Monday, June 12, 2006

That Man Will Be Your Undoing

OMB asks Caroline if Kayla said she's coming home. Caroline says she didn't commit, but said she would think about it. OMB whines that there shouldn't be anything to think about. Caroline says everything in Salem reminds Kayla of Steve, and she has never gotten over it.

"This isn't healthy Caroline," says Shawn Sr.

"Do you mean Kayla's attitude or watching Days Of Our Lives," asks Caroline.

Kayla contemplates her wedding picture as Bette Midler belts out The Rose in the background, "Mom wants me to come home and says Bo needs me. I haven't seen them in such a long time. I'd like to go. I just don't know if I can." She stares at the picture, "I miss you so much."

Patch insists he is Nick Stockton, not Jack's brother. Jack argues. Patch leaves. Jack wonders. He thinks if Jennifer or Kayla were there, they would believe the same thing.

Celeste plays with her tarot cards, "Our lives are going to be turned upside down beginning with Abraham and Alexandra. Where are you, darling?"

Lexie tells Tek she is committed to her marriage. Tek begs for one more time. Lexie says she can't. Saved by the bell... Lexie's phone rings. It's Celeste wondering why Lexie hasn't met her at the Java Café. Lexie starts to go but Tek won't let her.

Abe slams a chair and tells corrupt cop Eve he doesn't like to be kept waiting, just like Tek. They talk about Bo tampering with the evidence. Abe insists Bo didn't, "And I'm here to prove it."

Frankie comes up to Bo in the courtroom, "I hate to ask you this, but... consider this confidential. You were the last person in the evidence room. You didn't steal the disc did you?"

"No. I didn't," says Bo, "But if you're questioning me, you can imagine what Hope's thinking. I gotta stop her from signing those papers."

"I don't think you have a choice," says Frankie. He licks his chops as he considers the possibility of taking a third of Bo's estate as his fee.

Jennifer and Hope talk about the judge's sentence. Hope wonders how Bo could have destroyed the evidence. Jennifer doesn't want Hope to sign the papers. Hope wants Bo out of her life permanently.

Bo walks up and says he didn't switch the disc. Hope nukes, "You got Chelsea off. That's all that matters." Hope runs off.

Bo starts to follow. Jennifer stops him and says the only way he can save his marriage is to prove he didn't switch the disc.

Kate and the brat hug. Billie is with them. Patrick walks in and says he heard Bo switched the disc and asks if it's true. Kate flashes back to her sinister deed. She shrugs it off and tells the brat they should go celebrate. Hope walks up, "Not so fast."

Abe tells Eve he doesn't know how he will prove Bo didn't tamper with the disc, but he knows just the man who can help them figure it out. He phones.

Meanwhile, Tek if figuring something else out. His phone rings. He picks it up. Abe asks him to come to the station and help. As he leaves, Tek says he will hold Lexie to her promise for one last time. She says she didn't commit to that. "Then what did that kiss mean," says Tek as he leaves.

Jennifer says she and Frankie have to stop by the pub for bachelor bachelorette party plans. Frankie asks if he can meet her there later.

Hope tells the brat, "What happened in court wasn't right, but I accept the sentence. You have a second chance. Don't screw it up."

The brat whines, "Does that mean you forgive me?"

"No," says Hope, "But I want to try because it's what Zack would have wanted."

"I know you don't think so," says the brat, "But I loved him and I will never forget him."

"I hope not," says Hope, "You may have gotten off because of that disc. And because of double jeopardy you can't be tried again. But justice was not served." Billie, Kate and the brat go off to celebrate.

Patrick tells Hope, "That was a wonderful thing to do."

Hope says, "Chelsea can't help what she is or who she is."

Patrick says, "I just can't believe Bo switched the disc."

The accused discswitcher himself walks up and says, "I didn't do it, but I know who did."

Lexie meets Celeste at the Java Café. She tells her there was an emergency at the hospital. Celeste sees right through that one. She accuses Lexie of being with Tek.

Caroline and Jennifer talk at the pub. Caroline says she has a favor to ask.

Patch comes back into Jack's room. He thinks the meds are messing with Jack's head. They could be causing his hallucinations. Jack says, "I don't need no stinkin' meds to screw my head up. You're Steve Johnson. You're my brother and I'm going to prove it to you."

PatchNickSteve asks, "How?"

Jack says, "I'm going to call your wife."

"Oh, goodie," says Patch, "Now I have a wife, too."

The Rose plays as Kayla sits and remembers Patch. Flashback to their wedding. Flashback to a boxing ring. She whaps him. Patch sings The Rose and signs. Keep your day job, Patch.

Kayla's phone rings. She puts down the picture and answers, "I can't believe it."

Billie tells the brat Hope was trying to reach out to her. The brat tells Billie she just can't stop doing horrible things. Kate tells Billie people make mistakes. They both try to encourage the little snot. "We can't change the past," says Billie, "But we can affect the future."

"And I'm going to," vows the brat.

Bo accuses Patrick of switching the disc. Patrick reminds him he is the one who found it in the first place. Patrick sighs as he remembers the encounter with his boyfriend Lance. Hope says Patrick couldn't have gotten into the evidence room. Bo reminds her Patrick once worked for the DiMeras.

"You are a desperate man trying to cover up his guilt," says Hope.

"I am desperate," says Bo, "But I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

Hope shoots back, "You're a liar."

Abe hopes he didn't pull Tek away from anything important. Tek goes to work, "I think I may be able to tell you exactly who switched the disc."

Lexie admits she was with Tek. Celeste lectures. Lexie says she broke it off, "For real this time. But, walking away this time was harder than I expected. Sex is all there is between Tek and me."

"Darling," says Celeste, "I hear a 'but' coming. Tell me. What is it?"

"OK," says Lexie, "When I told Tek it was over he said he loved me."

Celeste spews her coffee, "I am sure he has said that to many women."

"I know," says Lexie, "I've never put much stock in it when he has said it before, but this time I really believe he meant it, Mom."

Jennifer is on the phone with Kayla. She wants her to come back to give Bo and Hope a fresh perspective. She knows if Kayla came back, she would be confronted with reminders of Steve. But she says the reminders she has of Jack comfort her. Kayla decides to give it a shot.

"Go ahead," says Patch, "Call her."

"I don't have the number," says Jack.

"Try Salem information," says Patch.

"She doesn't live in Salem," says Jack, "I think she lives in Los Angeles."

"Then you'll need a room full of phone books," says Patch, "Why don't you call your wife for the number."

"She thinks I'm already dead."

"I don't know what to say," says Patch, "except you don't want this fantasy challenged."

"It's not a fantasy," insists Jack, "You are my brother, and your wife is still out there and loves you."

Patch pins something on Jack's shirt, "I give this to all my patients. It says, 'I Am Loved.'" He starts to leave.

Jack stops him. He holds up the locket and asks him to look at Jennifer's picture, "Do you know who that is?"

"She's your wife."

"You do remember," says Jack.

Tek, Abe and Eve go into the evidence room. Tek says he has installed a camera, which may have recorded what happened. Eve sweats. Abe asks Eve to drive him to the courthouse. Eve wants to stay and help Tek but Abe insists.

Frankie asks for a word with Chelsea, "There is no chance of you going to prison. If you want to, you can make a new start for yourself." The brat wants to do that. Frankie asks, "So you'll do it? You'll tell the truth?"

The brat smiles, "No."

Kate thinks Billie is being self-righteous. Kate says what she is doing is no different than Billie's phony confession. She says Billie is being given another shot at the man she loves, "For God's sake, take it."

The brat says she won't tell the truth because she doesn't want Hope to get upset at her again, "Besides Hope will never forgive Bo for switching the disc."

Patrick wants Hope to leave. She asks for a second alone with Bo. Bo insists he loves her. She loves him, but all he has done is lie. Hope can't deal with this, "I wanted justice and closure. Chelsea needed to be punished. What she got doesn't cut it for me." They argue. It's over. Again.

Celeste tells Lexie not to be taken in by Tek's declaration of love. Lexie insists it's over. Again. Celeste thinks Lexie is conflicted. She says she read her cards. She may not just lose her husband, but Theo, too. Lexie stares.

Kayla gets on the computer and plans her trip as she stares at Patch's picture.

Patch says he doesn't remember Jennifer, he just assumed the picture was of Jack's wife. Jack loves her but can't call her. He asks Patch to grant his dying wish – to take a DNA test with him.

Lexie's pager goes off. Celeste thinks it's Tek. Lexie jams the pager into Celeste's face to show her it's the hospital. As she leaves, she assures Celeste nothing will happen.

After Lexie leaves, Celeste sits alone and thinks, "Of course nothing will happen. This is DOOL. I may be wrong about who was paging you, but I am not wrong to worry. That man will be your undoing."

Caroline thinks maybe Jennifer can reach Kayla. Jennifer has moved on from Jack and maybe she can help Kayla do that, too.

"I love Frankie," says Jennifer, "But if Jack were still alive..."

Caroline says, "I know."

Kayla packs her wedding picture and leaves.

Patch says, "This must be the meds, wishful thinking or you're a whack job."

"It's certainly not the meds or wishful thinking," says Jack.

Patch gives in, "OK, I'll humor you. It'll take a DNA test with you and prove I am not who you think I am."

Prevuze

Tek stares into his computer and says, "Abe's not going to believe this."

Billie says, "It's not right for you to play God with Bo and Hope's lives."

"Who's playing," asks Kate Almighty.

"I won't be a party to it," says Billie.

"All I want," says Kate, "is for All My Children to be happy for all the Days Of Our Lives," says Kate.

The brat interrupts and they all go to celebrate.

Bo agonizes, "It can't be over Fancy Face."

"I'm not your Fancy Face any more," snorts Hope.

Abe rushes up, "We have a break in the investigation about the disc."

Eve whispers in Kate's ear, "Destroy the disc."

Kate excuses herself – she has to go back to the office to get some work done. Abe stops her, "Look, this is about your granddaughter. I think we'd all better go down to the station together."

"Yeah, I think so, too," agrees Bo, "And you'll find out I had nothin' to do with this." FF Hope.


Previews
========

Mimi whines to Shawn, "I'm so sorry I'll never be able to give you your own child."

Tek tells Lexie, "I need to be with you one last time." They kiss. A hand pushes back a plant behind them.

Austin walks up as Sami says, "Look, I don't care what you think I... What did you say?" Kate shrugs and says, "I agree."

Hope asks Bo, "What did you do?" Abe says, "Bo, why don't you tell us?"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't get to Prevuze until 11:00 a.m. today! Can barely cope....

But am now revived! LOL at Prevuze' picture captions about coming back from the dead being hereditary and DOOL having done their annual amnesia story already.

So, Jen's moved on and can help Kayla do the same?? Jen moved in in about three weeks. It's been 15 years since Kayla lost Patch. If she hasn't "moved on" by now....

Thanks Prevuze!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama     Globe Of Blogs