going through with the divorce. And once that is over, so is my marriage to Bo."


Previews
========

Abby tells Bo, "Thank God I found you. Look, my mom and dad are missing."

Jennifer says, "I can't imagine what Frankie must be thinking right now." Jack says, "That you and I ran off together."

Bo says, "I don't want to see you in this office again." Patrick says, "What is wrong with you Bo, huh? Are you scared I'm gonna take your job like I took your wif..." Bo grabs him, "You son of.."

Hope says, "He stole that evidence disc. That was the last straw, Gran." Alice says, "You don't really believe that Bo did that, do you?"

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we please get back to lumi and I want more Jason before he leaves!

5:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO - "pickleosis". Prevuze can really sling that high-falutin' medical jargon around. HAHAHAHA

And how true the statement that Hope can "buy a yatch, travel around the world and never go to work"!

Great Prevuze on a gloomy day.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do enjoy the Prevuze. I could laugh at your crack about DesMoines several weeks ago, but. . .hey,now! You seem to be pickin' on Iowa. What gives?

A proud,native Iowan

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Bulldog. I read that in Prevuze and went..."Well, DUH!" lolol

I also whooped at Billie's declaration, "I should have stopped it a lot earlier." I say she shouldn't have started it in the first place!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Prevuze said...

"You seem to be pickin' on Iowa. What gives?"

OMG! I never thought of that. I forgot about the DesMoines crack and today we went with the theory that any city with a "q" in its name had to be worth a chuckle. Gosh, come to think of it, Albuquerque would have been twice as effective -- two q's.

No more Iowa bashing. We'll pick on Missouri which everyone knows should have been named "South Iowa" anyway.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Quiet one said...

"milque and cooquies" hahahaha
Great Prevuze today.

Jason is leaving? How many people are leaving this show anyway???

8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs